IndiaDivine.org

Land

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I missed the converstaion about land, but I wish to say this.

I have a small backyard (less than 1/2 an acre) but I am doing a lot with it. I am doing all I can with this small piece of earth.

I have (all crowded) two grapefruit trees, one orange. one guava tree, papaya tree, two banana trees, three strawberry bushes, peppers, tons of tomatoes, beans etc)

I also have three bird feeders, and a butterly flower garden as well as a frog/tadpole pond.

It is very crowded!

my husband thinks that I have gone crwazy. I am a nature freek.

I don't use pesticide and the animales love my backyard. (I have snakes, giant colorful spiders, birds make nests, drangonflies, a million exotic insects etc.)

It helps that it is very sunny and fertile here, the other day my husband was eating watermelon, spitting out the seeds, two days later, little seeds are sprouting.

I am rare in my neighborhood. People just love to use Monsanto (roundup pesticide). This basically kills every living thing. all for the sake of having a "perfect" lawn. VANITY

I used to live in new york city (manhattan) in a ghetto. When I was a little girl, in the 70's and 80's there was a lot of crime.

I wasn't allowed to play in the streets, stuck in an apartment.

Things were so bad, that some buildings (crack, heroin houses) were condemed and torn down.

Well, guess what the good people in the community did. Out of these small lots, the size of a small five story building, People made Gardens!

at first green grass would just grow, then the old folks hispanic and black folks just came and started planting seeds.

Seeing these gardens, something good out of something bad, gave me a lot of inspiration.

These gardens where a place where children where safe, as there was always someone gardening in it,

a place where children learn about nature, science, things that they are not expose to, or have to read only in a book.

Do things with their hands, watch a seed that they planted grow,

Do work, feel important, and not be bored indoors or hanging out in the street corner.

anyway, my point is a lot can be done with a little. (when the spirit is there, nature just wants to live)

I used to have tomato plants, and an avocado plant in my dark, small apartment apartment in nyc.

Guest guest

i have the smallest yard i've ever had(well..except fer the apartment i lived in back in the mid 80's)

but..i make do

tho...kitties pooping on my garden has become a major issue as of late...

i even planted an artemisia shrub...which is suppose to repel cats

ummm

one of em took a dump right on top of it

ah well

but..i'm all organic...no pesticides...and come summer, my lil garden produces more tomatoes then i can throw at folks

I’m gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

The people in this world are getting organized

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to lose

Guest guest

Mouse traps and ping pong balls! Set a bunch of traps and lay a ping pong ball on the thing. Disturbing one, even brushing up against it, will set them all off and scare the beejeebers out of a cat. Only takes once or twice.

Also, you can lay sticky paper around. They HATE walking on sticky paper. Thumb tack contact paper on the top 2 x 4 of your fence or anywhere else they walk when they first come in your yard.

Lynda

-

fraggle

Thursday, April 21, 2005 3:16 PM

Re: Land

i have the smallest yard i've ever had(well..except fer the apartment i lived in back in the mid 80's)

but..i make do

ummm

ah well

but..i'm all organic...no pesticides...and come summer, my lil garden produces more tomatoes then i can throw at folks

To send an email to -

Guest guest

My neighbours cats kept pooping on my parsley - so that was a waste of a good plant.

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, April 21, 2005 11:16 PM

but..i make do

ummm

ah well

To send an email to -

Guest guest

my parsley just went to seed, so its no matter

but..i can't touch my spinach..since its been umm..liberally fertilized

and fer some reason they dug up all my garlic

i'll figure something out...

mayhaps time to sprinkle a whole lot of cayenne pepper around the edges... Jo Cwazy Apr 21, 2005 3:25 PM Re: Land

My neighbours cats kept pooping on my parsley - so that was a waste of a good plant.

