IndiaDivine.org

Death by Motorcycle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A friend of mine was mowed down on his motorcycle by a hit & run driver. Had to relearn things, lost his bus cuz he couldn't wk. I don't think they caught the guy either.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

very true

must be much worse in phoenix..

here they at least have some bike lanes....

ain't a whole heck of a lot better on a motorcycle...takin my lil life into my own paws every single day...

Jonnie Hellens Aug 17, 2005 12:12 PM Re: Re: URGENT COURTHERING - For those who live in London or are here Thursday

Here you really take your life in your hands if you ride ur bike on the street. I've been hit on my bike and been hit while in my truck. I'ld rather ride my bike, but not if people are gonna disregard my safety.Lynda <lurine wrote: You don't get arrested in the U.S. for riding bikes on the sidewalks but inmost states you will get a ticket and have to pay a fine. I don't mindsmall children on their little bicycles because I don't think they belong onthe streets competing with cars. However, I have a strong urge to give bigkids and adults a strong shove when they go by!Lynda-heartwerk <heartworkTuesday, August 16, 2005 11:44 PM Re: URGENT COURTHERING - For those who live in Londonor are here Thursday> I have mainly found people on bikes to be very inconsiderate of> pedestrians and quite a nuisance when riding on pavements. My other> gripe is that a bike may be on the road one minute acting, as

it> should, like a vehicle, and then going across pedestrian crossings> etc. like a pedestrian.>> I hope that the case makes bike riders think about what they are> doing, and helps them decide to leave the footpaths to the> pedestrians (particularly in towns).>> Jo>> , ioannis Tsoucas <itsoucas>> wrote:> > Evening, 29th December 2004, I have been arrested.> > One policeman and one policewoman have stopped me in> > Bishopsgate, riding my bike on the road and they told> > me that previously I was riding my bike on the> > pavement.> >> > Court hearing: The justice rooms, 1 Queen Victoria> > Street, London EC4N 4XY> > Tube (Underground): Bank> >> > Thursday 18th August 2005> > at 2 pm> >> > Case: S 02110332/01 (01)>

>> > Please come, everyone who likes bikers and bikes and> > does not like police members, who instead to do there> > job, are doing something else.> >> > Yannis (Ioannis)> >> >> >> > _________> > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all> new Security Centre. http://uk.security.>>>>>> To send an email to - >

I come from a long line of motorcycle riders and owners. I still own a '67 Harley Sportster, rigid frame, mustang tank and fat boy fender. Gramma Alice was the first woman in NY to own a motorcycle. My father wrote for magazines back in the 40s about motorcycles. My "dad" built and raced Harleys, Indians, etc.

He and Uncle Gene and Uncle Kenny were riding in the redwoods when some fool pulling a little camp trailer decided to pass them. I'm sure Fraggle has been on the old 101 and can tell ya that a motorcycle passing a motorcycle could be a dangerous thing. The idiot sideswiped them and never stopped. We are talking an hour minimum between anything that resembles a hospital. Uncle Kenny lost his leg. Uncle Gene had a concusion and broke a leg. My Dad was pretty smashed up along with breaking his arm in 3 places.

Seems motorcycles are fair game to most idiot drivers.

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 4:53 PM

Death by Motorcycle

A friend of mine was mowed down on his motorcycle by a hit & run driver. Had to relearn things, lost his bus cuz he couldn't wk. I don't think they caught the guy either.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

very true

ain't a whole heck of a lot better on a motorcycle...takin my lil life into my own paws every single day...

Jonnie Hellens Aug 17, 2005 12:12 PM Re: Re: URGENT COURTHERING - For those who live in London or are here Thursday

Here you really take your life in your hands if you ride ur bike on the street. I've been hit on my bike and been hit while in my truck. I'ld rather ride my bike, but not if people are gonna disregard my safety.Lynda <lurine wrote: You don't get arrested in the U.S. for riding bikes on the sidewalks but inmost states you will get a ticket and have to pay a fine. I don't mindsmall children on their little bicycles because I don't think they belong onthe streets competing with cars. However, I have a strong urge to give bigkids and adults a strong shove when they go by!Lynda-heartwerk <heartworkTuesday, August 16, 2005 11:44 PM Re: URGENT COURTHERING - For those who live in Londonor are here Thursday> I have mainly found people on bikes to be very inconsiderate of> pedestrians and quite a nuisance when riding on pavements. My other> gripe is that a bike may be on the road one minute acting, as it> should, like a vehicle, and then going across pedestrian crossings> etc. like a pedestrian.>> I hope that the case makes bike riders think about what they are> doing, and helps them decide to leave the footpaths to the> pedestrians (particularly in towns).>> Jo>> , ioannis Tsoucas <itsoucas>> wrote:> > Evening, 29th December 2004, I have been arrested.> > One policeman and one policewoman have stopped me in> > Bishopsgate, riding my bike on the road and they told> > me that previously I was riding my bike on the> > pavement.> >> > Court hearing: The justice rooms, 1 Queen Victoria> > Street, London EC4N 4XY> > Tube (Underground): Bank> >> > Thursday 18th August 2005> > at 2 pm> >> > Case: S 02110332/01 (01)> >> > Please come, everyone who likes bikers and bikes and> > does not like police members, who instead to do there> > job, are doing something else.> >> > Yannis (Ioannis)> >> >> >> > _________> > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all> new Security Centre. http://uk.security.>>>>>> To send an email to - >

