> Like a pinch on the neck of Mr. Spock

>

>

> The Valley Vegan.........

>

>

>

> Peter H

Next time you finish a carton of soya milk, rip/cut/chew it open to see if any residues are left in the bottom.

The Valley Vegan........( recovering from sitting through the new Magic Roundabout film, talk about heresy! nothing in common with the original series...be warned!)Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

LOL - I don't find it that hard to mix it in with a shaking, and I have weak hands due to bouts of RSI !

Jo

I read a report by a British university, that said that calcium fortified soya drinks are not very good as most of the added calcium settles to the bottom of the carton, and that shaking it does not shift it sufficiently to mix it back up. It advised that you would need one of the industrial paint mixers to shake it violently enough to mix it back into the solution!To send an email to - Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Nowt wrong with sarcasm now and then.

The report did not condemn calcium fortified drinks, but the way that they hold the additive in suspension. Am going to check a few of my cartons when I empty them to see if anything can survive the shaking I give it before I use it.

The Valley Vegan.........Peter <metalscarab wrote:

> I read a report by a British university, that said that calcium fortified soya drinks are not very good as most of the added

> calcium settles to the bottom of the carton, and that shaking it does not shift it sufficiently to mix it back up. It advised that

> you would need one of the industrial paint mixers to shake it violently enough to mix it back into the solution!

Obviously the Calcium in regular milk is so much better for you...!!!!???? ('scuse the sarcasm)

BB

PeterTo send an email to - Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Keep on shaking and checking the empty cartons.

Struggled hard for a lyric with soya in it.........

I got no stomach for a dumbed-down tomatoGene genie, rogue soya beanieGet thee behind me patent margarinieHere's to you and your health and happiness

Chumbawumba?sara <gagrip5 wrote:

Peter;Hmmm.. I didn't know. The last few glasses DO always have a lot of "floaters," but I never thought about what they were. Maybe calcium-fortified soy yogurt is better cause the additives can't settle? Maybe I should run out and buy a paint mixer :). Or totally confuse the guys at Lowe's by bringing in containers of soy milk to mix up.saranice Beasties quote, BTW , peter hurd wrote:> I read a report by a British university, that said that calcium fortified soya drinks are not very good as most of the added calcium settles to the bottom of the carton, and that shaking it does not shift it sufficiently to mix it back up. It advised that you would need one of the industrial paint mixers to shake it violently enough to mix it back into the solution!> >

> If you try to knock me you'll get mocked> I'll stir fry you in my wok> Your knees'll start shaking and your fingers pop> Like a pinch on the neck of Mr. Spock > > > The Valley Vegan.........> > > > Peter H

Hehehe. Who knew there was a song out there with soy beans in it??

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

> Keep on shaking and checking the empty cartons.

> Struggled hard for a lyric with soya in it.........

>

> I got no stomach for a dumbed-down tomato

> Gene genie, rogue soya beanie

> Get thee behind me patent margarinie

> Here's to you and your health and happiness

>

> Chumbawumba?