IndiaDivine.org

prolly shouldn't have bought that Hummer..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i saw $3.09/gallon yesterday

woohoo!

Autumn won't cool high prices of oil, gas

Josef Hebert

Associated Press

18 August 2005

WASHINGTON - After a summer of soaring gasoline costs, people should

not expect cooler weather in autumn to end their energy woes. Prices

at the gas pump probably will stay high and record heating bills in

the winter are almost certain to follow.

The Energy Department predicts that heating costs for homes using

natural gas or fuel oil could be 16 percent to 25 percent higher than

last year. That estimate came before the latest price spike in crude

oil and natural gas.

Already, drivers are reeling from gasoline prices that are approaching

$3 a gallon in some areas and averaging $2.55 a gallon nationwide.

Prices are expected to ease after Labor Day, but not by much, analysts

predict, as crude-oil prices remain above $60 a barrel.

Utilities are warning customers that their bills will be high this

winter, says Chris McGill of the American Gas Association, which

represents the natural-gas retailers.

Wholesale prices for natural gas have soared along with crude oil and

gasoline.

The Energy Information Administration estimates that natural gas could

cost more than $10 per thousand cubic feet by January, about 30

percent more than it did this summer.

The increase to consumers is usually less because the actual gas

accounts for about half of a typical bill and the other half usually

remains pretty constant, according to the retailer's group. Utilities

also have bought gas at the lower price this summer and are storing

it.

A little more than half of U.S. homes use natural gas for heating; the

heaviest concentration is in the Midwest.

About 9 percent use fuel oil, mostly in the Northeast. The rest use

electricity, with a small number relying on propane. The cost of these

fuels is rising, too.

People are being hit with a " triple whammy, " said David Fox, executive

director of the Campaign for Home Energy Assistance. The Washington,

D.C.-based group advocates for more federal money to help needy people

pay home heating and cooling bills.

This summer's string of 100-degree temperatures in many parts of the

country caused greater use of air conditioners and produced high

electricity bills that many people have yet to pay.

Then came skyrocketing prices at the pump, on average 67 cents a

gallon higher last week than a year ago. Now there is the prospect of

big heating bills looming.

" I see a very difficult winter ahead, " Fox said.

The recently enacted energy bill authorizes $5.1 billion a year in

government energy assistance. But Congress traditionally has funded

much less than what is authorized.

This year Congress is providing a little more than $2 billion for the

budget year that begins Oct. 1.

Fox said that will not be nearly enough for the demand.

Nearly two out of three people surveyed think today's high gasoline

prices will adversely affect them financially for the next six months,

according to a recent AP-AOL poll.

" For people on fixed incomes, a lot of them are already pinched and

have very little to give up. ... anything further will be a hardship, "

said Bill Godsell, a retiree in Iowa Falls, Iowa.

Jean Casinger, a retiree in Oakland, Ore., said she does not drive

more than she has to but cannot avoid the 40-mile round trip to get

chemotherapy treatments. The cost of gas is a problem now, and higher

heating costs will make the problems worse, she says.

" It's going to have an effect this winter on my finances. "

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/text/2002443971_natgaswoes18.html

a blinding flash

hotter than the sun

dead bodies lie across the path

the radiation colors the air

finishing one by one

I don't know, they don't seem too worried about it.

in my town of course, people ride these giant trucks, they are bigger than suvs. they are called monster trucks.

I swear that I stood beside one and the wheel was the same Height as me!

some of them have the confederate flag on them and hunting (deer) symbols. No, I am not making that up.

I vow that when I learn how to drive, get my first car it will be a Hybrid, that uses sunflower oil or some such. I am getting my permit, and someone will come to my house to give me a lesson.

-anouk

-

fraggle

TFHB ;

8/18/2005 5:48:15 PM

prolly shouldn't have bought that Hummer..

