IndiaDivine.org

BBC website - Cannabis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Smoking cannabis virtually doubles the risk of developing mental

illnesses such as schizophrenia, researchers say.

The New Zealand scientists said their study suggested this was

probably due to chemical changes in the brain which resulted from

smoking the drug.

The study, published in the journal Addiction, followed over 1,000

people born in 1977 for 25 years.

UK mental health campaigners said it was more evidence of a " drug-

induced mental health crisis " .

The researchers, from the University of Otago, interviewed people

taking part in the Christchurch Health and Development Study about

their cannabis use at the ages of 18, 21 and 25.

They were also interviewed about various aspects of their mental

health.

The scientists found psychotic symptoms were more common among

cannabis users.

They analysed their findings to take into account the possibility

illness encouraged people to use more cannabis, rather than the drug

contributing to their condition.

But the researchers said the link was not likely to be due to people

with mental illness having a greater wish to smoke cannabis.

Instead, they said cannabis may increase the chances of a person

suffering psychosis by causing chemical changes to the brain.

The researchers also took into account factors such as family

history, current mental disorders, and illicit substance abuse.

'Growing evidence'

The scientists, led by Professor David Fergusson, said it was likely

cannabis use increased the chances of a person suffering psychosis by

causing chemical changes to the brain.

Writing in Addiction, he added: " Even when all factors were taken

into account, there was a clear increase in rates of psychotic

symptoms after the start of regular use.

" These findings add to the growing body of evidence from different

sources, all of which suggest that heavy use of cannabis may lead to

increased risk of psychotic symptoms and disease in susceptible

individuals. "

Paul Corry, of the mental health charity Rethink, said: " This is the

latest in long line of international research over the last 12 months

that shows we are facing a drug-induced mental health crisis.

" Rethink is renewing its call to the Health Select Committee to

investigate the latest research into the link between cannabis use

and severe mental illness.

" We need action from the Department of Health and we need it now if

we are to avoid the risk of tens of thousands of young people

developing a severe mental illness in the future. "

The Department of Health has said it will review all academic and

clinical studies linking cannabis use to mental health problems.

Guest guest

I'd go crazy without it.

-

" heartwerk " <heartwork

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:29 AM

BBC website - Cannabis

>

>

> Smoking cannabis virtually doubles the risk of developing mental

> illnesses such as schizophrenia, researchers say.

> The New Zealand scientists said their study suggested this was

> probably due to chemical changes in the brain which resulted from

> smoking the drug.

> The study, published in the journal Addiction, followed over 1,000

> people born in 1977 for 25 years.

> UK mental health campaigners said it was more evidence of a " drug-

> induced mental health crisis " .

> The researchers, from the University of Otago, interviewed people

> taking part in the Christchurch Health and Development Study about

> their cannabis use at the ages of 18, 21 and 25.

> They were also interviewed about various aspects of their mental

> health.

> The scientists found psychotic symptoms were more common among

> cannabis users.

> They analysed their findings to take into account the possibility

> illness encouraged people to use more cannabis, rather than the drug

> contributing to their condition.

> But the researchers said the link was not likely to be due to people

> with mental illness having a greater wish to smoke cannabis.

> Instead, they said cannabis may increase the chances of a person

> suffering psychosis by causing chemical changes to the brain.

> The researchers also took into account factors such as family

> history, current mental disorders, and illicit substance abuse.

> 'Growing evidence'

> The scientists, led by Professor David Fergusson, said it was likely

> cannabis use increased the chances of a person suffering psychosis by

> causing chemical changes to the brain.

> Writing in Addiction, he added: " Even when all factors were taken

> into account, there was a clear increase in rates of psychotic

> symptoms after the start of regular use.

> " These findings add to the growing body of evidence from different

> sources, all of which suggest that heavy use of cannabis may lead to

> increased risk of psychotic symptoms and disease in susceptible

> individuals. "

> Paul Corry, of the mental health charity Rethink, said: " This is the

> latest in long line of international research over the last 12 months

> that shows we are facing a drug-induced mental health crisis.

