IndiaDivine.org

Getting Carded

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Last summer, I was carded when I ordered wine at a restaurant. I asked her if she was serious and she was. Then 6 months later before I had my stent put in, I was buying wine, the salesperson started to say "Do you have ID" as she was turning around and then said "oh, nevermind" My line actually went "oooh" when she said that. Now I'm back to getting carded again and I turned 21 quite a long, long time ago.Lynda <lurine wrote:

This is true. A lot of it is how you carry yourself or, probably in Anna'scase, how your body between your shoulders and legs grows. Been there donethat.At 16 I wasn't carded. In fact, no one ever asked for my ID until wellafter I was 21. After that I didn't stop getting carded until after I was42!Personally, I prescribe to Grampa's theory which seems to have served himand all his brothers and sisters quite well (17 of them and all lived wellpast 90, with Uncle Billy living to past 100), age is a state of mind andbirthdays aren't about getting a year older, that number is supposed todesignate how many presents you get each years <g>Lynda- "heartwerk" <heartworkSaturday, August 13, 2005

3:30 AM Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> Hi Anna>> I bet you don't look older than you are - you've probably just got it> in your mind from when you were young. Our self-perceptions are very> difficult to shift.>> When I was a teenager I was very slim (probably due to the cigarettes> :-( ) but I thought I was fat (never had an eating problem though).> Now I am quite overweight and know it, I don't feel it. It's strange> how we feel about ourselves.>> Jo>> , "Anna Blaine" <anna333@e...> wrote:> > I had the exact opposite problem - I was a huge kid. Filling out a> B cup by the time I was ten didn't help. Whenever my mother ordered a> child's movie ticket or anything I got grilled on when I was born. In> the fourth grade Niki Thomas asked me how many grades I'd been

held> back. "It's not that you're dumb," she said, "you're just so BIG!"> Adult men started trying to pick me up around age ten. I knew I was a> freak of nature so I'd tell them straight out how old I was. About> 3/4 of men would run away screaming, but the other 1/4 would still try> to get me to go home with them. It was really creepy.> >> > Looking older than you really are rocks when you're fifteen, but it> sucks when you're thirty.> >> > Love,> > Anna> >> >> > - > > Jonnie Hellens> > > > 8/12/2005 4:25:21 PM> > Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > I've never thought that we should label people just so some people> are comfortable. My middle daughter was a red-head,

looked awful in> most 'baby' colors they had out at the time. I would take her stuff> and soak it in tea to make it a tan color, which looked stunning on> her. When she started eating solids, she would get plums all over her> face and I would admire how nice the color looked on her, basically> all fall colors were stunning. Now-a-days you can get baby clothes in> these colors, as well as grown up clothes. Her problem now is that> she's such a little-bitty thing that she can't find stuff small enuf.> I tease her that when I get her clolthing gifts, I buy them in the> little girl department. In fact, we all went out to dinner recently> to a buffet restaurant and when I got to the table, she and my son> were giggling. It turns out that even tho she's almost 20, they> charged us for a kiddie meal. I had the same prob. When I was in my> mid 20s,

someone gruffly asked me why I wasn't in school. I drew> myself up to my full height (ok, so I'm not very far from the ground)> and said "excuse me?" I guess my voice sounded a little older than I> looked cuz he backed down.> >> > Ok, enuf of memory lane, sorry...> >> > Jo Cwazy <heartwork@c...> wrote:> > Why should it be that pink is for girls and blue for boys. My> daughter has never liked pink, and Peter likes all colours, including> pink. You seem to think that you should dress children a certain way> to avoid confusing people who have no reason to assume something from> a colour. Maybe we should stick labels on their foreheads.> >> > Jo> > - > > lv2breathe@a...> > > > Cc: Lv2breathe@a...> > Thursday, August

