IndiaDivine.org

Dum ba de dum, dum ba de dum ............

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Anyone see Dr Who last night? I really enjoyed it.

Jo

New Who impresses ex-Doctor McCoy

By Sylvester McCoy Doctor Who, 1987-1989

Sylvester McCoy played Doctor Who from 1987 until 1989Actor Sylvester McCoy, who played Doctor Who before the show was axed in 1989, gives his verdict on the first episode of the sci-fi show's new series. It was great to sit down and watch the new Doctor Who from the very first moment, knowing I was not in it. When I was the Doctor, I was the one hiding behind the sofa as soon as that exciting 1960s theme tune started. The episode began by zooming into our universe, down to Europe, Britain and London, into the bedroom of Billie Piper's character Rose before she rushed off to her department store job. We were given several glimpses of her day, which wonderfully conveyed a sense that life was passing her by, without a single word being said.

After saving Rose's life the Doctor blew up the department store in spectacular fashion - it was a pretty good beginning

Sylvester McCoy

Have your say on the show

The adventures started when Rose went into the shop basement, wandering along famous dark Doctor Who corridors which I always found myself running up and down. When shop dummies suddenly came to life, it was a fitting homage to old Doctor Who stories (1970s episodes Spearhead from Space and Terror of the Autons) as well as introducing a new and exciting Who. Just as Rose was about to be chopped to death by hard plastic hands, another alien came to pull her away. The Doctor had made his entrance. After saving her life he blew up the department store in spectacular fashion. It was a pretty good beginning.

Christopher Eccleston was quite alien as the Doctor - he looked wonderful

Sylvester McCoyChristopher Eccleston was quite alien as the Doctor. He looked wonderful. He had this manic grin which worried me. We were not sure if he was on the edge of insanity or not, which was rather good. He just ran into danger with such gusto, he galloped at it joyfully. Billie Piper was just quite fantastic, she really was wonderful in the role. The relationship between the two of them was quite extraordinary. In a way this Doctor was not the brightest brain in the universe - he's a bit like an Oxford don in that he's full of brains but with not much nous.

WHO IS DR WHO?

There was a great scene when he was searching for a giant round object and Rose had to point out that he was standing right in front of the London Eye. He seemed to need Rose more than any other Doctor needed his companion, because she could really help him out. I was not so sure about the new Tardis, however. I loved the one they made for the 1996 Doctor Who movie, a fantastic Jules Verne-type of creation. The inside of this one looked more organic, like a skull or a brain held together by a bony structure. I'll have to see whether it grows on me. I was also a bit dismayed that more wasn't made of the show's incidental music, which seemed fairly anonymous in the background.

It had a great pace, it moved really quickly and was witty

Sylvester McCoy

Have your say on the showI previously took part in an internet Doctor Who adventure - 2001's Death Comes to Time - which used classical music brilliantly and showed how closely you could incorporate music into the story. However, I was pleased to hear the Doctor explain about the speed of the earth's turn and the pollutants which made our planet so attractive to the aliens. That educational element would have kept Doctor Who's original BBC commissioners happy in 1963. There was also a great scene in a restaurant, after Rose's boyfriend had been turned into plastic. The Doctor pulled his head off and his hands suddenly changed into hammers, demolishing furniture like some wild cartoon character. It was terrifically done and great fun. Overall I was left feeling very positive about the new series. It had a great pace, it moved really quickly and was witty.

I have been captivated by both the new Doctor and his assistant, Rose

Sylvester McCoyBefore I saw the episode I didn't think I would catch the new series, as I am working in the theatre all the time and watching television can be difficult. But I have been captivated by both the new Doctor and his assistant, Rose. I want to learn more about them as the series progresses. The Doctor also provided us with a marvellous new chat-up line: "It also travels through time." Try that out on a Friday night and, my God, things will happen.

Guest guest

Hello Jo,

Yes, thoroughly enjoyed it - much better than the last series with Sylvester McCoy.

Christopher Eccleston did have an endearing derranged look about him, and Billie Piper was a lot better than I expected. Also it had that touch of Tom Baker style humour about it that it had lost somewhere along the way.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that before I start to sound like a right anorak.

AdrianJo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

Sylvester McCoy played Doctor Who from 1987 until 1989Actor Sylvester McCoy, who played Doctor Who before the show was axed in 1989, gives his verdict on the first episode of the sci-fi show's new series. It was great to sit down and watch the new Doctor Who from the very first moment, knowing I was not in it. When I was the Doctor, I was the one hiding behind the sofa as soon as that exciting 1960s theme tune started. The episode began by zooming into our universe, down to Europe, Britain and London, into the bedroom of Billie Piper's character Rose before she rushed off to her department store job. We were given several glimpses of her day, which wonderfully conveyed a sense that life was passing her by, without a single word being said.

After saving Rose's life the Doctor blew up the department store in spectacular fashion - it was a pretty good beginning

Sylvester McCoy

The adventures started when Rose went into the shop basement, wandering along famous dark Doctor Who corridors which I always found myself running up and down. When shop dummies suddenly came to life, it was a fitting homage to old Doctor Who stories (1970s episodes Spearhead from Space and Terror of the Autons) as well as introducing a new and exciting Who. Just as Rose was about to be chopped to death by hard plastic hands, another alien came to pull her away. The Doctor had made his entrance. After saving her life he blew up the department store in spectacular fashion. It was a pretty good beginning.

Sylvester McCoyChristopher Eccleston was quite alien as the Doctor. He looked wonderful. He had this manic grin which worried me. We were not sure if he was on the edge of insanity or not, which was rather good. He just ran into danger with such gusto, he galloped at it joyfully. Billie Piper was just quite fantastic, she really was wonderful in the role. The relationship between the two of them was quite extraordinary. In a way this Doctor was not the brightest brain in the universe - he's a bit like an Oxford don in that he's full of brains but with not much nous.

WHO IS DR WHO?

There was a great scene when he was searching for a giant round object and Rose had to point out that he was standing right in front of the London Eye. He seemed to need Rose more than any other Doctor needed his companion, because she could really help him out. I was not so sure about the new Tardis, however. I loved the one they made for the 1996 Doctor Who movie, a fantastic Jules Verne-type of creation. The inside of this one looked more organic, like a skull or a brain held together by a bony structure. I'll have to see whether it grows on me. I was also a bit dismayed that more wasn't made of the show's incidental music, which seemed fairly anonymous in the background.

Sylvester McCoy

Have your say on the showI previously took part in an internet Doctor Who adventure - 2001's Death Comes to Time - which used classical music brilliantly and showed how closely you could incorporate music into the story. However, I was pleased to hear the Doctor explain about the speed of the earth's turn and the pollutants which made our planet so attractive to the aliens. That educational element would have kept Doctor Who's original BBC commissioners happy in 1963. There was also a great scene in a restaurant, after Rose's boyfriend had been turned into plastic. The Doctor pulled his head off and his hands suddenly changed into hammers, demolishing furniture like some wild cartoon character. It was terrifically done and great fun. Overall I was left feeling very positive about the new series. It had a great pace, it moved really quickly and was witty.

Sylvester McCoyBefore I saw the episode I didn't think I would catch the new series, as I am working in the theatre all the time and watching television can be difficult. But I have been captivated by both the new Doctor and his assistant, Rose. I want to learn more about them as the series progresses. The Doctor also provided us with a marvellous new chat-up line: "It also travels through time." Try that out on a Friday night and, my God, things will happen. To send an email to - Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Hi Adrian

> Yes, thoroughly enjoyed it - much better than the last series with Sylvester McCoy.

> Christopher Eccleston did have an endearing derranged look about him, and Billie Piper was a lot better than I expected.

> Also it had that touch of Tom Baker style humour about it that it had lost somewhere along the way.

I agree with you... except that I liked Sylvester McCoy's last series... I thought his first series was pretty bad, and there were a few incredibly painful moments in his second (need I say more than The Happiness Patrol?), but I did enjoy Battlefield, Curse of Fenric, Ghostlight, etc.

I thought the humour was very well done - fitted in, without taking over the story (as unfortunately did happen in a couple of Sylvester McCoy stories).

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series - particularly the two parters, which will hopefully give room for a bit more of a build up in the story line.

.... And I challenge you for that annorak! :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Adrian - please do sound like an anorak - I don't want to be the only one! :-)

I thougth Christopher Eccleston was excellent - quite weird. Billie Piper surprised me - she was very good and I think the series will be excellent. I was so excited yesterday before it came on, but also a bit worried that it might be rubbish - I was so relieved when it was good. I've watched it about five times now!

