IndiaDivine.org

flaxseed oil/nausea

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all,

After years of unsuccessfully treating my mental illness through conventional Western medicine I have decided to try another approach. Among, other things, I bought a bottle of flaxseed oil and have been taking it as prescribed by a naturopath, but have been having trouble with it. I either throw it up immediately after taking it, or if I manage to keep it down, I'm nauseous for about a half hour afterwards. I'm not sure why - it doesn't taste THAT bad. I took it immediately before doing my yoga this morning and had to eliminate my inverted poses because I thought I was going to vomit again. I've tried taking it on an emtpy stomach and I've tried it with food, but the same always results.

Any ideas?

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

Guest guest

Anna

Why not try ground flaxseeds instead? They are a whole food, with fiber and other nutrients that may prevent you from wanting to vomit.

You can add ground flax seeds to salads, soups, shakes. I like to take mine in a "flax seed tea". I put in a T of ground flax seeds, add warmish/hot water, add a little sweetener and have a nice before bed drink.

Kristina

In a message dated 8/6/05 12:42:18 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

Message: 18 Fri, 5 Aug 2005 22:14:37 -0600 "Anna Blaine" <anna333flaxseed oil/nauseaHi all,After years of unsuccessfully treating my mental illness through conventional Western medicine I have decided to try another approach. Among, other things, I bought a bottle of flaxseed oil and have been taking it as prescribed by a naturopath, but have been having trouble with it. I either throw it up immediately after taking it, or if I manage to keep it down, I'm nauseous for about a half hour afterwards. I'm not sure why - it doesn't taste THAT bad. I took it immediately before doing my yoga this morning and had to eliminate my inverted poses because I thought I was going to vomit again. I've tried taking it on an emtpy stomach and I've tried it with food, but the same always results.Any ideas?Love,AnnaAnna Blaineanna333Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.[This message contained attachments]

Guest guest

If flax seeds cause so many problems, why bother persevering? You can get perfectly good Omega 3s from help seed oil or hemp seeds - with lees worry about overdoing it.

Cheers

Mike

Guest guest

"You can add ground flax seeds to salads, soups, shakes. I like to take mine in a "flax seed tea". I put in a T of ground flax seeds, add warmish/hot water, add a little sweetener and have a nice before bed drink."

That sounds yummy - thanks for the tip.

Love,

Anna

-

Cc: Lv2breathe

8/6/2005 10:44:23 AM

Re:flaxseed oil/nausea

Anna

Why not try ground flaxseeds instead? They are a whole food, with fiber and other nutrients that may prevent you from wanting to vomit.

You can add ground flax seeds to salads, soups, shakes. I like to take mine in a "flax seed tea". I put in a T of ground flax seeds, add warmish/hot water, add a little sweetener and have a nice before bed drink.

Kristina

In a message dated 8/6/05 12:42:18 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

Message: 18 Fri, 5 Aug 2005 22:14:37 -0600 "Anna Blaine" <anna333flaxseed oil/nauseaHi all,After years of unsuccessfully treating my mental illness through conventional Western medicine I have decided to try another approach. Among, other things, I bought a bottle of flaxseed oil and have been taking it as prescribed by a naturopath, but have been having trouble with it. I either throw it up immediately after taking it, or if I manage to keep it down, I'm nauseous for about a half hour afterwards. I'm not sure why - it doesn't taste THAT bad. I took it immediately before doing my yoga this morning and had to eliminate my inverted poses because I thought I was going to vomit again. I've tried taking it on an emtpy stomach and I've tried it with food, but the same always results.Any ideas?Love,AnnaAnna Blaineanna333Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.[This message contained attachments]

Guest guest

How does the Omega 3 in a tb of hemp seed oil compare to the amount in flaxseed? The label on my bottle says 1 tb of flaxseed oil has 615% of the RDA (what the RDA actually is, I can't figure out. I bombed out on the math portion of the GRE.)

And where does one buy hemp seed oil? I don't recall ever seeing it anywhere except as an additive in shampoo.

Thanks!

Love,

Anna

-

Michael Benis

8/6/2005 4:31:13 PM

RE: Re:flaxseed oil/nausea

If flax seeds cause so many problems, why bother persevering? You can get perfectly good Omega 3s from help seed oil or hemp seeds - with lees worry about overdoing it.

Cheers

Mike

Guest guest

http://www.yaoh.co.uk

it's a touch expensive but really good

flaxseed oil/nausea

How does the Omega 3 in a tb of hemp seed oil compare to the amount in flaxseed? The label on my bottle says 1 tb of flaxseed oil has 615% of the RDA (what the RDA actually is, I can't figure out. I bombed out on the math portion of the GRE.)

And where does one buy hemp seed oil? I don't recall ever seeing it anywhere except as an additive in shampoo.

Thanks!

Love,

Anna