Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

http://www.enn.com/today.html?id=7293

Senate Tries New Strategy to Win Alaska Drilling

March 10, 2005 — By Chris Baltimore, Reuters

WASHINGTON — The Bush administration's aim to open an Alaskan wildlife refuge

to oil drilling was included in a draft Senate budget resolution on Wednesday,

improving its chances of passage after repeated filibusters, a senior Republican

senator said.

I’m gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

The people in this world are getting organized

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to lose

Guest guest

On Thu, March 10, 2005 12:17 pm, fraggle said:

>

> http://www.enn.com/today.html?id=7293

>

> Senate Tries New Strategy to Win Alaska Drilling

>

> March 10, 2005 — By Chris Baltimore, Reuters

> WASHINGTON — The Bush administration's aim to open an Alaskan wildlife

> refuge to oil drilling was included in a draft Senate budget resolution on

> Wednesday, improving its chances of passage after repeated filibusters, a

> senior Republican senator said.

The really crazy part is that the oil companies want nothing to do with

it, because there's no profit in it. Talk about ideology winning out over

reality.

serene

Guest guest

As I understand it, not only does he want to open it, he wants to give all kinds of tax credits to the lucky winner who gets to drill there. Five years without taxes will interest most of the corporate welfare boys! Plus he is going to lift all rules for construction.

I've finally figured out why Tecumseh's curse didn't work. He didn't get elected, he got appointed by the Great White Hunter and his buddies. Too bad he wasn't elected, he wouldn't be around anymore to screw with the world!

Lynda

-

serene (Sandra Vannoy)

Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:21 PM

Re: kiss your ANWR goodbye

On Thu, March 10, 2005 12:17 pm, fraggle said:>> http://www.enn.com/today.html?id=7293>> Senate Tries New Strategy to Win Alaska Drilling>> March 10, 2005 — By Chris Baltimore, Reuters> WASHINGTON — The Bush administration's aim to open an Alaskan wildlife> refuge to oil drilling was included in a draft Senate budget resolution on> Wednesday, improving its chances of passage after repeated filibusters, a> senior Republican senator said.The really crazy part is that the oil companies want nothing to do withit, because there's no profit in it. Talk about ideology winning out overreality.sereneTo send an email to -

Guest guest

maybe he actually did choke on that pretzel way back when, and they built a Bush robot, and stuck Dan Quayle inside....

my fave line from the article is "it has as much oil resources as 41 other states combined"

yeah..beacuse connecticut, rhode island and maine are just chock full of reserves....

did you know the murder rate in oakalnd is lower then 29ther cities..assuming those other cities are Baghdad, falluja, Calcutta ,Port Moresby, Moghedeshu, Bogota' , Karachi, and lagos.. ...

As I understand it, not only does he want to open it, he wants to give all kinds of tax credits to the lucky winner who gets to drill there. Five years without taxes will interest most of the corporate welfare boys! Plus he is going to lift all rules for construction.

I've finally figured out why Tecumseh's curse didn't work. He didn't get elected, he got appointed by the Great White Hunter and his buddies. Too bad he wasn't elected, he wouldn't be around anymore to screw with the world!

Lynda

----- Original

Kick over the wall 'cause government's to fall

How can you refuse it?

Let fury have the hour, anger can be power

D'you know that you can use it?

Guest guest

Nah, even the PotatoE man isn't that dumb <g>

Lynda

-

fraggle

Thursday, March 10, 2005 1:47 PM

Re: kiss your ANWR goodbye

maybe he actually did choke on that pretzel way back when, and they built a Bush robot, and stuck Dan Quayle inside....

my fave line from the article is "it has as much oil resources as 41 other states combined"

yeah..beacuse connecticut, rhode island and maine are just chock full of reserves....

did you know the murder rate in oakalnd is lower then 29ther cities..assuming those other cities are Baghdad, falluja, Calcutta ,Port Moresby, Moghedeshu, Bogota' , Karachi, and lagos.. ...

Lynda

----- Original To send an email to -

Kick over the wall 'cause government's to fall

How can you refuse it?

Let fury have the hour, anger can be power

D'you know that you can use it?

Guest guest

And the latest good news coming out of the DC whorehouse is that Alfred E Newman's evil doppleganger wants to spend $1.5 BILLION to coerce poor folks into getting married. AND, took out money to help abused women leave abusive spouses.

Lynda

-

fraggle

Homstead_Solarium ; lettuceheads ; TFHB ;

Cc: eco_vegans ; HarmNone ; jeninemarie

Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:17 PM

kiss your ANWR goodbye

http://www.enn.com/today.html?id=7293Senate Tries New Strategy to Win Alaska DrillingMarch 10, 2005 — By Chris Baltimore, Reuters WASHINGTON — The Bush administration's aim to open an Alaskan wildlife refuge to oil drilling was included in a draft Senate budget resolution on Wednesday, improving its chances of passage after repeated filibusters, a senior Republican senator said. I’m gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprisedThe people in this world are getting organizedYou’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to loseTo send an email to -

Guest guest

it just gets better and better everyday...

and they just made it next to impossible t ofile for bankruptcy if you just happent o be a private citizen, but not if yer a corporation

and of course made it harder to sue for malpractice or have class action suits

yay!

i hope to have a long career in indentured servitude Lynda Mar 10, 2005 9:20 PM Re: kiss your ANWR goodbye

And the latest good news coming out of the DC whorehouse is that Alfred E Newman's evil doppleganger wants to spend $1.5 BILLION to coerce poor folks into getting married. AND, took out money to help abused women leave abusive spouses.

Lynda

I’m gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

The people in this world are getting organized

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to lose