11, 2005 9:58 PM> > Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > Anouk> >> > In reading this I was just wondering...why are you offended?> >> > When people see a baby they are nervous as to get the right> gender...and will look for tell tale signs like colors and hair> length. Why do you get mad when they guess wrong when you did> everything to confuse them?> >> > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little boy to have long hair and a> pink blanket, but why get angry at others who are only trying to pick> up on cues? Why not give them a break? This is more an issue of them> wanting to polite than a huge gender/societal issue.> >> > Kristina> >> > In a message dated 8/8/05 10:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,> writes:> >> > Hi

peter,> >> > this is so true, it is sickening as it happens from birth.> >> > when my son was born, every single gift item of clothing was blue!> I used to wrap him around in a pink blanket and would get tons of> comments from my mom, my family, and strangers would say "she is so cute"> >> > my two year old has long hair. You don't know how many comments I> get from people calling her a "She" and then when I tell them he is> a boy they say "haven't had the courage to give him the first haircut> yet?> >> > Well, what if I like his hair that way, I think his hair is> gourgeous and why should I cut it!> > At gatherings, people and friends ask me when am I gonna cut his> hair? Constantly!> >> >> >> >> > Jonnie>

>> >> > Start your day with - make it your home page> >> > To send an email to - > >> >> >> >

i still get carded sometimes....

*shrug*

i usually just say "thanx!" Jonnie Hellens Aug 17, 2005 6:40 PM Getting Carded

Last summer, I was carded when I ordered wine at a restaurant. I asked her if she was serious and she was. Then 6 months later before I had my stent put in, I was buying wine, the salesperson started to say "Do you have ID" as she was turning around and then said "oh, nevermind" My line actually went "oooh" when she said that. Now I'm back to getting carded again and I turned 21 quite a long, long time ago.Lynda <lurine wrote: This is true. A lot of it is how you carry yourself or, probably in Anna'scase, how your body between your shoulders and legs grows. Been there donethat.At 16 I wasn't carded. In fact, no one ever asked for my ID until wellafter I was 21. After that I didn't stop getting carded until after I was42!Personally, I prescribe to Grampa's theory which seems to have served himand all his brothers and sisters quite well (17 of them and all lived wellpast 90, with Uncle Billy living to past 100), age is a state of mind andbirthdays aren't about getting a year older, that number is supposed todesignate how many presents you get each years <g>Lynda- "heartwerk" <heartworkSaturday, August 13, 2005 3:30 AM Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> Hi Anna>> I bet you don't look older than you are - you've probably just got it> in your mind from when you were young. Our self-perceptions are very> difficult to shift.>> When I was a teenager I was very slim (probably due to the cigarettes> :-( ) but I thought I was fat (never had an eating problem though).> Now I am quite overweight and know it, I don't feel it. It's strange> how we feel about ourselves.>> Jo>> , "Anna Blaine" <anna333@e...> wrote:> > I had the exact opposite problem - I was a huge kid. Filling out a> B cup by the time I was ten didn't help. Whenever my mother ordered a> child's movie ticket or anything I got grilled on when I was born. In> the fourth grade Niki Thomas asked me how many grades I'd been held> back. "It's not that you're dumb," she said, "you're just so BIG!"