> better food (because I know what we're having, I shop for more fresh

> ingredients, and I make time for dinner more effectively). I have made a

> list of things we have on a regular basis, like udon and tacos, so that I

> can make planning easier.

>

> I thought I'd post my list here, and ask you all to list the things you

> have on a regular basis. This is the reliable stuff, the stuff you make a

> lot, that's fairly easy and a favorite for your family. Do you have

> things like that? If so, please share.

>

> Here's ours (I have a diabetic in the house, so I always list what the

> protein source will be):

>

> Udon with seitan or tofu

> Yaki soba with seitan or tofu

> Sloppy joes with TVP

> Spaghetti with TVP

> Maple-glazed seitan and rice

> Tacos with tvp or beans

> Burritos with beans or TVP or tofu

> Veggie burgers

> Veggie loaf

> Falafel

> Curry with garbanzos and/or tofu and/or seitan

> BBQ tofu

> Enchiladas with beans

> Dal

> Lentil stew

> Wheatberry salad with TVP

>

> Serene

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Um Serene,

I promise to make you a list when I get a chance, will you let me

come over for dinner?

Nikki :)

, " serene (Sandra Vannoy) "

<serene@s...> wrote:

> Okay, so I'm making meal plans, because when I plan our meals we

eat

> better food (because I know what we're having, I shop for more

fresh

> ingredients, and I make time for dinner more effectively). I have

made a

> list of things we have on a regular basis, like udon and tacos, so

that I

> can make planning easier.

>

> I thought I'd post my list here, and ask you all to list the

things you

> have on a regular basis. This is the reliable stuff, the stuff you

make a

> lot, that's fairly easy and a favorite for your family. Do you

have

> things like that? If so, please share.

>

> Here's ours (I have a diabetic in the house, so I always list what

the

> protein source will be):

>

> Udon with seitan or tofu

> Yaki soba with seitan or tofu

> Sloppy joes with TVP

> Spaghetti with TVP

> Maple-glazed seitan and rice

> Tacos with tvp or beans

> Burritos with beans or TVP or tofu

> Veggie burgers

> Veggie loaf

> Falafel

> Curry with garbanzos and/or tofu and/or seitan

> BBQ tofu

> Enchiladas with beans

> Dal

> Lentil stew

> Wheatberry salad with TVP

>

> Serene

On Fri, September 23, 2005 9:40 am, earthstrm said:

> Um Serene,

>

> I promise to make you a list when I get a chance, will you let me

> come over for dinner?

Absolutely! :-) Especially after this week, when I'll stop my crazy

60-hour workweeks and actually get a chance to see my home and family for

a bit each day.

serene, who left for work at 7:45am and will not get home until 10:45pm.

Oh, man, I want to have dinner at YOUR house. Could you possibly provide

recipes for the things below?

> Vegetable crumble

> Pesto pasta

> Creamy walnut pasta

> Sweet & Sour with noodles

serene

garlic

beer

tofu

beer

pasta (capallini, farafelle, etc)

beer

rice

beer

basil

beer

tomatoes

beer

in my haus right now i think i have..apples, nectarines, peaches, garlic, pasta,

about 5 kinds of rice, falafel mix, veggie burger mix, fresh fava beans,

cranberry beans, lentils, kidney beans, some other beans i can't remember(they

had bushels of em at the farmers market last week..)frozen peas, about 6 cans

coconut milk, brocolli, cabbage, carrots, two ears corn, basil, potatoes, and

prolly a lot of stuff i just can't think of off the top of me head..oh, and beer

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do

something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the

something that I can do.

most common method fer me is to press it, then cut into small chunks er wedges

stick em in a wok with oil(olive er sesame..depending)

saute til golden brown

generally with garlic, onions

spices..tumeric, garlic salt, pepper..

sometimes some red wine

depending on wot i'm making determines vegetables added, er maybe coconut milk

er..wotever

:)

cheers

fraggle

" serene (Sandra Vannoy) " <serene

Sep 23, 2005 12:47 PM

Re: Re: Your regular dinners?