> " Rethink is renewing its call to the Health Select Committee to

> investigate the latest research into the link between cannabis use

> and severe mental illness.

> " We need action from the Department of Health and we need it now if

> we are to avoid the risk of tens of thousands of young people

> developing a severe mental illness in the future. "

> The Department of Health has said it will review all academic and

> clinical studies linking cannabis use to mental health problems.

>

To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Not exactly news is it?, also carcinogenic with or without tobaco in your spliff.

Might go someway to explain my goldfish memory also, as I confess to many years ago enjoying the odd weed mania.........

P.S. Are there any Vegan papers out there? ( i.e. the glue used?), is smoking vegan?.........it certainly isnt enviromentally friendly, nor is it sociable.......................JUST A PERSONAL OPINION FOLKS..........................Must go cartons to shake.

The Valley Vegan.........heartwerk <heartwork wrote:

Smoking cannabis virtually doubles the risk of developing mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, researchers say. The New Zealand scientists said their study suggested this was probably due to chemical changes in the brain which resulted from smoking the drug. The study, published in the journal Addiction, followed over 1,000 people born in 1977 for 25 years. UK mental health campaigners said it was more evidence of a "drug-induced mental health crisis". The researchers, from the University of Otago, interviewed people taking part in the Christchurch Health and Development Study about their cannabis use at the ages of 18, 21 and 25. They were also interviewed about various aspects of their mental health. The scientists found psychotic symptoms were more common among cannabis users. They analysed their findings to

take into account the possibility illness encouraged people to use more cannabis, rather than the drug contributing to their condition. But the researchers said the link was not likely to be due to people with mental illness having a greater wish to smoke cannabis. Instead, they said cannabis may increase the chances of a person suffering psychosis by causing chemical changes to the brain. The researchers also took into account factors such as family history, current mental disorders, and illicit substance abuse. 'Growing evidence' The scientists, led by Professor David Fergusson, said it was likely cannabis use increased the chances of a person suffering psychosis by causing chemical changes to the brain. Writing in Addiction, he added: "Even when all factors were taken into account, there was a clear increase in rates of psychotic symptoms after the start of regular use. "These findings add to the growing body of

evidence from different sources, all of which suggest that heavy use of cannabis may lead to increased risk of psychotic symptoms and disease in susceptible individuals." Paul Corry, of the mental health charity Rethink, said: "This is the latest in long line of international research over the last 12 months that shows we are facing a drug-induced mental health crisis. "Rethink is renewing its call to the Health Select Committee to investigate the latest research into the link between cannabis use and severe mental illness. "We need action from the Department of Health and we need it now if we are to avoid the risk of tens of thousands of young people developing a severe mental illness in the future." The Department of Health has said it will review all academic and clinical studies linking cannabis use to mental health problems.

Guest guest

Hi zachary,

I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm 32.

I went to college ten years ago.

I might come off as preachy or motherly for what I'm about to say, but,

my group of friends, would do all sorts of "hippie" drugs. pot, lsd, 'shrooms..

mostly on the weekends,

among us, where a few of us, which I still keep in touch with today.

These two specific individuals, don't keep in touch with each other but they do with me.

They started smoking pot since day one, freshman year,

Every Single Day.

I used to think it was a joke, but they now both suffer from short term memory loss.

One of them specifically was my piano teacher last year, and he could never remember when I needed to show up.

I would tell him funny stories about my (male) baby, he would ask me how was my little girl.

He never remember which lesson we had done. I would easily fool him, when I hadnt' studied and tell him we hadn't done an old one.

I finally had to quit, because it was very frustrating. It is like he's got Alzheimer's.

He goes from one gilfriend to the other, and he hasn't a clue how frustrating it is to be around him. He still smokes every single day.

