IndiaDivine.org

hello from ohio

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Group,

I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place since I've

left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.

Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months back? I

have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste disgusting. I

get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically because they

advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the front desk I

see a sign that says " Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no cats.) " I

really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find a place

that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything and

sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for very

long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up (they're

not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that would

deliver food to the motel and the only place close by was a Burger

King, so I ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half that I

couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was completey foul.

And I was really hungry.

Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get on the

freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long on-ramp?

I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have orientation

Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I can

afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make a deposit

until Wednesday.

Will check in soon.

Love,

Anna

HI Anna

It's good to hear from you. I hope you find more to eat. Let us know what

happens.

BB

Jo

-

" snakewoman327 " <anna333

Sunday, August 21, 2005 12:48 AM

hello from ohio

Hi Group,

I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place since I've

left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.

Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months back? I

have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste disgusting. I

get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically because they

advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the front desk I

see a sign that says " Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no cats.) " I

really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find a place

that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything and

sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for very

long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up (they're

not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that would

deliver food to the motel and the only place close by was a Burger

King, so I ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half that I

couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was completey foul.

And I was really hungry.

Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get on the

freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long on-ramp?

I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have orientation

Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I can

afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make a deposit

until Wednesday.

Will check in soon.

Love,

Anna

To send an email to -

Hi anna,

when my husband (then boyfriend) and I drove from NY to CA, we were on the road for six days straight. we had a really hard time finding foods.

We would go into a regular restaurant and order spagethi with tomato sauce and green salad.

This was what we would eat often. Then we would go into any supermarket load up on non-perishables and eat PB & J sandwiches with a good fruit juice for breakfast.

When you are on the road.. You get creative, specially in the middle of nowhere.

We also brought along a Plug-In cooker

and in the hotels we would plug the cooker in and we would eat a lot of vegetable soups that way in the hotel and save on

ordering. If your going to buy a Plug-In cooker, make sure you bring a can opener for the soups and fork and spoon. We would wash these before leaving the hotel.

In case of emergency, I think that the folks at Pizza Hut can make you a cheeseless pizza, and although I wouldn't support

Taco Bell company, In case of an emergency.I believe that you can order a cheeseless bean burrito.

Mostly we looked for Mexican restaurants(for rice and bean burritos) and Italian restaurants ( for the meatless spaguetti).

-anouk

-

snakewoman327

8/20/2005 7:48:38 PM

hello from ohio

Hi Group,I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place since I've left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months back? I have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste disgusting. I get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically because they advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the front desk I see a sign that says "Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no cats.)" I really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find a place that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything and sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for very long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up (they're not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that would deliver food to the motel and the only place close by was a Burger King, so I ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half that I couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was completey foul. And I was really hungry.Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get on the freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long on-ramp?I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have orientation Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I can afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make a deposit until Wednesday.Will check in soon.Love,Anna

Hello Anna,

Thanks for the warning on the BK veggiburger - I will avoid them. As to the hotel thing, well, I have dogs, but when I traveled I had 3 with me so I had to call ahead and ensure they would accept the dogs. That is hard with they were 17 lbs, 45 lbs, and 75 lbs. Good luck on finding a place, more and more do not like pets.

As to the 45 on-ramp thing, well it seems to be everywhere. I don't understand either why anyone would drive so slow getting onto 65+ mph traffic. Just watch out for it and be careful.

Good luck on the rest of your trip.

Dragonspirithealer snakewoman327 <anna333 wrote:

Hi Group,I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place since I've left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months back? I have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste disgusting. I get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically because they advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the front desk I see a sign that says "Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no cats.)" I really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find a place that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything and sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for very long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up (they're not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that would deliver

food to the motel and the only place close by was a Burger King, so I ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half that I couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was completey foul. And I was really hungry.Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get on the freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long on-ramp?I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have orientation Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I can afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make a deposit until Wednesday.Will check in soon.Love,Anna

Start your day with - make it your home page

Are the beans at taco vegetarian? I know some places add meat products to their beans. I really miss mexican, but a lot of places add bacon fat, or lard or whatever."zurumato" <zurumato wrote:

Hi anna,

when my husband (then boyfriend) and I drove from NY to CA, we were on the road for six days straight. we had a really hard time finding foods.

