, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> sometimes i wish i was horribly wrong

>

You have thought a lot on these topics, based your reasoning on solid

facts. Accepting reality and being prepared greatly helps. Thanks for

being sincere and honest.

Here is another Fraggle Rules news:

The Defense Department quietly asked Congress on Monday to raise the

maximum age for military recruits to 42 for all branches of the service.

Under current law, the maximum age to enlist in the active components

is 35, while people up to age 39 may enlist in the reserves. By

practice, the accepted age for recruits is 27 for the Air Force, 28

for the Marine Corps and 34 for the Navy and Army, although the Army

Reserve and Navy Reserve sometimes take people up to age 39 in some

specialties.

Reading the full article for all is suggested at:

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1-292925-983408.php

Guest guest

If I had even a quarter for how many times I've said that after Alfred E.

Newman's evil doppleganger was placed in the white house, I'd be rich. And

the second time around I kept telling folks, pay attention, he is going to

use the war and the old " can't change horses in the middle of the stream "

scare tactics.

~~sigh~~ What's a body to do?

Lynda

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:04 PM

Re: Re: The Saudi Oil Bombshell

> sometimes i wish i was horribly wrong

>

>

> rvijay <rvijay07

> Jul 20, 2005 8:29 PM

>

> Re: The Saudi Oil Bombshell

>

> , " rvijay " <rvijay07@m...> wrote:

> > http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/GF29Ak01.html

>

> This again falls in the Fraggle Rules Category

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Being newly aware of this (sorry, I finally just HAD to creep out from under my rock, but wish I woulda much sooner...) energy problem. What are good alternatives? The new hybred cars will reduce gas consumption, but obviously not eliminate it. I thought I heard that a new hydrogen car was released, but haven't heard anything else, so perhaps it was just in my dreams. Of course, cars are only a small nick in the bucket.

Jonniefraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

sometimes i wish i was horribly wrongrvijay <rvijay07Jul 20, 2005 8:29 PM Subject: Re: The Saudi Oil Bombshell , "rvijay" <rvijay07@m...> wrote:> http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/GF29Ak01.htmlThis again falls in the Fraggle Rules CategoryTo send an email to -

Guest guest

You can take *any* diesel and convert to biodiesel which is non-polluting. The hydrogen cell cars are still in their infancy and aren't really available to the general public. Lots of work on the hydrogen cell was done at the university a few miles from our old house. They also did a lot of work on solar powered vehicles. Those however are strickly "around town" at this time and one passenger. Kind of take the place of scooters or mopeds.

We could have all the biodiesel we need if it wasn't for the phobia that Hearst created over hemp. But that is a whole other story <g>

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Friday, July 22, 2005 10:25 AM

Re: Re: The Saudi Oil Bombshell

Being newly aware of this (sorry, I finally just HAD to creep out from under my rock, but wish I woulda much sooner...) energy problem. What are good alternatives? The new hybred cars will reduce gas consumption, but obviously not eliminate it. I thought I heard that a new hydrogen car was released, but haven't heard anything else, so perhaps it was just in my dreams. Of course, cars are only a small nick in the bucket.

Jonniefraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

sometimes i wish i was horribly wrongrvijay <rvijay07Jul 20, 2005 8:29 PM Subject: Re: The Saudi Oil Bombshell , "rvijay" <rvijay07@m...> wrote:> http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/GF29Ak01.htmlThis again falls in the Fraggle Rules CategoryTo send an email to -

Guest guest

the only problem with bio diesel on a mass scale is

that there just isn't enough farm land...well there would be if we all went Vegan

but... I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Biodiesel should be used I agree but it will never be able to replace gasoline driven vehicles

sad but true

Craig

The Saudi Oil Bombshell

You can take *any* diesel and convert to biodiesel which is non-polluting. The hydrogen cell cars are still in their infancy and aren't really available to the general public. Lots of work on the hydrogen cell was done at the university a few miles from our old house. They also did a lot of work on solar powered vehicles. Those however are strickly "around town" at this time and one passenger. Kind of take the place of scooters or mopeds.

We could have all the biodiesel we need if it wasn't for the phobia that Hearst created over hemp. But that is a whole other story <g>

Lynda

Guest guest

That is a myth put forth by the oil industry. Growing for biodiesel is far more acre output productive than a lot of what is grown now. Hemp is an excellent example of what could be grown, is more productive AND more ecologically friendly than current products.

Further, it would also relieve the landfill problem with millions of gallons of restaurant oils that are disposed of each year.

And, in the U.S. if all those acres that are currently not in production because the farmers are being paid to not grow this that and the other thing were put into production there would be that many more acres.

Lynda

-

Craig Dearth

Saturday, July 23, 2005 5:15 PM

RE: Re: The Saudi Oil Bombshell

that there just isn't enough farm land...well there would be if we all went Vegan

Biodiesel should be used I agree but it will never be able to replace gasoline driven vehicles

sad but true

Craig

The Saudi Oil Bombshell

Lynda

Guest guest

Lynda,

That information comes from Greenpeace not oil companies

Bio Diesel can play its part no doubt and should be the way we depose of the surplus oil from restaurants

but if every car in the world that is running on Gasoline and diesel were to convert we would have to double the farm land

in order to accommodate..

