IndiaDivine.org

US base closures.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Where have they closed?

JO

US base closures.

> What do you think of the US base closures in the news ?

>

> Thanks.

>

> Vijay

To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

close em all...... Jo Cwazy May 14, 2005 1:18 AM Re: US base closures. Where have they closed?JO US base closures.> What do you think of the US base closures in the news ?> > Thanks.> > Vijay> > > > > > > To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Were you living in the Bay Area when the last round of base closures happened?

My concern is that with unemployment being high (if you use the real figures instead of the new math instituted by Alfred E. Newman and company), we really don't need more wholesale unemployment.

The unemployment went to 17% and higher in some areas with the last round.

Phase them out over a period of time, not the way they are doing it.

Lynda

-

fraggle

Saturday, May 14, 2005 11:52 AM

Re: US base closures.

close em all...... Jo Cwazy May 14, 2005 1:18 AM Re: US base closures. Where have they closed?JO US base closures.> What do you think of the US base closures in the news ?> > Thanks.> > Vijay> > > > > > > To send an email to - >

Guest guest

yeah..i was here

i just think there has to be a better use of our money then supporting some bloated military-industrial complex, and much better use of land and resources..especially since the military is exempt from so many environmental laws(and wants to be exempt from everything) and generally leaves a toxic cesspool behind

if instead of sending money to keep all these bases open, they could use that money for, oh, i dunno, job training..education..low income housing,

but of course..any savings are going to go fer things like building 14 new permanent bases in iraq

lo empire! behold its new dawning..excuse me while i go be noisily sick

bleah Lynda May 14, 2005 12:42 PM Re: US base closures.

My concern is that with unemployment being high (if you use the real figures instead of the new math instituted by Alfred E. Newman and company), we really don't need more wholesale unemployment.

Lynda

-

fraggle

Guest guest

Well, personally, I'm really concerned about his ideas for helping the communities where he plans to close bases -- giving the bases to companies to build nuclear power plants on! Wow, what a peachy idea. How about a nuclear power plant on Mare Island!

Lynda

-

fraggle

Saturday, May 14, 2005 4:24 PM

yeah..i was here

i just think there has to be a better use of our money then supporting some bloated military-industrial complex, and much better use of land and resources..especially since the military is exempt from so many environmental laws(and wants to be exempt from everything) and generally leaves a toxic cesspool behind

if instead of sending money to keep all these bases open, they could use that money for, oh, i dunno, job training..education..low income housing,

but of course..any savings are going to go fer things like building 14 new permanent bases in iraq

Lynda

-

fraggle

Guest guest

Hi Lynda

> Were you living in the Bay Area when the last round of base closures happened?

> My concern is that with unemployment being high (if you use the real figures instead of the new math

> instituted by Alfred E. Newman and company), we really don't need more wholesale unemployment.

I'm not sure that unemployment is a valid reason not to close bases. After all, there was virtually no unemployment at all before they abolished slavery, and I don't think that justified keeping slavery... and, of course, in terms of figures, the most successful regime in terms of low unemployment figures in the 20th century was nazi Germany! Again, not a great example of how to keep unemployment down.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

, " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> Well, personally, I'm really concerned about his ideas for helping

the communities where he plans to close bases -- giving the bases to

companies to build nuclear power plants on! Wow, what a peachy idea.

How about a nuclear power plant on Mare Island!

>

> Lynda

Wow !! Excellent opinions from all. So many factors to reflect upon.

Glad I started this thread. Keep sharing/discussing everyone.

Vijay

Guest guest

holy crap

thats almost WORD for WORD what i was going to say yesterday

are you channeling me again? Peter May 15, 2005 1:58 AM Re: US base closures.

Hi Lynda

> Were you living in the Bay Area when the last round of base closures happened?

> My concern is that with unemployment being high (if you use the real figures instead of the new math

> instituted by Alfred E. Newman and company), we really don't need more wholesale unemployment.

I'm not sure that unemployment is a valid reason not to close bases. After all, there was virtually no unemployment at all before they abolished slavery, and I don't think that justified keeping slavery... and, of course, in terms of figures, the most successful regime in terms of low unemployment figures in the 20th century was nazi Germany! Again, not a great example of how to keep unemployment down.

BB

Peter

To send an email to -

Guest guest

oh..i can understand that...

but, keeping them open just for the sake of him NOT doing something idiotic like that is worse then just treading water...

its a case of..do we toss money into this burning pit over and over again, er do we toss money into that sunken well....

hmmmmmmm

great choices... Lynda May 14, 2005 9:01 PM Re: US base closures.

Well, personally, I'm really concerned about his ideas for helping the communities where he plans to close bases -- giving the bases to companies to build nuclear power plants on! Wow, what a peachy idea. How about a nuclear power plant on Mare Island!

Lynda

-

fraggle

Saturday, May 14, 2005 4:24 PM

yeah..i was here

Lynda

-

fraggle

Guest guest

Hey, slavery is a good example. We should not have tossed that many people out using the old method of "sink or swim."

The government built in areas where they went in and made promises AND asked the communities to "beef up and provide services" for the military. Houses were built, businesses were built to serve those needs. Cities put in infra-struture for the bases because the government promised them a return on their dollar. They built additional schools because the military said they needed those items to be in the area.

Houses were built, rentals were provided.

Phase out the bases giving folks a chance to either relocate themselves or create a new niche for their business(es).

We aren't talking Halliburton here or the $75 screwdriver people. We're talking mom & pop businesses, teachers, firemen, policemen, property owners, etc.

How convenient that they just changed the bankruptsy laws when all these folks are going to be facing bankruptsy but won't be able to file because they aren't fat cat to begin with.

Nope, like tossing slaves out onto the streets without so much as a blanket or a mule, cutting and running from these communities isn't the right thing to do either.

Lynda

-

Peter

Sunday, May 15, 2005 1:58 AM

Hi Lynda

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> thats almost WORD for WORD what i was going to say yesterday

> are you channeling me again?

Nothing so innocent... merely controlling your mind.... mwahahahahaha...

BB

Peter

Guest guest

they make mind control devices that small eh? Peter May 15, 2005 3:57 PM Re: US base closures.

Hi Fraggle

> thats almost WORD for WORD what i was going to say yesterday

> are you channeling me again?

Nothing so innocent... merely controlling your mind.... mwahahahahaha...

BB

PeterTo send an email to -