On Fri, September 23, 2005 11:54 am, fraggle said:

<beer, beer, beer, and>

> tofu

How do you usually prepare your tofu? We often have tofu scramble or bbq

tofu.

serene

To send an email to -

I still tend to rely on tinned soups and beans on toast from time to time, but make bulks of various currys, dahls, chili, shepherdess pies,stews and freeze and keep . Trouble is I keep forgeting to defrost them and re-heat, so end up opening a tin again!

The Valley Vegan.............

A fynno iechyd, bid lawen He he would be healthy, let him be cheerful Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Hi SereneThere are a few staples that we have, mainly because we can't always bebothered to try new recipes.Lentil hotpot (with a little chilli)Vegetable crumbleBeany bakeSpaghetti bolognese (made with lentils)Cacciatore (made with tofu)Pesto pastaCreamy walnut pastaSweet & Sour with noodlesPasta with red pepper sauceRedwood roastJo-"serene (Sandra Vannoy)" Friday, September 23, 2005 4:20 PM Your regular dinners?> Okay, so I'm making meal plans, because when I plan our meals we eat> better food (because I know what we're having, I shop for more fresh> ingredients, and I make time for dinner more effectively). I have made a> list of things we have on

a regular basis, like udon and tacos, so that I> can make planning easier.>> I thought I'd post my list here, and ask you all to list the things you> have on a regular basis. This is the reliable stuff, the stuff you make a> lot, that's fairly easy and a favorite for your family. Do you have> things like that? If so, please share.>> Here's ours (I have a diabetic in the house, so I always list what the> protein source will be):>> Udon with seitan or tofu> Yaki soba with seitan or tofu> Sloppy joes with TVP> Spaghetti with TVP> Maple-glazed seitan and rice> Tacos with tvp or beans> Burritos with beans or TVP or tofu> Veggie burgers> Veggie loaf> Falafel> Curry with garbanzos and/or tofu and/or seitan> BBQ tofu> Enchiladas with beans> Dal> Lentil stew> Wheatberry salad with TVP>>

Serene>>>> To send an email to - >

Hmmm... all those yummies and no recipes...

Gee when I cook at home, I guess my meals are boring. I'm the only veggie and I feel like a short order cook. DH and kids eat dif kinds of meat and I eat none. So I prepare theirs and some veggies as sides and I eat those veggie sides myself. Last night it was potato, sweet potato (which was yellow and not the usual orange color... strange) broccoli and rye bread."serene (Sandra Vannoy)" <serene wrote:

Okay, so I'm making meal plans, because when I plan our meals we eatbetter food (because I know what we're having, I shop for more freshingredients, and I make time for dinner more effectively). I have made alist of things we have on a regular basis, like udon and tacos, so that Ican make planning easier.I thought I'd post my list here, and ask you all to list the things youhave on a regular basis. This is the reliable stuff, the stuff you make alot, that's fairly easy and a favorite for your family. Do you havethings like that? If so, please share.Here's ours (I have a diabetic in the house, so I always list what theprotein source will be):Udon with seitan or tofuYaki soba with seitan or tofuSloppy joes with TVPSpaghetti with TVPMaple-glazed seitan and riceTacos with tvp or beansBurritos

with beans or TVP or tofuVeggie burgersVeggie loafFalafelCurry with garbanzos and/or tofu and/or seitanBBQ tofuEnchiladas with beansDalLentil stewWheatberry salad with TVPSereneJonnie

What's the possibility that we could have a recipe area off of the group area to post/look at meal ideas? I would love to try new things, but seem to have lost my cookability some time ago when I got the career gene (and some picky eaters in the family). In fact I know for a fact I lost it when I was on complete bed rest while pregnant with my youngest surprise. Nobody even knew before then that DH could cook and clean and he hasn't done it since.Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Hi SereneThere are a few staples that we have, mainly because we can't always bebothered to try new recipes.Lentil hotpot (with a little chilli)Vegetable crumbleBeany bakeSpaghetti bolognese (made with lentils)Cacciatore (made with tofu)Pesto pastaCreamy walnut pastaSweet & Sour with noodlesPasta with red pepper sauceRedwood roastJo-"serene (Sandra Vannoy)" <sereneFriday, September 23, 2005 4:20 PM Your regular dinners?> Okay, so I'm making meal plans, because when I plan our meals we eat> better food (because I know what we're having, I shop for more fresh> ingredients, and I make time for dinner more effectively). I have made a>

