IndiaDivine.org

searched

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

i am spending the summer at my mom's apartment in manhattan,

and on my way to visit my cousin in long island,(a two hour train

ride) as I was about to enter the train, some cop stopped me.

all I had was my backpack on my back.

they made me take out all of the contents that were inside and put

them on the floor until it was empty.

they didn't even have a table, even my bloomers where on the floor

for all to see.

the train left without me, i took the next one 45 minutes later.

is this silly?

meanwhile, the week after that I went woodstock, ny to visit my

mother in law.

on my way back to nyc, I took a two hour bus back into 42nd street.

on this bus, which went trough the lincoln tunnel,

all kinds of weird people got on it and the bottom compartment was

full of strange black bags and suitcases

the old man who was driving it never searched anyone. there's a bus

like this every hour.

this doesn't make sense. why did they search me and not more

suspicious folks.

just ranting.

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

It is silly and very annoying, especially as you had to put your

underclothes on the dirty ground!

We were used to being searched in London due to the IRA, and the

concert venues kept it up and still go through your bags/pockets.

Jo

, " Anouk Sickler " <zurumato@e...>

wrote:

> i am spending the summer at my mom's apartment in manhattan,

> and on my way to visit my cousin in long island,(a two hour train

> ride) as I was about to enter the train, some cop stopped me.

>

> all I had was my backpack on my back.

> they made me take out all of the contents that were inside and put

> them on the floor until it was empty.

> they didn't even have a table, even my bloomers where on the floor

> for all to see.

>

> the train left without me, i took the next one 45 minutes later.

>

> is this silly?

>

> meanwhile, the week after that I went woodstock, ny to visit my

> mother in law.

> on my way back to nyc, I took a two hour bus back into 42nd street.

> on this bus, which went trough the lincoln tunnel,

> all kinds of weird people got on it and the bottom compartment was

> full of strange black bags and suitcases

> the old man who was driving it never searched anyone. there's a bus

> like this every hour.

>

> this doesn't make sense. why did they search me and not more

> suspicious folks.

>

> just ranting.

Guest guest

When I went to the State Dept to pay my monthly taxes, I had to put my fanny pack on a table to be searched and walk thru a security device. I assumed everyone did. Then while we were waiting in line to pay, someone went thru setting the device off. He was waved thru, but the guy after him set it off and he was wanted and searched. I guess a white middled aged women and a middle aged Indian guy look much more suspicious than a young Asian guy?

We heard on the news this morning about the searches and how everyone was co-operating, like there's a choice. I immediately wondered if they were using profiling to choose the people to search?

Jonnieheartwerk <heartwork wrote:

Hi AnoukIt is silly and very annoying, especially as you had to put your underclothes on the dirty ground!We were used to being searched in London due to the IRA, and the concert venues kept it up and still go through your bags/pockets.Jo , "Anouk Sickler" <zurumato@e...> wrote:> i am spending the summer at my mom's apartment in manhattan,> and on my way to visit my cousin in long island,(a two hour train > ride) as I was about to enter the train, some cop stopped me.> > all I had was my backpack on my back. > they made me take out all of the contents that were inside and put > them on the floor until it was empty.> they didn't even have a table, even my bloomers where on the floor > for all to see. > > the train left

without me, i took the next one 45 minutes later.> > is this silly?> > meanwhile, the week after that I went woodstock, ny to visit my > mother in law.> on my way back to nyc, I took a two hour bus back into 42nd street. > on this bus, which went trough the lincoln tunnel, > all kinds of weird people got on it and the bottom compartment was > full of strange black bags and suitcases > the old man who was driving it never searched anyone. there's a bus > like this every hour.> > this doesn't make sense. why did they search me and not more > suspicious folks. > > just ranting.

Start your day with - make it your home page

Guest guest

Hi Jonnie

> We heard on the news this morning about the searches and how everyone was co-operating, like there's a choice. I

> immediately wondered if they were using profiling to choose the people to search?