Jo

-

adrian

Sunday, March 27, 2005 3:24 PM

Re: Dum ba de dum, dum ba de dum ............

Hello Jo,

Yes, thoroughly enjoyed it - much better than the last series with Sylvester McCoy.

Christopher Eccleston did have an endearing derranged look about him, and Billie Piper was a lot better than I expected. Also it had that touch of Tom Baker style humour about it that it had lost somewhere along the way.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that before I start to sound like a right anorak.

AdrianJo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

Sylvester McCoy

WHO IS DR WHO?

Sylvester McCoy

Sylvester McCoyBefore I saw the episode I didn't think I would catch the new series, as I am working in the theatre all the time and watching television can be difficult. But I have been captivated by both the new Doctor and his assistant, Rose. I want to learn more about them as the series progresses. The Doctor also provided us with a marvellous new chat-up line: "It also travels through time." Try that out on a Friday night and, my God, things will happen. To send an email to -

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to -

Guest guest

I think you'll have to share the anorak between the two of you :-)

Jo

-

Peter

Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:15 PM

Hi Adrian

> Yes, thoroughly enjoyed it - much better than the last series with Sylvester McCoy.

> Christopher Eccleston did have an endearing derranged look about him, and Billie Piper was a lot better than I expected.

> Also it had that touch of Tom Baker style humour about it that it had lost somewhere along the way.

I agree with you... except that I liked Sylvester McCoy's last series... I thought his first series was pretty bad, and there were a few incredibly painful moments in his second (need I say more than The Happiness Patrol?), but I did enjoy Battlefield, Curse of Fenric, Ghostlight, etc.

I thought the humour was very well done - fitted in, without taking over the story (as unfortunately did happen in a couple of Sylvester McCoy stories).

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series - particularly the two parters, which will hopefully give room for a bit more of a build up in the story line.

.... And I challenge you for that annorak! :-)

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Good news for Dr Who fans :-)

Jo

Doctor Who is Saturday night hit

The new Doctor Who is played by Christopher EcclestonDoctor Who's long-awaited return was a ratings success for the BBC, attracting up to 10.5 million viewers on Saturday. The opening episode of the first full series since 1989 saw the Time Lord - played by Christopher Eccleston - meet his assistant Rose (Billie Piper). Written by Russell T Davies, it is the first of 13 new episodes of the drama, which was first screened in 1963. "We're pleased so many people sat down as a family to watch the return of the Doctor," a BBC spokesperson said. Unofficial overnight figures show the programme got an average of 9.9 million viewers - 43.2% of all viewers - with a peak of 10.5 million viewers, a 44.3% share of the audience. Warm reviews

Sylvester McCoy

Sylvester McCoy's reviewThe series has been warmly reviewed, with past Doctor Who Sylvester McCoy telling the BBC News website he was "captivated" by the partnership between Eccleston and Piper. Doctor Who's comeback helped ramp up the usual Saturday ratings battle between BBC One and ITV1. The Time Lord's comeback was pitted against Ant And Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway on ITV1, featuring England captain David Beckham as a special guest. It attracted 7.2m viewers, peaking at 8.5m. An ITV spokesman said: "The audience for Ant and Dec was up on the show last Easter Saturday, which got 7.1 million viewers, so we have no complaints." Graham Norton's new ballroom dancing show, Strictly Dance Fever, went toe-to-toe with ITV1's Stars In Their Eyes Live Final - both shows appearing twice in the evening. Sound fault

WHO IS DR WHO?

The early edition of Strictly Dance Fever attracted an average of 4.9 million people, peaking at 6.3 million, while Stars In Their Eyes, hosted by Cat Deeley, pulled in 5 million people, peaking at 5.6 million. Later in the evening, Strictly Dance Fever's results show had an average of 4.7 million viewers, peaking at 7.2 million. On ITV1, Stars In Their Eyes had an average of 5.5 million viewers, but peaked at 6.3 million. However, the Time Lord had Graham Norton breathing down his neck too, as a technical problem meant the sound from Strictly Dance Fever was briefly played over the opening scenes of Doctor Who. "There was a technical problem which was resolved as quickly as possible," a BBC spokesperson said. "We apologise if it affected viewers' enjoyment of Doctor Who."

