IndiaDivine.org

Close to going insane...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It has been more than a little overwhelming lately. My oldest DD's hubby was accused of DUI a while back. The charges were supposedly dropped and they moved. When he went to apply for work they did a background check and said he had a warrent. Driving back to the state they used to live to figger out what was up, he was stopped and arrested. So my daughter finished the drive back with the twins and it turns out they re-opened the case, they had the new address, but didn't bother to inform them, just put out a warrent. So she drove back home while he was in jail and resumed her crazy schedule (full time employed, full time college student and the twins).

Then my middle DD just broke up with her fiance and is moving back home. We got a smaller place so now it looks like a tornado has hit our home and the paths are getting too small. She's 90 lbs and I'm not much bigger. Her old place was a 3 story condo, so you shoulda seen us trying to move this stuff out. Then as if I wasn't tired enuf, we went hiking on Sunday. We took the nature trail and I saw more nature than I wanted too. A rattlesnake bit a ground squirel. He was trying to wait patiently for it to be easier for him to consume, but as he would try to get it, it would manage to wiggle away, until it couldn't wiggle anymore. It's nature, but heartbreaking.

Monday I went golfing w/ DH, but the sun got too me. I dunno why and he gave me a hard time bout it, but had a little case of sun stroke none the less.

My MIL grew up in Finland during the war. I guess the hurricane is bringing back a lot of memories and she's freakin' cuz she remembers all the women and children and what they went through. She said that she remembers one night while they were trying to get to the bus station, her mom kept saying 'don't step on a bomb, don't step...' so she was trying to look down for the unexploided bombs, and there was glass and rubble everywhere. Her mom was looking up to try to avoid the falling glass for them. They waited at the bus station for 5 days without food or water. She says she's dealt with mental issues all her life because of her childhood and she's really upset by it all and what's going on in New Orleans.

OK, thanks for listening all for my venting. Between what's going on in my life and what's going on in the world, feels like my little ol' heart can't take anymore.Jonnie

Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Hi Jonnie

Unfortunately there are times when everything seems to be wrong. Things will get better.

BBJo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:58 PM

Close to going insane...

It has been more than a little overwhelming lately. My oldest DD's hubby was accused of DUI a while back. The charges were supposedly dropped and they moved. When he went to apply for work they did a background check and said he had a warrent. Driving back to the state they used to live to figger out what was up, he was stopped and arrested. So my daughter finished the drive back with the twins and it turns out they re-opened the case, they had the new address, but didn't bother to inform them, just put out a warrent. So she drove back home while he was in jail and resumed her crazy schedule (full time employed, full time college student and the twins).

Then my middle DD just broke up with her fiance and is moving back home. We got a smaller place so now it looks like a tornado has hit our home and the paths are getting too small. She's 90 lbs and I'm not much bigger. Her old place was a 3 story condo, so you shoulda seen us trying to move this stuff out. Then as if I wasn't tired enuf, we went hiking on Sunday. We took the nature trail and I saw more nature than I wanted too. A rattlesnake bit a ground squirel. He was trying to wait patiently for it to be easier for him to consume, but as he would try to get it, it would manage to wiggle away, until it couldn't wiggle anymore. It's nature, but heartbreaking.

Monday I went golfing w/ DH, but the sun got too me. I dunno why and he gave me a hard time bout it, but had a little case of sun stroke none the less.

My MIL grew up in Finland during the war. I guess the hurricane is bringing back a lot of memories and she's freakin' cuz she remembers all the women and children and what they went through. She said that she remembers one night while they were trying to get to the bus station, her mom kept saying 'don't step on a bomb, don't step...' so she was trying to look down for the unexploided bombs, and there was glass and rubble everywhere. Her mom was looking up to try to avoid the falling glass for them. They waited at the bus station for 5 days without food or water. She says she's dealt with mental issues all her life because of her childhood and she's really upset by it all and what's going on in New Orleans.

OK, thanks for listening all for my venting. Between what's going on in my life and what's going on in the world, feels like my little ol' heart can't take anymore.Jonnie

Yes, thankfully.

I also forgot to mention that when my DD was with her now ex-fiance, he really pushed her to get this little car. We were trying to do the oil change on it over the weekend, but we couldn't find a safe place to jack it up, no matter what we tried we were struggling to get under it. She finally wedged herself as far as she could and was trying to budge the nut when the rachet slipped. Later, after getting stitches at Urgent Care (and declining the cast where she broke my hand while squeezing it during stitches...) she decided to finally just have it done for her.