They certainly seem to do that in the UK... when I used to have long hair, I was stopped several times by the police just while driving. Since I've cut my hair, and now look like a fairly regular person, I don't get stopped at all.... even when driving and walking through rows of police lines at the G8 this year, I wasn't stopped and searched once, which seemed strange as they were stopping about 80% of the people! But I think it is all to do with how you look.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

this would never happen today

but...

years ago, on our return from Europe...we were going thru customs..

and, this guy in a suit..with his little briefcase..kept looking at us...

he pointed us out to the guy behind him in line(who just shrugged) and was

smirkin at us and pointing and all that

so..we get up to the front..and the customs agent just waves us thru...

look over..and they have him pulled over to the side, and are going thru

everything on him..

he is just SCOWLING at us as we walk out

ah...justice sometimes does work in mysterious ways

then of course, right after the WTC event, we had to pick up some friends at the

airport..and we got followed everywhere by machine gun toting National

Guardsmen..even to the bathroom...should have asked em to wipe fer me....

they had em on the bridges as well..guns and camo

ooooo...thats brilliant..damn, yer damn near invisible there in yer camo on the

iron bridge

wheeee

" God was my co-pilot, but we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat him. "

Guest guest

I was a witness at a trial at the Federal Court house in SF. We had to go through the whole search thing. DH had one of those fancy knife contraptions and was told he would have to leave it with the marshalls. When we finished with the trial and came back to get his stuff, it had "disappeared." Did I mention that Eldest son gave it to him for Christmas and the things cost about $50?

Sooo, when we got home, I called the Marshall's Office and asked them to do a search. Their answer. Your husband must have misplaced it.

I was fuming. I said to the idiot "I guess one of the marshall's decided he needed it more than my husband does" and slammed the phone in his ear!

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Thursday, July 28, 2005 10:03 AM

Re: Re: searched

When I went to the State Dept to pay my monthly taxes, I had to put my fanny pack on a table to be searched and walk thru a security device. I assumed everyone did. Then while we were waiting in line to pay, someone went thru setting the device off. He was waved thru, but the guy after him set it off and he was wanted and searched. I guess a white middled aged women and a middle aged Indian guy look much more suspicious than a young Asian guy?

We heard on the news this morning about the searches and how everyone was co-operating, like there's a choice. I immediately wondered if they were using profiling to choose the people to search?

Jonnieheartwerk <heartwork wrote:

Hi AnoukIt is silly and very annoying, especially as you had to put your underclothes on the dirty ground!We were used to being searched in London due to the IRA, and the concert venues kept it up and still go through your bags/pockets.Jo , "Anouk Sickler" <zurumato@e...> wrote:> i am spending the summer at my mom's apartment in manhattan,> and on my way to visit my cousin in long island,(a two hour train > ride) as I was about to enter the train, some cop stopped me.> > all I had was my backpack on my back. > they made me take out all of the contents that were inside and put > them on the floor until it was empty.> they didn't even have a table, even my bloomers where on the floor > for all to see. > > the tra in left without me, i took the next one 45 minutes later.> > is this silly?> > meanwhile, the week after that I went woodstock, ny to visit my > mother in law.> on my way back to nyc, I took a two hour bus back into 42nd street. > on this bus, which went trough the lincoln tunnel, > all kinds of weird people got on it and the bottom compartment was > full of strange black bags and suitcases > the old man who was driving it never searched anyone. there's a bus > like this every hour.> > this doesn't make sense. why did they search me and not more > suspicious folks. > > just ranting.

Guest guest

I remember we were stopped three times in two months when you had long

hair, and Laura's boyfriend had long hair. I remember thinking 'not

again'!

BB

Jo

, " Peter " <metalscarab@c...> wrote:

> Hi Jonnie

>

> > We heard on the news this morning about the searches and how

everyone was co-operating, like there's a choice. I

> > immediately wondered if they were using profiling to choose the

people to search?

>

> They certainly seem to do that in the UK... when I used to have long

hair, I was stopped several times by the police just while driving.

Since I've cut my hair, and now look like a fairly regular person, I

don't get stopped at all.... even when driving and walking through

rows of police lines at the G8 this year, I wasn't stopped and

searched once, which seemed strange as they were stopping about 80% of

the people! But I think it is all to do with how you look.

