IndiaDivine.org

My week as a vegan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Lynda

DANG IT! I just got back from my trip to Wild Oats and forgot soy wraps! I wanted to try....

Anyway, what is EVOO? Am I missing something?

Kristina

In a message dated 9/15/05 3:09:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

Lynda <lurine wrote:Well, I never can resist answering things like this, so here's my reply under their "post a comment" section.LyndaO.K., I'd like to know just how in the heck someone gets to be a senior and never learns how to do their homework?I'm not a vegan. Not even a vegetarian but I certainly could have figured out some really tasty meals that would have made ANYONE full, satisfied and not left them craving curdled milk or dead cows.Veggie lasagna is yummy and doesn't take an Einstein to make it. Veggie burritos. Soy wraps with sauted mushrooms and eggplant. Pesto (no cheese) and vermicelli. Sweet and sour noodle soup (no egg, lots of tofu and mushrooms). Roasted red bell pepper sauce over angel hair pasta. Julienned veggies stir-fried with peanut sauce over rice. Good ol' p.b. & j on sour dough bread. A big salad loaded with veggies and a yummy mustard, spices, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar and EVOO dressing. Deep fried veggie sticks and onion "roses" with veganaise dill sauce for dipping. Tortilla chips with salsa. Fried potatoes O'Brien. Chili (no meat, lots of spices). Homemade pizza brushed with EVOO, sprinkled with garlic and Italian spices, and layered with veggies (onions, tomatoes, mushrooms) and sprinkled with olives. For dessert a baked apple stuffed with walnuts, raisens and brown sugar (organic, of course). Or our family's fav, an apple upside down cake (made with no eggs orbutter, just applesauce, flour and spices poured over sliced apples, brown sugar, raisens and chopped walnuts).Well, you get the idea. One is only limited in one's diet by the limits of one's imagination.Oh, while speaking of homework, which would seem appropriate on a college network, Katrina needs to do even more homework. Most bread is not vegan, nor are most things made by the Boca folks. - peter hurd Thursday, September 15, 2005 11:17 AMRe: My week as a vegan........This does nothing to promote veganism, and after reading it might indeed put some people off. Very negative in my opinion, wot u tink?http://www.dailycardinal.com/media/paper439/news/2005/09/15/Food/A.Week.As.A.Vegan-985567.shtml The Valley Vegan............

Extra Virgin Olive Oil. First pressing, no heat.

Lynda

-

lv2breathe

Cc: Lv2breathe

Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:37 PM

Re: My week as a vegan

Lynda

DANG IT! I just got back from my trip to Wild Oats and forgot soy wraps! I wanted to try....

Anyway, what is EVOO? Am I missing something?

Kristina

In a message dated 9/15/05 3:09:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

Lynda <lurine wrote:Well, I never can resist answering things like this, so here's my reply under their "post a comment" section.LyndaO.K., I'd like to know just how in the heck someone gets to be a senior and never learns how to do their homework?I'm not a vegan. Not even a vegetarian but I certainly could have figured out some really tasty meals that would have made ANYONE full, satisfied and not left them craving curdled milk or dead cows.Veggie lasagna is yummy and doesn't take an Einstein to make it. Veggie burritos. Soy wraps with sauted mushrooms and eggplant. Pesto (no cheese) and vermicelli. Sweet and sour noodle soup (no egg, lots of tofu and mushrooms). Roasted red bell pepper sauce over angel hair pasta. Julienned veggies stir-fried with peanut sauce over rice. Good ol' p.b. & j on sour dough bread. A big salad loaded with veggies and a yummy mustard, spices, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar and EVOO dressing. Deep fried veggie sticks and onion "roses" with veganaise dill sauce for dipping. Tortilla chips with salsa. Fried potatoes O'Brien. Chili (no meat, lots of spices). Homemade pizza brushed with EVOO, sprinkled with garlic and Italian spices, and layered with veggies (onions, tomatoes, mushrooms) and sprinkled with olives. For dessert a baked apple stuffed with walnuts, raisens and brown sugar (organic, of course). Or our family's fav, an apple upside down cake (made with no eggs orbutter, just applesauce, flour and spices poured over sliced apples, brown sugar, raisens and chopped walnuts).Well, you get the idea. One is only limited in one's diet by the limits of one's imagination.Oh, while speaking of homework, which would seem appropriate on a college network, Katrina needs to do even more homework. Most bread is not vegan, nor are most things made by the Boca folks. - peter hurd Thursday, September 15, 2005 11:17 AMRe: My week as a vegan........This does nothing to promote veganism, and after reading it might indeed put some people off. Very negative in my opinion, wot u tink?http://www.dailycardinal.com/media/paper439/news/2005/09/15/Food/A.Week.As.A.Vegan-985567.shtml The Valley Vegan............