She has also since found out that her now ex is dating the girl that was 'just a friend' during their engagement. As much as we wish it were possible, we parents can't actually heal our kids.... I'm not sure which is harder, empathizing with those we love, or being the one going thru it. However I think for the hurricane victims, it probably is harder for them going thru it. I'm sure I can only think what it must be like.

Thanks for your thoughts and care Jo!Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Hi Jonnie

Unfortunately there are times when everything seems to be wrong. Things will get better.

BBJo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:58 PM

Close to going insane...

Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. Jonnie

Hi Jonnie

You and yuor family certainly are having a hard time lately. I always think it is hard to see your kids go through rough times. When my daughter and her partner split up I felt quite ill. It took me almost a year to realise that I no longer felt joyful, and for me to regain joy in my life. It's very silly - but it's the way it is.

BBJo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:51 PM

Re: Close to going insane...

Yes, thankfully.

I also forgot to mention that when my DD was with her now ex-fiance, he really pushed her to get this little car. We were trying to do the oil change on it over the weekend, but we couldn't find a safe place to jack it up, no matter what we tried we were struggling to get under it. She finally wedged herself as far as she could and was trying to budge the nut when the rachet slipped. Later, after getting stitches at Urgent Care (and declining the cast where she broke my hand while squeezing it during stitches...) she decided to finally just have it done for her.

She has also since found out that her now ex is dating the girl that was 'just a friend' during their engagement. As much as we wish it were possible, we parents can't actually heal our kids.... I'm not sure which is harder, empathizing with those we love, or being the one going thru it. However I think for the hurricane victims, it probably is harder for them going thru it. I'm sure I can only think what it must be like.

Thanks for your thoughts and care Jo!

Hi Jonnie

I'm sorry to hear things are going so rough for you! We will

definately keep you in our thoughts here and hope things get better!

((hugz))

Nikki :)

, Jonnie Hellens

<jonnie_hellens> wrote:

> It has been more than a little overwhelming lately.

<<SNIP>>>

> Jonnie

>

>

> Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Hey Jonnie, life sure sucks like a hoover sometimes!, but we always seem to find someone worse off than us that knocks the perspective a little, then we get some other problem and the original gets put on the back burner. Talking nonsense again are`nt I?

Sorry to hear your problems.

By the way, knowiing that I am acronymlexic, whats a DD, DH

The Valley Vegan............Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Too true... At least this isn't her first break-up. Her first was even harder because she felt she would never be happy again. I keep telling her to use the experience to the best. Her first guy couldn't stand us ... you know, how could we be so mean as to impose rules? She figgered out she was headed to the same situation my eldest daughter is in, but not yet married or with kids. She realized that it was important to her to be able to spend time with all of us together. This time she says she realizes that she wants to travel, but stay here and have a family. Family is really important to us and she didn't realize before how important it was to her. She also now realizes how important it is to be able to trust her signifigant other. It will just take time. I keep pointing out that her heart is gonna take much longer than her finger and to keep taking care of herself and preparing for the future,

whatever that may be.Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Hi Jonnie

You and yuor family certainly are having a hard time lately. I always think it is hard to see your kids go through rough times. When my daughter and her partner split up I felt quite ill. It took me almost a year to realise that I no longer felt joyful, and for me to regain joy in my life. It's very silly - but it's the way it is.

BBJo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:51 PM

Yes, thankfully.

Thanks for your thoughts and care Jo!Jonnie

hi everyone,

I too am confused by netspeak, heres a dictionary that explains it all,

http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/?lookup=D

-anouk

-

Peter

9/8/2005 2:28:37 PM

Hi Peter

> By the way, knowiing that I am acronymlexic, whats a DD, DH

*Sick sense of humour warning*... I'm guessing that DD might be Dear Departed :-)

BB

Peter

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes and thoughts heading my way. It really helps. Next thing coming up is my son's & my heart apts. I think mine will be fine, but I suspect his not so great. I wonder if dealing with everything else would be somewhat easier if not for that? I'm not sure I'm up for another heart opera... oops, excuse me PROCEDURE. I don't think he is either. But thanks again everyone!earthstrm <nikkimack wrote:

Hi JonnieI'm sorry to hear things are going so rough for you! We will definately keep you in our thoughts here and hope things get better!((hugz))Nikki :) , Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens> wrote:> It has been more than a little overwhelming lately. <<SNIP>>> > Jonnie> > > Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.Jonnie

dear/dearest/darling husband...dear/dearest daughter etc Peter Sep 8, 2005 1:59 PM Re: Close to going insane...