> Adult men started trying to pick me up around age ten. I knew I was a> freak of nature so I'd tell them straight out how old I was. About> 3/4 of men would run away screaming, but the other 1/4 would still try> to get me to go home with them. It was really creepy.> >> > Looking older than you really are rocks when you're fifteen, but it> sucks when you're thirty.> >> > Love,> > Anna> >> >> > - > > Jonnie Hellens> > > > 8/12/2005 4:25:21 PM> > Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > I've never thought that we should label people just so some people> are comfortable. My middle daughter was a red-head, looked awful in> most 'baby' colors they had out at the time. I would take her stuff> and soak it in tea to make it a tan color, which looked stunning on> her. When she started eating solids, she would get plums all over her> face and I would admire how nice the color looked on her, basically> all fall colors were stunning. Now-a-days you can get baby clothes in> these colors, as well as grown up clothes. Her problem now is that> she's such a little-bitty thing that she can't find stuff small enuf.> I tease her that when I get her clolthing gifts, I buy them in the> little girl department. In fact, we all went out to dinner recently> to a buffet restaurant and when I got to the table, she and my son> were giggling. It turns out that even tho she's almost 20, they> charged us for a kiddie meal. I had the same prob. When I was in my> mid 20s, someone gruffly asked me why I wasn't in school. I drew> myself up to my full height (ok, so I'm not very far from the ground)> and said "excuse me?" I guess my voice sounded a little older than I> looked cuz he backed down.> >> > Ok, enuf of memory lane, sorry...> >> > Jo Cwazy <heartwork@c...> wrote:> > Why should it be that pink is for girls and blue for boys. My> daughter has never liked pink, and Peter likes all colours, including> pink. You seem to think that you should dress children a certain way> to avoid confusing people who have no reason to assume something from> a colour. Maybe we should stick labels on their foreheads.> >> > Jo> > - > > lv2breathe@a...> > > > Cc: Lv2breathe@a...> > Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:58 PM> > Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > Anouk> >> > In reading this I was just wondering...why are you offended?> >> > When people see a baby they are nervous as to get the right> gender...and will look for tell tale signs like colors and hair> length. Why do you get mad when they guess wrong when you did> everything to confuse them?> >> > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little boy to have long hair and a> pink blanket, but why get angry at others who are only trying to pick> up on cues? Why not give them a break? This is more an issue of them> wanting to polite than a huge gender/societal issue.> >> > Kristina> >> > In a message dated 8/8/05 10:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,> writes:> >> > Hi peter,> >> > this is so true, it is sickening as it happens from birth.> >> > when my son was born, every single gift item of clothing was blue!> I used to wrap him around in a pink blanket and would get tons of> comments from my mom, my family, and strangers would say "she is so cute"> >> > my two year old has long hair. You don't know how many comments I> get from people calling her a "She" and then when I tell them he is> a boy they say "haven't had the courage to give him the first haircut> yet?> >> > Well, what if I like his hair that way, I think his hair is> gourgeous and why should I cut it!> > At gatherings, people and friends ask me when am I gonna cut his> hair? Constantly!> >> >> >> >> > Jonnie> >> >> > Start your day with - make it your home page> >> > To send an email to - > >> >> >> >

