IndiaDivine.org

Re:migrant workers

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

i also have worked with migrant workers

1. ok..lets assume its sales tax...

everything has sales tax except food....gasoline, anything you purchase

2. many places that i know of readily deduct taxes from their migrant workers pay already...even if they pay them in cash...whether they forward them on to the appropriate agency is another thing

3. The National Immigration Forum, reports that the typical immigrant pays $80,000 more in taxes over a lifetime than he receives in government benefits. Lynda May 5, 2005 11:33 PM Re: Re: and remember this mother's day

How do you figure they get nothing for their tax money, which btw, is usually only sales tax.

I volunteer and do tax forms for migrants and other low income folks and they don't generally pay any state or federal income tax and most get the earned income credit which is usually far more than they pay in sales taxes in a year.

Not to say what they are paid is a good thing but I don't see where you are coming from on the tax thing.

Lynda

And Bugs Bunny is a friend of mine

Eating him I'd feel like Frankenstein

Eating flesh seems pretty foul to me

Guest guest

Are you defining "immigrant" and "migrant" workers as folks who are legally here or as illegal aliens?

Lynda

-

fraggle

Friday, May 06, 2005 10:29 AM

Re: Re:migrant workers

2. many places that i know of readily deduct taxes from their migrant workers pay already...even if they pay them in cash...whether they forward them on to the appropriate agency is another thing

3. The National Immigration Forum, reports that the typical immigrant pays $80,000 more in taxes over a lifetime than he receives in government benefits. Lynda May 5, 2005 11:33 PM Re: Re: and remember this mother's day

How do you figure they get nothing for their tax money, which btw, is usually only sales tax.

I volunteer and do tax forms for migrants and other low income folks and they don't generally pay any state or federal income tax and most get the earned income credit which is usually far more than they pay in sales taxes in a year.

Not to say what they are paid is a good thing but I don't see where you are coming from on the tax thing.

Lynda

To send an email to -

And Bugs Bunny is a friend of mine

Guest guest

all the same to me....

a border is just a temporary line we make up and imagine Lynda May 6, 2005 1:15 PM Re: Re:migrant workers

Are you defining "immigrant" and "migrant" workers as folks who are legally here or as illegal aliens?

Lynda

-

fraggle

Friday, May 06, 2005 10:29 AM

Re: Re:migrant workers

Lynda

To send an email to - And Bugs Bunny is a friend of mine

To send an email to -