learning to make those hearty foods that warm us from the inside out. As the

days

begin to get shorter and the nights longer (and cooler), join us for what will

be

a fun class packed with nutritious, delicious food - and lots of sampling. We

use

seasonal, local, organic ingredients. PLUS! Sign up a friend for October's

cooking

class and be entered in a drawing to win a gift certificate to any future class.

On the Menu for October's Class

-African Sweet Potato & Peanut Stew with Couscous

-Lentil Loaf with Mushroom Gravy

-Potato Leek Soup

-Creamy Caesar Salad

-Apple & Berry Crisp

WHEN: Saturday, October 8th -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.

WHERE: First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro. Directions:

http://www.uuoakland.org/directions.htm

COST: $40

HOW TO SIGN UP: Register online at www.compassionatecooks.com/reg.htm or mail a

check to Colleen Patrick-Goudreau P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619.

PLEASE NOTE: You are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up until we receive your

payment,

at which time we will send you a confirmation via email.

DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Friday October 7th

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING

" Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I want to bring all my friends and family here

next time. Thank you for all your hard work and effort. I can't wait to come

back. "

" I think you have a future as TV's first vegan chef! You should get in touch

with KQED! "

" Awesome class! Loved being exposed to recipes which use ingredients outside

of my normal repertoire. Thank you for introducing people to veg cooking in such

an enthusiastic way. "

" I am an official groupie! You're so fabulous! It's so nice to be able to go

to a cooking class and learn so much about health and compassion as well as

learning

amazing recipes. And you make the adventure fun and exciting! "

" How delightful! I'm so glad I came. Wonderful wealth of information. Will

definitely return for future classes. The food was so tasty, some of the best

I've

ever had. Thanks so much! "

" You have such a warm personality and are so knowledgeable. I love your

enthusiasm

and will be looking for the TV show! "

" Great class. Great soups. Great teacher! Your sense of humor is infectious.

Thanks. "

" Thank you so much! These recipes were absolutely delicious! I can't imagine

missing meat or dairy eating like this. These dishes were not just yummy for

vegan

food -- they're just flat out yummy! I'm so glad I found out about these

classes! "

See you in October!

Join our mailing list

Check out our vegetarian cooking DVD

Register for our vegetarian cooking classes

---------------------

Compassionate Cooks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering people

to

make informed food choices and to debunking myths about vegetarianism through

cooking

classes, nutrition courses, farm animal sanctuary tours, humane education

workshops,

supermarket tours, and cooking DVDs.

War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

Ooooh Fraggle - that has made me hungry - thank goodness it's almost dinner

time.

Jo

> On the Menu for October's Class

>

> -African Sweet Potato & Peanut Stew with Couscous

> -Lentil Loaf with Mushroom Gravy

> -Potato Leek Soup

> -Creamy Caesar Salad

> -Apple & Berry Crisp

You are such a tease fraggle! fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

FYISign up for October's Vegetarian Cooking Class: Comfort Foods GaloreJoin Compassionate Cooks (www.compassionatecooks.com) in our October class: ComfortFoods Galore: Warm Foods for Chilly Autumn Nights - This is a wonderful class forlearning to make those hearty foods that warm us from the inside out. As the daysbegin to get shorter and the nights longer (and cooler), join us for what will bea fun class packed with nutritious, delicious food - and lots of sampling. We useseasonal, local, organic ingredients. PLUS! Sign up a friend for October's cookingclass and be entered in a drawing to win a gift certificate to any future class.On the Menu for October's Class -African Sweet Potato & Peanut Stew with Couscous -Lentil Loaf with Mushroom Gravy -Potato Leek Soup -Creamy Caesar Salad -Apple &