We would go into a regular restaurant and order spagethi with tomato sauce and green salad.

This was what we would eat often. Then we would go into any supermarket load up on non-perishables and eat PB & J sandwiches with a good fruit juice for breakfast.

When you are on the road.. You get creative, specially in the middle of nowhere.

and in the hotels we would plug the cooker in and we would eat a lot of vegetable soups that way in the hotel and save on

ordering. If your going to buy a Plug-In cooker, make sure you bring a can opener for the soups and fork and spoon. We would wash these before leaving the hotel.

In case of emergency, I think that the folks at Pizza Hut can make you a cheeseless pizza, and although I wouldn't support

Taco Bell company, In case of an emergency.I believe that you can order a cheeseless bean burrito.

Mostly we looked for Mexican restaurants(for rice and bean burritos) and Italian restaurants ( for the meatless spaguetti).

-anouk

-

snakewoman327

hello from ohio

Hi Group,I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place since I've left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months back? I have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste disgusting. I get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically because they advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the front desk I see a sign that says "Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no cats.)" I really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find a place that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything and sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for very long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up (they're not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that would deliver food to the motel and the only place close by was a Burger King, so I

ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half that I couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was completey foul. And I was really hungry.Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get on the freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long on-ramp?I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have orientation Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I can afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make a deposit until Wednesday.Will check in soon.Love,AnnaJonnie

depends at the place you go..

taco bell was testin a varient of the olestra stripped fat a number of years ago, but have no idea wot become of it..it was animal based

pizza hut is not vegan...even without cheese....the pizza sauce has cheese solids and i think whey, and their dipping sauces have *natural flavors*(read beef ), and their zesty sauce has chicken fat

got to a real mexican restuarant and just ask...

most places out here stopped using lard and switched to vegetable oils....

Jonnie Hellens Aug 21, 2005 11:50 AM RE: hello from ohio

Are the beans at taco vegetarian? I know some places add meat products to their beans. I really miss mexican, but a lot of places add bacon fat, or lard or whatever."zurumato" <zurumato wrote:

Hi anna,

-anouk

-

snakewoman327

hello from ohio

Hi Group,I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place since I've left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months back? I have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste disgusting. I get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically because they advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the front desk I see a sign that says "Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no cats.)" I really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find a place that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything and sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for very long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up (they're not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that would deliver food to the motel and the only place close by was a Burger King, so I ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half that I couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was completey foul. And I was really hungry.Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get on the freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long on-ramp?I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have orientation Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I can afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make a deposit until Wednesday.Will check in soon.Love,Anna

Jonnie

To send an email to -

Try owning a pitbull! We have two dogs now, both rescues. One is a Walker Hound and she has the face of an angel and the disposition of an alligator with pms! Everyone thinks she is sooooo sweet. Well, until they get within a block of her <g> She came from a drug house and they were feeding mom drugs and it got into the pups via mom's milk. son #3 brought her home and she had rubber bones. We saved her but didn't think she would survive so we named her Tuff Enuf Mugwump.

Our other dog is Hurricane Cali, a sable pitbull. Of course, everyone is afraid of her and she is the sweetest dog in the world. Another rescue and she has the genetic problems that come with some pits plus she was literally run over by two cars when she was about 3 months old.

They both babysit our rescue cat (he's going to be 13 this Halloween) who is tiny, old and crippled. He's a semi-long haired little guy named Boo.

I don't like to put anyone in a kennel, so we haven't been traveling much the last few years. With the current price of fuel, I figure it won't be long before we can pick up a motorhome of some name for peanuts and then we'll be back on the road doing the living history thing with the kidlet.

Lynda

-

DragonSpiritHealer

Sunday, August 21, 2005 5:46 AM

Re: hello from ohio

Hello Anna,

Thanks for the warning on the BK veggiburger - I will avoid them. As to the hotel thing, well, I have dogs, but when I traveled I had 3 with me so I had to call ahead and ensure they would accept the dogs. That is hard with they were 17 lbs, 45 lbs, and 75 lbs. Good luck on finding a place, more and more do not like pets.

