IndiaDivine.org

River Phoenix

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was watching the Biography channel last night, on River Phoenix. It

was good to hear that he had insisted on non-animal clothing etc.

while filming. Shame he died so young.

Jo

Guest guest

I`ve not made my mind up on him, heard so many stories about the family and him, not sure his habits were entirely veganistic. The guy had more pharmacuticals than ICI!.....ALLEDGEDLY.

The Valley Vegan.............born sceptic.heartwerk <heartwork wrote:

I was watching the Biography channel last night, on River Phoenix. It was good to hear that he had insisted on non-animal clothing etc. while filming. Shame he died so young.JoTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Apparently he started taking or doing or whatever the phrase is, heroin while he was doing a film about male prostitutes and people living on the streets. Sounds like a stupid thing to do, but then I've never felt the need for any illegal substances.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 5:46 PM

Re: River Phoenix

I`ve not made my mind up on him, heard so many stories about the family and him, not sure his habits were entirely veganistic. The guy had more pharmacuticals than ICI!.....ALLEDGEDLY.

I was watching the Biography channel last night, on River Phoenix. It was good to hear that he had insisted on non-animal clothing etc. while filming. Shame he died so young.JoTo send an email to -

Guest guest

well, a lot of actors do that

living the role

and, just an aside..remember *legality* is a pretty transient state...

wot was legal today maybe illegal tomorrow..... Jo Cwazy Jun 7, 2005 11:55 AM Re: River Phoenix

Apparently he started taking or doing or whatever the phrase is, heroin while he was doing a film about male prostitutes and people living on the streets. Sounds like a stupid thing to do, but then I've never felt the need for any illegal substances.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Guest guest

That's very true - but I don't drink, and I gave up smoking 32 years ago :-) - aren't I angelic! I'm not really - I'm not keen on alcoholic drinks, and smoking is unhealthy. As my mum died of a brain tumour which came from lung cancer (a week after her 50th birthday) I thought it wise to give up smoking.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:41 PM

living the role

wot was legal today maybe illegal tomorrow..... Jo Cwazy Jun 7, 2005 11:55 AM Re: River Phoenix

Jo

-

peter hurd

Guest guest

so, you've never done ANYTING illegal?

hmmm???

you can tell me offline mum

:)

*shrug*

i have no particular urge to shove needles in my arms(yet, i like piercings..go figure), and any drug that just sorta makes you vomit doesn't sound like much fun

but..too each their own

life without alcohol wouldn't really be much of a life fer me..... Jo Cwazy Jun 7, 2005 1:54 PM Re: River Phoenix

That's very true - but I don't drink, and I gave up smoking 32 years ago :-) - aren't I angelic! I'm not really - I'm not keen on alcoholic drinks, and smoking is unhealthy. As my mum died of a brain tumour which came from lung cancer (a week after her 50th birthday) I thought it wise to give up smoking.

Jo

-

fraggle

living the role

Jo

-

peter hurd

Guest guest

I don't think I have, not that I can remember. Peter may have a better memory than me though. Ah yes - I did go into a local orchard and pinch a couple of plums when I was a kid - and I gathered some hens eggs from under a hedge when I was very little. My mum told me off and made me take them back and apologise. The farmer grinned a bit and patted me on the head - I was expecting him to be as cross as my mum!

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:03 PM

so, you've never done ANYTING illegal?

hmmm???

you can tell me offline mum

:)

*shrug*

i have no particular urge to shove needles in my arms(yet, i like piercings..go figure), and any drug that just sorta makes you vomit doesn't sound like much fun

but..too each their own

life without alcohol wouldn't really be much of a life fer me..... Jo Cwazy Jun 7, 2005 1:54 PM Re: River Phoenix

Jo

-

fraggle

living the role

Jo

-

peter hurd

Guest guest

I would think it would be real hard for someone raised like he was to not end up with some type of problem, when you consider the communes, missionaries without pay in several countries, stowaways to get back to the U.S. and the kids singing on the street for money to support the family.

Not to say communes are a bad thing as a whole but the final one they hooked up with was out there.

His death certificate states "acute multiple drug intoxication." Most folks don't take cocaine, morphine (heroin metabolizes and shows as morphine), valium, marijuana and ephedrine (could be cold medicine OR crystal meth). Strange thing is that even though he'd been at a nightclub for several hours, there was no alcohol in his blood.

Even without the alcohol, nightclubs in southern CA are reknown for stuff being dropped in drinks, be their alcoholic or otherwise. There were several such deaths in the months preceeding his death.

Lynda

-

fraggle

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 1:41 PM

living the role

Jo

-

peter hurd

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> so, you've never done ANYTING illegal?

Technically speaking, virtually everyone in the UK has done something illegal... under the Criminal Justice Act, it is technically illegal to gather in a group of three or more people in public without police permission... no-one has ever been prosecuted under it (probably 'cos they'd take it to the European Court of Human Rights), but it could still happen!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

you've never seen my friends apparantly..................................... Lynda Jun 7, 2005 2:30 PM Re: River Phoenix

His death certificate states "acute multiple drug intoxication." Most folks don't take cocaine, morphine (heroin metabolizes and shows as morphine), valium, marijuana and ephedrine (could be cold medicine OR crystal meth). Strange thing is that even though he'd been at a nightclub for several hours, there was no alcohol in his blood.