Berry Crisp WHEN: Saturday, October 8th -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. WHERE: First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro. Directions: http://www.uuoakland.org/directions.htmCOST: $40 HOW TO SIGN UP: Register online at www.compassionatecooks.com/reg.htm or mail a check to Colleen Patrick-Goudreau P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619. PLEASE NOTE: You are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up until we receive your payment,at which time we will send you a confirmation via email. DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Friday October 7th WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING "Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I want to bring all my friends and family herenext time. Thank you for all your hard work and effort. I can't wait to come back.""I think you have a future as TV's first vegan chef! You should get in touchwith KQED!Awesome class! Loved being exposed to recipes which use ingredients

outsideof my normal repertoire. Thank you for introducing people to veg cooking in suchan enthusiastic way.""I am an official groupie! You're so fabulous! It's so nice to be able to goto a cooking class and learn so much about health and compassion as well as learningamazing recipes. And you make the adventure fun and exciting!""How delightful! I'm so glad I came. Wonderful wealth of information. Will definitely return for future classes. The food was so tasty, some of the best I'veever had. Thanks so much!You have such a warm personality and are so knowledgeable. I love your enthusiasmand will be looking for the TV show!Great class. Great soups. Great teacher! Your sense of humor is infectious.Thanks.Thank you so much! These recipes were absolutely delicious! I can't imaginemissing meat or dairy eating like this. These dishes were not just yummy for veganfood -- they're just flat out yummy! I'm

so glad I found out about these classes!"See you in October!Join our mailing listCheck out our vegetarian cooking DVDRegister for our vegetarian cooking classes --------------------- Compassionate Cooks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering people tomake informed food choices and to debunking myths about vegetarianism through cookingclasses, nutrition courses, farm animal sanctuary tours, humane education workshops,supermarket tours, and cooking DVDs.War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left. Jonnie

hey..there use to be some ppl from the Bay Area on here..like nancy..no idea who is here anymore!

just spreadin the news...

:) Jonnie Hellens Sep 7, 2005 5:17 PM Re: compassionate cooks classes..bay area

You are such a tease fraggle! fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: FYISign up for October's Vegetarian Cooking Class: Comfort Foods GaloreJoin Compassionate Cooks (www.compassionatecooks.com) in our October class: ComfortFoods Galore: Warm Foods for Chilly Autumn Nights - This is a wonderful class forlearning to make those hearty foods that warm us from the inside out. As the daysbegin to get shorter and the nights longer (and cooler), join us for what will bea fun class packed with nutritious, delicious food - and lots of sampling. We useseasonal, local, organic ingredients. PLUS! Sign up a friend for October's cookingclass and be entered in a drawing to win a gift certificate to any future class.On the Menu for October's Class -African Sweet Potato & Peanut Stew with Couscous -Lentil Loaf with Mushroom Gravy -Potato Leek Soup -Creamy Caesar Salad -Apple & Berry Crisp WHEN: Saturday, October 8th -- 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. WHERE: First Unitarian Church of Oakland, 685 14th St. at Castro. Directions: http://www.uuoakland.org/directions.htmCOST: $40 HOW TO SIGN UP: Register online at www.compassionatecooks.com/reg.htm or mail a check to Colleen Patrick-Goudreau P.O. Box 18512 Oakland, CA 94619. PLEASE NOTE: You are considered a TENTATIVE sign-up until we receive your payment,at which time we will send you a confirmation via email. DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: Friday October 7th WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING "Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I want to bring all my friends and family herenext time. Thank you for all your hard work and effort. I can't wait to come back.""I think you have a future as TV's first vegan chef! You should get in touchwith KQED!Awesome class! Loved being exposed to recipes which use ingredients outsideof my normal repertoire. Thank you for introducing people to veg cooking in suchan enthusiastic way.""I am an official groupie! You're so fabulous! It's so nice to be able to goto a cooking class and learn so much about health and compassion as well as learningamazing recipes. And you make the adventure fun and exciting!""How delightful! I'm so glad I came. Wonderful wealth of information. Will definitely return for future classes. The food was so tasty, some of the best I'veever had. Thanks so much!You have such a warm personality and are so knowledgeable. I love your enthusiasmand will be looking for the TV show!Great class. Great soups. Great teacher! Your sense of humor is infectious.Thanks.Thank you so much! These recipes were absolutely delicious! I can't imaginemissing meat or dairy eating like this. These dishes were not just yummy for veganfood -- they're just flat out yummy! I'm so glad I found out about these classes!"See you in October!Join our mailing listCheck out our vegetarian cooking DVDRegister for our vegetarian cooking classes --------------------- Compassionate Cooks is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering people tomake informed food choices and to debunking myths about vegetarianism through cookingclasses, nutrition courses, farm animal sanctuary tours, humane education workshops,supermarket tours, and cooking DVDs.War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

Jonnie

To send an email to -