Yup, not only made my day when I was carded, but my month too. I admit I was looking pretty grey and hagard before the stent, but am rosy again. At least that's what I tell myself, that it was cuz I was so sick she realized it....fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

*shrug*

Last summer, I was carded when I ordered wine at a restaurant. I asked her if she was serious and she was. Then 6 months later before I had my stent put in, I was buying wine, the salesperson started to say "Do you have ID" as she was turning around and then said "oh, nevermind" My line actually went "oooh" when she said that. Now I'm back to getting carded again and I turned 21 quite a long, long time ago.Lynda <lurine wrote: This is true. A lot of it is how you carry yourself or, probably in Anna'scase, how your body between your shoulders and legs grows. Been there donethat.At 16 I wasn't carded. In fact, no one ever asked for my ID until wellafter I was 21. After that I didn't stop getting carded until after I was42!Personally, I prescribe to Grampa's theory which seems to have served himand all his brothers and sisters quite well (17 of them and all lived wellpast 90, with Uncle Billy living to past 100), age is a state of mind andbirthdays aren't about getting a year older, that number is supposed todesignate how many presents you get each years <g>Lynda- "heartwerk" <heartworkSaturday, August 13, 2005

3:30 AM Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> Hi Anna>> I bet you don't look older than you are - you've probably just got it> in your mind from when you were young. Our self-perceptions are very> difficult to shift.>> When I was a teenager I was very slim (probably due to the cigarettes> :-( ) but I thought I was fat (never had an eating problem though).> Now I am quite overweight and know it, I don't feel it. It's strange> how we feel about ourselves.>> Jo>> , "Anna Blaine" <anna333@e...> wrote:> > I had the exact opposite problem - I was a huge kid. Filling out a> B cup by the time I was ten didn't help. Whenever my mother ordered a> child's movie ticket or anything I got grilled on when I was born. In> the fourth grade Niki Thomas asked me how many grades I'd been

held> back. "It's not that you're dumb," she said, "you're just so BIG!"> Adult men started trying to pick me up around age ten. I knew I was a> freak of nature so I'd tell them straight out how old I was. About> 3/4 of men would run away screaming, but the other 1/4 would still try> to get me to go home with them. It was really creepy.> >> > Looking older than you really are rocks when you're fifteen, but it> sucks when you're thirty.> >> > Love,> > Anna> >> >> > - > > Jonnie Hellens> > > > 8/12/2005 4:25:21 PM> > Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > I've never thought that we should label people just so some people> are comfortable. My middle daughter was a red-head,

looked awful in> most 'baby' colors they had out at the time. I would take her stuff> and soak it in tea to make it a tan color, which looked stunning on> her. When she started eating solids, she would get plums all over her> face and I would admire how nice the color looked on her, basically> all fall colors were stunning. Now-a-days you can get baby clothes in> these colors, as well as grown up clothes. Her problem now is that> she's such a little-bitty thing that she can't find stuff small enuf.> I tease her that when I get her clolthing gifts, I buy them in the> little girl department. In fact, we all went out to dinner recently> to a buffet restaurant and when I got to the table, she and my son> were giggling. It turns out that even tho she's almost 20, they> charged us for a kiddie meal. I had the same prob. When I was in my> mid 20s,

someone gruffly asked me why I wasn't in school. I drew> myself up to my full height (ok, so I'm not very far from the ground)> and said "excuse me?" I guess my voice sounded a little older than I> looked cuz he backed down.> >> > Ok, enuf of memory lane, sorry...> >> > Jo Cwazy <heartwork@c...> wrote:> > Why should it be that pink is for girls and blue for boys. My> daughter has never liked pink, and Peter likes all colours, including> pink. You seem to think that you should dress children a certain way> to avoid confusing people who have no reason to assume something from> a colour. Maybe we should stick labels on their foreheads.> >> > Jo> > - > > lv2breathe@a...> > > > Cc: Lv2breathe@a...> > Thursday, August

11, 2005 9:58 PM> > Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > Anouk> >> > In reading this I was just wondering...why are you offended?> >> > When people see a baby they are nervous as to get the right> gender...and will look for tell tale signs like colors and hair> length. Why do you get mad when they guess wrong when you did> everything to confuse them?> >> > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little boy to have long hair and a> pink blanket, but why get angry at others who are only trying to pick> up on cues? Why not give them a break? This is more an issue of them> wanting to polite than a huge gender/societal issue.> >> > Kristina> >> > In a message dated 8/8/05 10:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,> writes:> >> > Hi

peter,> >> > this is so true, it is sickening as it happens from birth.> >> > when my son was born, every single gift item of clothing was blue!> I used to wrap him around in a pink blanket and would get tons of> comments from my mom, my family, and strangers would say "she is so cute"> >> > my two year old has long hair. You don't know how many comments I> get from people calling her a "She" and then when I tell them he is> a boy they say "haven't had the courage to give him the first haircut> yet?> >> > Well, what if I like his hair that way, I think his hair is> gourgeous and why should I cut it!> > At gatherings, people and friends ask me when am I gonna cut his> hair? Constantly!> >> >> >> >> > Jonnie>

>> >> > Start your day with - make it your home page> >> > To send an email to - > >> >> >> >

I was carded recently at a restaurant –

I’m 53 years old – and I promptly handed over a $20 tip to the

waiter. Of course I had been drinking rather much with a friend before we ever

got to the restaurant so I was feeling mighty charitable.

