IndiaDivine.org

really annoyed (rant warnin)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I came home today to get a letter from San Jose State saying I didn't get into their library science program because I didn't take the GRE. Now, this really shouldn't be a big deal because I've already enrolled in another school and am just waiting to get my financial aid, but I DID take the GRE and am really pissed that apparently San Jose never got my score. I've e-mailed both the school and the ETS about it, but come on! What if SJSU had been my first choice school or even the only school I applied to and now I wouldn't be admitted because of some asshole's clerical mistake? Yeah, the school sent me a letter a while back saying that they got my application and because my GPA was under 3.0 I needed to take the GRE. No where did they state they had not received my GRE scores, so I figured they just hadn't gotten there yet and ignored the letter. In hindsight that was probably a mistake, but, hey, I am trained as a lawyer - you need to be SPECIFIC with me. If they had said "Hey, we don't have your GRE scores yet, have you taken the test?" I would done something about it. But they way the letter was worded I thought they were just screwing around and wasting paper.

I'm just really stressed out because I'm not sure I'm going to get enough financial aid to actually go through with my plans and get it in time to move across two time zones. This is just aggravating me - there's really no price difference between being an out-of-state student in California and being an out-of-state student in Connecticut, but SJSU was my safety school and I'm just annoyed.

Sorry for the rant.

The good news is the new Harry Potter book also came in the mail today and I wasn't expecting it until at least Tuesday. So that's one good thing. Yay!

Anna Blaine

anna333

Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

Guest guest

Hi Anna

Sorry to hear you're so frustrated, but I have to admit, with all those acronyms, I haven't got the foggiest idea what you're talking about!!!

BB

Peter

-

Anna Blaine

Sunday, July 17, 2005 12:31 AM

I came home today to get a letter from San Jose State saying I didn't get into their library science program because I didn't take the GRE. Now, this really shouldn't be a big deal because I've already enrolled in another school and am just waiting to get my financial aid, but I DID take the GRE and am really pissed that apparently San Jose never got my score. I've e-mailed both the school and the ETS about it, but come on! What if SJSU had been my first choice school or even the only school I applied to and now I wouldn't be admitted because of some asshole's clerical mistake? Yeah, the school sent me a letter a while back saying that they got my application and because my GPA was under 3.0 I needed to take the GRE. No where did they state they had not received my GRE scores, so I figured they just hadn't gotten there yet and ignored the letter. In hindsight that was probably a mistake, but, hey, I am trained as a lawyer - you need to be SPECIFIC with me. If they had said "Hey, we don't have your GRE scores yet, have you taken the test?" I would done something about it. But they way the letter was worded I thought they were just screwing around and wasting paper.

I'm just really stressed out because I'm not sure I'm going to get enough financial aid to actually go through with my plans and get it in time to move across two time zones. This is just aggravating me - there's really no price difference between being an out-of-state student in California and being an out-of-state student in Connecticut, but SJSU was my safety school and I'm just annoyed.

Sorry for the rant.

The good news is the new Harry Potter book also came in the mail today and I wasn't expecting it until at least Tuesday. So that's one good thing. Yay!

Guest guest

Sorry, you were wrong, they weren't. As a lawyer you should know that you never ignore anything and that you never assume anything. If they said "you need to take the test," you should have responded with "I have taken the test. Did you not receive the results?"

Having worked in the registrar's office in one school and as the registrar in another, I can tell you that they have better things to do than send stuff out for the heck of it. If they send you a "take it" letter that is precisely what they mean.

For future reference, if a school sends you something, respond immediately.

Lynda

-

Anna Blaine

Saturday, July 16, 2005 4:31 PM

Sorry for the rant.

Anna Blaine

anna333

Guest guest

HI Anna

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope it gets sorted out and you manage to do what you want to.

Good luck

Jo

-

Anna Blaine

Sunday, July 17, 2005 12:31 AM

Sorry for the rant.

Anna Blaine

anna333