Guest guest

Yep,

I saw it too, and thought it was O.K., a bit rushed though. Looks as though it could be a good series, shame he is quiting the role after 1 series though.

It took BBC WALES to finally make the series , ( thought I would metion it being Welsh!).

The Valley Vegan........Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

Sylvester McCoy

WHO IS DR WHO?

Sylvester McCoy

Sylvester McCoyBefore I saw the episode I didn't think I would catch the new series, as I am working in the theatre all the time and watching television can be difficult. But I have been captivated by both the new Doctor and his assistant, Rose. I want to learn more about them as the series progresses. The Doctor also provided us with a marvellous new chat-up line: "It also travels through time." Try that out on a Friday night and, my God, things will happen. To send an email to - Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

ok my limey pals and Dr Who fans....please explain something to me(damn..Ian would have to get himself tossed out of the group...)

now...i like lotsa British tv..ok..mostly the comedy.....

but...

wot the heck is in yer folks water to make you come up with some of yer Sci-Fi shows??

Is it me, (ok,..it is) er like um...how bloody scarey is it really to be chased by an evil washing machine that rolls around warbling "Exterminate...exterminate..."....

i mean....the first time i saw Dr Who many many moons ago, my immediate thought was "ah..the Daleks arch nemesis....stairs"

and wots with that show on the Island..where you get attacked by the boi in the plastic bubble???..ok..you become the boi in the plastic bubble....and they want "information"(except, you don't pronounce the *R*)

not like good ol USA SciFi..where we bravely journey where no one has gone before....and the captain's main job is to over-act and to apparantly mate with wotever the local multi-colored female sentient species is....

you know its all about the love

cheers

fraggle peter hurd Apr 2, 2005 7:03 AM Re: Dum ba de dum, dum ba de dum ............

Yep,

I saw it too, and thought it was O.K., a bit rushed though. Looks as though it could be a good series, shame he is quiting the role after 1 series though.

It took BBC WALES to finally make the series , ( thought I would metion it being Welsh!).

Jo

Sylvester McCoy

Sylvester McCoyChristopher Eccleston was quite alien as the Doctor. He looked wonderful. He had this manic grin which worried me. We were not sure if he was on the edge of insanity or not, which was rather good. He just ran into danger with such gusto, he galloped at it joyfully. Billie Piper was just quite fantastic, she really was wonderful in the role. The relationship between the two of them was quite extraordinary. In a way this Doctor was not the brightest brain in the universe - he's a bit like an Oxford don in that he's full of brains but with not much nous. on error resume next flash2Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.2"))) flash3Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.3"))) flash4Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.4"))) flash5Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.5"))) flash6Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6")))

WHO IS DR WHO?

Sylvester McCoy

Sylvester McCoyBefore I saw the episode I didn't think I would catch the new series, as I am working in the theatre all the time and watching television can be difficult. But I have been captivated by both the new Doctor and his assistant, Rose. I want to learn more about them as the series progresses. The Doctor also provided us with a marvellous new chat-up line: "It also travels through time." Try that out on a Friday night and, my God, things will happen. To send an email to -

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> ok my limey pals and Dr Who fans....please explain something to me(damn..Ian would have to get himself tossed out of the

> group...)

Yep - I'd have probably been enjoying a chat with Ian about Dr Who right now... but there ya go.

Anyway - will do my best to explain....

> wot the heck is in yer folks water to make you come up with some of yer Sci-Fi shows??

Other than the Prozac?

> Is it me, (ok,..it is) er like um...how bloody scarey is it really to be chased by an evil washing machine that rolls around

> warbling "Exterminate...exterminate..."....

> i mean....the first time i saw Dr Who many many moons ago, my immediate thought was "ah..the Daleks arch

> nemesis....stairs"

Yep - I never really understood why Daleks were meant to be frightening (although they did finally learn to climb stairs in 1988). Personally, I thought Cybermen were much more frightening. But when you consider that there have been 160 Dr Who stories so far broadcast, and only about 15 of those have had Daleks in them, there's plenty of other *better* frightening things to keep you going.

