IndiaDivine.org

well, we all know the british can't cook anyways....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

EXCLUSIVE: UP IN FLAMES

Tons of British aid donated to help Hurricane Katrina victims to be

BURNED by Americans

From Ryan Parry, US Correspondent in New York

HUNDREDS of tons of British food aid shipped to America for starving

Hurricane Katrina survivors is to be burned.

US red tape is stopping it from reaching hungry evacuees.

Instead tons of the badly needed Nato ration packs, the same as

those eaten by British troops in Iraq, has been condemned as unfit

for human consumption.

And unless the bureaucratic mess is cleared up soon it could be sent

for incineration.

One British aid worker last night called the move " sickening

senselessness " and said furious colleagues were " spitting blood " .

The food, which cost British taxpayers millions, is sitting idle in

a huge warehouse after the Food and Drug Agency recalled it when it

had already left to be distributed.

Scores of lorries headed back to a warehouse in Little Rock,

Arkansas, to dump it at an FDA incineration plant.

The Ministry of Defence in London said last night that 400,000

operational ration packs had been shipped to the US.

But officials blamed the US Department of Agriculture, which

impounded the shipment under regulations relating to the import and

export of meat.

The aid worker, who would not be named, said: " This is the most

appalling act of sickening senselessness while people starve.

" The FDA has recalled aid from Britain because it has been condemned

as unfit for human consumption, despite the fact that these are Nato

approved rations of exactly the same type fed to British soldiers in

Iraq.

" Under Nato, American soldiers are also entitled to eat such

rations, yet the starving of the American South will see them go up

in smoke because of FDA red tape madness. "

The worker added: " There will be a cloud of smoke above Little Rock

soon - of burned food, of anger and of shame that the world's

richest nation couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery and lets

Americans starve while they arrogantly observe petty regulations.

" Everyone is revolted by the chaotic shambles the US is making of

this crisis. Guys from Unicef are walking around spitting blood.

" This is utter madness. People have worked their socks off to get

food into the region.

" It is perfectly good Nato approved food of the type British

servicemen have. Yet the FDA are saying that because there is a meat

content and it has come from Britain it must be destroyed.

" If they are trying to argue there is a BSE reason then that is

ludicrously out of date. There is more BSE in the States than there

ever was in Britain and UK meat has been safe for years. "

The Ministry of Defence said: " We understand there was a glitch and

these packs have been impounded by the US Department of Agriculture

under regulations relating to the import and export of meat.

" The situation is changing all the time and at our last meeting on

Friday we were told progress was being made in relation to the

release of these packs. The Americans certainly haven't indicated to

us that there are any more problems and they haven't asked us to

take them back. "

Food from Spain and Italy is also being held because it fails to

meet US standards and has been judged unfit for human consumption.

And Israeli relief agencies are furious that thousands of gallons of

pear juice are to be destroyed because it has been judged unfit.

The FDA said: " We did inspect some MREs (meals ready to eat) on

September 13. They are the only MREs we looked at. There were 70

huge pallets of vegetarian MREs.

" They were from a foreign nation. We inspected them and then

released them for distribution. "

http://www.buzzflash.com/?track=6472

War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

What the F**k? is this true or another media story? I hope my taxes havent been burned up?

You Yanks first its our tea, now its our aid! what do you want?

The Valley Vegan...........

Close your eyes, can't happen hereBig Bro' on white horse is nearThe hippies won't come back you sayMellow out or you will pay fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

EXCLUSIVE: UP IN FLAMESTons of British aid donated to help Hurricane Katrina victims to be BURNED by AmericansFrom Ryan Parry, US Correspondent in New YorkHUNDREDS of tons of British food aid shipped to America for starving Hurricane Katrina survivors is to be burned.US red tape is stopping it from reaching hungry evacuees.Instead tons of the badly needed Nato ration packs, the same as those eaten by British troops in Iraq, has been condemned as unfit for human consumption.And unless the bureaucratic mess is cleared up soon it could be sent for incineration.One British aid worker last night called the move "sickening senselessness" and said furious colleagues were "spitting blood".The food, which cost British taxpayers millions, is sitting idle in a huge warehouse after the Food

and Drug Agency recalled it when it had already left to be distributed.Scores of lorries headed back to a warehouse in Little Rock, Arkansas, to dump it at an FDA incineration plant.The Ministry of Defence in London said last night that 400,000 operational ration packs had been shipped to the US.But officials blamed the US Department of Agriculture, which impounded the shipment under regulations relating to the import and export of meat.The aid worker, who would not be named, said: "This is the most appalling act of sickening senselessness while people starve."The FDA has recalled aid from Britain because it has been condemned as unfit for human consumption, despite the fact that these are Nato approved rations of exactly the same type fed to British soldiers in Iraq."Under Nato, American soldiers are also entitled to eat such rations, yet the starving of the American