Those who control the past, control the future; Those who control the future, control the present; Those who control the present, control the past.^

Guest guest

I felt that his death was strange, but then I didn't know that much about him. I saw only one film with him in - Stand By Me - which I really enjoyed, even though young Wesley was in it.

Jo

-

Lynda

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:30 PM

I would think it would be real hard for someone raised like he was to not end up with some type of problem, when you consider the communes, missionaries without pay in several countries, stowaways to get back to the U.S. and the kids singing on the street for money to support the family.

Not to say communes are a bad thing as a whole but the final one they hooked up with was out there.

Even without the alcohol, nightclubs in southern CA are reknown for stuff being dropped in drinks, be their alcoholic or otherwise. There were several such deaths in the months preceeding his death.

Lynda

-

fraggle

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 1:41 PM

living the role

Jo

-

peter hurd

Guest guest

Hi Lynda

> His death certificate states "acute multiple drug intoxication." Most folks don't take cocaine, morphine

> (heroin metabolizes and shows as morphine), valium, marijuana and ephedrine (could be cold medicine OR

> crystal meth). Strange thing is that even though he'd been at a nightclub for several hours, there was no

> alcohol in his blood.

Perhaps he didn't drink... I know a few people who take "illegal" drugs, but don't touch alcohol.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> and, just an aside..remember *legality* is a pretty transient state...

State? you mean how no helmets are required when riding a motorcycle in

the State of florida, but in the State of NY you get Fined for not

wearing one?

Guest guest

19 US states require all riders to have a helmet

most other states have some sort of law requiring helmet use fer certain riders, generally younger then 18

only three states as far as i know have no helmet requirements...Colorado, Illinois, and Iowa Anouk Sickler Jun 7, 2005 9:04 PM Re: River Phoenix , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> and, just an aside..remember *legality* is a pretty transient state...State? you mean how no helmets are required when riding a motorcycle in the State of florida, but in the State of NY you get Fined for not wearing one?To send an email to -

Guest guest

> Even without the alcohol, nightclubs in southern CA are reknown for

stuff being dropped in drinks, be their alcoholic or otherwise. There

were several such deaths in the months preceeding his death.

>

> Lynda

are you saying his death was a conspiracy? That would be interesting.

He was my age, all my friends were bummed out when he died.

regardless of his flaws,

he inspired me to think in vegan style, when I was in my late teens.

He would write to the teen,twentysomethings, Magazines

that we used to read and he would tell us that we didn't have to cut

up frogs in class. He would give us the phone #'s of lawyers that we

could call in if our school forced us to.

despite his flaws, I thought he was real cool, because he was vegan

way back, when it wasn't so popular (in hollywood).

Guest guest

> you've never seen my friends

apparantly.....................................

I did and they are CRAZEEEE!!!

Once, i went online to myspace.com on a link that you gave us.

I tried to see a picture of you, but there was no picture.. just a

refrigerator with diferent types of beer. But I did see pictures of

your friends and they looked... interesting. :)

Guest guest

fer some reason, you can't look at all my other pix unless you join myspace...

mmm...my beer.... Anouk Sickler Jun 7, 2005 9:49 PM Re: River Phoenix , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> you've never seen my friends apparantly.....................................I did and they are CRAZEEEE!!!Once, i went online to myspace.com on a link that you gave us. I tried to see a picture of you, but there was no picture.. just a refrigerator with diferent types of beer. But I did see pictures of your friends and they looked... interesting. :)To send an email to -

Guest guest

I am surprised that Nevada does.

Geez, you can still legally ride in the bed of a pick-up truck here.

On the highway.

> 19 US states require all riders to have a helmet

most other states have some sort of law requiring helmet use fer

certain riders, generally younger then 18

only three states as far as i know have no helmet requirements...

Colorado, Illinois, and Iowa

Guest guest

with a prostitute, while gambling..

actually..nevada is a state full of surprises..... sara Jun 8, 2005 7:17 AM Re: River Phoenix I am surprised that Nevada does.Geez, you can still legally ride in the bed of a pick-up truck here. On the highway. , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> 19 US states require all riders to have a helmetmost other states have some sort of law requiring helmet use fer certain riders, generally younger then 18only three states as far as i know have no helmet requirements...Colorado, Illinois, and IowaTo send an email to -

Guest guest

No, no, you're confused. You win the prostitute by gambling. The

pick-up is your ride out to the brothel.

> with a prostitute, while gambling..

actually..nevada is a state full of surprises.....

I am surprised that Nevada does.

Geez, you can still legally ride in the bed of a pick-up truck here.

On the highway.

> 19 US states require all riders to have a helmet

most other states have some sort of law requiring helmet use fer

certain riders, generally younger then 18

only three states as far as i know have no helmet requirements...

Colorado, Illinois, and Iowa

Guest guest

Hi Jo

And to think that I looked up to you!

Where have all the good role models gone?

