IndiaDivine.org

kitties and plants

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

are they digging in them or eating them?

both?

try sprinking cayenne pepper around the base of the plants

are they allowed out at all? if not, do they have any grass or plants they can chew on?

if they are digging, try slipping toothpicks upright into the soil, a little over halfway..make it harder fer kittie to get his paws in there..er cover with decorative rocks

try placing a bowl of vinegar in front of the plants

and umm...lets see...

supposedly citrus works as well to deter cats...maybe a slice of some citrus in the pot..just make sure to change it often!!

of course..so cats you just can't deter..was havin a big problem with cats diggin up my seedlings outsides...got an artemesia shrub, cats aren't suppose to like that..it worked! for about a week...

then a cat did his business right on it...

*sigh*

showed me who's boss

now i'm working on a deal with the snails and slugs..they can have as much as they can eat, if they can keep the cats out..we'll see how it goes Valerie Fjallstrom Mar 11, 2005 8:19 AM Re: Re: Intro and Question

I agree with Fraggle. This conversation has taken on a really bitchy tone. How about this one... I can't keep my youngest kitty out of my peace lily plants. I'm in a 2 bedroom townhouse and there's no where to "hide" the plants. Any suggestions for me?

P.S. The sour apple spray hasn't worked for us.

Thanks,

Valfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

happens all the time Jo..happens all the time...

can i ask that we happily skip away from this topic fer a bit?

quick!

ummmm...

damn...can't think of anything

pooburgers.... heartwerk Mar 11, 2005 4:39 AM Re: Intro and Question I don't know anyone who has been forced into having children. I know someone who was mentally forced into having an abortion because her husband didn't want to have the child that he had created. I don't agree that it is forward thinking. I think it is a form of denial.JoTo send an email to - Iâm gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

The people in this world are getting organized

Youâre bound to lose, you fascists are bound to lose

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Thanx Fraggle rock. Those are all good suggestions. I'll start with the cayenne pepper. None of my 5 cats are aloud outdoors, maybe I should buy some of those kitty plants for them to gnaw on. Just the kitten is really making a game out of jumping right in the middle of the plants. I don't think she's chewing on them, just attacking the shit out of them! Thanks again, Valfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

both?

are they allowed out at all? if not, do they have any grass or plants they can chew on?

if they are digging, try slipping toothpicks upright into the soil, a little over halfway..make it harder fer kittie to get his paws in there..er cover with decorative rocks

and umm...lets see...

supposedly citrus works as well to deter cats...maybe a slice of some citrus in the pot..just make sure to change it often!!

of course..so cats you just can't deter..was havin a big problem with cats diggin up my seedlings outsides...got an artemesia shrub, cats aren't suppose to like that..it worked! for about a week...

*sigh*

showed me who's boss

now i'm working on a deal with the snails and slugs..they can have as much as they can eat, if they can keep the cats out..we'll see how it goes Valerie Fjallstrom Mar 11, 2005 8:19 AM Re: Re: Intro and Question

I agree with Fraggle. This conversation has taken on a really bitchy tone. How about this one... I can't keep my youngest kitty out of my peace lily plants. I'm in a 2 bedroom townhouse and there's no where to "hide" the plants. Any suggestions for me?

Thanks,

quick!

ummmm...

pooburgers.... heartwerk Mar 11, 2005 4:39 AM Re: Intro and Question I don't know anyone who has been forced into having children. I know someone who was mentally forced into having an abortion because her husband didn't want to have the child that he had created. I don't agree that it is forward thinking. I think it is a form of denial.JoTo send an email to - I’m gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to lose

To send an email to -

Guest guest

well..i'd definately get em some grass..

and as fer kitten..can you block of the plants, at least temporaily..

i would say play with em as much as you can, to get their aggression out, but..since its a kitten, the *off* button can take awhile to reach

if you could somehow block the plants, that should help

then of course, there's always the spray bottle.. Valerie Fjallstrom Mar 11, 2005 12:04 PM Re: Re: kitties and plants

Thanx Fraggle rock. Those are all good suggestions. I'll start with the cayenne pepper. None of my 5 cats are aloud outdoors, maybe I should buy some of those kitty plants for them to gnaw on. Just the kitten is really making a game out of jumping right in the middle of the plants. I don't think she's chewing on them, just attacking the shit out of them! Thanks again, Valfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

both?

and umm...lets see...

*sigh*

showed me who's boss

Thanks,

quick!

ummmm...

pooburgers.... heartwerk Mar 11, 2005 4:39 AM Re: Intro and Question I don't know anyone who has been forced into having children. I know someone who was mentally forced into having an abortion because her husband didn't want to have the child that he had created. I don't agree that it is forward thinking. I think it is a form of denial.JoTo send an email to - Iâm gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

Youâre bound to lose, you fascists are bound to lose

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Val,

My cats are indoor cats and while one is perfectly happy with the situation, the other has to have regular access to kitty greens. He favors wheat grass.

Love,

Anna

-

Valerie Fjallstrom

3/11/2005 1:04:27 PM

Re: Re: kitties and plants

both?

and umm...lets see...

*sigh*

showed me who's boss

Thanks,

quick!

ummmm...

pooburgers.... heartwerk Mar 11, 2005 4:39 AM Re: Intro and Question I don't know anyone who has been forced into having children. I know someone who was mentally forced into having an abortion because her husband didn't want to have the child that he had created. I don't agree that it is forward thinking. I think it is a form of denial.JoTo send an email to - I’m gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to lose

To send an email to -