IndiaDivine.org

RE: vegan children diet report?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi everyone,

i just heard on the radio that an american scientist (?) has stated that

bringing children up on a vegan diet deprives them?

oh, so bringing them up on the western diet of dairy dairy , that is in the

long term causing so much heart disease in the states, plus obesity is the

way to go?

i have a LARGE suspicion that her research was bought and paid for by the

meat and diary lobby, whats everyone else think?

profit before animals before health

catherine

> " heartwerk " <heartwork

>

>

> Re: B12

>Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:53:10 -0000

>

>

>... and what is wrong with vegan spread and vegan cheese? I'm sorry

>you found it too difficult to become a vegan.

>

>What was the purpose of telling us that you are eating butter and

>cheese 'right now'. Was it just a lack of sensitivity?

>

>Jo

>

>

>

> , chocaholicgirl05@a... wrote:

> > I tried to become a vegan but it was just to diffucult, right now

>I'm eating

> > a baked potato with butter and cheese.

>

>

>

Express yourself with cool new emoticons http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemo

damn that thing moved FAST!!!

since she was originally with the UC Davis skool, which is a huge agricultural skool, with extremely close ties t obig agriculture, i suspect the funding came from some big beef producers and the california fluid milk producers Catherine Harris Feb 21, 2005 4:12 AM RE: Re: vegan children diet report? hi everyone,i just heard on the radio that an american scientist (?) has stated that bringing children up on a vegan diet deprives them?oh, so bringing them up on the western diet of dairy dairy , that is in the long term causing so much heart disease in the states, plus obesity is the way to go?i have a LARGE suspicion that her research was bought and paid for by the meat and diary lobby, whats everyone else think?profit before animals before healthcatherine>"heartwerk" <heartwork> > > Re: B12>Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:53:10 -0000>>>... and what is wrong with vegan spread and vegan cheese? I'm sorry>you found it too difficult to become a vegan.>>What was the purpose of telling us that you are eating butter and>cheese 'right now'. Was it just a lack of sensitivity?>>Jo>>>> , chocaholicgirl05@a... wrote:> > I tried to become a vegan but it was just to diffucult, right now>I'm eating> > a baked potato with butter and cheese.>>>_______________Express yourself with cool new emoticons http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemoTo send an email to -

Hi Catherine

It would seem to me that the research came from the meat and milk lobby, who

do all they can to discredit a healthy vegan diet.

I was all prepared for the comments at work today and had my strategy

planned - one of my ex-colleagues was raised from birth as a vegan, and she

is 5'9 " tall, not overweight, but certainly not skinny, and the most healthy

looking person you could imagine. Everyone at work likes and admires her -

so I thought she would be a really good counter-argument to the stupid

article .... nobody mentioned it at all!

Jo

UC Davis also conducts a large amount of animal testing.

Love,

Anna

-

fraggle

2/21/2005 9:23:21 AM

RE: Re: vegan children diet report?

since she was originally with the UC Davis skool, which is a huge agricultural skool, with extremely close ties t obig agriculture, i suspect the funding came from some big beef producers and the california fluid milk producers Catherine Harris Feb 21, 2005 4:12 AM RE: Re: vegan children diet report? hi everyone,i just heard on the radio that an american scientist (?) has stated that bringing children up on a vegan diet deprives them?oh, so bringing them up on the western diet of dairy dairy , that is in the long term causing so much heart disease in the states, plus obesity is the way to go?i have a LARGE suspicion that her research was bought and paid for by the meat and diary lobby, whats everyone else think?profit before animals before healthcatherine>"heartwerk" <heartwork> > > Re: B12>Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:53:10 -0000>>>... and what is wrong with vegan spread and vegan cheese? I'm sorry>you found it too difficult to become a vegan.>>What was the purpose of telling us that you are eating butter and>cheese 'right now'. Was it just a lack of sensitivity?>>Jo>>>> , chocaholicgirl05@a... wrote:> > I tried to become a vegan but it was just to diffucult, right now>I'm eating> > a baked potato with butter and cheese.>>>_______________Express yourself with cool new emoticons http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemoTo send an email to -

It's all fitting nicely into place now - thanks.

Jo

-

Anna Blaine

Monday, February 21, 2005 10:27 PM

Love,

Anna

-

fraggle

since she was originally with the UC Davis skool, which is a huge agricultural skool, with extremely close ties t obig agriculture, i suspect the funding came from some big beef producers and the california fluid milk producers Catherine Harris Feb 21, 2005 4:12 AM RE: Re: vegan children diet report? hi everyone,i just heard on the radio that an american scientist (?) has stated that bringing children up on a vegan diet deprives them?oh, so bringing them up on the western diet of dairy dairy , that is in the long term causing so much heart disease in the states, plus obesity is the way to go?i have a LARGE suspicion that her research was bought and paid for by the meat and diary lobby, whats everyone else think?profit before animals before healthcatherine>"heartwerk" <heartwork> > > Re: B12>Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:53:10 -0000>>>... and what is wrong with vegan spread and vegan cheese? I'm sorry>you found it too difficult to become a vegan.>>What was the purpose of telling us that you are eating butter and>cheese 'right now'. Was it just a lack of sensitivity?>>Jo>>>> , chocaholicgirl05@a... wrote:> > I tried to become a vegan but it was just to diffucult, right now>I'm eating> > a baked potato with butter and cheese.>>>_______________Express yourself with cool new emoticons htt p://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemoTo send an email to -

lhallen (this is Anouk's husband ) this is Prof. Allen's email adr. if you would like to let her know how you feel. I already have.

-

Anna Blaine

2/21/2005 5:27:49 PM

Love,

Anna

-

fraggle

hi jo,

long may it continue like that...i was ready for comments today as

well.......

there is no such thing as a free lunch......or objective research in this

case......

catherine

ps hope things are going well

> " Jo Cwazy " <heartwork

>

>

>Re: Re: vegan children diet report?

>Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:17:47 -0000

>

>Hi Catherine

>

>It would seem to me that the research came from the meat and milk lobby,

>who

>do all they can to discredit a healthy vegan diet.

>

>I was all prepared for the comments at work today and had my strategy

>planned - one of my ex-colleagues was raised from birth as a vegan, and she

>is 5'9 " tall, not overweight, but certainly not skinny, and the most

>healthy

>looking person you could imagine. Everyone at work likes and admires her -

>so I thought she would be a really good counter-argument to the stupid

>article .... nobody mentioned it at all!

>

>Jo

>

h

Want to block unwanted pop-ups? Download the free MSN Toolbar now!

http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/