Cynthia

On Behalf Of fraggle

Thursday, August 18, 2005

2:14 PM

Re: Getting

Carded

*shrug*

i usually just say

" thanx! "

Jonnie Hellens

Aug 17, 2005 6:40 PM

Getting Carded

Last summer, I was carded when I ordered wine at a

restaurant. I asked her if she was serious and she was. Then 6

months later before I had my stent put in, I was buying wine, the salesperson

started to say " Do you have ID " as she was turning around and

then said " oh, nevermind " My line actually went

" oooh " when she said that. Now I'm back to getting carded

again and I turned 21 quite a long, long time ago.

Lynda

<lurine wrote:

This is true. A lot of

it is how you carry yourself or, probably in Anna's

case, how your body between your shoulders and

legs grows. Been there done

that.

At 16 I wasn't carded. In fact, no one ever

asked for my ID until well

after I was 21. After that I didn't stop

getting carded until after I was

42!

Personally, I prescribe to Grampa's theory which

seems to have served him

and all his brothers and sisters quite well (17 of

them and all lived well

past 90, with Uncle Billy living to past 100), age

is a state of mind and

birthdays aren't about getting a year older, that

number is supposed to

designate how many presents you get each years

<g>

Lynda

-

" heartwerk "

<heartwork

Saturday, August 13, 2005 3:30 AM

Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue

> Hi Anna

>

> I bet you don't look older than you are -

you've probably just got it

> in your mind from when you were young.

Our self-perceptions are very

> difficult to shift.

>

> When I was a teenager I was very slim

(probably due to the cigarettes

> :-( ) but I thought I was fat (never had an

eating problem though).

> Now I am quite overweight and know it, I

don't feel it. It's strange

> how we feel about ourselves.

>

> Jo

>

> ,

" Anna Blaine " <anna333@e...> wrote:

> > I had the exact opposite problem - I was

a huge kid. Filling out a

> B cup by the time I was ten didn't

help. Whenever my mother ordered a

> child's movie ticket or anything I got

grilled on when I was born. In

> the fourth grade Niki Thomas asked me how

many grades I'd been held

> back. " It's not that you're

dumb, " she said, " you're just so BIG! "

> Adult men started trying to pick me up around

age ten. I knew I was a

> freak of nature so I'd tell them straight out

how old I was. About

> 3/4 of men would run away screaming, but the

other 1/4 would still try

> to get me to go home with them. It was

really creepy.

> >

> > Looking older than you really are rocks

when you're fifteen, but it

> sucks when you're thirty.

> >

> > Love,

> > Anna

> >

> >

> > -

> > Jonnie Hellens

> >

> > 8/12/2005 4:25:21 PM

> > Re: Re: Girl Pink

Boy Blue

> >

> >

> > I've never thought that we should label

people just so some people

> are comfortable. My middle daughter was

a red-head, looked awful in

> most 'baby' colors they had out at the

time. I would take her stuff

> and soak it in tea to make it a tan color,

which looked stunning on

> her. When she started eating solids,

she would get plums all over her

> face and I would admire how nice the color

looked on her, basically

> all fall colors were stunning.

Now-a-days you can get baby clothes in

> these colors, as well as grown up

clothes. Her problem now is that

> she's such a little-bitty thing that she

can't find stuff small enuf.

> I tease her that when I get her

clolthing gifts, I buy them in the

> little girl department. In fact, we all

went out to dinner recently

> to a buffet restaurant and when I got to the

table, she and my son

> were giggling. It turns out that even

tho she's almost 20, they

> charged us for a kiddie meal. I had the

same prob. When I was in my

> mid 20s, someone gruffly asked me why I

wasn't in school. I drew

> myself up to my full height (ok, so I'm not

very far from the ground)

> and said " excuse me? " I guess

my voice sounded a little older than I

> looked cuz he backed down.