Apparently Terry Nation was "inspired" to create the Daleks after watching the Bolshoi Ballet... I admit I'm not a huge fan of ballet, but I've never really found it scary!

> and wots with that show on the Island..where you get attacked by the boi in the plastic bubble???..ok..you become the boi

> in the plastic bubble....and they want "information"(except, you don't pronounce the *R*)

Don't remember there being anyone *in* the plastic bubble - I think it was just a big white bubble that chased people who were trying to escape from Portmeirion. Not sure that you could really call the Prisoner Sci-Fi, though... more some sort of drug induced trance!

> not like good ol USA SciFi..where we bravely journey where no one has gone before....and the captain's main job is to

> over-act and to apparantly mate with wotever the local multi-colored female sentient species is....

Good old US Sci-Fi - where you boldly split infinitives that have never been split before :-)

Hmmmm - I take it you've not seen any of the more recent Star Treks... that's now the job of the First Officer, or possibly some minor Lieutenant (depending on the series)!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Peter (VV)

Did you see tonight's episode? I enjoyed it very much and am looking forward to the rest of the series. I'm most impressed by Rose, and she is doing another series. Most people seem to reckon David Tennant will be the next Doctor - I don't know him, but will be watching the Quatermass Experiment later and apparently he was in that.

I believe next week's episode, which looks really good, was filmed in Cardiff.

Jo

The Valley Vegan........

Guest guest

You're just jealous cos you're not getting the programme over there :-P On the Dr Who list there are Americans pulling their hair out because they cannot see the new Doctor.

You must remember that the BBC used to spend a very small amount on the making of Dr Who which is why the 'monsters' etc were pretty c**p. You had to use your imagination.

Jo

ps - the Daleks can negotiate the stairs.

-

fraggle

Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:52 PM

ok my limey pals and Dr Who fans....please explain something to me(damn..Ian would have to get himself tossed out of the group...)

but...

wot the heck is in yer folks water to make you come up with some of yer Sci-Fi shows??

Is it me, (ok,..it is) er like um...how bloody scarey is it really to be chased by an evil washing machine that rolls around warbling "Exterminate...exterminate..."....

i mean....the first time i saw Dr Who many many moons ago, my immediate thought was "ah..the Daleks arch nemesis....stairs"

and wots with that show on the Island..where you get attacked by the boi in the plastic bubble???..ok..you become the boi in the plastic bubble....and they want "information"(except, you don't pronounce the *R*)

not like good ol USA SciFi..where we bravely journey where no one has gone before....and the captain's main job is to over-act and to apparantly mate with wotever the local multi-colored female sentient species is....

cheers

fraggle peter hurd Apr 2, 2005 7:03 AM Re: Dum ba de dum, dum ba de dum ............

Yep,

Jo

Sylvester McCoy

Sylvester McCoyChristopher Eccleston was quite alien as the Doctor. He looked wonderful. He had this manic grin which worried me. We were not sure if he was on the edge of insanity or not, which was rather good. He just ran into danger with such gusto, he galloped at it joyfully. Billie Piper was just quite fantastic, she really was wonderful in the role. The relationship between the two of them was quite extraordinary. In a way this Doctor was not the brightest brain in the universe - he's a bit like an Oxford don in that he's full of brains but with not much nous. on error resume next flash2Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.2"))) flash3Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.3"))) flash4Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.4"))) flash5Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.5"))) flash6Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6")))

WHO IS DR WHO?

Sylvester McCoy

Peter H

Guest guest

ah..the prisoner...thank you

as fer Star Trek..yeah..actually yer right..except in the most recent version, its the engineer who seems to be umm..exploring new frontiers...

hey..if you think about it..star trek a lot of the time was vegan..those little pink cubes in star trek and then later meals in next generation, all they were were molecules re-arranged to taste like this er that..analogs!

Peter Apr 2, 2005 1:09 PM Re: Dum ba de dum, dum ba de dum ............

Hi Fraggle

> ok my limey pals and Dr Who fans....please explain something to me(damn..Ian would have to get himself tossed out of the

> group...)

Yep - I'd have probably been enjoying a chat with Ian about Dr Who right now... but there ya go.

Anyway - will do my best to explain....

> wot the heck is in yer folks water to make you come up with some of yer Sci-Fi shows??

Other than the Prozac?