*sigh*

BB

Nikki ;-)

, " Jo Cwazy " <heartwork@c...> wrote:

> I don't think I have, not that I can remember. Peter may have a

better memory than me though. Ah yes - I did go into a local

orchard and pinch a couple of plums when I was a kid - and I

gathered some hens eggs from under a hedge when I was very little.

My mum told me off and made me take them back and apologise. The

farmer grinned a bit and patted me on the head - I was expecting him

to be as cross as my mum!

>

> Jo

> -

> fraggle

>

> Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:03 PM

> Re: River Phoenix

>

>

> so, you've never done ANYTING illegal?

> hmmm???

> you can tell me offline mum

> :)

>

> *shrug*

> i have no particular urge to shove needles in my arms(yet, i

like piercings..go figure), and any drug that just sorta makes you

vomit doesn't sound like much fun

> but..too each their own

>

> life without alcohol wouldn't really be much of a life fer

me.....

>

>

Guest guest

Not a conspirarcy, just a bunch of sick assholes that go around to the clubs

and enjoy dumping things in people's drinks to see what happens. They

usually target females but occasionally, usually because it is a whole group

and they didn't know whose drinks were whose, a male would get a drink full

of misc. garbage.

a very dear friend moved from No. CA to San Diego and went to what was

supposed to be a party of well educated people and she saw someone acting

weird around the the non-alcoholic punch. She got suspicious and followed

him to another room where he was disposing of a bottle. Several people

ended up in the hospital from that one and only survived because she saw it

happening and quickly responded and called both the cops and ambulances.

Lynda

-

Anouk Sickler <zurumato

> > Even without the alcohol, nightclubs in southern CA are reknown for

> stuff being dropped in drinks, be their alcoholic or otherwise. There

> were several such deaths in the months preceeding his death.

> >

> > Lynda

>

>

> are you saying his death was a conspiracy? That would be interesting.

>

> He was my age, all my friends were bummed out when he died.

> regardless of his flaws,

> he inspired me to think in vegan style, when I was in my late teens.

>

> He would write to the teen,twentysomethings, Magazines

> that we used to read and he would tell us that we didn't have to cut

> up frogs in class. He would give us the phone #'s of lawyers that we

> could call in if our school forced us to.

>

> despite his flaws, I thought he was real cool, because he was vegan

> way back, when it wasn't so popular (in hollywood).

>

>

>

>

To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

I liked what I heard of him, and although it is silly to take drugs, it

doesn't make him a bad person.

Jo

-

" Anouk Sickler " <zurumato

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 5:41 AM

> > Even without the alcohol, nightclubs in southern CA are reknown for

> stuff being dropped in drinks, be their alcoholic or otherwise. There

> were several such deaths in the months preceeding his death.

> >

> > Lynda

>

>

> are you saying his death was a conspiracy? That would be interesting.

>

> He was my age, all my friends were bummed out when he died.

> regardless of his flaws,

> he inspired me to think in vegan style, when I was in my late teens.

>

> He would write to the teen,twentysomethings, Magazines

> that we used to read and he would tell us that we didn't have to cut

> up frogs in class. He would give us the phone #'s of lawyers that we

> could call in if our school forced us to.

>

> despite his flaws, I thought he was real cool, because he was vegan

> way back, when it wasn't so popular (in hollywood).

>

>

>

>

To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

That's probably too much information Fraggle!

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 3:22 PM

Re: Re: River Phoenix

with a prostitute, while gambling..

actually..nevada is a state full of surprises..... sara Jun 8, 2005 7:17 AM Re: River Phoenix I am surprised that Nevada does.Geez, you can still legally ride in the bed of a pick-up truck here. On the highway. , fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:> 19 US states require all riders to have a helmetmost other states have some sort of law requiring helmet use fer certain riders, generally younger then 18only three states as far as i know have no helmet requirements...Colorado, Illinois, and IowaTo send an email to -

Guest guest

LOL - I know - it's disgraceful behaviour - will I ever live it down and

regain my good name?

BB

Jo

> And to think that I looked up to you!

>

> Where have all the good role models gone?

> *sigh*

>

> BB

> Nikki ;-)

>

> , " Jo Cwazy " <heartwork@c...> wrote:

> > I don't think I have, not that I can remember. Peter may have a

> better memory than me though. Ah yes - I did go into a local

> orchard and pinch a couple of plums when I was a kid - and I

> gathered some hens eggs from under a hedge when I was very little.

> My mum told me off and made me take them back and apologise. The

> farmer grinned a bit and patted me on the head - I was expecting him

> to be as cross as my mum!

> >

> > Jo

> > -

> > fraggle

> >

> > Tuesday, June 07, 2005 10:03 PM

> > Re: River Phoenix

> >

> >

> > so, you've never done ANYTING illegal?

> > hmmm???

> > you can tell me offline mum

> > :)

> >

> > *shrug*

> > i have no particular urge to shove needles in my arms(yet, i

> like piercings..go figure), and any drug that just sorta makes you

> vomit doesn't sound like much fun

> > but..too each their own

> >

> > life without alcohol wouldn't really be much of a life fer

> me.....