As to the 45 on-ramp thing, well it seems to be everywhere. I don't understand either why anyone would drive so slow getting onto 65+ mph traffic. Just watch out for it and be careful.

Good luck on the rest of your trip.

Dragonspirithealer snakewoman327 <anna333 wrote:

Hi Group,I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place since I've left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months back? I have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste disgusting. I get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically because they advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the front desk I see a sign that says "Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no cats.)" I really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find a place that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything and sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for very long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up (they're not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that would d eliver food to the motel and the only place close by was a Burger King, so I ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half that I couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was completey foul. And I was really hungry.Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get on the freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long on-ramp?I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have orientation Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I can afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make a deposit until Wednesday.Will check in soon.Love,Anna

Start your day with - make it your home page

Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.13/78 - Release 8/19/05

Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.13/78 - Release 8/19/05

Hi Jo et al,

I made it to New Haven last night. There's a place called Edge of

the Woods that's just down the street from my motel that's supposed

to be good, but it closes fairly early in the eve and I've missed

the chance to get dinner there the past two evenings. I had

vegetable lo mein last night which was actually pretty good.

Tonight was just a Luna Bar. Sigh.

Love,

Anna

, " Jo Cwazy " <heartwork@c...> wrote:

> HI Anna

>

> It's good to hear from you. I hope you find more to eat. Let us

know what

> happens.

>

> BB

> Jo

>

> -

> " snakewoman327 " <anna333@e...>

>

> Sunday, August 21, 2005 12:48 AM

> hello from ohio

>

>

> Hi Group,

>

> I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place since

I've

> left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.

>

> Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months back? I

> have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste disgusting. I

> get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically because they

> advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the front desk

I

> see a sign that says " Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no cats.) " I

> really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find a place

> that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything and

> sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for very

> long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up

(they're

> not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that would

> deliver food to the motel and the only place close by was a Burger

> King, so I ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half that I

> couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was completey foul.

> And I was really hungry.

>

> Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get on the

> freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long on-ramp?

>

> I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have orientation

> Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I can

> afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make a

deposit

> until Wednesday.

>

> Will check in soon.

>

> Love,

> Anna

To send an email to -

>

People just don't get it! If animals are raised with respect, then they are

just as traumatized and a little human would be if you lock them up.

As to the college, well, hmmmm, ya need to get used to it cause it is SOP!

I've worked in colleges and won some scholarships and even though they were

100% it just wasn't worth having to put up with the aggravation! They have

a mantra, " my way or the highway " and heaven help you if you are capable of

independent and logical thought processing!

Lynda

-

snakewoman327 <anna333

Monday, August 22, 2005 8:10 PM

> Pit bulls are actually very sweet dogs when they're raised and

> trained properly (and not fed drugs as puppies - that's really

> f*cked up.)

>

> It's tough to put critters in kennels - my cats are really pissed

> right now. The motel manager asked me to put my kitties in the

> kennel when I have to leave them unattended, which I did today (I

> had to go yell at the financial aid people at school, then go yell

> at the registrar - it took two hours and I was nearly escorted off

> campus by the police, but my loan has finally been processed and

> I've finally been able to register for some classes.) At least they

> backed off their " Don't leave them unattended in the room at all "

> policy.

>

> Love,

> Anna

>

> , " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> > Try owning a pitbull! We have two dogs now, both rescues. One is

> a Walker Hound and she has the face of an angel and the disposition

> of an alligator with pms! Everyone thinks she is sooooo sweet.

> Well, until they get within a block of her <g> She came from a drug

> house and they were feeding mom drugs and it got into the pups via

> mom's milk. son #3 brought her home and she had rubber bones. We

> saved her but didn't think she would survive so we named her Tuff

> Enuf Mugwump.

> >

> > Our other dog is Hurricane Cali, a sable pitbull. Of course,

> everyone is afraid of her and she is the sweetest dog in the world.

> Another rescue and she has the genetic problems that come with some

> pits plus she was literally run over by two cars when she was about

> 3 months old.

> >

> > They both babysit our rescue cat (he's going to be 13 this

> Halloween) who is tiny, old and crippled. He's a semi-long haired

> little guy named Boo.