The sad thing about it is, these two separate individuals, used to be very bright, gifted musicians, when I first met them at 19.

althought, you didn't ask for advice, my point would be, Moderation :) I hope I didn't offend you, just my experience!

-

Zachary Johnson

3/1/2005 10:57:32 AM

Re: BBC website - Cannabis

I'd go crazy without it.- "heartwerk" <heartworkTuesday, March 01, 2005 6:29 AM BBC website - Cannabis>>> Smoking cannabis virtually doubles the risk of developing mental> illnesses such as schizophrenia, researchers say.> The New Zealand scientists said their study suggested this was> probably due to chemical changes in the brain which resulted from> smoking the drug.> The study, published in the journal Addiction, followed over 1,000> people born in 1977 for 25 years.> UK mental health campaigners said it was more evidence of a "drug-> induced mental health crisis".> The researchers, from the University of Otago, interviewed people> taking part in the Christchurch Health and Development Study about> their cannabis use at the ages of 18, 21 and 25.> They were also interviewed about various aspects of their mental> health.> The scientists found psychotic symptoms were more common among> cannabis users.> They analysed their findings to take into account the possibility> illness encouraged people to use more cannabis, rather than the drug> contributing to their condition.> But the researchers said the link was not likely to be due to people> with mental illness having a greater wish to smoke cannabis.> Instead, they said cannabis may increase the chances of a person> suffering psychosis by causing chemical changes to the brain.> The researchers also took into account factors such as family> history, current mental disorders, and illicit substance abuse.> 'Growing evidence'> The scientists, led by Professor David Fergusson, said it was likely> cannabis use increased the chances of a person suffering psychosis by> causing chemical changes to the brain.> Writing in Addiction, he added: "Even when all factors were taken> into account, there was a clear increase in rates of psychotic> symptoms after the start of regular use.> "These findings add to the growing body of evidence from different> sources, all of which suggest that heavy use of cannabis may lead to> increased risk of psychotic symptoms and disease in susceptible> individuals."> Paul Corry, of the mental health charity Rethink, said: "This is the> latest in long line of international research over the last 12 months> that shows we are facing a drug-induced mental health crisis.> "Rethink is renewing its call to the Health Select Committee to> investigate the latest research into the link between cannabis use> and severe mental illness.> "We need action from the Department of Health and we need it now if> we are to avoid the risk of tens of thousands of young people> developing a severe mental illness in the future."> The Department of Health has said it will review all academic and> clinical studies linking cannabis use to mental health problems.>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Not really. I don't know if the papers are vegan or not.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:23 PM

Not exactly news is it?, also carcinogenic with or without tobaco in your spliff.

Might go someway to explain my goldfish memory also, as I confess to many years ago enjoying the odd weed mania.........

P.S. Are there any Vegan papers out there? ( i.e. the glue used?), is smoking vegan?.........it certainly isnt enviromentally friendly, nor is it sociable.......................JUST A PERSONAL OPINION FOLKS..........................Must go cartons to shake.