list of things we have on a regular basis, like udon and tacos, so that I> can make planning easier.>> I thought I'd post my list here, and ask you all to list the things you> have on a regular basis. This is the reliable stuff, the stuff you make a> lot, that's fairly easy and a favorite for your family. Do you have> things like that? If so, please share.>> Here's ours (I have a diabetic in the house, so I always list what the> protein source will be):>> Udon with seitan or tofu> Yaki soba with seitan or tofu> Sloppy joes with TVP> Spaghetti with TVP> Maple-glazed seitan and rice> Tacos with tvp or beans> Burritos with beans or TVP or tofu> Veggie burgers> Veggie loaf> Falafel> Curry with garbanzos and/or tofu and/or seitan> BBQ tofu> Enchiladas with beans> Dal> Lentil stew> Wheatberry salad with

TVP>> Serene>>>> To send an email to - >

I was drooling over the list too. YUM, YUM, YUM!"serene (Sandra Vannoy)" <serene wrote:

Oh, man, I want to have dinner at YOUR house. Could you possibly providerecipes for the things below?> Vegetable crumble> Pesto pasta> Creamy walnut pasta> Sweet & Sour with noodlessereneJonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Wish I had so much fresh fruit and veg..................oh and beer, in my house.

Now I`m sad,

The Valley Vegan...............

Edrych yn llygad y geiniog Practising thrift fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

garlicbeertofubeerpasta (capallini, farafelle, etc)beerricebeerbasilbeertomatoesbeerin my haus right now i think i have..apples, nectarines, peaches, garlic, pasta, about 5 kinds of rice, falafel mix, veggie burger mix, fresh fava beans, cranberry beans, lentils, kidney beans, some other beans i can't remember(they had bushels of em at the farmers market last week..)frozen peas, about 6 cans coconut milk, brocolli, cabbage, carrots, two ears corn, basil, potatoes, and prolly a lot of stuff i just can't think of off the top of me head..oh, and beerI am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

why do they have to be seperate?

we've always posted tons of recipes here

heck..take a look at the archives sometime..if you got a spare decade

:) Jonnie Hellens Sep 23, 2005 2:07 PM Re: Your regular dinners?

What's the possibility that we could have a recipe area off of the group area to post/look at meal ideas? I would love to try new things, but seem to have lost my cookability some time ago when I got the career gene (and some picky eaters in the family). In fact I know for a fact I lost it when I was on complete bed rest while pregnant with my youngest surprise. Nobody even knew before then that DH could cook and clean and he hasn't done it since.Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote: Hi SereneThere are a few staples that we have, mainly because we can't always bebothered to try new recipes.Lentil hotpot (with a little chilli)Vegetable crumbleBeany bakeSpaghetti bolognese (made with lentils)Cacciatore (made with tofu)Pesto pastaCreamy walnut pastaSweet & Sour with noodlesPasta with red pepper sauceRedwood roastJo-"serene (Sandra Vannoy)" <sereneFriday, September 23, 2005 4:20 PM Your regular dinners?> Okay, so I'm making meal plans, because when I plan our meals we eat> better food (because I know what we're having, I shop for more fresh> ingredients, and I make time for dinner more effectively). I have made a> list of things we have on a regular basis, like udon and tacos, so that I> can make planning easier.>> I thought I'd post my list here, and ask you all to list the things you> have on a regular basis. This is the reliable stuff, the stuff you make a> lot, that's fairly easy and a favorite for your family. Do you have> things like that? If so, please share.>> Here's ours (I have a diabetic in the house, so I always list what the> protein source will be):>> Udon with seitan or tofu> Yaki soba with seitan or tofu> Sloppy joes with TVP> Spaghetti with TVP> Maple-glazed seitan and rice> Tacos with tvp or beans> Burritos with beans or TVP or tofu> Veggie burgers> Veggie loaf> Falafel> Curry with garbanzos and/or tofu and/or seitan> BBQ tofu> Enchiladas with beans> Dal> Lentil stew> Wheatberry salad with TVP>> Serene>>>> To send an email to - >

plenty of beer in mine, so, come on over

:) peter hurd Sep 23, 2005 2:11 PM Re: Re: Your regular dinners?