> Is it me, (ok,..it is) er like um...how bloody scarey is it really to be chased by an evil washing machine that rolls around

> warbling "Exterminate...exterminate..."....

> i mean....the first time i saw Dr Who many many moons ago, my immediate thought was "ah..the Daleks arch

> nemesis....stairs"

Yep - I never really understood why Daleks were meant to be frightening (although they did finally learn to climb stairs in 1988). Personally, I thought Cybermen were much more frightening. But when you consider that there have been 160 Dr Who stories so far broadcast, and only about 15 of those have had Daleks in them, there's plenty of other *better* frightening things to keep you going.

Apparently Terry Nation was "inspired" to create the Daleks after watching the Bolshoi Ballet... I admit I'm not a huge fan of ballet, but I've never really found it scary!

> and wots with that show on the Island..where you get attacked by the boi in the plastic bubble???..ok..you become the boi

> in the plastic bubble....and they want "information"(except, you don't pronounce the *R*)

Don't remember there being anyone *in* the plastic bubble - I think it was just a big white bubble that chased people who were trying to escape from Portmeirion. Not sure that you could really call the Prisoner Sci-Fi, though... more some sort of drug induced trance!

> not like good ol USA SciFi..where we bravely journey where no one has gone before....and the captain's main job is to

> over-act and to apparantly mate with wotever the local multi-colored female sentient species is....

Good old US Sci-Fi - where you boldly split infinitives that have never been split before :-)

Hmmmm - I take it you've not seen any of the more recent Star Treks... that's now the job of the First Officer, or possibly some minor Lieutenant (depending on the series)!

BB

Peter

To send an email to -

Guest guest

i shave my head except fer my tail, so..sorry..no hair to pull out...

so..i noticed peter said the same thing..wot, they made lifts fer the daleks er something???

:) Jo Cwazy Apr 2, 2005 3:08 PM Re: Dum ba de dum, dum ba de dum ............

You're just jealous cos you're not getting the programme over there :-P On the Dr Who list there are Americans pulling their hair out because they cannot see the new Doctor.

You must remember that the BBC used to spend a very small amount on the making of Dr Who which is why the 'monsters' etc were pretty c**p. You had to use your imagination.

Jo

-

fraggle

but...

cheers

Yep,

Jo

Sylvester McCoy

WHO IS DR WHO?

Sylvester McCoy

Peter H

Guest guest

The Daleks use some sort of force-field/jet type thing - shown as a glow on the telly ! I think they are still much too slow to be scarey though, and easy to make blind too. I must admit that I didn't find much scarey in Dr Who apart from maybe the Cybermen, and the Robots in Seeds of Death(?).

Jo

-

fraggle

Sunday, April 03, 2005 6:15 AM

i shave my head except fer my tail, so..sorry..no hair to pull out...

so..i noticed peter said the same thing..wot, they made lifts fer the daleks er something???

:) Jo Cwazy Apr 2, 2005 3:08 PM Re: Dum ba de dum, dum ba de dum ............

Jo

-

fraggle

but...

cheers

Yep,

Jo

Sylvester McCoy

WHO IS DR WHO?

Sylvester McCoy

Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> hey..if you think about it..star trek a lot of the time was vegan..those little pink cubes in star trek and then later meals in next

> generation, all they were were molecules re-arranged to taste like this er that..analogs!

Yeah - but there was that daft comment in one of the films that they had to remove the fish course because one of the guests was vegetarian.... if it's come from a bunch of rearranged molecules of energy, then surely it doesn't matter if it looks like a fish!!!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> so..i noticed peter said the same thing..wot, they made lifts fer the daleks er something???

They just seemed to "float" upstairs - don't know what the mechanism was supposed to be, but it is Sci Fi. Actually, there has always been an implication - way back in 1965 they landed on a ship, and within seconds were on all the decks....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

> I must admit that I didn't find much scarey in Dr Who apart from maybe the Cybermen, and the Robots in Seeds of Death(?).

I think you mean the Robots of Death.... Seeds of Death was the Ice Warriors.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Very true! While we are at it (and you know I am a Star Trek fan, particularly Next Generation and the one with Janeway in it) although it is a Sci Fi programme I always feel it is more a forum for ethical discussion.