Smoking cannabis virtually doubles the risk of developing mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, researchers say. The New Zealand scientists said their study suggested this was probably due to chemical changes in the brain which resulted from smoking the drug. The study, published in the journal Addiction, followed over 1,000 people born in 1977 for 25 years. UK mental health campaigners said it was more evidence of a "drug-induced mental health crisis". The researchers, from the University of Otago, interviewed people taking part in the Christchurch Health and Development Study about their cannabis use at the ages of 18, 21 and 25. They were also interviewed about various aspects of their mental health. The scientists found psychotic symptoms were more common among cannabis users. They analysed their fin dings to take into account the possibility illness encouraged people to use more cannabis, rather than the drug contributing to their condition. But the researchers said the link was not likely to be due to people with mental illness having a greater wish to smoke cannabis. Instead, they said cannabis may increase the chances of a person suffering psychosis by causing chemical changes to the brain. The researchers also took into account factors such as family history, current mental disorders, and illicit substance abuse. 'Growing evidence' The scientists, led by Professor David Fergusson, said it was likely cannabis use increased the chances of a person suffering psychosis by causing chemical changes to the brain. Writing in Addiction, he added: "Even when all factors were taken into account, there was a clear increase in rates of psychotic symptoms after the start of regular use. "These findings add to the growing body of evidence from different sources, all of which suggest that heavy use of cannabis may lead to increased risk of psychotic symptoms and disease in susceptible individuals." Paul Corry, of the mental health charity Rethink, said: "This is the latest in long line of international research over the last 12 months that shows we are facing a drug-induced mental health crisis. "Rethink is renewing its call to the Health Select Committee to investigate the latest research into the link between cannabis use and severe mental illness. "We need action from the Department of Health and we need it now if we are to avoid the risk of tens of thousands of young people developing a severe mental illness in the future." The Department of Health has said it will review all academic and clinical studies linking cannabis use to mental health problems.

Guest guest

I was thinking about that the other day, wondering if the glue in the papers

was vegan or not. It's funny what you think about when you're a vegan.

Smoking cannabis virtually doubles the risk of developing mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, researchers say. The New Zealand scientists said their study suggested this was probably due to chemical changes in the brain which resulted from smoking the drug. The study, published in the journal Addiction, followed over 1,000 people born in 1977 for 25 years. UK mental health campaigners said it was more evidence of a "drug-induced mental health crisis". The researchers, from the University of Otago, interviewed people taking part in the Christchurch Health and Development Study about their cannabis use at the ages of 18, 21 and 25. They were also interviewed about various aspects of their mental health. The scientists found psychotic symptoms were more common among cannabis users. They analysed their findings to

take into account the possibility illness encouraged people to use more cannabis, rather than the drug contributing to their condition. But the researchers said the link was not likely to be due to people with mental illness having a greater wish to smoke cannabis. Instead, they said cannabis may increase the chances of a person suffering psychosis by causing chemical changes to the brain. The researchers also took into account factors such as family history, current mental disorders, and illicit substance abuse. 'Growing evidence' The scientists, led by Professor David Fergusson, said it was likely cannabis use increased the chances of a person suffering psychosis by causing chemical changes to the brain. Writing in Addiction, he added: "Even when all factors were taken into account, there was a clear increase in rates of psychotic symptoms after the start of regular use. "These findings add to the growing body of

evidence from different sources, all of which suggest that heavy use of cannabis may lead to increased risk of psychotic symptoms and disease in susceptible individuals." Paul Corry, of the mental health charity Rethink, said: "This is the latest in long line of international research over the last 12 months that shows we are facing a drug-induced mental health crisis. "Rethink is renewing its call to the Health Select Committee to investigate the latest research into the link between cannabis use and severe mental illness. "We need action from the Department of Health and we need it now if we are to avoid the risk of tens of thousands of young people developing a severe mental illness in the future." The Department of Health has said it will review all academic and clinical studies linking cannabis use to mental health problems.

Guest guest

No offense here... I'm 27 and a History major.. I've got a pretty good

memory! But seriously, it does relieve my stress and relaxes me after a long

day at the library. I'm not a big drinker, which, in my opinion, makes you

worse off than if you smoke a little pot. You are indeed right when you say

moderation is the key. I used to be a big pothead, but I never got anything

accomplished in my life, but I still think it does me good when I use it here

and there.

~z

Hi zachary,

mostly on the weekends,

These two specific individuals, don't keep in touch with each other but they do with me.

Every Single Day.

I used to think it was a joke, but they now both suffer from short term memory loss.

One of them specifically was my piano teacher last year, and he could never remember when I needed to show up.

I would tell him funny stories about my (male) baby, he would ask me how was my little girl.

He never remember which lesson we had done. I would easily fool him, when I hadnt' studied and tell him we hadn't done an old one.

