IndiaDivine.org

80s pop

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

There was Duran Duran, Ah Ha, Madness, UB40, Shaking Stevens, Human League, Adam Ant, Abba, Depeche Mode, Ultravox, Haircut 100, Foreigner, Shawaddywaddy, Boy George, Yazoo, Wham & Status Quo. That's not bad for pop.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:18 PM

Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Never was keen on Maiden,Priest, and thought nowt of Magnum. Black Sabbath?, well I`m old enough to remember the first album coming out, and they actually split in the 80`s, so I hold that against the 80`s also. I was thinking more in terms of pop music, once punk faded and we were left with a bunch of new romantics and such.....

The Valley Vegan..........Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

> Oh come on Jo, just look no further than British music in the 80`s, British politicians in the 80`s - those glorious Thatcher

> years ( very popular round here during the miners strikes).Makes Benny Hill seem fantastic.

And just what was so bad about British music in the 80s? Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Magnum, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, etc.

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail To send an email to -

Guest guest

Don't forget the cure, tears for fears, New Order, The smiths,Dead or

alive,Men at work, sting,pet shop boys and basically what was

happening in Manchester or underground london. I was a synthethizer

loving girl but I thought Metalheads boys were cute!

I used to to a magazine called Star Hits..those were the

good old days, however there are some good bands out there today.

just keep your Ears open.

I just bought a CD, by a band called The Mars Volta and they are

really good. I am also listening to Bebel Gilberto, which is the

daughtor of Joa Gilberto, for those of you who like Bossa Nova, it is

a really good cd.

, " Jo Cwazy " <heartwork@c...> wrote:

> There was Duran Duran, Ah Ha, Madness, UB40, Shaking Stevens, Human

League, Adam Ant, Abba, Depeche Mode, Ultravox, Haircut 100,

Foreigner, Shawaddywaddy, Boy George, Yazoo, Wham & Status Quo.

That's not bad for pop.

>

> Jo

> -

> peter hurd

>

> Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:18 PM

> Re: Re: North Wales holiday

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

> I just bought a CD, by a band called The Mars Volta and they are

> really good.

I thought their first CD was really good, but their second seems to have

lost it a bit - they've just gone for the wandery progressive, without

much real rock. Still, their first CD was excellent.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

*shudder*

can ya'll tell me when yer all done with this thread......

:) Anouk Sickler Jun 15, 2005 9:59 PM Re: 80s pop Don't forget the cure, tears for fears, New Order, The smiths,Dead or alive,Men at work, sting,pet shop boys and basically what was happening in Manchester or underground london. I was a synthethizer loving girl but I thought Metalheads boys were cute!I used to to a magazine called Star Hits..those were the good old days, however there are some good bands out there today.just keep your Ears open. I just bought a CD, by a band called The Mars Volta and they are really good. I am also listening to Bebel Gilberto, which is the daughtor of Joa Gilberto, for those of you who like Bossa Nova, it is a really good cd. , "Jo Cwazy" <heartwork@c...> wrote:> There was Duran Duran, Ah Ha, Madness, UB40, Shaking Stevens, Human League, Adam Ant, Abba, Depeche Mode, Ultravox, Haircut 100, Foreigner, Shawaddywaddy, Boy George, Yazoo, Wham & Status Quo. That's not bad for pop.> > Jo> - > peter hurd > > Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:18 PM> Re: Re: North Wales holidayTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Oh come on Jo,I can`t believe that you would stick up for that lot ( apart from Madness ), a bunch of pretty boys with too much make up ( sounds like a lot of Rock bands of that era also! Bon Jovi et all), Depech Mode hmm maybe, Ultravox went down hill as soon as John Foxx left an Midge Ure took over, and Status Quo never regained their heyday of the 70`s, Adam Ant - well he lost the plot big time, Shakin Stevens?!?!!?are you trying to goad me or what? I dont care if he is Welsh,tut,tut,tut.