South will see them go up in smoke because of FDA red tape madness."The worker added: "There will be a cloud of smoke above Little Rock soon - of burned food, of anger and of shame that the world's richest nation couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery and lets Americans starve while they arrogantly observe petty regulations."Everyone is revolted by the chaotic shambles the US is making of this crisis. Guys from Unicef are walking around spitting blood."This is utter madness. People have worked their socks off to get food into the region."It is perfectly good Nato approved food of the type British servicemen have. Yet the FDA are saying that because there is a meat content and it has come from Britain it must be destroyed."If they are trying to argue there is a BSE reason then that is ludicrously out of date. There is more BSE in the States than there ever was in

Britain and UK meat has been safe for years."The Ministry of Defence said: "We understand there was a glitch and these packs have been impounded by the US Department of Agriculture under regulations relating to the import and export of meat."The situation is changing all the time and at our last meeting on Friday we were told progress was being made in relation to the release of these packs. The Americans certainly haven't indicated to us that there are any more problems and they haven't asked us to take them back."Food from Spain and Italy is also being held because it fails to meet US standards and has been judged unfit for human consumption.And Israeli relief agencies are furious that thousands of gallons of pear juice are to be destroyed because it has been judged unfit.The FDA said: "We did inspect some MREs (meals ready to eat) on September 13. They are the only MREs we looked at.

There were 70 huge pallets of vegetarian MREs."They were from a foreign nation. We inspected them and then released them for distribution."http://www.buzzflash.com/?track=6472War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

yer tea? thought you were welsh...that was england's tea we tossed overboard..

:)

and its all over the news today....sorry...

we had to reject it...it didn't have the pre-requisite stupidity pills added into em..and the FEMA drone in charge was just grossed out by the package labeled "beef lemon curry flavored crisps" peter hurd Sep 21, 2005 11:07 AM Re: well, we all know the british can't cook anyways....

What the F**k? is this true or another media story? I hope my taxes havent been burned up?

Close your eyes, can't happen hereBig Bro' on white horse is nearThe hippies won't come back you sayMellow out or you will pay fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

EXCLUSIVE: UP IN FLAMESTons of British aid donated to help Hurricane Katrina victims to be BURNED by AmericansFrom Ryan Parry, US Correspondent in New YorkHUNDREDS of tons of British food aid shipped to America for starving Hurricane Katrina survivors is to be burned.US red tape is stopping it from reaching hungry evacuees.Instead tons of the badly needed Nato ration packs, the same as those eaten by British troops in Iraq, has been condemned as unfit for human consumption.And unless the bureaucratic mess is cleared up soon it could be sent for incineration.One British aid worker last night called the move "sickening senselessness" and said furious colleagues were "spitting blood".The food, which cost British taxpayers millions, is sitting idle in a huge warehouse after the Food and Drug Agency recalled it when it had already left to be distributed.Scores of lorries headed back to a warehouse in Little Rock, Arkansas, to dump it at an FDA incineration plant.The Ministry of Defence in London said last night that 400,000 operational ration packs had been shipped to the US.But officials blamed the US Department of Agriculture, which impounded the shipment under regulations relating to the import and export of meat.The aid worker, who would not be named, said: "This is the most appalling act of sickening senselessness while people starve."The FDA has recalled aid from Britain because it has been condemned as unfit for human consumption, despite the fact that these are Nato approved rations of exactly the same type fed to British soldiers in Iraq."Under Nato, American soldiers are also entitled to eat such rations, yet the starving of the American South will see them go up in smoke because of FDA red tape madness."The worker added: "There will be a cloud of smoke above Little Rock soon - of burned food, of anger and of shame that the world's richest nation couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery and lets Americans starve while they arrogantly observe petty regulations."Everyone is revolted by the chaotic shambles the US is making of this crisis. Guys from Unicef are walking around spitting blood."This is utter madness. People have worked their socks off to get food into the region."It is perfectly good Nato approved food of the type British servicemen have. Yet the FDA are saying that because there is a meat content and it has come from Britain it must be destroyed."If they are trying to argue there is a BSE reason then that is ludicrously out of date. There is more BSE in the States than there ever was in Britain and UK meat has been safe for years."The Ministry of Defence said: "We understand there was a glitch and these packs have been impounded by the US Department of Agriculture under regulations relating to the import and export of meat."The situation is changing all the time and at our last meeting on Friday we were told progress was being made in relation to the release of these packs. The Americans certainly haven't indicated to us that there are any more problems and they haven't asked us to take them back."Food from Spain and Italy is also being held because it fails to meet US standards and has been judged unfit for human consumption.And Israeli relief agencies are furious that thousands of gallons of pear juice are to be destroyed because it has been judged unfit.The FDA said: "We did inspect some MREs (meals ready to eat) on September 13. They are the only MREs we looked at. There were 70 huge pallets of vegetarian MREs."They were from a foreign nation. We inspected them and then released them for distribution."http://www.buzzflash.com/?track=6472War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