I finally had to quit, because it was very frustrating. It is like he's got Alzheimer's.

He goes from one gilfriend to the other, and he hasn't a clue how frustrating it is to be around him. He still smokes every single day.

The sad thing about it is, these two separate individuals, used to be very bright, gifted musicians, when I first met them at 19.

althought, you didn't ask for advice, my point would be, Moderation :) I hope I didn't offend you, just my experience!

-

Zachary Johnson

I'd go crazy without it.- "heartwerk" <heartworkTuesday, March 01, 2005 6:29 AM BBC website - Cannabis>>> Smoking cannabis virtually doubles the risk of developing mental> illnesses such as schizophrenia, researchers say.> The New Zealand scientists said their study suggested this was> probably due to chemical changes in the brain which resulted from> smoking the drug.> The study, published in the journal Addiction, followed over 1,000> people born in 1977 for 25 years.> UK mental health campaigners said it was more evidence of a "drug-> induced mental health crisis".> The researchers, from the University of Otago, interviewed people> taking part in the Christchurch Health and Development Study about> their cannabis use at the ages of 18, 21 and 25.> They were also interviewed about various aspects of their mental> health.> The scientists found psychotic symptoms were more common among> cannabis users.> They analysed their findings to take into account the possibility> illness encouraged people to use more cannabis, rather than the drug> contributing to their condition.> But the researchers said the link was not likely to be due to people> with mental illness having a greater wish to smoke cannabis.> Instead, they said cannabis may increase the chances of a person> suffering psychosis by causing chemical changes to the brain.> The researchers also took into account factors such as family> history, current mental disorders, and illicit substance abuse.> 'Growing evidence'> The scientists, led by Professor David Fergusson, said it was likely> cannabis use increased the chances of a person suffering psychosis by> causing chemical changes to the brain.> Writing in Addiction, he added: "Even when all factors were taken> into account, there was a clear increase in rates of psychotic> symptoms after the start of regular use.> "These findings add to the growing body of evidence from different> sources, all of which suggest that heavy use of cannabis may lead to> increased risk of psychotic symptoms and disease in susceptible> individuals."> Paul Corry, of the mental health charity Rethink, said: "This is the> latest in long line of international research over the last 12 months> that shows we are facing a drug-induced mental health crisis.> "Rethink is renewing its call to the Health Select Committee to> investigate the latest research into the link between cannabis use> and severe mental illness.> "We need action from the Department of Health and we need it now if> we are to avoid the risk of tens of thousands of young people> developing a severe mental illness in the future."> The Department of Health has said it will review all academic and> clinical studies linking cannabis use to mental health problems.>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

oh sure..everyone pick on the drinkers now....

:) z.johnson Mar 1, 2005 10:37 AM Re: BBC website - Cannabis No offense here... I'm 27 and a History major.. I've got a pretty good memory! But seriously, it does relieve my stress and relaxes me after a long day at the library. I'm not a big drinker, which, in my opinion, makes you worse off than if you smoke a little pot. You are indeed right when you say moderation is the key. I used to be a big pothead, but I never got anything accomplished in my life, but I still think it does me good when I use it here and there.~zTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Nah, I'm not picking on the drinkers... We each have our vices: to each their

own!

Plus, I'm never against a good beer or bottle of wine here and there. I think

I'll have a beer tonight as I wonder more about the glue on my rolling papers.

~z

:) z.johnson Mar 1, 2005 10:37 AM Re: BBC website - Cannabis No offense here... I'm 27 and a History major.. I've got a pretty good memory! But seriously, it does relieve my stress and relaxes me after a long day at the library. I'm not a big drinker, which, in my opinion, makes you worse off than if you smoke a little pot. You are indeed right when you say moderation is the key. I used to be a big pothead, but I never got anything accomplished in my life, but I still think it does me good when I use it here and there.~zTo send an email to -

Guest guest

I think Rizlas are vegan.

