IndiaDivine.org

What is wrong with people?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi

Yeah, so, I just came home from the bar and I am totally distraught. It's like I try to tell people the benefits of a vegan lifestyle and they just dont get it. A lot of people admit that they have compassion for the animals that they eat but at the same time have no intention of changing thier dietary patterns. So what is wrong with people???? Like I realize that I used to be a flesh eater as well, but I believe that once I was enlightened to the implications that meat eating has on our environment, bodies and souls, I changed. It wasn't hard at all because I realized the impact that my choice to consume a vegan diet has on our environment.

So how com people don't get it as easily as I did? The book "Food Revolution" by John Robbins was what made me get it. Is it reasonable to assume that if others read this book and absorbed it that they would change thier views and become vegan? I'm pissed off.

I'm like so opinionated about veganism, maybe too opinionated. I just feel so right. That's cuz I am. The simple fact will always remain that: HUMANS DO NOT NEED TO EAT ANIMAL PRODUCTS TO LIVE A HEALTHY LIFE. POINT FINALE! Isn't that what it all comes down to? Someone, please bring me down to earth. I just don't get it. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE???. Denying ones compassion towards animals is not necessary. It's just not. But too many people don't understand this. They think that that's what "livestock" is there for.

I hosted a vegan supper at my house tonight. One of the guests offered to bring a meat dish, as to please those who consumed flesh. I thought about it, and then decided that I refused to watch flesh being aten in the place where I live. My home. I likened it to someone bringing over a platter of cat meat and expecting me to be okay with it. Well, I love cats, and would never eat one. I think cats are a wonderful, friendly species. And you know what, SO ARE PIGS, CHICKENS AND COWS!! I gotta go to bed. Sleep off my frustrations.

Bye.

Jeff Post your free ad now! Canada Personals

Guest guest

> Yeah, so, I just came home from the bar and I am totally distraught. It's like I try to tell people the

> benefits of a vegan lifestyle and they just dont get it.

Honestly, Jeff.. maybe it's because people don't go to a bar to get preached to. Seriously, come down off the soapbox, the air is breathable down here too.

Talisman

Actinide Chemistry Graduate Student 2004ICP-MS and Radioactive Isotope User

Master Alchemist Gamma Mu ColonyAlpha Chi Sigma FraternityHeading to Notre Dame Fall 2005!!

Guest guest

Hi Jeff

We all know it is wrong to eat meat, but for your own health you must calm down - think of your blood-pressure and arteries.

I agree with you about not letting someone bring a meat dish to your house. You may have a problem with people saying the same to you when you visit, and you may lose friends, so you have to decide what you want most.

Good luck

Jo

-

Jeff Devine

Sunday, May 01, 2005 7:40 AM

What is wrong with people?

Hi

Yeah, so, I just came home from the bar and I am totally distraught. It's like I try to tell people the benefits of a vegan lifestyle and they just dont get it. A lot of people admit that they have compassion for the animals that they eat but at the same time have no intention of changing thier dietary patterns. So what is wrong with people???? Like I realize that I used to be a flesh eater as well, but I believe that once I was enlightened to the implications that meat eating has on our environment, bodies and souls, I changed. It wasn't hard at all because I realized the impact that my choice to consume a vegan diet has on our environment.

So how com people don't get it as easily as I did? The book "Food Revolution" by John Robbins was what made me get it. Is it reasonable to assume that if others read this book and absorbed it that they would change thier views and become vegan? I'm pissed off.

I'm like so opinionated about veganism, maybe too opinionated. I just feel so right. That's cuz I am. The simple fact will always remain that: HUMANS DO NOT NEED TO EAT ANIMAL PRODUCTS TO LIVE A HEALTHY LIFE. POINT FINALE! Isn't that what it all comes down to? Someone, please bring me down to earth. I just don't get it. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE???. Denying ones compassion towards animals is not necessary. It's just not. But too many people don't understand this. They think that that's what "livestock" is there for.

I hosted a vegan supper at my house tonight. One of the guests offered to bring a meat dish, as to please those who consumed flesh. I thought about it, and then decided that I refused to watch flesh being aten in the place where I live. My home. I likened it to someone bringing over a platter of cat meat and expecting me to be okay with it. Well, I love cats, and would never eat one. I think cats are a wonderful, friendly species. And you know what, SO ARE PIGS, CHICKENS AND COWS!! I gotta go to bed. Sleep off my frustrations.

Bye.

Jeff

Post your free ad now! Canada PersonalsTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Chemgeek wrote:

>Honestly, Jeff.. maybe it's because people don't go to a bar to get

>preached to. Seriously, come down off the soapbox, the air

>is breathable down here too.

Yes. This. Thank you, ChemGeek. You saved me a post.

serene

--

" A conservative is someone who worships the views of dead liberals. "

-- The Holy Church of Happy Good Times