> >

> > I don't like to put anyone in a kennel, so we haven't been

> traveling much the last few years. With the current price of fuel,

> I figure it won't be long before we can pick up a motorhome of some

> name for peanuts and then we'll be back on the road doing the living

> history thing with the kidlet.

> >

> > Lynda

> >

> >

> > -

> > DragonSpiritHealer

> >

> > Sunday, August 21, 2005 5:46 AM

> > Re: hello from ohio

> >

> >

> > Hello Anna,

> >

> > Thanks for the warning on the BK veggiburger - I will avoid

> them. As to the hotel thing, well, I have dogs, but when I traveled

> I had 3 with me so I had to call ahead and ensure they would accept

> the dogs. That is hard with they were 17 lbs, 45 lbs, and 75 lbs.

> Good luck on finding a place, more and more do not like pets.

> >

> > As to the 45 on-ramp thing, well it seems to be everywhere. I

> don't understand either why anyone would drive so slow getting onto

> 65+ mph traffic. Just watch out for it and be careful.

> >

> > Good luck on the rest of your trip.

> >

> > Dragonspirithealer

> >

> > snakewoman327 <anna333@e...> wrote:

> > Hi Group,

> >

> > I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place

> since I've

> > left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.

> >

> > Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months

> back? I

> > have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste

> disgusting. I

> > get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically because

> they

> > advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the front

> desk I

> > see a sign that says " Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no cats.) "

> I

> > really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find a

> place

> > that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything and

> > sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for

> very

> > long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up

> (they're

> > not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that would

> > d eliver food to the motel and the only place close by was a

> Burger

> > King, so I ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half

> that I

> > couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was completey

> foul.

> > And I was really hungry.

> >

> > Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get on

> the

> > freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long on-

> ramp?

> >

> > I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have

> orientation

> > Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I

> can

> > afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make a

> deposit

> > until Wednesday.

> >

> > Will check in soon.

> >

> > Love,

> > Anna

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > -

> -----------

> > Start your day with - make it your home page

> >

> > To send an email to -

>

> >

> >

> >

> > -

> -----------

> >

> >

> > a.. Visit your group " " on the web.

> >

> > b..

Hi Anna

I'm glad you arrived safely, and I hope you get a proper meal soon. At

least you hada Luna bar.

Jo

Hi Jo et al,

I made it to New Haven last night. There's a place called Edge of

the Woods that's just down the street from my motel that's supposed

to be good, but it closes fairly early in the eve and I've missed

the chance to get dinner there the past two evenings. I had

vegetable lo mein last night which was actually pretty good.

Tonight was just a Luna Bar. Sigh.

Love,

Anna

, " Jo Cwazy " <heartwork@c...> wrote:

> HI Anna

>

> It's good to hear from you. I hope you find more to eat. Let us

know what

> happens.

>

> BB

> Jo

>

> -

> " snakewoman327 " <anna333@e...>

>

> Sunday, August 21, 2005 12:48 AM

> hello from ohio

>

>

> Hi Group,

>

> I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place since

I've

> left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.

>

> Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months back? I

> have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste disgusting. I

> get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically because they

> advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the front desk

I

> see a sign that says " Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no cats.) " I

> really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find a place

> that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything and

> sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for very

> long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up

(they're

> not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that would

> deliver food to the motel and the only place close by was a Burger

> King, so I ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half that I

> couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was completey foul.

> And I was really hungry.

>

> Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get on the

> freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long on-ramp?

>

> I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have orientation

> Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I can

> afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make a

deposit

> until Wednesday.

>

> Will check in soon.

>

> Love,

> Anna

To send an email to -

>

Hi Anna

I bet you are - but it was good you had them, so you didn't starve! Once

you get settled and find out where to eat, or your own place so you can

cook, you need not eat them for a while.

Jo

> I stocked up on Luna Bars and pumpkin seeds before I left Idaho. At

> this point I'm really sick of both.

>

> Love,

> Anna

>

> , " zurumato@e... " <zurumato@e...>

> wrote:

> > Hi anna,

> >

> > when my husband (then boyfriend) and I drove from NY to CA, we

> were on the road for six days straight. we had a really hard time

> finding foods.