Jo

-

<z.johnson

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:25 PM

> Nah, I'm not picking on the drinkers... We each have our vices: to each

their

> own!

> Plus, I'm never against a good beer or bottle of wine here and there. I

think

> I'll have a beer tonight as I wonder more about the glue on my rolling

papers.

> ~z

>

To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Zachary, smoking through a glass bowl is vegan, unless somehow a beetle or something got into the weed during cultivation! Valz.johnson wrote:

Nah, I'm not picking on the drinkers... We each have our vices: to each their own! Plus, I'm never against a good beer or bottle of wine here and there. I think I'll have a beer tonight as I wonder more about the glue on my rolling papers.~zTo send an email to - fraggle <EBbrewpunx Subject: Re: BBC website - CannabisTue, 1 Mar 2005 21:06:35 +0000

Guest guest

Its all good

i'm just messin with ya

heck..i kept quiet thru the last lil conversation on drinkin..thought it was time i said something

teehee

i need pizza..wot a strange craving

fraggle z.johnson Mar 1, 2005 2:25 PM Re: BBC website - Cannabis Nah, I'm not picking on the drinkers... We each have our vices: to each their own! Plus, I'm never against a good beer or bottle of wine here and there. I think I'll have a beer tonight as I wonder more about the glue on my rolling papers.~z

I’m gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

The people in this world are getting organized

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to lose

Guest guest

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd be too worried about a beetle. Have you ever seen those neon colored worms in really good bud? You can supposedly get a good effect by toking on those little guys...

Besides, I eat mostly organic veggies, which generally have little bugs in it anyway because of the lack of pesticides. Still, I'm not going to give up joints because the glue may not be vegan... although, there's an idea for a product, vegan rolling papers. Feel free to use my idea, anybody.

~z

-

Valerie Fjallstrom

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:20 PM

Zachary, smoking through a glass bowl is vegan, unless somehow a beetle or something got into the weed during cultivation! Valz.johnson wrote: Nah, I'm not picking on the drinkers... We each have our vices: to each their own! Plus, I'm never against a good beer or bottle of wine here and there. I think I'll have a beer tonight as I wonder more about the glue on my rolling papers.~zTo send an email to - fraggle <EBbrewpunx Subject: Re: BBC website - CannabisTue, 1 Mar 2005 21:06:35 +0000

Guest guest

I'm fairly certain that Rizlas are vegan - I'll have to check the

Animal Free Shopper.

Jo

, " Zachary Johnson " <z.johnson@m...>

wrote:

> Yeah, I'm not sure I'd be too worried about a beetle. Have you

ever seen those neon colored worms in really good bud? You can

supposedly get a good effect by toking on those little guys...

>

> Besides, I eat mostly organic veggies, which generally have little

bugs in it anyway because of the lack of pesticides. Still, I'm not

going to give up joints because the glue may not be vegan...

although, there's an idea for a product, vegan rolling papers. Feel

free to use my idea, anybody.

> ~z

> -

> Valerie Fjallstrom

>

> Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:20 PM

> Re: BBC website - Cannabis

>

>

> Zachary, smoking through a glass bowl is vegan, unless somehow a

beetle or something got into the weed during cultivation! Val

>

> z.johnson@m... wrote:

> Nah, I'm not picking on the drinkers... We each have our vices:

to each their

> own!

> Plus, I'm never against a good beer or bottle of wine here and

there. I think

> I'll have a beer tonight as I wonder more about the glue on my

rolling papers.

> ~z

To send an email to -

>

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...>

>

> Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:06:35 +0000

>

>

> oh sure..everyone pick on the drinkers now....

>

> :)

>

>

>

> z.johnson@m...

