IndiaDivine.org

Situation in Argentina

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please distribute widely,

the following has been translated from spanish.

INFORMATION REGARDING THE SITUATION THAT IS OCCURING IN ARGENTINA, THE PURSUIT OF ANIMALS RIGHTS ACTIVIST BY FURRIERS

We are seeking protection from human rights organizations and all organizations that defend the life of animals.

Please let everyone know of the events that are taking place in Buenos Aires, Federal Capital of the Republic Argentina.

Some months ago I was invited to a demonstration in favor of the life of hundreds of thousands of chinchillas that die electrocuted in order to utilize their skins for the sale and subsequent making of coats. Some 140 animals are utilized for a single coat that is sold for 50,000 dollars.

A group of vegans set up a spot in front of a central hotel of ours in the Capital and opposite the Isabel Holy Church where they developed “seminars” of diffusion for said activity.

We gathered at this place with flyers and posters asking to please cease the animal sufferings and we about twenty demonstrators putting up our signs.

Inside the Isabel Holy Church we found Mr. Hector Aleandri, owner of El Dorado S.R.L.; the most important slaughterhouse of chinchillas of the country and main exporter of skins.

In front of many people he attacked the demonstrators and spat on us. He took pictures of us. Later as I was going to another demonstration regarding the benefits of vegetarianism, a friend and I were delayed and questioned by police personnel who came along with Hector Aleandri.

They alleged a penalty against us they retained the documents and from there the furrier had access to my personal data and that of my companion. Immediately afterwards we receive telephone calls and “police visits” in our residences alerting about the penal causes initiated against us. Also we find messages from the furriers on our computer.

Some days ago I received in my residence a document in which Mr. Aleandri accuses me of heading a group of dangerous, vegans that make attempts against their personal goods and their property, and holds us responsible for any fire or attemps that could be made in the fur trade, meat markets, etc.

I have never participated in any of the acts that this furrier accuses me of . Only in the ones that I have described. Aleandri does not have any proof against me.

I am legal assistant and executive director of Animal Naturalis Argentina and I send this information to let everyone know of these circumstances in case the same things might happen to anyone elsewhere due to the asymetry of these events and to find out about resources that we might have, those of us who denounce this group of furriers that have great economic advantage.

I copy part of the document that was sent to my home address and to my place of work by Hector Aleandri:

“There is damage by personal actions initiated by offenses and slanders and also damage to my property etc, etc, whose civil repairs I estimated to be in the sum of 100000 dollars, by the circumstance of defamation of my character, has been put in knowledge of millions of people of the Spanish speaking world with great damage , whose good name extensively is known everywhere.

Works, books, international seminars in USA, Europe, etc, etc, keeping in mind the serious tragedy occurred in Buenos Aires. with the death of almost 200 people and hundreds seriously injured. ...I have you and to your group of vegans perfectly identified, ..photographed.....and recognized by furriers of rabbits and other animals, circuses, etc, etc)

They are aware of your activities posted on the pages of the internet which are of the HIGHEST DANGER .

You cannot deny that you being the leader have the highest knowdlege of these activities that cause defamation of my character, and attack my personal goods and that are contrary to every act of the law. I remind you that if any irresponsible reader of your internet pages commit or initiate a fire in any fur trade, all kinds of animals nurseries meat market, localities of Mac Donalds. ..and produce deaths or serious wounds ALL of you are responsible penaly and civilly.

I urge you to distribute this document to the ones that are behind the incitement to the violence and commission violent acts that can have very serious consequences. ..”

Signed: Dr. Hector Aleandri 4.277.465 and by Graciela Galguera ID: 12.087.429 http://www.chinchilla.com.ar/eldorado/

As it is verified here very serious accusations are described.

MY FEAR IS THAT THIS DOCUMENT BE A PRIOR ACT TO A FALSE ACCUSATION.

Never I have committed any crime. I only try to inform people to love all the animals by making flyers, and signs. that is all.

http://www.animanaturalis.comAndrea Sapirsztein

This needs to be distributed as top priority it appears.

Vijay

- In , " anouk sickler " <zurumato@e...> wrote:

> Please distribute widely,

> the following has been translated from spanish.

>

>

>

> INFORMATION REGARDING THE SITUATION THAT IS OCCURING IN ARGENTINA,

THE PURSUIT OF ANIMALS RIGHTS ACTIVIST BY FURRIERS

>

> We are seeking protection from human rights organizations and all

organizations that defend the life of animals.

> Please let everyone know of the events that are taking place in le

for any fire or attemps that could be made in the fur trade, meat

markets, etc.

>