Guest guest

We went to the Vegan Fair at Kensington Hall in London on Sunday. It

was crowded and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. There

were lots of stalls selling various vegan items. This year I saw a

vegan petfood stall for the first time. It was causing quite a bit

of interest. There were also various animal rights stalls there,

including the Crustacean Protection society run by one of our

friends. Veggies did the catering as usual, serving quick food like

sausage rolls, samosas, burgers etc. and cakes :-)

In the foyer there were food stalls - African food, Redwoods, Beanies

Healthfoods and a raw food stall which was expensive but the stall

looked and smelled delicious.

I had intended to buy candles and Yule cards, but couldn't find

those, so will have to try at either the Christmas Without Cruelty do

or Witchfest.

I haven't been to the Bristol Vegan Fair before but the flyer looks

good so I may give that a go.

Do any of you manage to get to any similar events?

Jo

Um, I went to a movie and there was an animal rescue day at the mall (AZ Mills). They had various organizations that rescue animals and have them up for adoption. They had some dogs and cats there and pictures of other animals like horses. Not nearly as fun as your event!heartwerk <heartwork wrote:

We went to the Vegan Fair at Kensington Hall in London on Sunday. It was crowded and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. There were lots of stalls selling various vegan items. This year I saw a vegan petfood stall for the first time. It was causing quite a bit of interest. There were also various animal rights stalls there, including the Crustacean Protection society run by one of our friends. Veggies did the catering as usual, serving quick food like sausage rolls, samosas, burgers etc. and cakes :-)In the foyer there were food stalls - African food, Redwoods, Beanies Healthfoods and a raw food stall which was expensive but the stall looked and smelled delicious.I had intended to buy candles and Yule cards, but couldn't find those, so will have to try at either the Christmas Without

Cruelty do or Witchfest.I haven't been to the Bristol Vegan Fair before but the flyer looks good so I may give that a go.Do any of you manage to get to any similar events?JoJonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

I think the mix has to be right - if it is all animal rights (and the horrible pictures that go with it) it can be very depressing - and let's face it, at vegan events they are preaching to the converted. I think the stalls in towns do quite a good job because there are lots of people around who seem to have been previously unaware of the horrors that take place for food production etc.

BBJo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:43 PM

Re: Vegan Fair

Um, I went to a movie and there was an animal rescue day at the mall (AZ Mills). They had various organizations that rescue animals and have them up for adoption. They had some dogs and cats there and pictures of other animals like horses. Not nearly as fun as your event!heartwerk <heartwork wrote: We went to the Vegan Fair at Kensington Hall in London on Sunday. It was crowded and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. There were lots of stalls selling various vegan items. This year I saw a vegan petfood stall for the first time. It was causing quite a bit of interest. There were also various animal rights stalls there, including the Crustacean Protection society run by one of our friends. Veggies did the catering as usual, serving quick food like sausage rolls, samosas, burgers etc. and cakes :-)In the foyer there were food stalls - African food, Redwoods, Beanies Healthfoods and a raw food stall which was expensive but the stall looked and smelled delicious.I had intended to buy candles and Yule cards, but couldn't find those, so will have to try at either the Christmas Without Cruelty do or Witchfest.I haven't been to the Bristol Vegan Fair before but the flyer looks good so I may give that a go.Do any of you manage to get to any similar events?JoJonnie

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

I think they did a good job. Our Sheriff has taken this cause to his own mind, so he not only rescues animals, but prosecutes the offenders. Then he has his prisoners take care and train the animals until they find a home. There are also various orgainizations that resue certain breeds, they were there. It was an upbeat event, but also you knew that some of these poor creatures had horible times.Jo Cwazy <heartwork wrote:

I think the mix has to be right - if it is all animal rights (and the horrible pictures that go with it) it can be very depressing - and let's face it, at vegan events they are preaching to the converted. I think the stalls in towns do quite a good job because there are lots of people around who seem to have been previously unaware of the horrors that take place for food production etc.

BBJo

-

Jonnie Hellens

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 5:43 PM

Re: Vegan Fair

Um, I went to a movie and there was an animal rescue day at the mall (AZ Mills). They had various organizations that rescue animals and have them up for adoption. They had some dogs and cats there and pictures of other animals like horses. Not nearly as fun as your event!heartwerk <heartwork wrote: We went to the Vegan Fair at Kensington Hall in London on Sunday. It was crowded and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. There were lots of stalls selling various vegan items. This year I saw a vegan petfood stall for the first time. It was causing quite a bit of interest. There were also various animal rights stalls there, including the Crustacean Protection society run by one of our friends. Veggies did the catering as usual, serving quick food like sausage rolls, samosas, burgers etc. and cakes :-)In the foyer there were food stalls - African food, Redwoods, Beanies Healthfoods and a raw food stall which was expensive but the stall looked and smelled delicious.I had intended to buy candles and Yule cards, but couldn't find those, so will have to try at either the Christmas Without

Cruelty do or Witchfest.I haven't been to the Bristol Vegan Fair before but the flyer looks good so I may give that a go.Do any of you manage to get to any similar events?JoJonnie

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. Jonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.