IndiaDivine.org

gawd i'm a library

Rate this topic

Guest guest

oh..i support there existence

they can happily have my tax dollars..

i just have no time to use em

besides...if i don't borrow the book, it means someone else has a chance....

i've left cases of books at local libraries

just don't have the pateince to go every day t o find out "sorry, that book is still out"

not to mention i work ...they are loooong closed by the time i get off work...

its just easier to go down to the local independent bookstore...

peter hurd Sep 24, 2005 1:02 PM Re: Re: gawd i'm a fool

Come on Fraggle, you of all people should be supporting libraries, from the sharing of knowledge and saving resources standpoints at least!, and you must agree that a lot of people cannot afford to spend 100 bucks on food , never mind books in one go. Or are you just trying to sell more books?

I know you are a keen reader, but come on support your local libraries, I know they dont keep everything, but can get books in from other local libraries ( in my kneck of the woods anyway), which means you have access to quite a selction. In this modern playstation age, there doesnt seem to be the interest in books amongst kids like there used to be, so they need support from the old fogies like me to ensure that they stay open.

Stepsdown off soapbox,

The Valley Vegan................

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Fraggle,

Over here we dont "have to go down to find out that the book is out", thelibrary catalogues are all on the web now, so you can save yourself a visit, or put a book on hold. Are`nt yours?

The Valley Vegan..........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

just don't have the pateince to go every day t o find out "sorry, that book is still out"

Come on Fraggle, you of all people should be supporting libraries, from the sharing of knowledge and saving resources standpoints at least!, and you must agree that a lot of people cannot afford to spend 100 bucks on food , never mind books in one go. Or are you just trying to sell more books?

I know you are a keen reader, but come on support your local libraries, I know they dont keep everything, but can get books in from other local libraries ( in my kneck of the woods anyway), which means you have access to quite a selction. In this modern playstation age, there doesnt seem to be the interest in books amongst kids like there used to be, so they need support from the old fogies like me to ensure that they stay open.

Stepsdown off soapbox,

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Yes they are and yes you can.

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Saturday, September 24, 2005 1:44 PM

Re: Re: gawd i'm a library

Fraggle,

Over here we dont "have to go down to find out that the book is out", thelibrary catalogues are all on the web now, so you can save yourself a visit, or put a book on hold. Are`nt yours?

The Valley Vegan..........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Stepsdown off soapbox,

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.5/110 - Release 9/22/2005