Craig

On Behalf Of LyndaSunday, July 24, 2005 10:59 AM Subject: Re: Re: The Saudi Oil Bombshell

That is a myth put forth by the oil industry. Growing for biodiesel is far more acre output productive than a lot of what is grown now. Hemp is an excellent example of what could be grown, is more productive AND more ecologically friendly than current products.

Further, it would also relieve the landfill problem with millions of gallons of restaurant oils that are disposed of each year.

And, in the U.S. if all those acres that are currently not in production because the farmers are being paid to not grow this that and the other thing were put into production there would be that many more acres.

Lynda

-

Craig Dearth

Saturday, July 23, 2005 5:15 PM

sad but true

Craig

The Saudi Oil Bombshell

Lynda

Guest guest

Part of the future eco planning is to get as many cars as possible off the road. Get the trucks off the road and use more rail.

All the soccer moms don't need to run around every single day of the week. Every teenager doesn't *need* a car to spend the day diddling around in. Folks need to learn to plan and be economical with their vehicle useage.

Very strange that Greenpeace would be putting out negative info on bio-diesel at the same time they are calling for various governments to make funds available for the start up of bio-diesel stations and for farmers to convert to production of hemp, rapeseed, sunflower, soy, etc.

Germany has quite a few stations that sell it. The U.S. is starting to set up quite a few. England seems to be lagging behind.

Do you have a link to the info from Greenpeace?

Lynda

-

Craig Dearth

Sunday, July 24, 2005 9:49 PM

Lynda,

Bio Diesel can play its part no doubt and should be the way we depose of the surplus oil from restaurants

but if every car in the world that is running on Gasoline and diesel were to convert we would have to double the farm land

Craig

Guest guest

the problem isn't so much the west changing it's way (although that is the root of the problem)

the current problem lies in the increasing meat consumption, India & China.

meat consumption takes at least 40% of the oil produced

India and china together have 2.5 billion people and until now about 1 car to every 10,000

but that is changing rapidly..

there is also a marked increase in meat consumption in china as well..

but I see that as a positive thing in the long term because it will force the west

to ween off fossil fuels. although it won't last long

Lynda let me make myself clear there is no problem with bio diesel except that we can not make enough at present

because of other bad habits.(meat etc)

maybe with a combination of Bio diesel, hydrogen, Hybrid cars, and solar powered vehicles we can

continue as we are now because you hit on a very important issue by cutting back... well the main

problem is all us poor people that do that and go through hardships so that there will be plenty for the Rich

I for one would like us to come up with a solution that allows us to have our cake and eat it too

many of the luxuries we all love need to be sustainable so lets the lights on all night just make sure the energy comes from the sun not from burning some other fuel. lets drive our cars but make sure that for every mile we drive we can replace the fuel that we used to drive that mile....sigh....

now... how do we do that so that the majority are happy and no one has to suffer???

all the best

Craig

The Saudi Oil Bombshell

Part of the future eco planning is to get as many cars as possible off the road. Get the trucks off the road and use more rail.

All the soccer moms don't need to run around every single day of the week. Every teenager doesn't *need* a car to spend the day diddling around in. Folks need to learn to plan and be economical with their vehicle useage.

Very strange that Greenpeace would be putting out negative info on bio-diesel at the same time they are calling for various governments to make funds available for the start up of bio-diesel stations and for farmers to convert to production of hemp, rapeseed, sunflower, soy, etc.

Germany has quite a few stations that sell it. The U.S. is starting to set up quite a few. England seems to be lagging behind.

Do you have a link to the info from Greenpeace?

Lynda

-

Craig Dearth

Sunday, July 24, 2005 9:49 PM

Lynda,

Craig

Guest guest

The UK is lagging behind. Some people have even been prosecuted for

using it - after all the government wants its 70p per litre tax or

whatever amount it is.

Greenpeace are a strange body. Some of what they do is good, and

some I don't agree with.

Jo

, " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> Part of the future eco planning is to get as many cars as possible

off the road. Get the trucks off the road and use more rail.

>

> All the soccer moms don't need to run around every single day of

the week. Every teenager doesn't *need* a car to spend the day

diddling around in. Folks need to learn to plan and be economical

with their vehicle useage.

>

> Very strange that Greenpeace would be putting out negative info on

bio-diesel at the same time they are calling for various governments

to make funds available for the start up of bio-diesel stations and

for farmers to convert to production of hemp, rapeseed, sunflower,

soy, etc.

>

> Germany has quite a few stations that sell it. The U.S. is

starting to set up quite a few. England seems to be lagging behind.

>

> Do you have a link to the info from Greenpeace?

>

> Lynda

> -

> Craig Dearth

>

> Sunday, July 24, 2005 9:49 PM

> RE: Re: The Saudi Oil Bombshell

>

>

> Lynda,

>

> That information comes from Greenpeace not oil companies