> >

> > Ok, enuf of memory lane, sorry...

> >

> > Jo Cwazy <heartwork@c...> wrote:

> > Why should it be that pink is for girls

and blue for boys. My

> daughter has never liked pink, and Peter

likes all colours, including

> pink. You seem to think that you should

dress children a certain way

> to avoid confusing people who have no reason

to assume something from

> a colour. Maybe we should stick labels

on their foreheads.

> >

> > Jo

> > -

> > lv2breathe@a...

> >

> > Cc: Lv2breathe@a...

> > Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:58 PM

> > Re: Girl Pink Boy

Blue

> >

> >

> > Anouk

> >

> > In reading this I was just

wondering...why are you offended?

> >

> > When people see a baby they are nervous

as to get the right

> gender...and will look for tell tale signs

like colors and hair

> length. Why do you get mad when they guess

wrong when you did

> everything to confuse them?

> >

> > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little

boy to have long hair and a

> pink blanket, but why get angry at others who

are only trying to pick

> up on cues? Why not give them a

break? This is more an issue of them

> wanting to polite than a huge gender/societal

issue.

> >

> > Kristina

> >

> > In a message dated 8/8/05 10:26:32 P.M.

Pacific Daylight Time,

>

writes:

> >

> > Hi peter,

> >

> > this is so true, it is sickening

as it happens from birth.

> >

> > when my son was born, every single

gift item of clothing was blue!

> I used to wrap him around in a

pink blanket and would get tons of

> comments from my mom, my family, and

strangers would say " she is so cute "

> >

> > my two year old has long

hair. You don't know how many comments I

> get from people calling her a

" She " and then when I tell them he is

> a boy they say " haven't had the courage

to give him the first haircut

> yet?

> >

> > Well, what if I like his

hair that way, I think his hair is

> gourgeous and why should I cut it!

> > At gatherings, people and friends

ask me when am I gonna cut his

> hair? Constantly!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Jonnie

> >

> >

> > Start your day with - make it

your home page

> >

> > To send an email to

-

> >

> >

> >

> >

LOL! He's probably got quite a business going there - loads of tips :-)Jo

-

Cynthia Gadarian

Saturday, August 20, 2005 2:32 AM

RE: Getting Carded

I was carded recently at a restaurant – I’m 53 years old – and I promptly handed over a $20 tip to the waiter. Of course I had been drinking rather much with a friend before we ever got to the restaurant so I was feeling mighty charitable.

Cynthia

On Behalf Of fraggleThursday, August 18, 2005 2:14 PM Subject: Re: Getting Carded

*shrug*

Last summer, I was carded when I ordered wine at a restaurant. I asked her if she was serious and she was. Then 6 months later before I had my stent put in, I was buying wine, the salesperson started to say "Do you have ID" as she was turning around and then said "oh, nevermind" My line actually went "oooh" when she said that. Now I'm back to getting carded again and I turned 21 quite a long, long time ago.Lynda <lurine wrote:

This is true. A lot of it is how you carry yourself or, probably in Anna'scase, how your body between your shoulders and legs grows. Been there donethat.At 16 I wasn't carded. In fact, no one ever asked for my ID until wellafter I was 21. After that I didn't stop getting carded until after I was42!Personally, I prescribe to Grampa's theory which seems to have served himand all his brothers and sisters quite well (17 of them and all lived wellpast 90, with Uncle Billy living to past 100), age is a state of mind andbirthdays aren't about getting a year older, that number is supposed todesignate how many presents you get each years <g>Lynda- "heartwerk" <heartworkSaturday, August 13, 2005 3:30 AM Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> Hi Anna>> I bet you don't look older than you are - you've probably just got it> in your mind from when you were young. Our self-perceptions are very> difficult to shift.>> When I was a teenager I was very slim (probably due to the cigarettes> :-( ) but I thought I was fat (never had an eating problem though).> Now I am quite overweight and know it, I don't feel it. It's strange> how we feel about ourselves.>> Jo>> , "Anna Blaine" <anna333@e...> wrote:> > I had the exact opposite problem - I was a huge kid. Filling out a> B cup by the time I was ten didn't help. Whenever my mother ordered a> child's movie ticket or anything I got grilled on when I was born. In> the fourth grade Niki Thomas asked me how many grades I'd been held> back. "It's not that you're dumb," she said, "you're just so BIG!"> Adult men started trying to pick me up around age ten. I knew I was a> freak of nature so I'd tell them straight out how old I was. About> 3/4 of men would run away screaming, but the other 1/4 would still try> to get me to go home with them. It was really creepy.> >> > Looking older than you really are rocks when you're fifteen, but it> sucks when you're thirty.> >> > Love,> > Anna> >> >> > - > > Jonnie Hellens> > > > 8/12/2005 4:25:21 PM> > Re: Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > I've never thought that we should label people just so some people> are comfortable. My middle daughter was a red-head, looked awful in> most 'baby' colors they had out at the time. I would take her stuff> and soak it in tea to make it a tan color, which looked stunning on> her. When she started eating solids, she would get plums all over her> face and I would admire how nice the color looked on her, basically> all fall colors were stunning. Now-a-days you can get baby clothes in> these colors, as well as grown up clothes. Her problem now is that> she's such a little-bitty thing that she can't find stuff small enuf.> I tease her that when I get her clolthing gifts, I buy them in the> little girl department. In fact, we all went out to dinner recently> to a buffet restaurant and when I got to the table, she and my son> were giggling. It turns out that even tho she's almost 20, they> charged us for a kiddie meal. I had the same prob. When I was in my> mid 20s, someone gruffly asked me why I wasn't in school. I drew> myself up to my full height (ok, so I'm not very far from the ground)> and said "excuse me?" I guess my voice sounded a little older than I> looked cuz he backed down.> >> > Ok, enuf of memory lane, sorry...> >> > Jo Cwazy <heartwork@c...> wrote:> > Why should it be that pink is for girls and blue for boys. My> daughter has never liked pink, and Peter likes all colours, including> pink. You seem to think that you should dress children a certain way> to avoid confusing people who have no reason to assume something from> a colour. Maybe we should stick labels on their foreheads.> >> > Jo> > - > > lv2breathe@a...> > > > Cc: Lv2breathe@a...> > Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:58 PM> > Re: Girl Pink Boy Blue> >> >> > Anouk> >> > In reading this I was just wondering...why are you offended?> >> > When people see a baby they are nervous as to get the right> gender...and will look for tell tale signs like colors and hair> length. Why do you get mad when they guess wrong when you did> everything to confuse them?> >> > Look, it's perfectly OK for your little boy to have long hair and a> pink blanket, but why get angry at others who are only trying to pick> up on cues? Why not give them a break? This is more an issue of them> wanting to polite than a huge gender/societal issue.> >> > Kristina> >> > In a message dated 8/8/05 10:26:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,> writes:> >> > Hi peter,> >> > this is so true, it is sickening as it happens from birth.> >> > when my son was born, every single gift item of clothing was blue!> I used to wrap him around in a pink blanket and would get tons of> comments from my mom, my family, and strangers would say "she is so cute"> >> > my two year old has long hair. You don't know how many comments I> get from people calling her a "She" and then when I tell them he is> a boy they say "haven't had the courage to give him the first haircut> yet?> >> > Well, what if I like his hair that way, I think his hair is> gourgeous and why should I cut it!> > At gatherings, people and friends ask me when am I gonna cut his> hair? Constantly!> >> >> >> >> > Jonnie> >> >> > Start your day with - make it your home page> >> > To send an email to - > >> >> >> >