> Mar 1, 2005 10:37 AM

>

>

> No offense here... I'm 27 and a History major.. I've got a

pretty good

> memory! But seriously, it does relieve my stress and relaxes

me after a long

> day at the library. I'm not a big drinker, which, in my

opinion, makes you

> worse off than if you smoke a little pot. You are indeed right

when you say

> moderation is the key. I used to be a big pothead, but I never

got anything

> accomplished in my life, but I still think it does me good when

I use it here

> and there.

> ~z

To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I'm a daily smoker of good bud, and I have to say I've never seen any worms, but then again I never really looked for them either. I will now! ValZachary Johnson <z.johnson wrote:

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd be too worried about a beetle. Have you ever seen those neon colored worms in really good bud? You can supposedly get a good effect by toking on those little guys...

Besides, I eat mostly organic veggies, which generally have little bugs in it anyway because of the lack of pesticides. Still, I'm not going to give up joints because the glue may not be vegan... although, there's an idea for a product, vegan rolling papers. Feel free to use my idea, anybody.

~z

-

Valerie Fjallstrom

Zachary, smoking through a glass bowl is vegan, unless somehow a beetle or something got into the weed during cultivation! Valz.johnson wrote: Nah, I'm not picking on the drinkers... We each have our vices: to each their own! Plus, I'm never against a good beer or bottle of wine here and there. I think I'll have a beer tonight as I wonder more about the glue on my rolling papers.~zTo send an email to - fraggle <EBbrewpunx Subject: Re: BBC website - CannabisTue, 1 Mar 2005 21:06:35 +0000

Guest guest

I've only seen them a few times in extrememly kind buds. They're only about a centimeter long, but bright coloured. Mmm... Off to search for some!

~z

-

Valerie Fjallstrom

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:45 AM

I'm a daily smoker of good bud, and I have to say I've never seen any worms, but then again I never really looked for them either. I will now! ValZachary Johnson <z.johnson wrote:

~z

-

Valerie Fjallstrom

Guest guest

are you sure this is before you smoke..er after?

:) Zachary Johnson Mar 2, 2005 1:01 PM Re: BBC website - Cannabis

I've only seen them a few times in extrememly kind buds. They're only about a centimeter long, but bright coloured. Mmm... Off to search for some!

~z

-

Valerie Fjallstrom

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:45 AM

~z

-

Valerie Fjallstrom

Guest guest

Bong! said Zebedee!

The Valley Vegan........Valerie Fjallstrom <vfjallstrom wrote:

Guest guest

I too had a close intelligent friend who did tons of weed, and also a lot of speed. Sadly he lost touch with reality big time - started thinking everyone was against him etc, throwing wild accusations around , and in the dissapearing from the neighbourhood.

Very sad, I still think of him.

The Valley Vegan........anouk sickler <zurumato wrote:

Hi zachary,

mostly on the weekends,

Every Single Day.

-

Zachary Johnson

I'd go crazy without it.- "heartwerk" <heartworkTuesday, March 01, 2005 6:29 AM BBC website - Cannabis>>> Smoking cannabis virtually doubles the risk of developing mental> illnesses such as schizophrenia, researchers say.> The New Zealand scientists said their study suggested this was> probably due to chemical changes in the brain which resulted from> smoking the drug.> The study, published in the journal Addiction, followed over 1,000> people born in 1977 for 25 years.> UK mental health campaigners said it was more evidence of a "drug-> induced mental health crisis".> The researchers, from the University of Otago, interviewed people> taking part in the Christchurch Health and Development Study

about> their cannabis use at the ages of 18, 21 and 25.> They were also interviewed about various aspects of their mental> health.> The scientists found psychotic symptoms were more common among> cannabis users.> They analysed their findings to take into account the possibility> illness encouraged people to use more cannabis, rather than the drug> contributing to their condition.> But the researchers said the link was not likely to be due to people> with mental illness having a greater wish to smoke cannabis.> Instead, they said cannabis may increase the chances of a person> suffering psychosis by causing chemical changes to the brain.> The researchers also took into account factors such as family> history, current mental disorders, and illicit substance abuse.> 'Growing evidence'> The scientists, led by Professor David Fergusson, said it was likely> cannabis use