Jo

-

Peter

Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:52 AM

Hi Fraggle

> hey..if you think about it..star trek a lot of the time was vegan..those little pink cubes in star trek and then later meals in next

> generation, all they were were molecules re-arranged to taste like this er that..analogs!

Yeah - but there was that daft comment in one of the films that they had to remove the fish course because one of the guests was vegetarian.... if it's come from a bunch of rearranged molecules of energy, then surely it doesn't matter if it looks like a fish!!!

BB

Guest guest

That's the one - one of my favourites. Also Pyramids of Mars was a little scarey too! I think the books (ideas) are more scarey than the television productions, but only because of the budget allocated to the making of them.

Jo

-

Peter

Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:03 PM

> I must admit that I didn't find much scarey in Dr Who apart from maybe the Cybermen, and the Robots in Seeds of Death(?).

I think you mean the Robots of Death.... Seeds of Death was the Ice Warriors.

BB

Guest guest

maybe at that point even the thought of having a fish analog was repulsive

:) Peter Apr 3, 2005 3:52 AM Re: Dum ba de dum, dum ba de dum ............

Hi Fraggle

BB

Peter

To send an email to -

Guest guest

ewww...i never liked Voyager....and..alas..as Star Trek Enterprise has been on friday nites, i never get to see it(and now its cancelled apparantly anyways)

ah..remember the good ol days of Sci Fi..when charleton heston would rail against the stoopidity of all this...

soylent green is people..ITS PEOPLE!!!

personally..i always liked the taste of soylent brown better.... Jo Cwazy Apr 3, 2005 4:28 AM Re: Dum ba de dum, dum ba de dum ............

Very true! While we are at it (and you know I am a Star Trek fan, particularly Next Generation and the one with Janeway in it) although it is a Sci Fi programme I always feel it is more a forum for ethical discussion.

Jo

-

Peter

Hi Fraggle

BB

PeterTo send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

Enterprise is okay but I don't mind too much if I miss it.

Jo

-

fraggle

Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:55 PM

ewww...i never liked Voyager....and..alas..as Star Trek Enterprise has been on friday nites, i never get to see it(and now its cancelled apparantly anyways)

ah..remember the good ol days of Sci Fi..when charleton heston would rail against the stoopidity of all this...

soylent green is people..ITS PEOPLE!!!

personally..i always liked the taste of soylent brown better.... Jo Cwazy Apr 3, 2005 4:28 AM Re: Dum ba de dum, dum ba de dum ............

Jo

-

Peter

Hi Fraggle

BB

PeterTo send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

fraggle wrote:

>personally..i always liked the taste of soylent brown better....

Soylent clear is Scientologists!

serene

--

" A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead liberals. "

-- The Holy Church of Happy Good Times

Guest guest

Hi Jo,

The funny thing about episode 1 was that one minute they were standing on the banks of the Taff river in Cardiff, the next they had the London eye behind them.......made me and everyone in work laugh anyway. Most of the external shoots for the whole episode and the series are in one part of Cardiff or another. Episode 2 was a lot better, although did seem a bit thin? The Effects budget seems to actually exist in this series!

Hi Peter (VV)

Did you see tonight's episode? I enjoyed it very much and am looking forward to the rest of the series. I'm most impressed by Rose, and she is doing another series. Most people seem to reckon David Tennant will be the next Doctor - I don't know him, but will be watching the Quatermass Experiment later and apparently he was in that.

I believe next week's episode, which looks really good, was filmed in Cardiff.

Jo

The Valley Vegan........To send an email to - Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Hey Fraggle me boy,

Nowt wrong with the Doctor, I guess originality is in the water, not all the heros wear white and the badies wear black. Sometimes they wear whatever was left over from the last series! Not all the TV over hear gets big budgets from independant financial backing.

I gues what your realy asking is why cant we make things obvious as they do across the pond eh?

And the Daleks, well apparently theres moves afoot to make them fly.......

And as for The Prisoner, well I kind of liked it, although there seems to be no reason for anything that happens in it! Portmeirion is nice though, and I thought they had a sense of humour calling the bubble Rover ( as it was meant to retieve escapees).Good catch phrase too,

I am not a number, I`m a free man!

The Valley Vegan.......

raggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

but...

cheers

Yep,

Jo

Sylvester McCoy

WHO IS DR WHO?

Sylvester McCoy

Peter H