IndiaDivine.org

OT - my thumbnail

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This has absolutely nothing to do with veganism, but I have no friends and need some practical advice. I let my nails get too long and my left thumnail has two long splits on both sides, far down into the nail bed. If I leave the nail alone it will snag on everything. If I cut it off at the splits it will expose a large amount of the nail bed and hurt like hell.

Is there anything else I can do?

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

My suggestion would be to rub in oil several times a day, and bind

with a plaster while you are working so that you don't snag the nails

and make them worse. It will take a while to overcome though.

My nails are so strong they are almost impossible to break - whereas

my teeth are not so strong. That's probably why I never chewed my

nails!

Jo

, " Anna Blaine " <anna333@e...> wrote:

> This has absolutely nothing to do with veganism, but I have no

friends and need some practical advice. I let my nails get too long

and my left thumnail has two long splits on both sides, far down into

the nail bed. If I leave the nail alone it will snag on everything.

If I cut it off at the splits it will expose a large amount of the

nail bed and hurt like hell.

>

> Is there anything else I can do?

>

> Love,

> Anna

>

>

> Anna Blaine

> anna333@e...

> Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

I would cut it way down and keep a bandaid on the tip so it doesn't snag and rip more. I would then keep cutting it down until the splits have grown out. If there were open wounds on it, I would put ointment on it to help cut down on the discomfort and avoid infection.Anna Blaine <anna333 wrote:

This has absolutely nothing to do with veganism, but I have no friends and need some practical advice. I let my nails get too long and my left thumnail has two long splits on both sides, far down into the nail bed. If I leave the nail alone it will snag on everything. If I cut it off at the splits it will expose a large amount of the nail bed and hurt like hell.

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

Jonnie

Start your day with - make it your home page

That was what I did, but for some stupid reason the bandaid won't stick. It guess that's what I get for buying cheap, off-brand, bandaids.

Love,

Anna

-

Jonnie Hellens

8/12/2005 11:28:04 AM

Re: OT - my thumbnail

I would cut it way down and keep a bandaid on the tip so it doesn't snag and rip more. I would then keep cutting it down until the splits have grown out. If there were open wounds on it, I would put ointment on it to help cut down on the discomfort and avoid infection.Anna Blaine <anna333 wrote:

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

Jonnie

Start your day with - make it your home page

I put the ointment on the cotton part of the bandaid before applying it.Anna Blaine <anna333 wrote:

That was what I did, but for some stupid reason the bandaid won't stick. It guess that's what I get for buying cheap, off-brand, bandaids.

Love,

Anna

-

Jonnie Hellens

8/12/2005 11:28:04 AM

Re: OT - my thumbnail

Love,

Anna

Anna Blaine

anna333

Jonnie

Start your day with - make it your home page Jonnie