IndiaDivine.org

Andy Williams was a vegetarian?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I read in the Times on Saturday that long time crooner Andy Williams used to be a vegie, but gave it up on doctors orders as he had an ulcer and the doctor told him to eat meat?!?!?!?!

What the f*** is that all about. Can anyone explain that to me?

The Valley Vegan......Peter H

Messenger

NEW - crystal clear PC to PC

calling worldwide with voicemail

Guest guest

HI Peter - no I can't explain that one. He should have changed his doctor, as red meat is associated with an increased risk of stomach and bowel cancer - and if his intestines are not that healthy anyway, he shouldn't take extra chances.

Was it him who did Days of Wine and Roses?

Jo

I read in the Times on Saturday that long time crooner Andy Williams used to be a vegie, but gave it up on doctors orders as he had an ulcer and the doctor told him to eat meat?!?!?!?!

The Valley Vegan......

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail To send an email to -

Guest guest

I can explain it <g> One, he's a nut and always has been. He was first started back on meat because both he and his doc are obviously not up on modern science. The old standby for anemia (normal result of a bleeding ulcer, which he had) is to add red meat to the diet. NOW, nutritionists and doctors generally know that chelated iron pills or iron rich veggies do just as well or better.

In the second place, most folks who want to loose a mere 7 pounds simply increase the exercise or reduce the junk in the diet. A "good" doctor would have told him to reduce his beer intake (he's always been a reknown beer drinker) and to reduce his useless carb intake. Instead, they went with the "in" high protein diet.

Hey, dumb people come in all life styles. Add AW to the list of used to be vegies that are dumb.

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:14 AM

Re: Andy Williams was a vegetarian?

The Valley Vegan......

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Jo

> HI Peter - no I can't explain that one. He should have changed his

> doctor, as red meat is associated with an increased risk of stomach and

> bowel cancer - and if his intestines are not that healthy anyway, he

> shouldn't take extra chances.

What amazingly ironic timing... they've just announced this morning that

" studies have shown that red meat is linked to bowel cancer " .. well, I

suppose they had to catch up with the rest of the world at some time!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

I thought it was a strange coincidence too :-) Our beloved government

qualifies the research by saying that if you eat under two helpings of 4 oz

each a day meat is part of a healthy diet! So they are still trying to fool

the population to protect money interests.

BB

Jo

> What amazingly ironic timing... they've just announced this morning that

> " studies have shown that red meat is linked to bowel cancer " .. well, I

> suppose they had to catch up with the rest of the world at some time!

>

> BB

> Peter

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

The only song I know him for was Solitaire, and I wont own up to that in public.......

The Valley Vegan........Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

HI Peter - no I can't explain that one. He should have changed his doctor, as red meat is associated with an increased risk of stomach and bowel cancer - and if his intestines are not that healthy anyway, he shouldn't take extra chances.

Was it him who did Days of Wine and Roses?

Jo

The Valley Vegan......

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail To send an email to - To send an email to - Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Guest guest

Well he is an ancient monument isnt he? his doctor is probably an old fossil too!

The Valley Vegan......(not disclosing age)

Lynda <lurine wrote:

I can explain it <g> One, he's a nut and always has been. He was first started back on meat because both he and his doc are obviously not up on modern science. The old standby for anemia (normal result of a bleeding ulcer, which he had) is to add red meat to the diet. NOW, nutritionists and doctors generally know that chelated iron pills or iron rich veggies do just as well or better.

In the second place, most folks who want to loose a mere 7 pounds simply increase the exercise or reduce the junk in the diet. A "good" doctor would have told him to reduce his beer intake (he's always been a reknown beer drinker) and to reduce his useless carb intake. Instead, they went with the "in" high protein diet.

Hey, dumb people come in all life styles. Add AW to the list of used to be vegies that are dumb.

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 9:14 AM

Re: Andy Williams was a vegetarian?

The Valley Vegan......

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail To send an email to - To send an email to - Peter H

Messenger

NEW - crystal clear PC to PC

calling worldwide with voicemail