> >

> > We would go into a regular restaurant and order spagethi with

> tomato sauce and green salad.

> > This was what we would eat often. Then we would go into any

> supermarket load up on non-perishables and eat PB & J sandwiches

> with a good fruit juice for breakfast.

> >

> > When you are on the road.. You get creative, specially in the

> middle of nowhere.

> >

> > We also brought along a Plug-In cooker

> > and in the hotels we would plug the cooker in and we would eat a

> lot of vegetable soups that way in the hotel and save on

> > ordering. If your going to buy a Plug-In cooker, make sure you

> bring a can opener for the soups and fork and spoon. We would wash

> these before leaving the hotel.

> >

> > In case of emergency, I think that the folks at Pizza Hut can

> make you a cheeseless pizza, and although I wouldn't support

> > Taco Bell company, In case of an emergency.I believe that you

> can order a cheeseless bean burrito.

> >

> > Mostly we looked for Mexican restaurants(for rice and bean

> burritos) and Italian restaurants ( for the meatless spaguetti).

> >

> > -anouk

> >

> >

> > -

> > snakewoman327

> >

> > 8/20/2005 7:48:38 PM

> > hello from ohio

> >

> >

> > Hi Group,

> >

> > I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place since

> I've

> > left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.

> >

> > Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months back? I

> > have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste disgusting.

> I

> > get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically because

> they

> > advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the front desk

> I

> > see a sign that says " Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no cats.) " I

> > really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find a place

> > that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything and

> > sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for very

> > long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up

> (they're

> > not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that would

> > deliver food to the motel and the only place close by was a Burger

> > King, so I ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half that I

> > couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was completey

> foul.

> > And I was really hungry.

> >

> > Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get on the

> > freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long on-ramp?

> >

> > I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have orientation

> > Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I can

> > afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make a

> deposit

> > until Wednesday.

> >

> > Will check in soon.

> >

> > Love,

> > Anna

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to -

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Visit your group " " on the web.

> >

> >

Yeah, you'ld think that,wouldn't you (that many restaurants have switched to vegetable oils)? Especially in an area as large as our Valley. I'm repeatedly frustrated that I'm lied to by so many servers too. One Itallian place swore over and over that they used Olive Oil on their bread, but someone recently admited to me that wasn't the case, it's butter. Peckerheads!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

depends at the place you go..

taco bell was testin a varient of the olestra stripped fat a number of years ago, but have no idea wot become of it..it was animal based

pizza hut is not vegan...even without cheese....the pizza sauce has cheese solids and i think whey, and their dipping sauces have *natural flavors*(read beef ), and their zesty sauce has chicken fat

got to a real mexican restuarant and just ask...

most places out here stopped using lard and switched to vegetable oils....

Jonnie Hellens Aug 21, 2005 11:50 AM RE: hello from ohio

Hi anna,

-anouk

-

snakewoman327

hello from ohio

Hi Group,I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place since I've left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months back? I have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste disgusting. I get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically because they advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the front desk I see a sign that says "Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no cats.)" I really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find a place that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything and sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for very long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up (they're not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that would deliver food to the motel and the only place close by was a Burger King, so I

ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half that I couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was completey foul. And I was really hungry.Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get on the freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long on-ramp?I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have orientation Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I can afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make a deposit until Wednesday.Will check in soon.Love,Anna

Jonnie

To send an email to -

technically thats horribly illegal, and if you wanted, you could cause all sorts of trouble

but

hey..phoenix is a tad different then the bay area...you kids live in a much more conservative area..even with the skools in tempe... Jonnie Hellens Aug 23, 2005 4:50 PM RE: hello from ohio

Yeah, you'ld think that,wouldn't you (that many restaurants have switched to vegetable oils)? Especially in an area as large as our Valley. I'm repeatedly frustrated that I'm lied to by so many servers too. One Itallian place swore over and over that they used Olive Oil on their bread, but someone recently admited to me that wasn't the case, it's butter. Peckerheads!

a blinding flash hotter than the sun dead bodies lie across the path the radiation colors the air

finishing one by one

I mailed my intent to enroll form by overnight mail on June 29 - my

financial aid application wasn't processed until August 15. And

yes, I filed my FAFSA by the deadline. The people I've dealt with

in the financial aid office have been extremely rude and completely

incompetent. Classes start this Monday and I wasn't able to

register until yesterday - half of the classes I needed to register

for were filled. I had to pick up an unnecessary elective just to

maintain my full-time status. I e-mailed the director of the

financial aid office and he came off like I was the one who screwed

up.

I had a similar experience with the bursar's office. I don't

remember dealing with administration being this hard.

And I don't get my disbursement until October at the earliest! I'm

not sure how I'm supposed to pay for books or cover rent until I

find a job without that money.

Love,

Anna

, " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> People just don't get it! If animals are raised with respect,

then they are

> just as traumatized and a little human would be if you lock them

up.

>

> As to the college, well, hmmmm, ya need to get used to it cause it

is SOP!

> I've worked in colleges and won some scholarships and even though

they were

> 100% it just wasn't worth having to put up with the aggravation!

They have

> a mantra, " my way or the highway " and heaven help you if you are

capable of

> independent and logical thought processing!

>

> Lynda

> -

> snakewoman327 <anna333@e...>

>

> Monday, August 22, 2005 8:10 PM

> Re: hello from ohio

>

>

> > Pit bulls are actually very sweet dogs when they're raised and

> > trained properly (and not fed drugs as puppies - that's really

> > f*cked up.)

> >

> > It's tough to put critters in kennels - my cats are really pissed

> > right now. The motel manager asked me to put my kitties in the

> > kennel when I have to leave them unattended, which I did today (I

> > had to go yell at the financial aid people at school, then go

yell

> > at the registrar - it took two hours and I was nearly escorted

off

> > campus by the police, but my loan has finally been processed and

> > I've finally been able to register for some classes.) At least

they

> > backed off their " Don't leave them unattended in the room at all "

> > policy.

> >

> > Love,

> > Anna

> >

> > , " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> > > Try owning a pitbull! We have two dogs now, both rescues.

One is

> > a Walker Hound and she has the face of an angel and the

disposition

> > of an alligator with pms! Everyone thinks she is sooooo sweet.

> > Well, until they get within a block of her <g> She came from a

drug

> > house and they were feeding mom drugs and it got into the pups

via

> > mom's milk. son #3 brought her home and she had rubber bones.

We

> > saved her but didn't think she would survive so we named her Tuff

> > Enuf Mugwump.

> > >

> > > Our other dog is Hurricane Cali, a sable pitbull. Of course,

> > everyone is afraid of her and she is the sweetest dog in the

world.

> > Another rescue and she has the genetic problems that come with

some

> > pits plus she was literally run over by two cars when she was

about

> > 3 months old.

> > >

> > > They both babysit our rescue cat (he's going to be 13 this

> > Halloween) who is tiny, old and crippled. He's a semi-long

haired

> > little guy named Boo.

> > >

> > > I don't like to put anyone in a kennel, so we haven't been

> > traveling much the last few years. With the current price of

fuel,

> > I figure it won't be long before we can pick up a motorhome of

some

> > name for peanuts and then we'll be back on the road doing the

living

> > history thing with the kidlet.

> > >

> > > Lynda

> > >

> > >

> > > -

> > > DragonSpiritHealer

> > >

> > > Sunday, August 21, 2005 5:46 AM

> > > Re: hello from ohio

> > >

> > >

> > > Hello Anna,

> > >

> > > Thanks for the warning on the BK veggiburger - I will avoid

> > them. As to the hotel thing, well, I have dogs, but when I

traveled

> > I had 3 with me so I had to call ahead and ensure they would

accept

> > the dogs. That is hard with they were 17 lbs, 45 lbs, and 75

lbs.

> > Good luck on finding a place, more and more do not like pets.

> > >

> > > As to the 45 on-ramp thing, well it seems to be everywhere.

I

> > don't understand either why anyone would drive so slow getting

onto

> > 65+ mph traffic. Just watch out for it and be careful.

> > >

> > > Good luck on the rest of your trip.

> > >

> > > Dragonspirithealer

> > >

> > > snakewoman327 <anna333@e...> wrote:

> > > Hi Group,

> > >

> > > I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place

> > since I've

> > > left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.

> > >

> > > Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months

> > back? I

> > > have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste

> > disgusting. I

> > > get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically

because

> > they

> > > advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the

front

> > desk I

> > > see a sign that says " Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no

cats.) "

> > I

> > > really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find

a

> > place

> > > that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything

and

> > > sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for

> > very

> > > long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up

> > (they're

> > > not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that

would

> > > d eliver food to the motel and the only place close by was

a

> > Burger

> > > King, so I ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half

> > that I

> > > couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was

completey

> > foul.

> > > And I was really hungry.

> > >

> > > Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get

on

> > the

> > > freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long

on-

> > ramp?

> > >

> > > I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have

> > orientation

> > > Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I

> > can

> > > afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make

a

> > deposit

> > > until Wednesday.

> > >

> > > Will check in soon.

> > >

> > > Love,

> > > Anna

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------------------------

----

> > -----------

> > > Start your day with - make it your home page

> > >

> > > To send an email to -

> >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ------------------------------

----

> > -----------

> > >

> > >

> > > a.. Visit your group " " on the web.

> > >

> > > b..

Besides p.s. not preparing kids for college, I think a lot of the colleg

dropout problem is because of the staff. Well, and some of the profs! I

swear, I never did finish because I couldn't find a prof for the one history

that I needed that didn't literally put me to sleep! Boring doesn't

describe it and I LOVE history!

Hang in there! BTW, they do have a means of doing an advance, not that

they'll tell you that! They do have emergency grant money!

Lynda

-

snakewoman327 <anna333

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:54 PM

> I mailed my intent to enroll form by overnight mail on June 29 - my

> financial aid application wasn't processed until August 15. And

> yes, I filed my FAFSA by the deadline. The people I've dealt with

> in the financial aid office have been extremely rude and completely

> incompetent. Classes start this Monday and I wasn't able to

> register until yesterday - half of the classes I needed to register

> for were filled. I had to pick up an unnecessary elective just to

> maintain my full-time status. I e-mailed the director of the

> financial aid office and he came off like I was the one who screwed

> up.

>

> I had a similar experience with the bursar's office. I don't

> remember dealing with administration being this hard.

>

> And I don't get my disbursement until October at the earliest! I'm

> not sure how I'm supposed to pay for books or cover rent until I

> find a job without that money.

>

> Love,

> Anna

>

> , " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> > People just don't get it! If animals are raised with respect,

> then they are

> > just as traumatized and a little human would be if you lock them

> up.

> >

> > As to the college, well, hmmmm, ya need to get used to it cause it

> is SOP!

> > I've worked in colleges and won some scholarships and even though

> they were

> > 100% it just wasn't worth having to put up with the aggravation!

> They have

> > a mantra, " my way or the highway " and heaven help you if you are

> capable of

> > independent and logical thought processing!

> >

> > Lynda

> > -

> > snakewoman327 <anna333@e...>

> >

> > Monday, August 22, 2005 8:10 PM

> > Re: hello from ohio

> >

> >

> > > Pit bulls are actually very sweet dogs when they're raised and

> > > trained properly (and not fed drugs as puppies - that's really

> > > f*cked up.)

> > >

> > > It's tough to put critters in kennels - my cats are really pissed

> > > right now. The motel manager asked me to put my kitties in the

> > > kennel when I have to leave them unattended, which I did today (I

> > > had to go yell at the financial aid people at school, then go

> yell

> > > at the registrar - it took two hours and I was nearly escorted

> off

> > > campus by the police, but my loan has finally been processed and

> > > I've finally been able to register for some classes.) At least

> they

> > > backed off their " Don't leave them unattended in the room at all "

> > > policy.

> > >

> > > Love,

> > > Anna

> > >

> > > , " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> > > > Try owning a pitbull! We have two dogs now, both rescues.

> One is

> > > a Walker Hound and she has the face of an angel and the

> disposition

> > > of an alligator with pms! Everyone thinks she is sooooo sweet.

> > > Well, until they get within a block of her <g> She came from a

> drug

> > > house and they were feeding mom drugs and it got into the pups

> via

> > > mom's milk. son #3 brought her home and she had rubber bones.

> We

> > > saved her but didn't think she would survive so we named her Tuff

> > > Enuf Mugwump.

> > > >

> > > > Our other dog is Hurricane Cali, a sable pitbull. Of course,

> > > everyone is afraid of her and she is the sweetest dog in the

> world.

> > > Another rescue and she has the genetic problems that come with

> some

> > > pits plus she was literally run over by two cars when she was

> about

> > > 3 months old.

> > > >

> > > > They both babysit our rescue cat (he's going to be 13 this

> > > Halloween) who is tiny, old and crippled. He's a semi-long

> haired

> > > little guy named Boo.

> > > >

> > > > I don't like to put anyone in a kennel, so we haven't been

> > > traveling much the last few years. With the current price of

> fuel,

> > > I figure it won't be long before we can pick up a motorhome of

> some

> > > name for peanuts and then we'll be back on the road doing the

> living

> > > history thing with the kidlet.

> > > >

> > > > Lynda

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > -

> > > > DragonSpiritHealer

> > > >

> > > > Sunday, August 21, 2005 5:46 AM

> > > > Re: hello from ohio

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Hello Anna,

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for the warning on the BK veggiburger - I will avoid

> > > them. As to the hotel thing, well, I have dogs, but when I

> traveled

> > > I had 3 with me so I had to call ahead and ensure they would

> accept

> > > the dogs. That is hard with they were 17 lbs, 45 lbs, and 75

> lbs.

> > > Good luck on finding a place, more and more do not like pets.

> > > >

> > > > As to the 45 on-ramp thing, well it seems to be everywhere.

> I

> > > don't understand either why anyone would drive so slow getting

> onto

> > > 65+ mph traffic. Just watch out for it and be careful.

> > > >

> > > > Good luck on the rest of your trip.

> > > >

> > > > Dragonspirithealer

> > > >

> > > > snakewoman327 <anna333@e...> wrote:

> > > > Hi Group,

> > > >

> > > > I'm currently in Austintown, OH. This is the first place

> > > since I've

> > > > left Idaho that I've been able to get internet access.

> > > >

> > > > Remember that BK Veggie Burger debate we had some months

> > > back? I

> > > > have yet another reason to not eat them - they taste

> > > disgusting. I

> > > > get to the Econolodge here which I booked specifically

> because

> > > they

> > > > advertised that they accept pets. When I arrive at the

> front

> > > desk I

> > > > see a sign that says " Pets Accepted!!! (Dogs only, no

> cats.) "

> > > I

> > > > really didn't feel like driving around Ohio trying to find

> a

> > > place

> > > > that would take my two cats, so I just didn't say anything

> and

> > > > sneaked them into my room. I didn't want to leave them for

> > > very

> > > > long for fear they'd make lots of noise or tear the room up

> > > (they're

> > > > not travelling well) and I couldn't find any place that

> would

> > > > d eliver food to the motel and the only place close by was

> a

> > > Burger

> > > > King, so I ordered a veggie burger with no mayo. The half

> > > that I

> > > > couldn't eat is now sitting in the garbage - it was

> completey

> > > foul.

> > > > And I was really hungry.

> > > >

> > > > Are there any Mid-Westerners here? Why do you people get

> on

> > > the

> > > > freeway doing 45 mph even when there's a nice, big, long

> on-

> > > ramp?

> > > >

> > > > I'm expecting to be in Connecticut tomorrow. I have

> > > orientation

> > > > Monday evening and will be looking for a studio apartment I

> > > can

> > > > afford, although I probaby won't have enough money to make

> a

> > > deposit

> > > > until Wednesday.

> > > >

> > > > Will check in soon.

> > > >

> > > > Love,

> > > > Anna

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ------------------------------

> ----

> > > -----------

> > > > Start your day with - make it your home page

> > > >

> > > > To send an email to -

> > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ------------------------------

> ----

> > > -----------

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > a.. Visit your group " " on the web.

> > > >

> > > > b..