increased the chances of a person suffering psychosis by> causing chemical changes to the brain.> Writing in Addiction, he added: "Even when all factors were taken> into account, there was a clear increase in rates of psychotic> symptoms after the start of regular use.> "These findings add to the growing body of evidence from different> sources, all of which suggest that heavy use of cannabis may lead to> increased risk of psychotic symptoms and disease in susceptible> individuals."> Paul Corry, of the mental health charity Rethink, said: "This is the> latest in long line of international research over the last 12 months> that shows we are facing a drug-induced mental health crisis.> "Rethink is renewing its call to the Health Select Committee to> investigate the latest research into the link between cannabis use> and severe mental illness.> "We need action from the Department of

Health and we need it now if> we are to avoid the risk of tens of thousands of young people> developing a severe mental illness in the future."> The Department of Health has said it will review all academic and> clinical studies linking cannabis use to mental health problems.>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

That was probably more the speed then the weed. Valpeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

I too had a close intelligent friend who did tons of weed, and also a lot of speed. Sadly he lost touch with reality big time - started thinking everyone was against him etc, throwing wild accusations around , and in the dissapearing from the neighbourhood.

Hi zachary,

mostly on the weekends,

Every Single Day.

-

Zachary Johnson

I'd go crazy without it.- "heartwerk" <heartworkTuesday, March 01, 2005 6:29 AM BBC website - Cannabis>>> Smoking cannabis virtually doubles the risk of developing mental> illnesses such as schizophrenia, researchers say.> The New Zealand scientists said their study suggested this was> probably due to chemical changes in the brain which resulted from> smoking the drug.> The study, published in the journal Addiction, followed over 1,000> people born in 1977 for 25 years.> UK mental health campaigners said it was more evidence of a "drug-> induced mental health crisis".> The researchers, from the University of Otago, interviewed people> taking part in the Christchurch Health and Development Study

about> their cannabis use at the ages of 18, 21 and 25.> They were also interviewed about various aspects of their mental> health.> The scientists found psychotic symptoms were more common among> cannabis users.> They analysed their findings to take into account the possibility> illness encouraged people to use more cannabis, rather than the drug> contributing to their condition.> But the researchers said the link was not likely to be due to people> with mental illness having a greater wish to smoke cannabis.> Instead, they said cannabis may increase the chances of a person> suffering psychosis by causing chemical changes to the brain.> The researchers also took into account factors such as family> history, current mental disorders, and illicit substance abuse.> 'Growing evidence'> The scientists, led by Professor David Fergusson, said it was likely> cannabis use

increased the chances of a person suffering psychosis by> causing chemical changes to the brain.> Writing in Addiction, he added: "Even when all factors were taken> into account, there was a clear increase in rates of psychotic> symptoms after the start of regular use.> "These findings add to the growing body of evidence from different> sources, all of which suggest that heavy use of cannabis may lead to> increased risk of psychotic symptoms and disease in susceptible> individuals."> Paul Corry, of the mental health charity Rethink, said: "This is the> latest in long line of international research over the last 12 months> that shows we are facing a drug-induced mental health crisis.> "Rethink is renewing its call to the Health Select Committee to> investigate the latest research into the link between cannabis use> and severe mental illness.> "We need action from the Department of

Health and we need it now if> we are to avoid the risk of tens of thousands of young people> developing a severe mental illness in the future."> The Department of Health has said it will review all academic and> clinical studies linking cannabis use to mental health problems.>>>>>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

For sure. You don't need to be messing around with that speed.

-

Valerie Fjallstrom

Saturday, March 05, 2005 1:01 PM

That was probably more the speed then the weed. Valpeter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Hi zachary,

mostly on the weekends,

Every Single Day.

-

Zachary Johnson