IndiaDivine.org

weekend

Rate this topic

Guest guest

She has detached retinas, due they think to high blood pressure. They tested her heart and her kidneys, but all checked o.k., waiting on thyroid tests to come back now. Even though she cannot see, and lives in my bedroom full time, she still is comparotively healthy, and manages to get around o.k., and eats o.k. so the question of quality of life is not risen yet.

Bad day for cats around me.

The Valley Vegan.............Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

What's wrong with you old cat Peter?

Our lovely little budgie cost us a lot the last year of his life about £850 pounds in all, but you cannot leave them untended.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:25 PM

Re: Re: weekend

didnt know glen left, but then again hadnt heard anything from the for a while. Touring with Adequate seven who are worth a listen.

Cash now at a premium this week, as my 15 year old cat just pushed me into the red, having cost me 270 quid at the vets.............its turning out to be a very shity week............

The Valley Vegan...........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

don't take my word fer it..but..they are pretty wretched

tho..they are going on tour with 45 grave...

glen isn't in the band......... peter hurd Sep 5, 2005 2:05 PM Re: Re: weekend

Sounds like you had a good time, I am thinking of going to see The Misfits, but dont know how good they are now ( must 110 years old by now!). I wish I had been to Reading and Leeds this year, some great bands at the Lock Up stage ( Rise Against / Anti Flag / Hatebreed / Bad Religion and many more).

Hope you didnt bang your head too much, time to put that air guitar to bed eh?

The Valley Vegan...........heartwerk <heartwork wrote:

They were good. First night was Viking Metal Night (lots of Vikings in the audience :-))- Metalium, Storm Warrior, who did a set with Kai Hansen (ex-Helloween vocalist) and Hammerfall. All very good. The second day there were loads of bands - we saw Iron Saviour, good mainstream metal - Raven - bad mainstream metal (the only 'not'good' band we saw),Bob Catley (Magnum vocalist) doing an acoustic set, After Forever (brilliant - not heard them before), Amon Amarth (also brilliant) and Within Temptation. We also saw Cathedral on the second stage.I'm now adding After Forever, Amon Amarth and Iron Saviour cds to my Yule list.Jo , peter hurd wrote:> Any of the bands any good? cant say Ive heard of any of them.> > The Valley Vegan........> > Jo Cwazy

wrote:> We just got back from the Bloodstock heavy metal weekend in Derby. Had a> really good time :-)> > The journey back took 5 hours ! for 164 miles, most of them on the> motorways. It was stop/start all the way home, and the weather was so hot!> > Now to read the list emails ....> > Jo> > > > > To send an email to - >

:(

sorry to hear that

hopefully it'll all come out ok

my cat, lickey, (don't ask..ex named him) just passed 16...

a couple years back his kidneys failed him, and he was in the hospital for a week

that wasn't cheap let me tell ya

but..wot can ya do eh?

he was suppose to be given a saline fluid injection each day

but

he hated it

i hated it

so..stopped

and, well..he's still clickin along

so far

fraggle peter hurd Sep 6, 2005 1:34 PM Re: Re: weekend

She has detached retinas, due they think to high blood pressure. They tested her heart and her kidneys, but all checked o.k., waiting on thyroid tests to come back now. Even though she cannot see, and lives in my bedroom full time, she still is comparotively healthy, and manages to get around o.k., and eats o.k. so the question of quality of life is not risen yet.

Our lovely little budgie cost us a lot the last year of his life about £850 pounds in all, but you cannot leave them untended.

Jo

----- O

War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

That sounds treatable anyway. It's good her heart and kidneys are okay - as I believe older cats do get a lot of kidney trouble.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:34 PM

Jo

-

peter hurd

didnt know glen left, but then again hadnt heard anything from the for a while. Touring with Adequate seven who are worth a listen.

Cash now at a premium this week, as my 15 year old cat just pushed me into the red, having cost me 270 quid at the vets.............its turning out to be a very shity week............

Sounds like you had a good time, I am thinking of going to see The Misfits, but dont know how good they are now ( must 110 years old by now!). I wish I had been to Reading and Leeds this year, some great bands at the Lock Up stage ( Rise Against / Anti Flag / Hatebreed / Bad Religion and many more).