You`ll be tellin me next that it was Earl Grey?

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

nah..he couldn't swim peter hurd Sep 21, 2005 2:22 PM Re: well, we all know the british can't cook anyways....

You`ll be tellin me next that it was Earl Grey?

do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. To send an email to -

It certainly sounds like the US government doesn't intend aid to get through.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 7:07 PM

Re: well, we all know the british can't cook anyways....

EXCLUSIVE: UP IN FLAMESTons of British aid donated to help Hurricane Katrina victims to be BURNED by AmericansFrom Ryan Parry, US Correspondent in New YorkHUNDREDS of tons of British food aid shipped to America for starving Hurricane Katrina survivors is to be burned.US red tape is stopping it from reaching hungry evacuees.Instead tons of the badly needed Nato ration packs, the same as those eaten by British troops in Iraq, has been condemned as unfit for human consumption.And unless the bureaucratic mess is cleared up soon it could be sent for incineration.One British aid worker last night called the move "sickening senselessness" and said furious colleagues were "spitting blood".The food, which cost British taxpayers millions, is sitting idle in a huge warehouse after the Food and Drug Agency recalled it when it had already left to be distributed.Scores of lorries headed back to a warehouse in Little Rock, Arkansas, to dump it at an FDA incineration plant.The Ministry of Defence in London said last night that 400,000 operational ration packs had been shipped to the US.But officials blamed the US Department of Agriculture, which impounded the shipment under regulations relating to the import and export of meat.The aid worker, who would not be named, said: "This is the most appalling act of sickening senselessness while people starve."The FDA has recalled aid from Britain because it has been condemned as unfit for human consumption, despite the fact that these are Nato approved rations of exactly the same type fed to British soldiers in Iraq."Under Nato, American soldiers are also entitled to eat such rations, yet the starving of the American South will see them go up in smoke because of FDA red tape madness."The worker added: "There will be a cloud of smoke above Little Rock soon - of burned food, of anger and of shame that the world's richest nation couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery and lets Americans starve while they arrogantly observe petty regulations."Everyone is revolted by the chaotic shambles the US is making of this crisis. Guys from Unicef are walking around spitting blood."This is utter madness. People have worked their socks off to get food into the region."It is perfectly good Nato approved food of the type British servicemen have. Yet the FDA are saying that because there is a meat content and it has come from Britain it must be destroyed."If they are trying to argue there is a BSE reason then that is ludicrously out of date. There is more BSE in the States than there ever was in Britain and UK meat has been safe for years."The Ministry of Defence said: "We understand there was a glitch and these packs have been impounded by the US Department of Agriculture under regulations relating to the import and export of meat."The situation is changing all the time and at our last meeting on Friday we were told progress was being made in relation to the release of these packs. The Americans certainly haven't indicated to us that there are any more problems and they haven't asked us to take them back."Food from Spain and Italy is also being held because it fails to meet US standards and has been judged unfit for human consumption.And Israeli relief agencies are furious that thousands of gallons of pear juice are to be destroyed because it has been judged unfit.The FDA said: "We did inspect some MREs (meals ready to eat) on September 13. They are the only MREs we looked at. There were 70 huge pallets of vegetarian MREs."They were from a foreign nation. We inspected them and then released them for distribution."http://www.buzzflash.com/?track=6472War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