Wish I had so much fresh fruit and veg..................oh and beer, in my house.

Now I`m sad,

garlicbeertofubeerpasta (capallini, farafelle, etc)beerricebeerbasilbeertomatoesbeerin my haus right now i think i have..apples, nectarines, peaches, garlic, pasta, about 5 kinds of rice, falafel mix, veggie burger mix, fresh fava beans, cranberry beans, lentils, kidney beans, some other beans i can't remember(they had bushels of em at the farmers market last week..)frozen peas, about 6 cans coconut milk, brocolli, cabbage, carrots, two ears corn, basil, potatoes, and prolly a lot of stuff i just can't think of off the top of me head..oh, and beerI am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

yeah right, on my way then. should get there about Wednesday...............

2007?

The Valley Vegan................

Hir ei dafod, byr ei wybod A long tongue and little knowledge fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Now I`m sad,

sorry

won't be in town on wednesday....

i'll leave one under the mat for you... peter hurd Sep 23, 2005 2:34 PM Re: Re: Your regular dinners?

yeah right, on my way then. should get there about Wednesday...............

2007?

The Valley Vegan................

Hir ei dafod, byr ei wybod A long tongue and little knowledge fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Now I`m sad,

and don't forget the beer Fraggle.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Friday, September 23, 2005 7:54 PM

> garlic

> beer

> tofu

> beer

> pasta (capallini, farafelle, etc)

> beer

> rice

> beer

> basil

> beer

> tomatoes

> beer

>

> in my haus right now i think i have..apples, nectarines, peaches, garlic,

pasta, about 5 kinds of rice, falafel mix, veggie burger mix, fresh fava

beans, cranberry beans, lentils, kidney beans, some other beans i can't

remember(they had bushels of em at the farmers market last week..)frozen

peas, about 6 cans coconut milk, brocolli, cabbage, carrots, two ears corn,

basil, potatoes, and prolly a lot of stuff i just can't think of off the top

of me head..oh, and beer

>

> I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still

do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do

the something that I can do.

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

We like beans on toast - especially when too tired to cook a dinner. If you follow it with some fruit it's a fairly balanced meal.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Friday, September 23, 2005 9:46 PM

Re: Your regular dinners?

I still tend to rely on tinned soups and beans on toast from time to time, but make bulks of various currys, dahls, chili, shepherdess pies,stews and freeze and keep . Trouble is I keep forgeting to defrost them and re-heat, so end up opening a tin again!

A fynno iechyd, bid lawen He he would be healthy, let him be cheerful Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Hi SereneThere are a few staples that we have, mainly because we can't always bebothered to try new recipes.Lentil hotpot (with a little chilli)Vegetable crumbleBeany bakeSpaghetti bolognese (made with lentils)Cacciatore (made with tofu)Pesto pastaCreamy walnut pastaSweet & Sour with noodlesPasta with red pepper sauceRedwood roastJo-"serene (Sandra Vannoy)" Friday, September 23, 2005 4:20 PM Your regular dinners?> Okay, so I'm making meal plans, because when I plan our meals we eat> better food (because I know what we're having, I shop for more fresh> ingredients, and I make time for dinner more effectively). I have made a> list of things we have on a regular basis, like udon and tacos, so that I> can make planning easier.>> I thought I'd post my list here, and ask you all to list the things you> have on a regular basis. This is the reliable stuff, the stuff you make a> lot, that's fairly easy and a favorite for your family. Do you have> things like that? If so, please share.>> Here's ours (I have a diabetic in the house, so I always list what the> protein source will be):>> Udon with seitan or tofu> Yaki soba with seitan or tofu> Sloppy joes with TVP> Spaghetti with TVP> Maple-glazed seitan and rice> Tacos with tvp or beans> Burritos with beans or TVP or tofu> Veggie burgers> Veggie loaf> Falafel> Curry with garbanzos and/or tofu and/or seitan> BBQ tofu> Enchiladas with beans> Dal> Lentil stew> Wheatberry salad with TVP>> Serene>>>> To send an email to - >

i never do

:)