>

> BB

> Peter

Guest guest

Hey now Peter, you don't mean to imply I don't look respectable?! After all, I am a business owner. :]

JonniePeter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Jonnie

> We heard on the news this morning about the searches and how everyone was co-operating, like there's a choice. I

> immediately wondered if they were using profiling to choose the people to search?

They certainly seem to do that in the UK... when I used to have long hair, I was stopped several times by the police just while driving. Since I've cut my hair, and now look like a fairly regular person, I don't get stopped at all.... even when driving and walking through rows of police lines at the G8 this year, I wasn't stopped and searched once, which seemed strange as they were stopping about 80% of the people! But I think it is all to do with how you look.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hopefully they decided to do a cavity search, huh? :)

Jonniefraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

this would never happen todaybut...years ago, on our return from Europe...we were going thru customs..and, this guy in a suit..with his little briefcase..kept looking at us...he pointed us out to the guy behind him in line(who just shrugged) and was smirkin at us and pointing and all thatso..we get up to the front..and the customs agent just waves us thru...look over..and they have him pulled over to the side, and are going thru everything on him..he is just SCOWLING at us as we walk outah...justice sometimes does work in mysterious waysthen of course, right after the WTC event, we had to pick up some friends at the airport..and we got followed everywhere by machine gun toting National Guardsmen..even to the bathroom...should have asked em to wipe fer me....they had em on the bridges as well..guns and camoooooo...thats

brilliant..damn, yer damn near invisible there in yer camo on the iron bridgewheeee"God was my co-pilot, but we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat him."

Mail - You care about security. So do we.

Guest guest

ohhhh...the stories i could tell about getting stopped and searched.... Peter Jul 28, 2005 10:33 AM Re: Re: searched

Hi Jonnie

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

Guest guest

My fav is getting stopped, harassed and hauled off to jail. Why? Because the retard couldn't spell my last name and when I asked if he was spelling it correctly he came unhinged.

I refused to pay the fine and demanded my day in court. I also told them I wanted a jury trial AND the cop present! The judge asked why? Then told the DA to "Get him here NOW!"

Sat in the back of the court and waited. Mr. Spelling Ace comes into court. We get into what happened and the judge demanded his superior officer come in and then demanded he be suspended for take up my time and the court's time because he was to hide bound to answer my question and then qet the spelling right.

TeeHee! He was suspended withOUT pay for two weeks!

Yipee!!!!

Lynda

-

fraggle

Friday, July 29, 2005 11:42 AM

ohhhh...the stories i could tell about getting stopped and searched.... Peter Jul 28, 2005 10:33 AM Re: Re: searched

Hi Jonnie

BB

Guest guest

Hi Jonnie

> Hey now Peter, you don't mean to imply I don't look respectable?! After all, I am a business owner. :]

It was intended as a compliment :-) There's no fun in being respectable :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Ahhhh (light bulb above head...) One day quite a while ago, I was dressed up a little more than I usually am (given that I'm the labor part of our hubby-wife team) and a customer complained they didn't want to come to our store anymore if we going to get all high fallutin' on him!Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Jonnie

> Hey now Peter, you don't mean to imply I don't look respectable?! After all, I am a business owner. :]

It was intended as a compliment :-) There's no fun in being respectable :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

So I should think - well done Lynda.

Jo

-

Lynda

Friday, July 29, 2005 10:32 PM

My fav is getting stopped, harassed and hauled off to jail. Why? Because the retard couldn't spell my last name and when I asked if he was spelling it correctly he came unhinged.

I refused to pay the fine and demanded my day in court. I also told them I wanted a jury trial AND the cop present! The judge asked why? Then told the DA to "Get him here NOW!"

Sat in the back of the court and waited. Mr. Spelling Ace comes into court. We get into what happened and the judge demanded his superior officer come in and then demanded he be suspended for take up my time and the court's time because he was to hide bound to answer my question and then qet the spelling right.

TeeHee! He was suspended withOUT pay for two weeks!

Yipee!!!!

Lynda

-

fraggle

Friday, July 29, 2005 11:42 AM

Hi Jonnie

BB