:-)

Jo

one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

sure they do

but halliburton and bechtel need to make $$ off it first...otherwise forget it

along the same lines..debating how they are gonna pay fer all these damages, the clean up, rebuilding

could they say, kill that tax cut they gave the rich a few years back?

nah

wot has popped up then?

kill federal funding of pbs

i reside in an insane asylum.... Jo Cwazy Sep 21, 2005 4:00 PM Re: well, we all know the british can't cook anyways....

It certainly sounds like the US government doesn't intend aid to get through.

Jo

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Oh, you must not have heard the latest. They are going to cut the Army Corp of Engineers still more! Oh, and steal more money from SS and Medicare.

We are now beyond the asylum! Where the hell is Nurse Ratchett when you need her?????

Lynda

-

fraggle

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 1:26 PM

sure they do

but halliburton and bechtel need to make $$ off it first...otherwise forget it

along the same lines..debating how they are gonna pay fer all these damages, the clean up, rebuilding

could they say, kill that tax cut they gave the rich a few years back?

nah

wot has popped up then?

kill federal funding of pbs

i reside in an insane asylum....

Hi Fraggle

> yer tea? thought you were welsh...that was england's tea we tossed overboard..

Hang on - that was the 1770s. By that time it would have been British tea :-)

BB

Peter

Oooh! I'd loved to get the recipe on this!

;)

Nikki

, " heartwerk " <heartwork@c...> wrote:

> Can anyone cook anyways ? Are they tough? Do you boil them or

saute

> them? What are they?

>

> Jo

anyways, as an adverb, can be cooked in many fashions..be it quickily, or rather

sloppily

earthstrm <nikkimack

Sep 22, 2005 5:35 AM

Oooh! I'd loved to get the recipe on this!

;)

Nikki

, " heartwerk " <heartwork@c...> wrote:

> Can anyone cook anyways ? Are they tough? Do you boil them or

saute

> them? What are they?

>

> Jo

To send an email to -

I want a better government. And some good tea...peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

EXCLUSIVE: UP IN FLAMESTons of British aid donated to help Hurricane Katrina victims to be BURNED by AmericansFrom Ryan Parry, US Correspondent in New YorkHUNDREDS of tons of British food aid shipped to America for starving Hurricane Katrina survivors is to be burned.US red tape is stopping it from reaching hungry evacuees.Instead tons of the badly needed Nato ration packs, the same as those eaten by British troops in Iraq, has been condemned as unfit for human consumption.And unless the bureaucratic mess is cleared up soon it could be sent for incineration.One British aid worker last night called the move "sickening senselessness" and said furious colleagues were "spitting blood".The food, which cost British taxpayers millions, is sitting idle in a huge warehouse after the Food

and Drug Agency recalled it when it had already left to be distributed.Scores of lorries headed back to a warehouse in Little Rock, Arkansas, to dump it at an FDA incineration plant.The Ministry of Defence in London said last night that 400,000 operational ration packs had been shipped to the US.But officials blamed the US Department of Agriculture, which impounded the shipment under regulations relating to the import and export of meat.The aid worker, who would not be named, said: "This is the most appalling act of sickening senselessness while people starve."The FDA has recalled aid from Britain because it has been condemned as unfit for human consumption, despite the fact that these are Nato approved rations of exactly the same type fed to British soldiers in Iraq."Under Nato, American soldiers are also entitled to eat such rations, yet the starving of the American

South will see them go up in smoke because of FDA red tape madness."The worker added: "There will be a cloud of smoke above Little Rock soon - of burned food, of anger and of shame that the world's richest nation couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery and lets Americans starve while they arrogantly observe petty regulations."Everyone is revolted by the chaotic shambles the US is making of this crisis. Guys from Unicef are walking around spitting blood."This is utter madness. People have worked their socks off to get food into the region."It is perfectly good Nato approved food of the type British servicemen have. Yet the FDA are saying that because there is a meat content and it has come from Britain it must be destroyed."If they are trying to argue there is a BSE reason then that is ludicrously out of date. There is more BSE in the States than there ever was in