Jo Cwazy <heartwork

Sep 23, 2005 2:41 PM

and don't forget the beer Fraggle.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Friday, September 23, 2005 7:54 PM

> garlic

> beer

> tofu

> beer

> beer

> rice

> beer

> basil

> beer

> tomatoes

> beer

>

> in my haus right now i think i have..apples, nectarines, peaches, garlic,

pasta, about 5 kinds of rice, falafel mix, veggie burger mix, fresh fava

beans, cranberry beans, lentils, kidney beans, some other beans i can't

remember(they had bushels of em at the farmers market last week..)frozen

peas, about 6 cans coconut milk, brocolli, cabbage, carrots, two ears corn,

basil, potatoes, and prolly a lot of stuff i just can't think of off the top

of me head..oh, and beer

>

> I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still

do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do

the something that I can do.

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Oooh!

Jo

-

peter hurd

Friday, September 23, 2005 11:02 PM

If you follow it with fruit its a bowel moving experiance!

The Valley Vegan..............

Bys ymhob brywes A finger in every pie Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

We like beans on toast - especially when too tired to cook a dinner. If you follow it with some fruit it's a fairly balanced meal.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Hi SereneThere are a few staples that we have, mainly because we can't always bebothered to try new recipes.Lentil hotpot (with a little chilli)Vegetable crumbleBeany bakeSpaghetti bolognese (made with lentils)Cacciatore (made with tofu)Pesto pastaCreamy walnut pastaSweet & Sour with noodlesPasta with red pepper sauceRedwood roastJo-"serene (Sandra Vannoy)" Friday, September 23, 2005 4:20 PM Your regular dinners?> Okay, so I'm making meal plans, because when I plan our meals we eat> better food (because I know what we're having, I shop for more fresh> ingredients, and I make time for dinner more effectively). I have made a> list of things we have on a regular basis, like udon and tacos, so that I> can make planning easier.>> I thought I'd post my list here, and ask you all to list the things you> have on a regular basis. This is the reliable stuff, the stuff you make a> lot, that's fairly easy and a favorite for your family. Do you have> things like that? If so, please share.>> Here's ours (I have a diabetic in the house, so I always list what the> protein source will be):>> Udon with seitan or tofu> Yaki soba with seitan or tofu> Sloppy joes with TVP> Spaghetti with TVP> Maple-glazed seitan and rice> Tacos with tvp or beans> Burritos with beans or TVP or tofu> Veggie burgers> Veggie loaf> Falafel> Curry with garbanzos and/or tofu and/or seitan> BBQ tofu> Enchiladas with beans> Dal> Lentil stew> Wheatberry salad with TVP>> Serene>>>> To send an email to - >

Sounds good, I'm there!

I work 60-70 too, but at least I get to do most from home. That helps

a bit.

I have Chinese food DH is picking up for me. I will break for 30 min

because chopsticks and keyboards don't mix well and then back again.

Nikki :)

, " serene (Sandra Vannoy) "

<serene@s...> wrote:

>

> On Fri, September 23, 2005 9:40 am, earthstrm said:

> > Um Serene,

> >

> > I promise to make you a list when I get a chance, will you let me

> > come over for dinner?

>

> Absolutely! :-) Especially after this week, when I'll stop my crazy

> 60-hour workweeks and actually get a chance to see my home and

family for

> a bit each day.

>

> serene, who left for work at 7:45am and will not get home until

10:45pm.

Yeah, I dunno about you, but I don't have much time and none extra. I thought it might be nice to have a place where we can post them and a person could peruse/leech food ideas.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

why do they have to be seperate?

we've always posted tons of recipes here

heck..take a look at the archives sometime..if you got a spare decade

:) Jonnie Hellens Sep 23, 2005 2:07 PM Re: Your regular dinners?

What's the possibility that we could have a recipe area off of the group area to post/look at meal ideas? I would love to try new things, but seem to have lost my cookability some time ago when I got the career gene (and some picky eaters in the family). In fact I know for a fact I lost it when I was on complete bed rest while pregnant with my youngest surprise. Nobody even knew before then that DH could cook and clean and he hasn't done it since.Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote: Hi SereneThere are a few staples that we have, mainly because we can't always bebothered to try new recipes.Lentil hotpot (with a little chilli)Vegetable crumbleBeany bakeSpaghetti bolognese (made with lentils)Cacciatore (made with tofu)Pesto pastaCreamy walnut pastaSweet & Sour with noodlesPasta with red pepper sauceRedwood roastJo-"serene (Sandra Vannoy)" <sereneFriday, September 23, 2005 4:20 PM Your regular dinners?> Okay, so I'm making meal plans, because when I plan our meals we eat> better food (because I know what we're having, I shop for more fresh> ingredients, and I make time for dinner more effectively). I have made a>

list of things we have on a regular basis, like udon and tacos, so that I> can make planning easier.>> I thought I'd post my list here, and ask you all to list the things you> have on a regular basis. This is the reliable stuff, the stuff you make a> lot, that's fairly easy and a favorite for your family. Do you have> things like that? If so, please share.>> Here's ours (I have a diabetic in the house, so I always list what the> protein source will be):>> Udon with seitan or tofu> Yaki soba with seitan or tofu> Sloppy joes with TVP> Spaghetti with TVP> Maple-glazed seitan and rice> Tacos with tvp or beans> Burritos with beans or TVP or tofu> Veggie burgers> Veggie loaf> Falafel> Curry with garbanzos and/or tofu and/or seitan> BBQ tofu> Enchiladas with beans> Dal> Lentil stew> Wheatberry salad with

TVP>> Serene>>>> To send an email to - >

Of course it depends on how much fiber is in the bread too. Which kinda beans do you like to put on it? peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

If you follow it with fruit its a bowel moving experiance!

The Valley Vegan..............

Bys ymhob brywes A finger in every pie Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

peter hurd

Hi SereneThere are a few staples that we have, mainly because we can't always bebothered to try new recipes.Lentil hotpot (with a little chilli)Vegetable crumbleBeany bakeSpaghetti bolognese (made with lentils)Cacciatore (made with tofu)Pesto pastaCreamy walnut pastaSweet & Sour with noodlesPasta with red pepper sauceRedwood roastJo-"serene (Sandra Vannoy)" Friday, September 23, 2005 4:20 PM Your regular dinners?> Okay, so I'm making meal plans, because when I plan our meals we eat> better food (because I know what we're having, I shop for more fresh> ingredients, and I make time for dinner more effectively). I have made a> list of things we have on

a regular basis, like udon and tacos, so that I> can make planning easier.>> I thought I'd post my list here, and ask you all to list the things you> have on a regular basis. This is the reliable stuff, the stuff you make a> lot, that's fairly easy and a favorite for your family. Do you have> things like that? If so, please share.>> Here's ours (I have a diabetic in the house, so I always list what the> protein source will be):>> Udon with seitan or tofu> Yaki soba with seitan or tofu> Sloppy joes with TVP> Spaghetti with TVP> Maple-glazed seitan and rice> Tacos with tvp or beans> Burritos with beans or TVP or tofu> Veggie burgers> Veggie loaf> Falafel> Curry with garbanzos and/or tofu and/or seitan> BBQ tofu> Enchiladas with beans> Dal> Lentil stew> Wheatberry salad with TVP>>

Serene>>>> To send an email to - >

I have rice and beans,

chocolate,

rice and beans

chocolate

and rice and beans. hee hee.

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> garlic

> beer

> tofu

> beer