IndiaDivine.org

Cholestrol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just had my results from the doctor , and it is high - 6.7.

I am 43, 140 pounds and a vegan for the last 15 years and vegie 5 before that. I dont smoke, and rarely drink.

I do however have a family history of heart problems.

My doctor did suggest that I could take medication to try and control my cholestrol, but she did not think all things considered that I would need it ( lifestyle etc).

Anyone know anything about this medication? I have heard that it can do more damage than good, so I am staying well away at the moment. Is it something animal derived? A little help please?

The Valley Vegan.....Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Guest guest

You are reading the debate on Vioxx and should realise that you

should stay away from medication unless your life depends on it and

this does not seem to be your case. They are putting more emphysis

on Cholestrol than it deservs. I notice that the UK gov hav just

started a new TV ad campaign about it. I know that my remarks are

negitive and not the info that you are looking for but I was told

the same thing a few years ago and ignored it. If you eat well and

take some B12 (and dont walk under a bus)you will live a long and

healthy life

Mary

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

>

> I just had my results from the doctor , and it is high - 6.7.

>

> I am 43, 140 pounds and a vegan for the last 15 years and vegie 5

before that. I dont smoke, and rarely drink.

>

> I do however have a family history of heart problems.

>

> My doctor did suggest that I could take medication to try and

control my cholestrol, but she did not think all things considered

that I would need it ( lifestyle etc).

>

> Anyone know anything about this medication? I have heard that it

can do more damage than good, so I am staying well away at the

moment. Is it something animal derived? A little help please?

>

>

>

> The Valley Vegan.....

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

>

>

> How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps

for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Guest guest

Hi Mary,

Here in the UK a few years ago a reading of 6 was considered average, then the government decided 5 was better, and now they are going to change the safe target to 4? In which case, I need to make a will........fast!

I am also having a test for B12, as I have never ever taken suppliments, apart from the soya milk and margerine that I use. So it should be interesting? I`ll lett everyone know what my reading is......assuming I`m still around!

The Valley Vegan.......Mary Minihane <minih wrote:

You are reading the debate on Vioxx and should realise that you should stay away from medication unless your life depends on it and this does not seem to be your case. They are putting more emphysis on Cholestrol than it deservs. I notice that the UK gov hav just started a new TV ad campaign about it. I know that my remarks are negitive and not the info that you are looking for but I was told the same thing a few years ago and ignored it. If you eat well and take some B12 (and dont walk under a bus)you will live a long and healthy lifeMary , peter hurd wrote:> > I just had my results from the doctor , and it is high - 6.7.> > I am 43, 140 pounds and a vegan for the last 15 years and vegie 5 before that. I dont smoke, and rarely drink.> > I do

however have a family history of heart problems.> > My doctor did suggest that I could take medication to try and control my cholestrol, but she did not think all things considered that I would need it ( lifestyle etc).> > Anyone know anything about this medication? I have heard that it can do more damage than good, so I am staying well away at the moment. Is it something animal derived? A little help please?> > > > The Valley Vegan.....> > > > Peter H > > > > > How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Guest guest

My doc knows we don't "do" chemical medication unless absolutely necessary, He recommended flax seed oil, red rice yeast and slow/no flush niacin.

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Saturday, May 28, 2005 7:13 AM

Re: RE: Cholestrol

I just had my results from the doctor , and it is high - 6.7.

I am 43, 140 pounds and a vegan for the last 15 years and vegie 5 before that. I dont smoke, and rarely drink.

I do however have a family history of heart problems.

My doctor did suggest that I could take medication to try and control my cholestrol, but she did not think all things considered that I would need it ( lifestyle etc).

Anyone know anything about this medication? I have heard that it can do more damage than good, so I am staying well away at the moment. Is it something animal derived? A little help please?

The Valley Vegan.....

Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos To send an email to -