IndiaDivine.org

Deadly heat wave causes more misery across U.S.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I pointed out to my husband this morning that it's very interesting that there are 24 heat related deaths in Phoenix, but only one each in Tempe & Mesa. I'm not sure why that would be, given that they are just as hot as we are. The other surprising thing is that many of the people who died are elderly people who weren't using their cooler or air conditioning for some reason. My air condioners run year round and those people who turn them off during the winter, turned them on in April.

Jonniervijay <rvijay07 wrote:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1122331247137_15/?hub=TopStoriesDo You ?

Guest guest

Hi Jonnie

What are the temperatures in Texas at the moment?

Over the last few years that have been thousands of deaths due to the

heat in Europe - mainly France. Maybe that's because we don't

generally have air-conditioning here - don't usually need it. It is

usually the older people the heat kills off.

It is interesting to note the differences between places though - I

wonder what some people are doing that others aren't?

Jo

, Jonnie Hellens

<jonnie_hellens> wrote:

> I pointed out to my husband this morning that it's very interesting

that there are 24 heat related deaths in Phoenix, but only one each

in Tempe & Mesa. I'm not sure why that would be, given that they are

just as hot as we are. The other surprising thing is that many of

the people who died are elderly people who weren't using their cooler

or air conditioning for some reason. My air condioners run year

round and those people who turn them off during the winter, turned

them on in April.

>

> Jonnie

>

> rvijay <rvijay07@m...> wrote:

>

>

>

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1122331247137_15/?

hub=TopStories

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I understand that at least one of those folks didn't turn it on because they couldn't afford the cost. If the other folks were on a fixed income, that could also be the cause.

Also, one's thinking isn't clear if one is suffering from dehydration. Dehydration isn't something most folks are aware is happening too them until it is too late.

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 1:15 PM

Re: Deadly heat wave causes more misery across U.S.

I pointed out to my husband this morning that it's very interesting that there are 24 heat related deaths in Phoenix, but only one each in Tempe & Mesa. I'm not sure why that would be, given that they are just as hot as we are. The other surprising thing is that many of the people who died are elderly people who weren't using their cooler or air conditioning for some reason. My air condioners run year round and those people who turn them off during the winter, turned them on in April.

Jonniervijay <rvijay07 wrote:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1122331247137_15/?hub=TopStories

Guest guest

Hi Jo!

Actually, I'm in Phoenix, Arizona. Right now it's 11 am, 96 degrees with 32% humidy. The high today is expected to be 110 and the low 87. Too toasty!

Jonnieheartwerk <heartwork wrote:

Hi JonnieWhat are the temperatures in Texas at the moment?Over the last few years that have been thousands of deaths due to the heat in Europe - mainly France. Maybe that's because we don't generally have air-conditioning here - don't usually need it. It is usually the older people the heat kills off. It is interesting to note the differences between places though - I wonder what some people are doing that others aren't?Jo , Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens> wrote:> I pointed out to my husband this morning that it's very interesting that there are 24 heat related deaths in Phoenix, but only one each in Tempe & Mesa. I'm not sure why that would be, given that they are just as hot as we are. The other surprising thing is that many

of the people who died are elderly people who weren't using their cooler or air conditioning for some reason. My air condioners run year round and those people who turn them off during the winter, turned them on in April.> > Jonnie> > rvijay <rvijay07@m...> wrote:> > > http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1122331247137_15/?hub=TopStories> > > > > To send an email to - > > > >

Guest guest

That is definitely too toasty. The humidity isn't bad though - ours is 84 today!!!

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 7:01 PM

Re: Re: Deadly heat wave causes more misery across U.S.

Hi Jo!

Actually, I'm in Phoenix, Arizona. Right now it's 11 am, 96 degrees with 32% humidy. The high today is expected to be 110 and the low 87. Too toasty!

Hi JonnieWhat are the temperatures in Texas at the moment?Over the last few years that have been thousands of deaths due to the heat in Europe - mainly France. Maybe that's because we don't generally have air-conditioning here - don't usually need it. It is usually the older people the heat kills off. It is interesting to note the differences between places though - I wonder what some people are doing that others aren't?Jo , Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens> wrote:> I pointed out to my husband this morning that it's very interesting that there are 24 heat related deaths in Phoenix, but only one each in Tempe & Mesa. I'm not sure why that would be, given that they are just as hot as we are. The other surprising thing is that many of the people who died are elderly people who weren't using their cooler or air conditioning for some reason. My air condioners run year round and those people who turn them off during the winter, turned them on in April.> > Jonnie> > rvijay <rvijay07@m...> wrote:> > > http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1122331247137_15/?hub=TopStories> > > > > To send an email to - > > > >

Guest guest

Ugh! What's the temp?

JonnieJo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

That is definitely too toasty. The humidity isn't bad though - ours is 84 today!!!

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Hi Jo!

Hi JonnieWhat are the temperatures in Texas at the moment?Over the last few years that have been thousands of deaths due to the heat in Europe - mainly France. Maybe that's because we don't generally have air-conditioning here - don't usually need it. It is usually the older people the heat kills off. It is interesting to note the differences between places though - I wonder what some people are doing that others aren't?Jo , Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens> wrote:> I pointed out to my husband this morning that it's very interesting that there are 24 heat related deaths in Phoenix, but only one each in Tempe & Mesa. I'm not sure why that would be, given that they are just as hot as we are. The other surprising thing is that many

of the people who died are elderly people who weren't using their cooler or air conditioning for some reason. My air condioners run year round and those people who turn them off during the winter, turned them on in April.> > Jonnie> > rvijay <rvijay07@m...> wrote:> > > http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1122331247137_15/?hub=TopStories> > > > > To send an email to - > > > >

Guest guest

The temperature was 70 degrees - which was okay by me.

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 9:17 PM

Ugh! What's the temp?

JonnieJo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Hi Jo!

Hi JonnieWhat are the temperatures in Texas at the moment?Over the last few years that have been thousands of deaths due to the heat in Europe - mainly France. Maybe that's because we don't generally have air-conditioning here - don't usually need it. It is usually the older people the heat kills off. It is interesting to note the differences between places though - I wonder what some people are doing that others aren't?Jo , Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens> wrote:> I pointed out to my husband this morning that it's very interesting that there are 24 heat related deaths in Phoenix, but only one each in Tempe & Mesa. I'm not sure why that would be, given that they are just as hot as we are. The other surprising thing is that many of the people who died are elderly people who weren't using their cooler or air conditioning for some reason. My air condioners run year round and those people who turn them off during the winter, turned them on in April.> > Jonnie> > rvijay <rvijay07@m...> wrote:> > > http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1122331247137_15/?hub=TopStories> > > > > To send an email to - > > > >