i saw $3.09/gallon yesterdaywoohoo!Autumn won't cool high prices of oil, gas Josef Hebert Associated Press 18 August 2005 WASHINGTON - After a summer of soaring gasoline costs, people should not expect cooler weather in autumn to end their energy woes. Prices at the gas pump probably will stay high and record heating bills in the winter are almost certain to follow. The Energy Department predicts that heating costs for homes using natural gas or fuel oil could be 16 percent to 25 percent higher than last year. That estimate came before the latest price spike in crude oil and natural gas. Already, drivers are reeling from gasoline prices that are approaching $3 a gallon in some areas and averaging $2.55 a gallon nationwide. Prices are expected to ease after Labor Day, but not by much, analysts predict, as crude-oil prices remain above $60 a barrel. Utilities are warning customers that their bills will be high this winter, says Chris McGill of the American Gas Association, which represents the natural-gas retailers. Wholesale prices for natural gas have soared along with crude oil and gasoline. The Energy Information Administration estimates that natural gas could cost more than $10 per thousand cubic feet by January, about 30 percent more than it did this summer. The increase to consumers is usually less because the actual gas accounts for about half of a typical bill and the other half usually remains pretty constant, according to the retailer's group. Utilities also have bought gas at the lower price this summer and are storing it. A little more than half of U.S. homes use natural gas for heating; the heaviest concentration is in the Midwest. About 9 percent use fuel oil, mostly in the Northeast. The rest use electricity, with a small number relying on propane. The cost of these fuels is rising, too. People are being hit with a "triple whammy," said David Fox, executive director of the Campaign for Home Energy Assistance. The Washington, D.C.-based group advocates for more federal money to help needy people pay home heating and cooling bills. This summer's string of 100-degree temperatures in many parts of the country caused greater use of air conditioners and produced high electricity bills that many people have yet to pay. Then came skyrocketing prices at the pump, on average 67 cents a gallon higher last week than a year ago. Now there is the prospect of big heating bills looming. "I see a very difficult winter ahead," Fox said. The recently enacted energy bill authorizes $5.1 billion a year in government energy assistance. But Congress traditionally has funded much less than what is authorized. This year Congress is providing a little more than $2 billion for the budget year that begins Oct. 1. Fox said that will not be nearly enough for the demand. Nearly two out of three people surveyed think today's high gasoline prices will adversely affect them financially for the next six months, according to a recent AP-AOL poll. "For people on fixed incomes, a lot of them are already pinched and have very little to give up. ... anything further will be a hardship," said Bill Godsell, a retiree in Iowa Falls, Iowa. Jean Casinger, a retiree in Oakland, Ore., said she does not drive more than she has to but cannot avoid the 40-mile round trip to get chemotherapy treatments. The cost of gas is a problem now, and higher heating costs will make the problems worse, she says. "It's going to have an effect this winter on my finances."http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/text/2002443971_natgaswoes18.htmla blinding flash hotter than the sun dead bodies lie across the path the radiation colors the airfinishing one by one

don't see a whole lot of monster trucks around here, but went down to hollister on like saturday er sunday, and there were a bunch of em....

same thing with confederate flags...you rarely see anything like that around here..but, a few counties over, and, yuck....

sorry..can't help you with the permit, i don;t drive cars

cheers

fraggle "zurumato" Aug 18, 2005 4:36 PM RE: prolly shouldn't have bought that Hummer..

in my town of course, people ride these giant trucks, they are bigger than suvs. they are called monster trucks.

some of them have the confederate flag on them and hunting (deer) symbols. No, I am not making that up.

I vow that when I learn how to drive, get my first car it will be a Hybrid, that uses sunflower oil or some such. I am getting my permit, and someone will come to my house to give me a lesson.

-anouk

a blinding flash hotter than the sun dead bodies lie across the path the radiation colors the air

finishing one by one

Hey Anouk -

I just wanted to tell you I have a Toyota Prius. I have had it for about 9 months and I absolutely love it. It is the best car I have ever had. I live in Fort Myers and am getting between 47 and 51 mpg. And it is rated Partial Zero Emissions.

Catherine

On Behalf Of fraggleFriday, August 19, 2005 12:29 PM Subject: RE: prolly shouldn't have bought that Hummer..

don't see a whole lot of monster trucks around here, but went down to hollister on like saturday er sunday, and there were a bunch of em....

same thing with confederate flags...you rarely see anything like that around here..but, a few counties over, and, yuck....

cheers

fraggle "zurumato" Aug 18, 2005 4:36 PM RE: prolly shouldn't have bought that Hummer..

-anouk

a blinding flash hotter than the sun dead bodies lie across the path the radiation colors the air

finishing one by one

Hi Catherine,

I discuss this car with my husband and he says that there is a waiting list!

It is lovely, if I were to buy a car, it would be this one.

It is also a bit pricey for me,,, even a used hybrid would be a littel too much.

perhaps if I wait a bit?

I shall have my first driving lesson,, however in a HYBRID car this sunday.

I can't wait.

hey if your ever in my area,, stop by.. I think that we are only an hour away.

-anouk

-

cmili

8/19/2005 2:04:52 PM

RE: prolly shouldn't have bought that Hummer..

Hey Anouk -

I just wanted to tell you I have a Toyota Prius. I have had it for about 9 months and I absolutely love it. It is the best car I have ever had. I live in Fort Myers and am getting between 47 and 51 mpg. And it is rated Partial Zero Emissions.

Catherine

On Behalf Of fraggleFriday, August 19, 2005 12:29 PM Subject: RE: prolly shouldn't have bought that Hummer..

cheers

-anouk

finishing one by one