IndiaDivine.org

RE: Toffuti Bad News for Sweet Tooth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Green & Blacks sold out to Cadbury as well...................shit happens I suppose.

The Valley Vegan......Michael Benis <michael.benis wrote:

Ice creams: Tofutti and Swedish Glace (I think that's what the firm's called- Sweden's in there somewhere anyway).

Let me know if you can't find the mayonnaise and I'll give you a recipe that's very easy to make in a blender - that's how we all used to have to do it before the stuff came out on the market. I used to be addicted to coleslaw so it was very important.....:-)

Cheers

Mike

On Behalf Of DragonSpiritHealer30 July 2005 20:58 Subject: Re: Introduction

Peter,

How about Draggy? That is a shorter name I use. I am just very careful about using my real name on-line. That is why I have two accounts so that I can access different things without worrying about people knowing me.

Thanks for encouraging questions, I do have many. But I am trying to go slow and get a feel for the group before just jumping in. I did get the book Becoming Vegan from my library but have not had a chance to read it yet. I hope to start it this week.

I had fun shopping at the local Kroger yesterday. I went without my partner and ended up getting lots of stuff. I was only going for bread, but came home with fresh veggies, soy milk (partner did not like that), soy margarine (that does not taste bad at all), veggie burgers, and other stuff all of which was vegan or animal product free. However, I was not able to find vegan mayonnaise. I am not sure where to find that. My partner is not sure she will like the vegan stuff, even when I told her about cheese alternatives that I found. Right now we are using up the cheese & yogurt stuff in the house. I am not going to push her into anything.

I am also in an area where there are absolutely no vegetarian places to eat, so when eating out I will most likely end up being vegetarian instead of vegan. But if I am vegan at home as much as I can, that is at least a start. And also a nice balance. I do not want to cause problems with the partner if I don't have to. So we are finding a balance as we go.

The saddest part is no more ice cream once the one in the freezer is finished. Is there a vegan alternative to chocolate chip ice cream? What about yogurt? Is there a soy alternative? I have not found one locally. I am in Illinois in a small farming community so I was surprised to find what I have so far.

Thanks, and any ideas or info will be appreciated from anyone.

Blessings,

Draggy

peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Welcome Dragonspirithealer ? ( come on you must have a more user friendly typing name than that?!)

Welcome to the group, ask any questions you like regarding our lifesty;e, we have a couple of fonts of all knowledge and a lot of experiance on here so feel free. From whence do you hail?

Glad to here that you are questioning where food comes from and its production/consequences, something that I think more children should be taught at school - might also have a bearing on their spirituality as well.

As well as dairy products dont forget that honey is taboo ( unless you can train bees to deliver it to you that is), as a lot of bees are killed in its production, as with silk.

Best wishes

The Valley Vegan......

DragonSpiritHealer <dragonspirithealer wrote:

Greetings All, I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to this group. Since I am not sure what you might want to know, I will keep it simple. I am 38 years old, in a committed relationship of 13 yrs., and newly turned vegetarian (3 months). I am interested in possibly going vegan and thought this might be a good group to try to get more info. My partner is not so sure about the idea of going vegan, but will let me explore it if I want. I am college educated with concentrations or degrees in Fine Arts - AA, Religion - BA, Mental Health - concentration, Theology/Ethics 21 hr Masters Certificate, Web Technologies/Computers concentration and a MA in Teaching - Elementary Ed. and looking for a teaching job as we speak.

I went vegetarian because I was tired of getting sick every time I ate meat. I am not now nor have I ever been a health nut. I need to exercise and loose weight, but am working on liking myself for who I am. I am finding it not that hard at all to be vegetarian and after contemplating what animals go through to provide milk, cheese, and eggs, I am not sure if I really want to keep eating these products. I have also been reading a lot of Buddhist texts and that is also pushing me towards the possibility of going vegan. I am also non-traditional in my faith, which also lends towards a more vegetarian/vegan lifestyle as well.

I hope this is enough for an into. I hope to get to know more about veganism through this list.

Blessings,

Dragonspirithealer

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

> Green & Blacks sold out to Cadbury as well...................shit happens I suppose.

Is this a new development? I can find nothing about Cadburys at all on either the wrappers, or on their website!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

I've looked too and cannot find any connection.

Jo

-

Peter

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 6:16 PM

Re: Toffuti Bad News for Sweet Tooth

Hi Peter

> Green & Blacks sold out to Cadbury as well...................shit happens I suppose.

Is this a new development? I can find nothing about Cadburys at all on either the wrappers, or on their website!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4543583.stm

-

Peter

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 10:16 AM

Hi Peter

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Thanks Lynda - that's a shame :-(

Jo

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4543583.stm

-

Peter

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 10:16 AM

Hi Peter

BB

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Green & Blacks web site, it is a recent developement see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4543583.stmPeter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

BB

PeterPeter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos