IndiaDivine.org

Shootin Up The Law?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is it true about sharks being in the water? how did they get there, is it close to the ocean ( never believe I passed geography would you?)

The areas hit hardest by Hurricane Katrina are unfortunately also those hardest hit by looters while the police trying to stop them in New Orleans came under attack when two men with AK-47s opened fire on their police station. Fox News reporter Jeff Goldblatt said two men with automatic weapons opened fire on a downtown New Orleans police station late Tuesday in an apparent retaliation against an officer who tried to stop looters earlier in the day from carting off clothes and jewelry from stores in the area. As conditions deteriorated on the Gulf Coast, with no electricity, no water, and rising flood waters, looters were running wild in the streets, first looting grocery stores and later pharmacies, clothing and jewelry stores. "It's downtown Baghdad," a tourist in downtown New Orleans said. "It's insane. I've wanted to come here for 10 years. I thought this was a sophisticated city. I guess not." Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour said looting would not be tolerated in his state and that looters would be dealt with "ruthlessly," but with no electricity in the areas hardest hit and communication systems down, police and National Guard units were hampered in their efforts to stop the lawlessness. A Matter of SurvivalBut some of the "looting" was a matter of survival. One report said a manager of a Wal-Mart opened the doors of his store and told residents to take anything they needed. At a drug store near the French Quarter in New Orleans, two police officers with shotguns stood guard as workers from the Ritz-Carlton Hotel across the street loaded large laundry bins full of medications, snack foods and bottled water. "This is for the sick," Officer Jeff Jacob said. "We can commandeer whatever we see fit, whatever is necessary to maintain law." Officer D.J. Butler told the crowd standing around that they would leave as soon as they got the necessities. "I'm not saying you're welcome to it," the officer said. "This is the situation we're in. We have to make the best of it."fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

slowly

and carefully

it might take months to pump out all the water...

at the moment, they have to seriously worry about disease...

and...if there were any problems with natural gas lines, they are gonna have some serious problems

and, fats domino is among the missing Jonnie Hellens Sep 1, 2005 10:50 AM Re: thousands dead...?

This is so heartbreaking. I can't even begin to imagine what these people are going thru. How do you re-build after this?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

are you a mod or are you a skin or are you a punk or are you just faking?Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

sharks? no....

lake ponchartrain is fresh water peter hurd Sep 1, 2005 12:46 PM Re: Shootin Up The Law?

Is it true about sharks being in the water? how did they get there, is it close to the ocean ( never believe I passed geography would you?)

The areas hit hardest by Hurricane Katrina are unfortunately also those hardest hit by looters while the police trying to stop them in New Orleans came under attack when two men with AK-47s opened fire on their police station. Fox News reporter Jeff Goldblatt said two men with automatic weapons opened fire on a downtown New Orleans police station late Tuesday in an apparent retaliation against an officer who tried to stop looters earlier in the day from carting off clothes and jewelry from stores in the area. As conditions deteriorated on the Gulf Coast, with no electricity, no water, and rising flood waters, looters were running wild in the streets, first looting grocery stores and later pharmacies, clothing and jewelry stores. "It's downtown Baghdad," a tourist in downtown New Orleans said. "It's insane. I've wanted to come here for 10 years. I thought this was a sophisticated city. I guess not." Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour said looting would not be tolerated in his state and that looters would be dealt with "ruthlessly," but with no electricity in the areas hardest hit and communication systems down, police and National Guard units were hampered in their efforts to stop the lawlessness. A Matter of SurvivalBut some of the "looting" was a matter of survival. One report said a manager of a Wal-Mart opened the doors of his store and told residents to take anything they needed. At a drug store near the French Quarter in New Orleans, two police officers with shotguns stood guard as workers from the Ritz-Carlton Hotel across the street loaded large laundry bins full of medications, snack foods and bottled water. "This is for the sick," Officer Jeff Jacob said. "We can commandeer whatever we see fit, whatever is necessary to maintain law." Officer D.J. Butler told the crowd standing around that they would leave as soon as they got the necessities. "I'm not saying you're welcome to it," the officer said. "This is the situation we're in. We have to make the best of it."fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

slowly

and carefully

and...if there were any problems with natural gas lines, they are gonna have some serious problems

and, fats domino is among the missing Jonnie Hellens Sep 1, 2005 10:50 AM Re: thousands dead...?

This is so heartbreaking. I can't even begin to imagine what these people are going thru. How do you re-build after this?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: are you a mod or are you a skin or are you a punk or are you just faking?

Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos To send an email to -

Some excellent photographs that realy ram home the tragic story :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2005/09/01/GA2005090100820

The Valley Vegan...............

fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

sharks? no....

lake ponchartrain is fresh water peter hurd Sep 1, 2005 12:46 PM Re: Shootin Up The Law?

slowly

and carefully

This is so heartbreaking. I can't even begin to imagine what these people are going thru. How do you re-build after this?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: are you a mod or are you a skin or are you a punk or are you just faking?

Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos To send an email to -

didn't work................. peter hurd Sep 1, 2005 2:57 PM Re: Shootin Up The Law?

sharks? no....

slowly

and carefully

Peter H

Sorry tried to get the route try :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/

and click on the ludicrous picture of the armed SWAT team passing the homeless and displaced.......skip the ad, the tab AFTERMATH contains some good shots.

The Valley Vegan..........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

didn't work................. peter hurd Sep 1, 2005 2:57 PM Re: Shootin Up The Law?

sharks? no....

slowly

and carefully

Peter H

I watched part of a special news show on Katrina last night until it bummed me out so much I decided to read instead. According to ABC's Elizabeth Vargas, there are also venoumous snakes in the water.

Love,

Anna peter hurd Sep 1, 2005 3:46 PM Re: Shootin Up The Law?

slowly

and carefully

Peter H

In the Gulf and supposedly taking a stroll up the Mississippi.

Lynda

-

fraggle

Thursday, September 01, 2005 1:10 PM

Re: Shootin Up The Law?

sharks? no....

slowly

and carefully

Peter H

Gee, if all the dead bodies and disease weren't enuf, now you have to add venoumous snakes???Anna Blaine <anna333 wrote:

I watched part of a special news show on Katrina last night until it bummed me out so much I decided to read instead. According to ABC's Elizabeth Vargas, there are also venoumous snakes in the water.

Love,

slowly

and carefully

Peter H

Plus four legged alligators <g> That would be different than the two-legged ones who routinely wander in that area!

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:49 PM

Re: Shootin Up The Law?

Gee, if all the dead bodies and disease weren't enuf, now you have to add venoumous snakes???Anna Blaine <anna333 wrote:

Love,

slowly

and carefully

Peter H

well...you leave them alone..they'll leave you alone...

just don't try to climb onto the same spot of dry land they are on....

apparantly, they aren't allowing pets on the buses evacuating from the Superdome...

imagine that..yer in hell, dead bodies in the street, destruction all around, and as yer tryin to survive, they basically aren't gonna let yer child on board...

Jonnie Hellens Sep 1, 2005 4:49 PM Re: Shootin Up The Law?

Gee, if all the dead bodies and disease weren't enuf, now you have to add venoumous snakes???

are you a mod or are you a skin or are you a punk or are you just faking?