Jo

-

fraggle

but..i make do

ummm

ah well

To send an email to - Iâm gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

Youâre bound to lose, you fascists are bound to lose

To send an email to -

Guest guest

i've got 4 billion places cats can come in

and..i'd prolly catch a bird in the mousetrap..er a mouse...soo..nah...

thanx fer the advice tho Lynda Apr 21, 2005 3:23 PM Re: Land

Mouse traps and ping pong balls! Set a bunch of traps and lay a ping pong ball on the thing. Disturbing one, even brushing up against it, will set them all off and scare the beejeebers out of a cat. Only takes once or twice.

Also, you can lay sticky paper around. They HATE walking on sticky paper. Thumb tack contact paper on the top 2 x 4 of your fence or anywhere else they walk when they first come in your yard.

Lynda

-

fraggle

but..i make do

ummm

ah well

To send an email to - I’m gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

To send an email to -

Guest guest

My cat has been rubbing in my Thyme, is it alright to wash and use it?

I thought that artemesia was a rather strong plant for cleansing the system ( if you know what I mean ) so maybe they tried a bit and it had that effect on them?

I would suggest that you find the culprits and try mind melding with them. I know you can do it!

Alternitively, try gardening in another dimension, one where cats do not exist.

Always glad to help,

The Valley Vegan........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

my parsley just went to seed, so its no matter

but..i can't touch my spinach..since its been umm..liberally fertilized

and fer some reason they dug up all my garlic

i'll figure something out...

mayhaps time to sprinkle a whole lot of cayenne pepper around the edges... Jo Cwazy Apr 21, 2005 3:25 PM Re: Land

Jo

-

fraggle

but..i make do

ummm

ah well

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Not to them it wasnt!

See always try to see things from the other side!

The Valley Vegan......Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

fraggle

but..i make do

ummm

ah well

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to loseTo send an email to - Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Mouse traps and ping pong balls! Now admittidly I didnt read all of this, but my cats do not like Mouse Trap, they prefer Hungry Hungry Hippos, so you may be on to something there, but trying to humiliate them by thrashing them at table tennis?......thats just wrong.

Ever Helpfull,

The Valley Vegan.......Lynda <lurine wrote:

Lynda

-

fraggle

but..i make do

ummm

ah well

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to loseTo send an email to - Peter H

Guest guest

Congratulations Anouk, I am very jealous of your back garden ( and your climate!)

The Valley Vegan.......anouk sickler <zurumato wrote:

I missed the converstaion about land, but I wish to say this.

I have a small backyard (less than 1/2 an acre) but I am doing a lot with it. I am doing all I can with this small piece of earth.

I have (all crowded) two grapefruit trees, one orange. one guava tree, papaya tree, two banana trees, three strawberry bushes, peppers, tons of tomatoes, beans etc)

I also have three bird feeders, and a butterly flower garden as well as a frog/tadpole pond.

It is very crowded!

my husband thinks that I have gone crwazy. I am a nature freek.

I don't use pesticide and the animales love my backyard. (I have snakes, giant colorful spiders, birds make nests, drangonflies, a million exotic insects etc.)

It helps that it is very sunny and fertile here, the other day my husband was eating watermelon, spitting out the seeds, two days later, little seeds are sprouting.

I am rare in my neighborhood. People just love to use Monsanto (roundup pesticide). This basically kills every living thing. all for the sake of having a "perfect" lawn. VANITY

I used to live in new york city (manhattan) in a ghetto. When I was a little girl, in the 70's and 80's there was a lot of crime.

I wasn't allowed to play in the streets, stuck in an apartment.

Things were so bad, that some buildings (crack, heroin houses) were condemed and torn down.

Well, guess what the good people in the community did. Out of these small lots, the size of a small five story building, People made Gardens!

at first green grass would just grow, then the old folks hispanic and black folks just came and started planting seeds.

Seeing these gardens, something good out of something bad, gave me a lot of inspiration.

These gardens where a place where children where safe, as there was always someone gardening in it,

a place where children learn about nature, science, things that they are not expose to, or have to read only in a book.

