IndiaDivine.org

Re:Krishnamurti quote

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I think this is true in many ways. We are separating ourselves with our identifications of who we are. Yes, it tells others who we are, that is true. But some of the most spiritual people you feel that they are kind and compassionate with everyone, no matter who they are. I often think we should work our way to that.

Kristina

In a message dated 5/20/05 9:33:13 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

, Rick Stevens > <ecology1st2004> wrote:> > When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a> > Christian or a European, or anything else, you are> > being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because> > you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind.> > When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality,> > by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is> > seeking to understand violence does not belong to any> > country, to any religion, to any political party or> > partial system; he is concerned with the total> > understanding of mankind.> > > > > > --J. Krishnamurti.> > > > More on J. Krishnamurti >> > http://www.ratical.org/many_worlds/K/ > >

Guest guest

So who would get to decide what cookie cutter everyone should be cut from? Does everyone become Christian or Muslim or Buddhist? Does everyone become vegan? does everyone have to homeschool, buy organic, live in a "green" house, use solar and drive a biodiesel.

Personally, the differences are what makes us "us" and I don't think a cookie cutter would make the world a better place.

Or does everyone get to be different but are required to stay in the closet, so to speak, "don't ask, don't tell?"

Lynda

-

lv2breathe

Cc: Lv2breathe

Friday, May 20, 2005 4:53 PM

Re:Krishnamurti quote

I think this is true in many ways. We are separating ourselves with our identifications of who we are. Yes, it tells others who we are, that is true. But some of the most spiritual people you feel that they are kind and compassionate with everyone, no matter who they are. I often think we should work our way to that.

Kristina

, Rick Stevens > <ecology1st2004> wrote:> > When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a> > Christian or a European, or anything else, you are> > being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because> > you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind.> > When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality,> > by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is> > seeking to understand violence does not belong to any> > country, to any religion, to any political party or> > partial system; he is concerned with the total> > understanding of mankind.> > > > > > --J. Krishnamurti.> > > > More on J. Krishnamurti >> > http://www.ratical.org/many_worlds/K/ > >

To send an email to -

Guest guest

> So who would get to decide what cookie cutter everyone should be

cut from?

Me!

Mu ha ha ha

Now don't worry, this will only sting a bit...

Well put!

Nikki :)

, " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> So who would get to decide what cookie cutter everyone should be

cut from? Does everyone become Christian or Muslim or Buddhist?

Does everyone become vegan? does everyone have to homeschool, buy

organic, live in a " green " house, use solar and drive a biodiesel.

>

> Personally, the differences are what makes us " us " and I don't

think a cookie cutter would make the world a better place.

>

> Or does everyone get to be different but are required to stay in

the closet, so to speak, " don't ask, don't tell? "

>

> Lynda

Guest guest

- Jo Cwazy

Saturday, May 28, 2005 10:22 PM

Re: Re:Krishnamurti quote

I think you can have totally your own identity and still respect and enjoy others.

Jo

Kristina

To send an email to -