*shudder*

got nailed by a hit and run many moons ago walking across the street

that was fun

nuthin like havin doctors tell you you'll prolly never walk again

silly doctors..wot do they know... Jonnie Hellens Aug 17, 2005 4:53 PM Death by Motorcycle

very true

Here you really take your life in your hands if you ride ur bike on the street. I've been hit on my bike and been hit while in my truck. I'ld rather ride my bike, but not if people are gonna disregard my safety.Lynda <lurine wrote: You don't get arrested in the U.S. for riding bikes on the sidewalks but inmost states you will get a ticket and have to pay a fine. I don't mindsmall children on their little bicycles because I don't think they belong onthe streets competing with cars. However, I have a strong urge to give bigkids and adults a strong shove when they go by!Lynda-heartwerk <heartworkTuesday, August 16, 2005 11:44 PM Re: URGENT COURTHERING - For those who live in Londonor are here Thursday> I have mainly found people on bikes to be very inconsiderate of> pedestrians and quite a nuisance when riding on pavements. My other> gripe is that a bike may be on the road one minute acting, as it> should, like a vehicle, and then going across pedestrian crossings> etc. like a pedestrian.>> I hope that the case makes bike riders think about what they are> doing, and helps them decide to leave the footpaths to the> pedestrians (particularly in towns).>> Jo>> , ioannis Tsoucas <itsoucas>> wrote:> > Evening, 29th December 2004, I have been arrested.> > One policeman and one policewoman have stopped me in> > Bishopsgate, riding my bike on the road and they told> > me that previously I was riding my bike on the> > pavement.> >> > Court hearing: The justice rooms, 1 Queen Victoria> > Street, London EC4N 4XY> > Tube (Underground): Bank> >> > Thursday 18th August 2005> > at 2 pm> >> > Case: S 02110332/01 (01)> >> > Please come, everyone who likes bikers and bikes and> > does not like police members, who instead to do there> > job, are doing something else.> >> > Yannis (Ioannis)> >> >> >> > _________> > To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all> new Security Centre. http://uk.security.>>>>>> To send an email to - >

67 huh...

how far do you live from me again???

:) Lynda Aug 17, 2005 10:20 PM Re: Death by Motorcycle

I come from a long line of motorcycle riders and owners. I still own a '67 Harley Sportster, rigid frame, mustang tank and fat boy fender. Gramma Alice was the first woman in NY to own a motorcycle. My father wrote for magazines back in the 40s about motorcycles. My "dad" built and raced Harleys, Indians, etc.

He and Uncle Gene and Uncle Kenny were riding in the redwoods when some fool pulling a little camp trailer decided to pass them. I'm sure Fraggle has been on the old 101 and can tell ya that a motorcycle passing a motorcycle could be a dangerous thing. The idiot sideswiped them and never stopped. We are talking an hour minimum between anything that resembles a hospital. Uncle Kenny lost his leg. Uncle Gene had a concusion and broke a leg. My Dad was pretty smashed up along with breaking his arm in 3 places.

Lynda

a blinding flash hotter than the sun dead bodies lie across the path the radiation colors the air

finishing one by one

Last week while on hols down Devon, we went down Paignton, and there were loads of signs fo drivers advising them to check for bikes.....most refreshing, although some said "Is There A Biker in your blindspot?".................well how would you know?

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

67 huh...

Lynda

a blinding flash hotter than the sun dead bodies lie across the path the radiation colors the air

finishing one by one Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Drivers should always check for bikes as they are so vulnerable - it's just very difficult to see them sometimes when they do unexpected things.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Thursday, August 18, 2005 9:31 PM

Re: Death by Motorcycle

Last week while on hols down Devon, we went down Paignton, and there were loads of signs fo drivers advising them to check for bikes.....most refreshing, although some said "Is There A Biker in your blindspot?".................well how would you know?

67 huh...

Lynda

finishing one by one

Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Well, if you get kids off those little let's play speed racer bikes and bring back the old Harleys, Triumphs and BSAs, they couldn't say they didn't know they were there because of the noise! You rarely heard the "I didn't know they were there" excuses back in the dark ages, you just had drivers who didn't give a dead rat's patooty! Far less accidents. But, like the nutty bicycle riders, far too many folks riding motorcycles now are just plain rude and stupid which makes it deadly for everyone else!

Lynda

-

Jo Cwazy

Thursday, August 18, 2005 1:52 PM

Drivers should always check for bikes as they are so vulnerable - it's just very difficult to see them sometimes when they do unexpected things.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Thursday, August 18, 2005 9:31 PM

67 huh...

Lynda

finishing one by one

Peter H

Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.12/77 - Release 8/18/05

Aww... and we first saw the budding romance here....fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

67 huh...

Lynda

finishing one by one Jonnie

Start your day with - make it your home page

Hey, I promptly went out and made sure it was well hidden <g>

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Thursday, August 18, 2005 4:04 PM

67 huh...

Lynda

Yeah, but I bet he still dreams & fantasizes about her! They may end up running away together if ur not careful!Lynda <lurine wrote:

Hey, I promptly went out and made sure it was well hidden <g>

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Thursday, August 18, 2005 4:04 PM

67 huh...

Lynda

Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.12/77 - Release 8/18/05Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.12/77 - Release 8/18/05Jonnie

Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn more.