Do things with their hands, watch a seed that they planted grow,

Do work, feel important, and not be bored indoors or hanging out in the street corner.

anyway, my point is a lot can be done with a little. (when the spirit is there, nature just wants to live)

I used to have tomato plants, and an avocado plant in my dark, small apartment apartment in nyc.

To send an email to - Peter H

Guest guest

yeah, but in that alternate dimension where they are no cats it rains flaming doughnuts

if you wash it, it should be fine

cats crapping on my spinach just wigs me out

time to go purchase a large tub of cayenne pepper

and..i know whom two of the cats are already..we just haven't been formally introduced yet..they look at me as some sort of usurper...i guess i forgot to bow before them when i first saw them..ruined any chance i have

cheers

fraggle peter hurd Apr 23, 2005 7:23 AM Re: Land

My cat has been rubbing in my Thyme, is it alright to wash and use it?

I thought that artemesia was a rather strong plant for cleansing the system ( if you know what I mean ) so maybe they tried a bit and it had that effect on them?

I would suggest that you find the culprits and try mind melding with them. I know you can do it!

Alternitively, try gardening in another dimension, one where cats do not exist.

Always glad to help,

The Valley Vegan........

What you see is what you get

You've made your bed, you better lie in it

You choose your leaders and place your trust

As their lies wash you down and their promises rust

You'll see kidney machines replaced by rockets and guns

And the public wants what the public gets

But I don't get what this society wants

Guest guest

but then the dog comes around and eats all yer hotels in Monopoly

this weekend going to try a series of experiments...

going to plant some rue, since the artemesia seems to be a failure...

sprinkle some areas with pepper..others with cayenne

and plant some catnip on the far side of yard(far being relative, as a snail bulling a trailer can cross my backyard in about half a second) peter hurd Apr 23, 2005 7:39 AM Re: Land

Mouse traps and ping pong balls! Now admittidly I didnt read all of this, but my cats do not like Mouse Trap, they prefer Hungry Hungry Hippos, so you may be on to something there, but trying to humiliate them by thrashing them at table tennis?......thats just wrong.

Ever Helpfull,

The Valley Vegan.......

Guest guest

Do theylike Marble Run?

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, April 23, 2005 3:39 PM

Ever Helpfull,

Lynda

-

fraggle

but..i make do

ummm

ah well

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to loseTo send an email to -

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to -

Guest guest

must be a UK thing

since i have NO bloody idea wot that is.....

er maybe i'm just dumb as a box of rocks

and this weekend i still haven't had a chance to try my experiment Jo Cwazy Apr 23, 2005 5:38 PM Re: Land

Do theylike Marble Run?

Jo

-

peter hurd

Ever Helpfull,

Lynda

-

fraggle

but..i make do

ummm

ah well

To send an email to - Iâm gonna tell all you fascists you may be surprised

Youâre bound to lose, you fascists are bound to loseTo send an email to -

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

It was a UK thing - like a mixture of a bob sleigh run and the mousetrap game - that you rolled marbles down - a passtime for young children.

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, April 25, 2005 12:19 AM

must be a UK thing

since i have NO bloody idea wot that is.....

er maybe i'm just dumb as a box of rocks

and this weekend i still haven't had a chance to try my experiment Jo Cwazy Apr 23, 2005 5:38 PM Re: Land

Do theylike Marble Run?

Jo

-

peter hurd

Ever Helpfull,

Lynda

-

fraggle

but..i make do

ummm

ah well

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to loseTo send an email to -

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. To send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

Catnip eh?, come on cats, just say no. Drugs aint big and they aint clever!

The Valley Vegan.......fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

but then the dog comes around and eats all yer hotels in Monopoly

this weekend going to try a series of experiments...

going to plant some rue, since the artemesia seems to be a failure...

sprinkle some areas with pepper..others with cayenne

and plant some catnip on the far side of yard(far being relative, as a snail bulling a trailer can cross my backyard in about half a second) peter hurd Apr 23, 2005 7:39 AM Re: Land

Ever Helpfull,

The Valley Vegan.......To send an email to -

You’re bound to lose, you fascists are bound to losePeter H