IndiaDivine.org

i'm new.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hello all-

i am new to the group and new to veganism. i was vegetarian for about 3 years and have been a vegan since october. the food revolution, by john robbins was primarily responsible for my switch to a vegan lifestyle. i am wondering if any of you have read it and what your thoughts on it may be.

i am lucky enough to live in nyc, so vegan dining options are plenty. i am interested in learning from you all which vitamin supplement are the best, right now i am taking a B12 supplement and '"emer'gen-c powder supplement."

oh- one final thing. does anyone know if the popcorn sold at movie theaters like lowe's is vegan?

thanks and i look forward to some interesting discussion here!

teresa

Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'

welcome teresa

food revolution was a great book....

as fer popcorn...ask...some uses a vegetable based topping, many use a milk based topping..also, even if you get it w/o butter, some places pop it with oils that have butter flavoring already in em

just ask...if it makes you feel weird, say you are allergic to certain products...

:)

cheers

fraggle teresa guerrero Feb 21, 2005 7:49 AM i'm new.

hello all-

i am new to the group and new to veganism. i was vegetarian for about 3 years and have been a vegan since october. the food revolution, by john robbins was primarily responsible for my switch to a vegan lifestyle. i am wondering if any of you have read it and what your thoughts on it may be.

i am lucky enough to live in nyc, so vegan dining options are plenty. i am interested in learning from you all which vitamin supplement are the best, right now i am taking a B12 supplement and '"emer'gen-c powder supplement."

oh- one final thing. does anyone know if the popcorn sold at movie theaters like lowe's is vegan?

teresa

Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term' To send an email to -

Hi Teresa

Welcome to the group - I hope you enjoy it here.

I'm in the UK and taken Quest Vegan Vitamins, plus extra vitamin E, C and Essential Fatty Acids. I don't know what is available in the States though.

The only way to find out about the popcorn is to ask at the theatre or get an address of the company and write to them. I would imagine though that they would have butter on them.

Jo

hi Teresa,and welcome

food revolution is a fantastic book

I found by eating a well balance diet of ORGANIC foods I only need to take b12 (sogars Vitamins)

as for the popcorn make your own bring it with you =o]]

all the best

Craig

i'm new.

hello all-

teresa

Hey, Teresa, and welcome. Diet for a New America (John Robbins also) was my intro into veganism, so I can identify. Yes, it does make perfect sense. If only the rest of the world could see.

As for supplements, a good vegan multi is nice, but try using some Red Star Nutritional Yeast in your recipes and you won't need a B-12 supplement. (Red Star is the only one that doesn't taste icky to me.) I was just in NY (Manhattan) last week, and you're right. It's fairly easy to be vegan there. I live in Atlanta where it is much harder, so count yourself lucky.

As you begin your vegan life, please remember to keep going back in your mind to what made you decide veganism was for you in the first place, because along the way you will meet lots of people and be put in lots of situations where the easy thing is to give in to old (less compassionate and sensible) ways. I wish you love and health and happiness!

Susanteresa guerrero <teresacguerrero wrote:

hello all-

teresa

i think in this large world.. seattle and portland rule for vegan eatablesSusan Spain <susanspain2004 wrote:

Hey, Teresa, and welcome. Diet for a New America (John Robbins also) was my intro into veganism, so I can identify. Yes, it does make perfect sense. If only the rest of the world could see.

As for supplements, a good vegan multi is nice, but try using some Red Star Nutritional Yeast in your recipes and you won't need a B-12 supplement. (Red Star is the only one that doesn't taste icky to me.) I was just in NY (Manhattan) last week, and you're right. It's fairly easy to be vegan there. I live in Atlanta where it is much harder, so count yourself lucky.

As you begin your vegan life, please remember to keep going back in your mind to what made you decide veganism was for you in the first place, because along the way you will meet lots of people and be put in lots of situations where the easy thing is to give in to old (less compassionate and sensible) ways. I wish you love and health and happiness!

hello all-

teresa

To send an email to -

Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'

You're probably right, Eric. I'd LOVE to live in San Francisco. New York's not bad, though, because of sheer variety, and Atlanta's probably among the worst. Maybe as bad as the mid-west, where cattle and dairy farms rule.Eric Guizzetti <ericgsphotos wrote:

i think in this large world.. seattle and portland rule for vegan eatablesSusan Spain <susanspain2004 wrote:

hello all-

teresa

To send an email to -

All your favorites on one personal page – Try My

you know i just have to plug the Bay Area...

and as fer the worse...

Wyoming..... Susan Spain Feb 22, 2005 8:47 AM Re: i'm new.

You're probably right, Eric. I'd LOVE to live in San Francisco. New York's not bad, though, because of sheer variety, and Atlanta's probably among the worst. Maybe as bad as the mid-west, where cattle and dairy farms rule.Eric Guizzetti <ericgsphotos wrote:

hello all-

teresa

To send an email to -

All your favorites on one personal page Try My To send an email to -

fraggle wrote:

>you know i just have to plug the Bay Area...

Yep. It's easier being vegan here in Oakland/Berkeley than anywhere

else I've lived, and it was pretty easy in San Diego. (And really,

not all that hard in rural New York, but I think that's because I

like a lot of foods and don't mind being stuck eating a dry salad in

a restaurant once in a while.)

serene

--

" A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead liberals. "

-- The Holy Church of Happy Good Times