Britain and UK meat has been safe for years."The Ministry of Defence said: "We understand there was a glitch and these packs have been impounded by the US Department of Agriculture under regulations relating to the import and export of meat."The situation is changing all the time and at our last meeting on Friday we were told progress was being made in relation to the release of these packs. The Americans certainly haven't indicated to us that there are any more problems and they haven't asked us to take them back."Food from Spain and Italy is also being held because it fails to meet US standards and has been judged unfit for human consumption.And Israeli relief agencies are furious that thousands of gallons of pear juice are to be destroyed because it has been judged unfit.The FDA said: "We did inspect some MREs (meals ready to eat) on September 13. They are the only MREs we looked at.

There were 70 huge pallets of vegetarian MREs."They were from a foreign nation. We inspected them and then released them for distribution."http://www.buzzflash.com/?track=6472War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left.

drinkin organic green tea as we speak

er..as i type

as fer government...make me benevolent dictator...come on...trust me.... Jonnie Hellens Sep 22, 2005 10:06 AM Re: well, we all know the british can't cook anyways....

Close your eyes, can't happen hereBig Bro' on white horse is nearThe hippies won't come back you sayMellow out or you will pay

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Thank you Peter, I could have replied, but I couldnt be arsed.

Over to you oh hersute one....oh sorry you are a baldy Fraggle ( Mark?)

The Valley Vegan.........Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Fraggle

> yer tea? thought you were welsh...that was england's tea we tossed overboard..

BB

PeterPeter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

shaved..get it str8 peter hurd Sep 22, 2005 10:37 AM Re: well, we all know the british can't cook anyways....

Thank you Peter, I could have replied, but I couldnt be arsed.

Over to you oh hersute one....oh sorry you are a baldy Fraggle ( Mark?)

The Valley Vegan.........Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Fraggle

BB

Peter

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. To send an email to -

Hi Fraggle

> anyways, as an adverb, can be cooked in many fashions..be it quickily, or

> rather sloppily

Personally, I like my anyways fried until it has crispy edges, and then

served with Soya Ice Cream :-)

BB

Peter

You are a clever Fraggle. Drinkin tea and typing! drinkin through a straw, or typing with your toes/paws?

I`ll vote for you, when do we hit the streets?

er..as i type

as fer government...make me benevolent dictator...come on...trust me.... Jonnie Hellens Sep 22, 2005 10:06 AM Re: well, we all know the british can't cook anyways....

Close your eyes, can't happen hereBig Bro' on white horse is nearThe hippies won't come back you sayMellow out or you will pay

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.Peter H

i try not ot hit the street..violence begets violence

wot did the street ever do to me

wot..i can't type with one paw? peter hurd Sep 22, 2005 10:51 AM Re: well, we all know the british can't cook anyways....

You are a clever Fraggle. Drinkin tea and typing! drinkin through a straw, or typing with your toes/paws?

er..as i type

Close your eyes, can't happen hereBig Bro' on white horse is nearThe hippies won't come back you sayMellow out or you will pay I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Peter H

Is that a rhetorical question or asking permission?, go ahead, type with whatever you can.

The Valley Vegan........

Nothing is so exhausting as indecision, and nothing is so futile.

- Bertrand Russell fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

wot..i can't type with one paw? peter hurd Sep 22, 2005 10:51 AM Re: well, we all know the british can't cook anyways....

er..as i type

Close your eyes, can't happen hereBig Bro' on white horse is nearThe hippies won't come back you sayMellow out or you will pay I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Peter H

Good one Jo! (I'm assuming the play on words was intentional?)Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

It would have to be sloppily in my case, with roast potatoes I think.Jo-"fraggle" <EBbrewpunxThursday, September 22, 2005 5:36 PMRe: Re: well, we all know the british can't cookanyways....> anyways, as an adverb, can be cooked in many fashions..be it quickily, orrather sloppilyJonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

I trust you fraggle, now will you share some of that wonderful tea? (batting eyes innocently...)fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

er..as i type

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.Jonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Yeah, I would guess the street would win that war.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

er..as i type

Peter H