They were good. First night was Viking Metal Night (lots of Vikings in the audience :-))- Metalium, Storm Warrior, who did a set with Kai Hansen (ex-Helloween vocalist) and Hammerfall. All very good. The second day there were loads of bands - we saw Iron Saviour, good mainstream metal - Raven - bad mainstream metal (the only 'not'good' band we saw),Bob Catley (Magnum vocalist) doing an acoustic set, After Forever (brilliant - not heard them before), Amon Amarth (also brilliant) and Within Temptation. We also saw Cathedral on the second stage.I'm now adding After Forever, Amon Amarth and Iron Saviour cds to my Yule list.Jo , peter hurd wrote:> Any of the bands any good? cant say Ive heard of any of them.> > The Valley Vegan........> > Jo Cwazy wrote:> We just got back from the Bloodstock heavy metal weekend in Derby. Had a> really good time :-)> > The journey back took 5 hours ! for 164 miles, most of them on the> motorways. It was stop/start all the way home, and the weather was so hot!> > Now to read the list emails ....> > Jo> > > > > To send an email to - >

awww,

I's cat people too.

Peter,

enjoy her company as much as you can, lots of huggs and kisses.

-anouk

mama to 3 cats and 1 dog.

-

fraggle

9/6/2005 4:48:17 PM

:(

sorry to hear that

hopefully it'll all come out ok

my cat, lickey, (don't ask..ex named him) just passed 16...

a couple years back his kidneys failed him, and he was in the hospital for a week

that wasn't cheap let me tell ya

but..wot can ya do eh?

he was suppose to be given a saline fluid injection each day

but

he hated it

i hated it

so..stopped

and, well..he's still clickin along

so far

fraggle

Yeah, we had a guinea pig that broke it's little leg,. somehow got it stuck in the cage. My DH went thru the roof that we paid so much for the leg to be set and casted. He complained, but knew it had to be done. Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

peter hurd

They were good. First night was Viking Metal Night (lots of Vikings in the audience :-))- Metalium, Storm Warrior, who did a set with Kai Hansen (ex-Helloween vocalist) and Hammerfall. All very good. The second day there were loads of bands - we saw Iron Saviour, good mainstream metal - Raven - bad mainstream metal (the only 'not'good' band we saw),Bob Catley (Magnum vocalist) doing an acoustic set, After Forever (brilliant - not heard them before), Amon Amarth (also brilliant) and Within Temptation. We also saw Cathedral on the second stage.I'm now adding After Forever, Amon Amarth and Iron Saviour cds to my Yule list.Jo , peter hurd wrote:> Any of the bands any good? cant say Ive heard of any of them.> > The Valley Vegan........> > Jo Cwazy

wrote:> We just got back from the Bloodstock heavy metal weekend in Derby. Had a> really good time :-)> > The journey back took 5 hours ! for 164 miles, most of them on the> motorways. It was stop/start all the way home, and the weather was so hot!> > Now to read the list emails ....> > Jo> > > > > To send an email to - >

Hi Jonnie

Guinea Pigs are lovely little animals although they do have sharp teeth!

I forgot to mention that on top of the money for our budgie's treatment we also missed our heavy metal weekend that we had paid £120 for because he needed his medicine every day. Oh well, he was worth it.

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:25 PM

Yeah, we had a guinea pig that broke it's little leg,. somehow got it stuck in the cage. My DH went thru the roof that we paid so much for the leg to be set and casted. He complained, but knew it had to be done. Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

peter hurd

They were good. First night was Viking Metal Night (lots of Vikings in the audience :-))- Metalium, Storm Warrior, who did a set with Kai Hansen (ex-Helloween vocalist) and Hammerfall. All very good. The second day there were loads of bands - we saw Iron Saviour, good mainstream metal - Raven - bad mainstream metal (the only 'not'good' band we saw),Bob Catley (Magnum vocalist) doing an acoustic set, After Forever (brilliant - not heard them before), Amon Amarth (also brilliant) and Within Temptation. We also saw Cathedral on the second stage.I'm now adding After Forever, Amon Amarth and Iron Saviour cds to my Yule list.Jo , peter hurd wrote:> Any of the bands any good? cant say Ive heard of any of them.> > The Valley Vegan........> > Jo Cwazy wrote:> We just got back from the Bloodstock heavy metal weekend in Derby. Had a> really good time :-)> > The journey back took 5 hours ! for 164 miles, most of them on the> motorways. It was stop/start all the way home, and the weather was so hot!> > Now to read the list emails ....> > Jo> > > > > To send an email to - >

So far, I've yet to do more than see their sharp teeth!

Too bad there wasn't someone you could have trusted to take good care of him while you were gone.Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Hi Jonnie

Guinea Pigs are lovely little animals although they do have sharp teeth!

I forgot to mention that on top of the money for our budgie's treatment we also missed our heavy metal weekend that we had paid £120 for because he needed his medicine every day. Oh well, he was worth it.

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:25 PM

Jo

-

peter hurd

Our daughter would have been quite capable of giving him his medicine, but she had a budgie and a parrot, and we didn't want them to catch psittacosis from our budgie.

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:53 PM

So far, I've yet to do more than see their sharp teeth!

Too bad there wasn't someone you could have trusted to take good care of him while you were gone.