IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 1565

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/25/05 9:38:05 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, writes:

Message: 17 Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:11:21 -0800 serene <sereneRe: dining on $2 a dayfraggle wrote:>the crowds at berkeley bowl drive me absolutely nuts...Yeah, I can totally understand that. However, they don't bother me. There are a lot of people, but everyone's pretty polite, and I don't push a cart (we're nearly always walking, so if it won't fit in a handbasket, it's probably too much to carry home), so I can move through the aisles pretty well, even when they're full.I don't know; it may be weird, but it's one of the beautiful things about moving here to me -- a place like Berkeley Bowl in San Diego (where I'm from) would never thrive -- hell, I saw more than one natural grocery store fold in my 26 years there. Here, it's packed all the time. I think that's beautiful.serene

I went to San Diego and visited a very "hippy" type of neighborhood. There are a lot of health food people in that area.

Kristina

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

We went the year before last and it was a lot of fun! So manyfreebies and a great energy!!!Let's make it an outing!from the website) ... We welcome our attendees to a magnificent dayfilled with entertainment, education and enlightenment. Thecombination of great music, empowering speakers, environmental,humanitarian and animal welfare non-profits, kid's activities and aninternational food court make for an earth-friendly experience thatis sure to be inspiring and enjoyable for all.We've got over 30 bands on three stages this year. A greatcombination of international acts and fantastic local bands.On our Main Stage you'll hear our bigger-name bands as well as ourcelebrity speakers.Our two smaller stages will be in tents - First is the Ocean Roomwhere we'll have

rock, funk, and jazz groups. Second we have theEarth Lounge where we'll showcase singer/songwriters and world musicgroups.Spoken word fans will want to check out the WorldFest PoetryFestival to hear some of the best poets from around SouthernCalifornia. Plus - Dig out your notebooks and start practicing nowfor our "Open Mic"!And while you are at the festival enjoying the great food and musicyou'll have a chance to learn more about what you can do for theearth and it's inhabitants. We're working on the Eco-Tent which willbe a place to learn simple things you can do to make a differnencein the world and save you some money at the same time.There will also be over 150 exhibitors there showcasing theirproducts or with information on their organizations.http://www.worldfestevents.com/6350 Woodley Ave. (MapQuest or Maps)WorldFest is located at the Northern end of Woodley Park in VanNuys, CAFrom Santa Monica and Points South:405 NorthExit Burbank Blvd - turn LeftWoodley Ave - Turn RightFestival is up on your Right. Parking will be on your Left justafter you pass the festival.From North of the San Fernando Valley:405 SouthExite Victory Blvd.Turn Left on Haskell (to Victory Blvd.)Victory Blvd - turn RightWoodley Ave. - Turn LeftFestival will be on the Left. Parking will be on the right justbefore you reach the festival.From Ventura and other points West:101 South (East)Exit Balboa Blvd. - turn Left under the freewayBrubank Blvd. - turn RightWoodley Ave. - turn LeftFestival is up on your Right. Parking will be on your Left justafter you pass the festival.From North Hollywood or points East:101 Fwy North(West)405

NorthExit Burbank Blvd - turn LeftWoodley Ave - Turn RightFestival is up on your Right. Parking will be on your Left justafter you pass the festival.Where to meet: Let's meet right outside the festival accross fromthe parking lot on Woodley Ave.This is the new thingie I belong too. . .they have some greatideas. . .here is the direct link to the event!http://www.mypeopleconnection.com/eventn130264.html

• 1 year later...

Hello!

I'm new to the group.....but I have to comment on the Today show issue....I

didn't see the segment because I had to work (I work part time at Gymboree as

music teacher/child-care so I can keep my son with me, he is 2..I was a teacher

before being a mom)...anyway...my mother is an avid Today show watcher, and like

some people she believes everything she hears on that show as fact. It has to

be true if it's on the Today show of course!! She called me not 2 minutes after

I got off work going on and on about my veg. lifestyle choice, about how she was

concerned about my health and my son's health and us not getting enough

nutrients.....so frustrating! Instead of picking up a book and doing some real

research like I have, she trusts those stupid Today show faces over me.

Anyway...just wanted to complain to people who would understand!!

~Jennifer Skopecek~

Yes, it was a really bad segment on the Today Show. I hope there are

a lot of others who also wrote to tell them so (the email address is

today)

I don't know how many of you to Dawnwatch.com, but

apparently there was a really good article in Shape Magazine on

Alicia Silverstone and her vegan diet. That's refreshing.

Jill

, Jennifer <zamese wrote:

>

> Hello!

>

> I'm new to the group.....but I have to comment on the Today show

issue....I didn't see the segment because I had to work (I work part

time at Gymboree as music teacher/child-care so I can keep my son

with me, he is 2..I was a teacher before being a mom)...anyway...my

mother is an avid Today show watcher, and like some people she

believes everything she hears on that show as fact. It has to be

true if it's on the Today show of course!! She called me not 2

minutes after I got off work going on and on about my veg. lifestyle

choice, about how she was concerned about my health and my son's

health and us not getting enough nutrients.....so frustrating!

Instead of picking up a book and doing some real research like I

have, she trusts those stupid Today show faces over me.

>

> ~Jennifer Skopecek~

>

>

Maybe you could buy her a book? :) I don't know why in the world people are so

convinced that they know more about being a vegetarian based on information they

got from meat-eaters than we know after we've been doing this for years,

researching all along the way. I'd really get after your mom with some *real*

facts about being a vegetarian or else she'll just continue to believe what she

heard on that show.

Kadee Sedtal

Jennifer <zamese wrote: Hello!

I'm new to the group.....but I have to comment on the Today show issue....I

didn't see the segment because I had to work (I work part time at Gymboree as

music teacher/child-care so I can keep my son with me, he is 2..I was a teacher

before being a mom)...anyway...my mother is an avid Today show watcher, and like

some people she believes everything she hears on that show as fact. It has to

be true if it's on the Today show of course!! She called me not 2 minutes after

I got off work going on and on about my veg. lifestyle choice, about how she was

concerned about my health and my son's health and us not getting enough

nutrients.....so frustrating! Instead of picking up a book and doing some real

research like I have, she trusts those stupid Today show faces over me.

~Jennifer Skopecek~