IndiaDivine.org

Names

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It sounds very imaginative - most doll's names are really simple.

Jo

-

zurumato

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 4:47 PM

RE: Re: FAO Fraggle

no, I made it up.

when I was a kid I would make very elaborate names up for my dolls.

-anouk

We have fun naming critters. We had an old quarter horse mare whose name as Stormy Seas (granddaughter of Seabisket). We named her daughter Snug Harbor cause that's where ya'd want to be when there are stormy seas.

We have Tuff Enuf Mugwump (Tuff Enuf from the song "are you tough enough" because she was barely 4 weeks old and we didn't know if she would make it and Mugwump because she looked like something from a children's story) and Hurricane Cali, because that is the only speed she operates at.

We had King Tut, a cocktiel who we rescued that had pulled out all his feather except his top knot which made him look like the pictures of King Tut with the gizmo on his head.

And dozens of others all with very personal to them names.

Lynda

-

Jo Cwazy

Thursday, September 15, 2005 2:47 AM

Names

Jo

-

zurumato

no, I made it up.

-anouk

It's good to have descriptive names for them :-)

Jo

-

Lynda

Thursday, September 15, 2005 5:25 PM

Re: Names

We have fun naming critters. We had an old quarter horse mare whose name as Stormy Seas (granddaughter of Seabisket). We named her daughter Snug Harbor cause that's where ya'd want to be when there are stormy seas.

We have Tuff Enuf Mugwump (Tuff Enuf from the song "are you tough enough" because she was barely 4 weeks old and we didn't know if she would make it and Mugwump because she looked like something from a children's story) and Hurricane Cali, because that is the only speed she operates at.

We had King Tut, a cocktiel who we rescued that had pulled out all his feather except his top knot which made him look like the pictures of King Tut with the gizmo on his head.

Lynda

-

Jo Cwazy

Names

Jo

-

zurumato

no, I made it up.

-anouk

the nemes headress... Lynda Sep 15, 2005 9:25 AM Re: Names

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

My favorite doll, a 1950's bisque beauty, with a lace dress, stockings and high heels, was called Judy Rose. I named my middle daughter close to that name. My sister's high school sweetheart kept cheating on her with a Judy, so she told me if I ever named my daughter Judy, she would have nothing to do with me or mine.Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

zurumato

no, I made it up.

-anouk

Jonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Gee, and my dog has the lowly name of Mutt Lee.Lynda <lurine wrote:

Lynda

-

Jo Cwazy

Names

Jo

-

zurumato

no, I made it up.

-anouk

Jonnie

I still have the bisque ballerina that my grandmother gave me. She has jointed knees and ankles so she can do on point ballet movements.

I wish I still had the Ginny, Terri Lee and Little Linda dolls. My mother gave them to the Salvation Army when I got married. She also gave my very creepy cousin all my books!

I didn't call her Mummy Dearest for nothing!

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Thursday, September 15, 2005 12:07 PM

My favorite doll, a 1950's bisque beauty, with a lace dress, stockings and high heels, was called Judy Rose. I named my middle daughter close to that name. My sister's high school sweetheart kept cheating on her with a Judy, so she told me if I ever named my daughter Judy, she would have nothing to do with me or mine.Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

zurumato

no, I made it up.

-anouk

Jonnie

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

do you have one named dastardly as well? Jonnie Hellens Sep 15, 2005 1:14 PM Re: Names

Lynda

-

Jo Cwazy

Names

Jo

-

zurumato

no, I made it up.

-anouk

Jonnie

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. To send an email to -

We had a rescued Shetland pony we named Sir Studly Do Rotten <<eg>> Is that close enough?

Lynda

-

fraggle

Thursday, September 15, 2005 1:24 PM

do you have one named dastardly as well? Jonnie Hellens Sep 15, 2005 1:14 PM Re: Names

Lynda

-

Jo Cwazy

Names

Jo

-

zurumato

no, I made it up.

-anouk

Jonnie

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. To send an email to -

Sadly, DH won't let me get another friend...fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Lynda

-

Jo Cwazy

Names

Jo

-

zurumato

no, I made it up.

-anouk

Jonnie

Our budgie was called Icarus but he didn't know that because we always caled him Budge, so as far as he was concerned that was his name. I miss him :-(

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:14 PM

Gee, and my dog has the lowly name of Mutt Lee.

.... and does your sister have anything to do with you?

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:07 PM

My favorite doll, a 1950's bisque beauty, with a lace dress, stockings and high heels, was called Judy Rose. I named my middle daughter close to that name. My sister's high school sweetheart kept cheating on her with a Judy, so she told me if I ever named my daughter Judy, she would have nothing to do with me or mine.

Not much.

Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

.... and does your sister have anything to do with you?

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:07 PM

My favorite doll, a 1950's bisque beauty, with a lace dress, stockings and high heels, was called Judy Rose. I named my middle daughter close to that name. My sister's high school sweetheart kept cheating on her with a Judy, so she told me if I ever named my daughter Judy, she would have nothing to do with me or mine.Jonnie

Mutt iscoming up on 12yo and finally starting to slow down. We took him hiking last weekend and he and mt boy were both dog tired. The dog has a good excuse and I expect the cardiologist to say the boy has a good excuse when we go on Monday. I keep worrying about them both! (Like it does any good whatsoever...)Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Our budgie was called Icarus but he didn't know that because we always caled him Budge, so as far as he was concerned that was his name. I miss him :-(

Jo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:14 PM

Gee, and my dog has the lowly name of Mutt Lee.Jonnie