The Valley Vegan..........Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

There was Duran Duran, Ah Ha, Madness, UB40, Shaking Stevens, Human League, Adam Ant, Abba, Depeche Mode, Ultravox, Haircut 100, Foreigner, Shawaddywaddy, Boy George, Yazoo, Wham & Status Quo. That's not bad for pop.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Never was keen on Maiden,Priest, and thought nowt of Magnum. Black Sabbath?, well I`m old enough to remember the first album coming out, and they actually split in the 80`s, so I hold that against the 80`s also. I was thinking more in terms of pop music, once punk faded and we were left with a bunch of new romantics and such.....

Hi Peter

> Oh come on Jo, just look no further than British music in the 80`s, British politicians in the 80`s - those glorious Thatcher

> years ( very popular round here during the miners strikes).Makes Benny Hill seem fantastic.

And just what was so bad about British music in the 80s? Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Magnum, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, etc.

BB

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail To send an email to - To send an email to - Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Guest guest

Yeah interesting stuff, the Mars Volta. The two wierd dudes with big habits sprung from the remnants of At The Drive In, whose track One Armed Scissor is a classic.

The Valley Vegan.......Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

Don't forget the cure, tears for fears, New Order, The smiths,Dead or alive,Men at work, sting,pet shop boys and basically what was happening in Manchester or underground london. I was a synthethizer loving girl but I thought Metalheads boys were cute!I used to to a magazine called Star Hits..those were the good old days, however there are some good bands out there today.just keep your Ears open. I just bought a CD, by a band called The Mars Volta and they are really good. I am also listening to Bebel Gilberto, which is the daughtor of Joa Gilberto, for those of you who like Bossa Nova, it is a really good cd. , "Jo Cwazy" wrote:> There was Duran Duran, Ah Ha, Madness, UB40, Shaking Stevens, Human League, Adam Ant, Abba, Depeche Mode, Ultravox, Haircut 100,

Foreigner, Shawaddywaddy, Boy George, Yazoo, Wham & Status Quo. That's not bad for pop.> > Jo> - > peter hurd > > Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:18 PM> Re: Re: North Wales holidayTo send an email to -

Guest guest

I'm not a pop fan, but I think they are pretty good for pop - when compared with Spice Girls, Destiny, Bros, Westlife etc. etc.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, June 18, 2005 2:54 PM

Re: 80s pop

Oh come on Jo,I can`t believe that you would stick up for that lot ( apart from Madness ), a bunch of pretty boys with too much make up ( sounds like a lot of Rock bands of that era also! Bon Jovi et all), Depech Mode hmm maybe, Ultravox went down hill as soon as John Foxx left an Midge Ure took over, and Status Quo never regained their heyday of the 70`s, Adam Ant - well he lost the plot big time, Shakin Stevens?!?!!?are you trying to goad me or what? I dont care if he is Welsh,tut,tut,tut.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Hi Peter

BB

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail To send an email to - To send an email to -

Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos To send an email to -

Guest guest

In 20 years time, they will all be a much of a muchness, and someone else will be having a simular conversation about this decade.

The Valley Vegan.......Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

I'm not a pop fan, but I think they are pretty good for pop - when compared with Spice Girls, Destiny, Bros, Westlife etc. etc.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Jo

-

peter hurd

Hi Peter

BB

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail To send an email to - To send an email to -

Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos To send an email to - To send an email to - Peter H

Messenger

NEW - crystal clear PC to PC

calling worldwide with voicemail

Guest guest

I suppose they will - but I won't have a clue because I haven't heard any pop for about six years now - not since TotalRock came on the scene :-)

Jo

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 5:36 PM

In 20 years time, they will all be a much of a muchness, and someone else will be having a simular conversation about this decade.

The Valley Vegan.......Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

peter hurd

Jo

-

peter hurd

Hi Peter

BB

Peter H

Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos To send an email to - To send an email to -

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail To send an email to -