IndiaDivine.org

New to Group..recipe help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

here's a thread then..help me spice up this recipe..

yesterday as i was getting ready to go to work..i decided t o cook up some cannelini beans to take to work

which turned into me sauteeing up some garlic in olive oil..adding tomatoes left over from the camping trip..wine...spinach from the garden..vietnamese coriander, parsley, and some other herbs from the garden(man do i ever need t o weed back there...), and then added it all to a big bowl of farafelle(bowtie pasta to you heathens)(hee hee)

it was..ok...

but..it needed something

ideas??

oh..and i was an hour late fer work as well

*rofl*

fraggle Jo Cwazy Apr 1, 2005 2:37 PM Re: New to Group Hi KittinoseWelcome to the group. Join in with any discussion, or start a new thread.It's a little quieter on here at present than normal, but I am sure we willbe back to normal soon.JoTo send an email to -

Guest guest

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

>

Well, it sounds like it could be interpreted as a sort of mediteranean-

style pasta salad. If that were the case, I might add a little olive

oil, a dash of balsamic, salt and pepper, that's if I've interpreted it

right! Maybe even a few sliced greek olives, a little basil.

Just my humble opinion!

Guest guest

thanx

but..it did have basil in it...

and salt and pepper(and garlic salt, and a touch of tumeric, and a tiny bit ouf poultry seasoning(nooo..there's no poultry in it...)

it just seemed a tad..bland

thanx tho!

cheers

fraggleWell, it sounds like it could be interpreted as a sort of mediteranean-style pasta salad. If that were the case, I might add a little olive oil, a dash of balsamic, salt and pepper, that's if I've interpreted it right! Maybe even a few sliced greek olives, a little basil. Just my humble opinion!

Kick over the wall 'cause government's to fall

How can you refuse it?

Let fury have the hour, anger can be power

D'you know that you can use it?

Guest guest

Roast your garlic in the oven. Make a paste of them with a little sea salt.

Carmelize some onions and add some tomato paste and cook until it is slightly browned. Add your garlic paste and tomatoes. Toss in your spices/herbs, spinach and beans.

Or roast a bell pepper, julliene and toss in when you add tomatoes.

Or switch nationalities and head to Mexico. Make a mole and add to tomatoes and then toss in the beans.

Lynda

-

fraggle

Friday, April 01, 2005 3:11 PM

Re: New to Group..recipe help

here's a thread then..help me spice up this recipe..

yesterday as i was getting ready to go to work..i decided t o cook up some cannelini beans to take to work

which turned into me sauteeing up some garlic in olive oil..adding tomatoes left over from the camping trip..wine...spinach from the garden..vietnamese coriander, parsley, and some other herbs from the garden(man do i ever need t o weed back there...), and then added it all to a big bowl of farafelle(bowtie pasta to you heathens)(hee hee)

it was..ok...

but..it needed something

ideas??

oh..and i was an hour late fer work as well

*rofl*

fraggle Jo Cwazy Apr 1, 2005 2:37 PM Re: New to Group Hi KittinoseWelcome to the group. Join in with any discussion, or start a new thread.It's a little quieter on here at present than normal, but I am sure we willbe back to normal soon.JoTo send an email to -

Guest guest

fraggle - did it have red pepper flakes in it? It's my cure all ;-)

A friend of mine made a lovely pasta primavera for us - tomato based,

not cream based - and it was definitely lacking until we busted out

the crushed red pepper. Instant makeover.

nancy

Guest guest

yup..a little bit

sorry..i guess i'm leaving things out ..i was just sorta cooking with wot hit my fancy at the moment....

aren't i being helpful!!!

heh njdoane Apr 1, 2005 3:48 PM Re: New to Group..recipe help fraggle - did it have red pepper flakes in it? It's my cure all ;-)A friend of mine made a lovely pasta primavera for us - tomato based, not cream based - and it was definitely lacking until we busted out the crushed red pepper. Instant makeover.nancy To send an email to -