IndiaDivine.org

you didn't see nothing..yeah yeah...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

GOP Blocks Investigations Over Katrina & Downing St. Memo

On Capitol Hill, Republicans have blocked several efforts by Democrats to seek

investigations or information on Hurricane Katrina, the Iraq war and the outing

of CIA agent Valerie Plame. In the Senate, Republicans killed a proposal by

Hillary Clinton for an independent investigation of the government's response to

Hurricane Katrina. Her proposal was rejected on a party line vote of 54 to 44. A

new CNN/USA Today Gallup poll shows that 70 percent of the country supports an

independent investigation. In the House, Republicans rejected attempts by

Democrats to force the Bush administration to surrender documents on pre-war

intelligence about Iraq connected to the Downing Street Memo. The memo revealed

the minutes of a July 2002 meeting between British Prime Minister Tony Blair and

his advisors that indicate the United States was already committed to attacking

Iraq almost a year before the war officially began. The memo also says that the

Bush White House " fixed " intelligence data to justify the invasion. Also on

Wednesday, Republicans on the Judiciary and International Relations Committees

rejected attempts by Democrats to compel the Bush administration to turn over

information and records related to the outing of CIA officer Valerie Plame.

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do

something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the

something that I can do.

Who gave those blind people my keys?! I didn't vote for him..

fraggle, who did you quote from in ur tag line, or is your own quote? I wrote it down and want to post it at my desk (at work) and fridge (at home).fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

GOP Blocks Investigations Over Katrina & Downing St. MemoOn Capitol Hill, Republicans have blocked several efforts by Democrats to seek investigations or information on Hurricane Katrina, the Iraq war and the outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame. In the Senate, Republicans killed a proposal by Hillary Clinton for an independent investigation of the government's response to Hurricane Katrina. Her proposal was rejected on a party line vote of 54 to 44. A new CNN/USA Today Gallup poll shows that 70 percent of the country supports an independent investigation. In the House, Republicans rejected attempts by Democrats to force the Bush administration to surrender documents on pre-war intelligence about Iraq connected to the Downing Street Memo. The memo revealed the minutes of a July 2002 meeting between British Prime Minister Tony Blair and his advisors that indicate the United

States was already committed to attacking Iraq almost a year before the war officially began. The memo also says that the Bush White House "fixed" intelligence data to justify the invasion. Also on Wednesday, Republicans on the Judiciary and International Relations Committees rejected attempts by Democrats to compel the Bush administration to turn over information and records related to the outing of CIA officer Valerie Plame. I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.Jonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

no...

Edward Everett Hale

19th century abololistionist, progressive author, unitarian minister, and chaplain to the us senate..who is quoted as replying after asked "does he pray for the senators", "no, after seeing the senators, i pray for this country" Jonnie Hellens Sep 15, 2005 1:55 PM Re: you didn't see nothing..yeah yeah...

fraggle, who did you quote from in ur tag line, or is your own quote? I wrote it down and want to post it at my desk (at work) and fridge (at home).fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Thanks! I always need a good laugh!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

no...

Edward Everett Hale

19th century abololistionist, progressive author, unitarian minister, and chaplain to the us senate..who is quoted as replying after asked "does he pray for the senators", "no, after seeing the senators, i pray for this country" Jonnie Hellens Sep 15, 2005 1:55 PM Re: you didn't see nothing..yeah yeah...

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.Jonnie

ya oughta see me in a loincloth then

oh..and about bread and all that

not vegan..but from the local SF chronicle last week

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/09/07/FDGPVEF5U11.DTL & type=printable-----Original Message----- Jonnie Hellens Sep 15, 2005 2:23 PM Re: you didn't see nothing..yeah yeah...

no...

Edward Everett Hale

19th century abololistionist, progressive author, unitarian minister, and chaplain to the us senate..who is quoted as replying after asked "does he pray for the senators", "no, after seeing the senators, i pray for this country"

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Dangit, I really, really want a nice crusty sourdough bread!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/09/07/FDGPVEF5U11.DTL & type=printable-----Original Message----- Jonnie Hellens Sep 15, 2005 2:23 PM Re: you didn't see nothing..yeah yeah...

no...

Edward Everett Hale

19th century abololistionist, progressive author, unitarian minister, and chaplain to the us senate..who is quoted as replying after asked "does he pray for the senators", "no, after seeing the senators, i pray for this country"

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.Jonnie

I always thought all kids got to do all the stuff we did in the Bay Area and that all restaurants treated kids the way they used to in the Bay Area.

My mother worked late every Thursday night and my dad would take my little sister and I out to dinner. We did a different restaurant every week. They always made a point of giving us a menu just like the adults and then making kid sized meals just for us. And even at a big pricey restaurant when my little sister asked for p.b. & j, they made her a really uptown p.b. & j. sandwich. Served it like it was for a queen!

And, the best bread, bar none, in the whole world is SF sourdough!

Of course, there is some mighty fine Basque herder bread up at Tahoe also!

Lynda

-

fraggle

Thursday, September 15, 2005 2:29 PM

Re: you didn't see nothing..yeah yeah...

no...

Edward Everett Hale