IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Customer Feedback

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

where do you reside...

isinglass is mostly used in certain UK products

dear bacchus don't drink Bud..ew Mary Minihane Apr 27, 2005 2:11 PM VEGAN_CHAT (AT) (DOT) COM Fw: Customer Feedback The following is a reply that I received from a brewery when I asked if their product was suitable for vegans. I am assuming that if they do not consider it an ingredient that they do not have to declare it in their ingredients list. I used to rely on ingredient lists but from now on unless a processed product states "suitable for vegans" I am not going to use it. I miss my Murphy's but I guess that I will have to stick with Bud.Dear MaryGreetings from murphysbeers.comThank you for your email dated April 22, 2005.Isinglass finings (produced from fish bladders) is used in the productionof Murphy's Irish Stout. It is not an ingredient however but a process aid that is used in the clarification stage . Although used in the process it is subsequently removed by centrifugation and is not present in the final product. .May I take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Murphy's.RegardsmurphyTo send an email to -

Guest guest

I reside about 17 miles from the brewery in question which means that

I am on the south coast of Ireland. Does anyone know of a beer that is

vegan, not loaded with chimicals and available on this side of the

pond. Tesco's cary a cloudy french beer that looks interesting so

maybe I will email them and see what they have to say. I have been

meaning to check up on the ingredients in their organic wholemeal

bread for some time but have not got around to it. The bread that they

bake in-srore does not seem to require an ingredients list. Not that

it matters as I can no longer thrust the list.

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

>

Guest guest

in general..stay away from anything cask conditioned or marked *real ale* in the UK and emerald isle...

isinglass is used as a traditional fining (almost unheard of on this side of the pond, except fer a few breweries who are trying to emulate english cask beer)...

if you are unsure..always as the brewery..they are generally more then happy to talk about their beer

many keg/draught/cask beers over there alas have gone back to putting isinglass back into the production of their products

ugh

and to think i once thought the Real Ale movement was a good thing

any beer that is *bottle conditioned* or has yeast still in the bottle will NOT have isinglass

we don't get a lotof irish beers over ehre in the colonies, so i'm not as up on em as say, well, almost every other beer in the freakin universe(i apologize....)..but i do know off the top of my head that the stuff from the Dublin brewery (maeve's, darcy's stout, etc) are all vegan

heck...drink anything from the mainland of Europe...germans and belgians would have conniptions if you tried to add isinglass to their beer production

and count yer blessings

about 200 yrs ago er so, some englsih brewers would slaughter a pig over the fermentation vats so that the pig blood would coagulate and fine the beer

um

ew

cheers

fraggle Mary Minihane Apr 28, 2005 2:55 AM Re: Fw: Customer Feedback I reside about 17 miles from the brewery in question which means that I am on the south coast of Ireland. Does anyone know of a beer that is vegan, not loaded with chimicals and available on this side of the pond. Tesco's cary a cloudy french beer that looks interesting so maybe I will email them and see what they have to say. I have been meaning to check up on the ingredients in their organic wholemeal bread for some time but have not got around to it. The bread that they bake in-srore does not seem to require an ingredients list. Not that it matters as I can no longer thrust the list. , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> To send an email to -

Guest guest

Mary,

Check out the online u.k.`s animal free shopper at @

http://www.animalfreeshopper.com/html/

It lists tumps of beer! I know, i`ve sampled lots of them! Not many Organic ones on there, and the ones that are , are not widely available I`m afraid.

I would recomend Black Sheep Ale ( not organic, just nice) available just about every supermarket around.

Another nice drink ( if you like cider ) is Westons Organic, again available in most supermarkets.

And lastly lager ( if you must drink it ) - well Hieneken is reputedly vegan?!

The Valley Vegan..........

Mary Minihane <minih wrote:

I reside about 17 miles from the brewery in question which means that I am on the south coast of Ireland. Does anyone know of a beer that is vegan, not loaded with chimicals and available on this side of the pond. Tesco's cary a cloudy french beer that looks interesting so maybe I will email them and see what they have to say. I have been meaning to check up on the ingredients in their organic wholemeal bread for some time but have not got around to it. The bread that they bake in-srore does not seem to require an ingredients list. Not that it matters as I can no longer thrust the list. , fraggle wrote:>

Guest guest

I agree with Fraggle, Bud is a last resort....

The Valley Vegan.......fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

where do you reside...

isinglass is mostly used in certain UK products

dear bacchus don't drink Bud..ew Mary Minihane Apr 27, 2005 2:11 PM VEGAN_CHAT (AT) (DOT) COM Fw: Customer Feedback The following is a reply that I received from a brewery when I asked if their product was suitable for vegans. I am assuming that if they do not consider it an ingredient that they do not have to declare it in their ingredients list. I used to rely on ingredient lists but from now on unless a processed product states "suitable for vegans" I am not going to use it. I miss my Murphy's but I guess that I will have to stick with Bud.Dear MaryGreetings from murphysbeers.comThank you for your email dated April 22, 2005.Isinglass finings (produced from fish bladders) is used in the productionof Murphy's Irish Stout. It is not an ingredient however but a process aid that is

used in the clarification stage . Although used in the process it is subsequently removed by centrifugation and is not present in the final product. .May I take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Murphy's.RegardsmurphyTo send an email to -