Hi Peter

War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

Too true! There are much worse off people than me all over the place. I guess so much going on in my life, and then y'all are opening my mind and heart and it's gettin' kinda painful. How do y'all stay on top of things, compassionate, but not go crazy?

DH & DD, whatever D word ya wanna use depending on ur mood and then hubby or husband and daughter afterwards. I personally use the word 'Dear' in front of those words.peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Hey Jonnie, life sure sucks like a hoover sometimes!, but we always seem to find someone worse off than us that knocks the perspective a little, then we get some other problem and the original gets put on the back burner. Talking nonsense again are`nt I?

Sorry to hear your problems.

By the way, knowiing that I am acronymlexic, whats a DD, DH

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Jonnie

Hi Jonnie

> DH & DD, whatever D word ya wanna use depending on ur mood

Dastardly, Despicable, Degenerate... (sorry... my daft sense of humour seems to have kicked in)!

BB

Peter

And what would your version of DH be?Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

*Sick sense of humour warning*... I'm guessing that DD might be Dear Departed :-)

BB

PeterJonnie

Yup, I've used each of those at one time or another, as well as many words that don't start with a D!Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Jonnie

Dastardly, Despicable, Degenerate... (sorry... my daft sense of humour seems to have kicked in)!

BB

PeterJonnie

That just might describe my own DH!Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Jonnie

> And what would your version of DH be?

Ummm... let's go for Degenerate Hooligan :-)

BB

PeterJonnie

Yes, but you want to see the Welsh language written! we know how to use the letter d ( usually two at a time )

Yup, I've used each of those at one time or another, as well as many words that don't start with a D!Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Jonnie

BB

PeterJonnie

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

And theres common old me thinking it meant Dick Head?

That just might describe my own DH!Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Jonnie

> And what would your version of DH be?

Ummm... let's go for Degenerate Hooligan :-)

BB

PeterJonnie

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Well, daft works as well as the others. Although occasionally when I have written it it has been "damn" whomever <g>

Lynda

-

Peter

Thursday, September 08, 2005 12:54 PM

Hi Jonnie

BB

Peter

Hi Peter

> Yes, but you want to see the Welsh language written! we know how to use the letter d ( usually two at a time )

No, please... I've had enough of that lately.... after next week I never again want to hear of Humphrey Llwyd or Maurice Kyffin!!!

BB

Peter

It's good that she has you to care.

Jo

Too true... At least this isn't her first break-up. Her first was even harder because she felt she would never be happy again. I keep telling her to use the experience to the best. Her first guy couldn't stand us ... you know, how could we be so mean as to impose rules? She figgered out she was headed to the same situation my eldest daughter is in, but not yet married or with kids. She realized that it was important to her to be able to spend time with all of us together. This time she says she realizes that she wants to travel, but stay here and have a family. Family is really important to us and she didn't realize before how important it was to her. She also now realizes how important it is to be able to trust her signifigant other. It will just take time. I keep pointing out that her heart is gonna take much longer than her finger and to keep taking care of herself and preparing for the future, whatever that may be.

Hi Jonnie

You have probably said before about yours and your sons heart problems, but sometimes my head behaves like a sieve. I hope everything goes well for you both. If you need to chat, we are all here.

BBJo

Thanks everyone for all your well wishes and thoughts heading my way. It really helps. Next thing coming up is my son's & my heart apts. I think mine will be fine, but I suspect his not so great. I wonder if dealing with everything else would be somewhat easier if not for that? I'm not sure I'm up for another heart opera... oops, excuse me PROCEDURE. I don't think he is either. But thanks again everyone!

No I don't - not for a little while anyway. I spent a while working on teacher's guides for Geography in the Welsh language and it made my head hurt.

BBJo

Yes, but you want to see the Welsh language written! we know how to use the letter d ( usually two at a time )

The Valley Vegan............

Hi Peter

Why, what did they do?

BBJo

Hi Peter

No, please... I've had enough of that lately.... after next week I never again want to hear of Humphrey Llwyd or Maurice Kyffin!!!

BB

Peter