IndiaDivine.org

Wildflowers, was is Safeway Sucking Your Soul?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Well, I'm between a rock and a hard place. Like what's new <g> I absolutely HATE Fuji film processing. I don't want to send the film somewhere (who knows where) overseas for processing.

So, I currently have 3 rolls of film to have processed as soon as I find a Kodak processor.

I have ID'd some of the plants and some are 1 or higher on the rare list such as Mule's Ears and Arrowhead

We've IDs some others (Elegant Cat's Ears, Shooting Star, Scarlett Fritillaria, String Flower, Ground Iris, Fiddleneck, Yarrow, Baby Blue Eyes and a type of Ranunculus).

The jury is still out on about a dozen others. Plus we found one type of Ground Iris that doesn't fit the general categories. It has no ruffle, it has no yellow and its minor petals stand up, they don't hang between the major petals. Oh, and it is deep lavendar/purple for the three major petals and stark white for the minor and three that usually stand up in the middle. Quite interesting.

We also have deep purple Elegant Cat's Ears, not just lavendar. One of them might be a type of Broom Rape. And all those are just in the "front yard." We haven't even spent anytime looking at the back 9.

So, when I find a Kodak moment <g> I'll post the pictures of what we can't ID.

Lynda, wildflower nut <g>

-

fraggle

Friday, May 06, 2005 10:41 AM

Re: Re: is Safeway Sucking Your Soul?

weren't you suppose to send us a picture of a flower awhile ago..to see if we could identify it? Lynda May 5, 2005 11:58 PM Re: Re: is Safeway Sucking Your Soul?

We are real lucky. We live in a very small place. No stop lights, no stop signs and an hour from even a small (3000) town.

We have a fantastic natural foods store where we can order from their catelog and they add 10% over wholesale. I buy stuff in our dinky little wide spot in the road for less than the sale prices at any store in the state! Now they are offering lugs of fresh veggies and fruits.

This year the high school is going to raise organic veggies and have their own farmers markets. Way kewl!

Lynda

To send an email to -

And Bugs Bunny is a friend of mine

Eating him I'd feel like Frankenstein

Eating flesh seems pretty foul to me

Guest guest

I don't like film - it has gelatine in it.

Jo

-

Lynda

Friday, May 06, 2005 9:00 PM

Wildflowers, was Re: is Safeway Sucking Your Soul?

Well, I'm between a rock and a hard place. Like what's new <g> I absolutely HATE Fuji film processing. I don't want to send the film somewhere (who knows where) overseas for processing.

So, I currently have 3 rolls of film to have processed as soon as I find a Kodak processor.

I have ID'd some of the plants and some are 1 or higher on the rare list such as Mule's Ears and Arrowhead

We've IDs some others (Elegant Cat's Ears, Shooting Star, Scarlett Fritillaria, String Flower, Ground Iris, Fiddleneck, Yarrow, Baby Blue Eyes and a type of Ranunculus).

The jury is still out on about a dozen others. Plus we found one type of Ground Iris that doesn't fit the general categories. It has no ruffle, it has no yellow and its minor petals stand up, they don't hang between the major petals. Oh, and it is deep lavendar/purple for the three major petals and stark white for the minor and three that usually stand up in the middle. Quite interesting.

We also have deep purple Elegant Cat's Ears, not just lavendar. One of them might be a type of Broom Rape. And all those are just in the "front yard." We haven't even spent anytime looking at the back 9.

-

fraggle

weren't you suppose to send us a picture of a flower awhile ago..to see if we could identify it? Lynda May 5, 2005 11:58 PM Re: Re: is Safeway Sucking Your Soul?

We are real lucky. We live in a very small place. No stop lights, no stop signs and an hour from even a small (3000) town.

We have a fantastic natural foods store where we can order from their catelog and they add 10% over wholesale. I buy stuff in our dinky little wide spot in the road for less than the sale prices at any store in the state! Now they are offering lugs of fresh veggies and fruits.

This year the high school is going to raise organic veggies and have their own farmers markets. Way kewl!

Lynda

To send an email to - And Bugs Bunny is a friend of mine

Eating flesh seems pretty foul to meTo send an email to -

Guest guest

I agree, anyone wanna give me digi camera?

The Valley Vegan......Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

Lynda

-

fraggle

Lynda

Eating flesh seems pretty foul to meTo send an email to - To send an email to - Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Guest guest

I don't have a spare I'm afraid. It took us a while to get a digital one, but now we can take hundreds of photos.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, May 07, 2005 3:52 PM

Re: Wildflowers, was Re: is Safeway Sucking Your Soul?

The Valley Vegan......Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

Lynda

-

fraggle

Lynda

Eating flesh seems pretty foul to meTo send an email to - To send an email to -

Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos To send an email to -

Guest guest

Me first! She complained about my post first <<eg>>

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Saturday, May 07, 2005 7:52 AM

Re: Wildflowers, was Re: is Safeway Sucking Your Soul?

The Valley Vegan......