IndiaDivine.org

Hunt Supporter arrested

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Refreshing headline isnt it? Shoe on the other foot comes to mind.

A girl was stopped by police at a hunting supporters meet ( Midlands Game Fair in Staffordshire) for wearing a shirt that had the slogan "Bollocks to Blair". She was stopped and told that she was committing an offence. She told reporters that "(They) grabbed me and dragged me into the car like a football hooligan". She was released without chargeafter agreeing to cover up the slogan by putting on a jacket. She is demandinding an apology from Police.

Some Hope!

The Valley Vegan...........Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

I didn't think that was an offense. The police don't arrest people on demonstrations in London for having slogans saying that, and more. I knew a Cradle of Filth t-shirt wearer was once arrested.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:06 AM

Re: Re: Hunt Supporter arrested

A girl was stopped by police at a hunting supporters meet ( Midlands Game Fair in Staffordshire) for wearing a shirt that had the slogan "Bollocks to Blair". She was stopped and told that she was committing an offence. She told reporters that "(They) grabbed me and dragged me into the car like a football hooligan". She was released without chargeafter agreeing to cover up the slogan by putting on a jacket. She is demandinding an apology from Police.

Some Hope!

The Valley Vegan...........

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

We went to dinner last night and I had the yummiest meal in a long, long time! We went to California Pizza Kitchen (they say their dough is vegan) and I had a pizza with portabello mushrooms, red and green peppers, roasted corn, baby broccoli, sliced red onions, sun-dried tomatoes and a small smear of tomato sauce. Instead of cheese, they offered me their Tuscan Hummus made with Tuscan white beans. I was in heaven. What does this have to do with below? While we were waiting (noshing on yummy bread) we noticed some protesters go by. Since it was Peace Day, I figgered it was an anti-war march and we later found out it was. There was police and security presence (and a lot of the protesters who were getting off duty put their stuff in their car and ate in the restaurant) but they didn't hassle them. It gave me a chance to have a good discussion with my son. Hmm... comes to mind the woman who is trying to get a book banned from

her daughters college level class and she what she said about the dinner conversation. I welcome questions, any questions from my son! And yes, we have talked about such things a long time ago. If they are curious, it's time to know I figger. We've talked about war (and sex) for quite a while, but he had some new thought provoking questions at dinner.peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Some Hope!

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Jonnie

She wasnt charged, just held in the car until she agreed to cover up. Now she knows a little of what hunt sabs/supporters have to put up with.

The t shirt you mentioned was probably an offense against good taste!

The Valley Vegan...........Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

I didn't think that was an offense. The police don't arrest people on demonstrations in London for having slogans saying that, and more. I knew a Cradle of Filth t-shirt wearer was once arrested.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Some Hope!

Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Peter H

I agree that it is good to see a hunt supporter worried by the police, just as hunt sabs are.

Jo

-

peter hurd

Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:09 PM

She wasnt charged, just held in the car until she agreed to cover up. Now she knows a little of what hunt sabs/supporters have to put up with.

The t shirt you mentioned was probably an offense against good taste!

The Valley Vegan...........Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

Jo

-

peter hurd

Some Hope!

Peter H

Peter H