> a child. Sandra Catena, 47, said she didn't see the sign when she sat

> down to wait for an arts festival to start. Two New York City police

> officers asked her if she was with a child. When she said no, they gave

> her a ticket that could bring a $1,000 fine and 90 days in jail. The

> city parks department said the rule is designed to keep pedophiles out

> of city parks, but a parks spokesman told the Daily News that the

> department hoped police would use some common sense when enforcing the

> rule. The spokesman told the paper that ticketing a woman in the park in

> the middle of the day is not the way you want to enforce the rule.

maybe she should have told them she's pregnant -- that's being with child ;) ... and i'm sure they would have appreciated her humor and dropped the fine......

andrea

Lynda <lurine wrote:

Only in NYC.Lynda- > Woman Ticketed For Sitting On Park Bench With No Kids> Ticket Could Bring $1,000 Fine, 90 Days In Jail> http://www.click2houston.com/news/5029825/detail.html> > *NEW YORK -- *It's an only in New York story. A woman was given a ticket > for sitting on a park bench because she doesn't have children. The > Rivington Playground on Manhattan's East Side has a small sign at the > entrance that says adults are prohibited unless they are accompanied by > a child. Sandra Catena, 47, said she didn't see the sign when she sat > down to wait for an arts festival to start. Two New York City police > officers asked her if she was with a child. When she said no, they gave > her a

ticket that could bring a $1,000 fine and 90 days in jail. The > city parks department said the rule is designed to keep pedophiles out > of city parks, but a parks spokesman told the Daily News that the > department hoped police would use some common sense when enforcing the > rule. The spokesman told the paper that ticketing a woman in the park in > the middle of the day is not the way you want to enforce the rule.

hi lynda,

what I find amazing is that they can ticket people, for

susch Inane things as sitting on steps of subway, leaving strollers

outside of restaurants and feeding the pigeons.

I spent the summer in nyc, at my moms apartmetn, But,

when I called the cops to complain about

teenagers playing music at 2 am, smoking pot and drinking and being

loud, people breaking into cars, motoercycles in the childrens

playground etc. The say things like " we'll look into it " but

nothing ever happens.

I suspect the quality of life issues are happening in certain

neighborhoods only and not in the entire island.

One of the things, that I used to enjoy was feeding the pigeons, which

is illegal now.

this summer my kids and I (secretly feed them!) prentending to drop

pieces of bread by accident, we felt like such criminals and we got

stares from some people, we are such revels! Ha ha ha.

, " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

> Only in NYC.

>

> Lynda

> -

>

> > Woman Ticketed For Sitting On Park Bench With No Kids

> > Ticket Could Bring $1,000 Fine, 90 Days In Jail

> > http://www.click2houston.com/news/5029825/detail.html

> >

> > *NEW YORK -- *It's an only in New York story. A woman was given a

ticket

> > for sitting on a park bench because she doesn't have children. The

> > Rivington Playground on Manhattan's East Side has a small sign at the

> > entrance that says adults are prohibited unless they are

accompanied by

> > a child. Sandra Catena, 47, said she didn't see the sign when she sat

I heard that ( and I could have mis heard/ dreampt/ etc.) that in suburbs of Canada , that you can get fined for not cutting your lawn? Anyone on here from Cananda who can tell me if I have finally lost the plot?

The Valley Vegan...........

Chwedl a gynydda fel caseg eira A tale increases like a rolling stone Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

hi lynda, what I find amazing is that they can ticket people, for susch Inane things as sitting on steps of subway, leaving strollersoutside of restaurants and feeding the pigeons.I spent the summer in nyc, at my moms apartmetn, But, when I called the cops to complain about teenagers playing music at 2 am, smoking pot and drinking and being loud, people breaking into cars, motoercycles in the childrensplayground etc. The say things like " we'll look into it" butnothing ever happens. I suspect the quality of life issues are happening in certainneighborhoods only and not in the entire island. One of the things, that I used to enjoy was feeding the pigeons, whichis illegal now. this summer my kids and I (secretly feed them!) prentending to droppieces of bread by accident, we felt like such criminals and we

gotstares from some people, we are such revels! Ha ha ha. , "Lynda" wrote:> Only in NYC.> > Lynda> - > > > Woman Ticketed For Sitting On Park Bench With No Kids> > Ticket Could Bring $1,000 Fine, 90 Days In Jail> > http://www.click2houston.com/news/5029825/detail.html> > > > *NEW YORK -- *It's an only in New York story. A woman was given aticket > > for sitting on a park bench because she doesn't have children. The > > Rivington Playground on Manhattan's East Side has a small sign at the > > entrance that says adults are prohibited unless they areaccompanied by > > a child. Sandra Catena, 47, said she didn't see the sign when she sat

that is true in my neighborhood, they came around a ticketed an

abadoned house, because the grass was too high.

that was funny.

people have to mow their lawns every week in summer and every two

weeks in winter. It isn't natural, I tells ya.

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

> I heard that ( and I could have mis heard/ dreampt/ etc.) that in

suburbs of Canada , that you can get fined for not cutting your lawn?

Anyone on here from Cananda who can tell me if I have finally lost the

plot?

>

> The Valley Vegan...........

>

I find that truly amazing, that they pay someone to check how long your grass is! as though it belongs to them! Big Brother is measuring your grass!

Any other truly useless by laws?

The Valley Vegan..............

Mae rhyw chwilen yn ei ben He has a bee in his bonnet Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

that is true in my neighborhood, they came around a ticketed an abadoned house, because the grass was too high. that was funny. people have to mow their lawns every week in summer and every twoweeks in winter. It isn't natural, I tells ya. , peter hurd wrote:> I heard that ( and I could have mis heard/ dreampt/ etc.) that insuburbs of Canada , that you can get fined for not cutting your lawn?Anyone on here from Cananda who can tell me if I have finally lost theplot?> > The Valley Vegan...........>

hi pedr

well, they don't hafta pay anyone.

actually it is anally retentive

neighbors that call the county and say so and so's grass is too high.

and so and so is not making the neighborhood look good. They complain

about

the weirdo that doens't care about their tall grass.

I'm not a fan of mowing.

Not in mine, but in some neighborhoods they tell you what color,

to paint your house ( they get together and have meetings about this)?!?!

it's about conformisn.

I can think about lotsa other stupid things that happen, but it would

be a very long email..

, peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

> I find that truly amazing, that they pay someone to check how long

your grass is! as though it belongs to them! Big Brother is measuring

your grass!

> Any other truly useless by laws?

>

> The Valley Vegan..............

>

> Mae rhyw chwilen yn ei ben He has a bee in his bonnet

>

>

> Anouk Sickler <zurumato@e...> wrote:

> that is true in my neighborhood, they came around a ticketed an

> abadoned house, because the grass was too high.

> that was funny.

>

> people have to mow their lawns every week in summer and every two

> weeks in winter. It isn't natural, I tells ya.

>

>

>

Do these same people who worry about what colour other peoples property is, and how long their grass is also spend as much energy on being friendly and positive towards each other?

The Valley Vegan............Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

hi pedrwell, they don't hafta pay anyone. actually it is anally retentiveneighbors that call the county and say so and so's grass is too high.and so and so is not making the neighborhood look good. They complainabout the weirdo that doens't care about their tall grass. I'm not a fan of mowing. Not in mine, but in some neighborhoods they tell you what color,to paint your house ( they get together and have meetings about this)?!?!it's about conformisn. I can think about lotsa other stupid things that happen, but it wouldbe a very long email.. , peter hurd wrote:> I find that truly amazing, that they pay someone to check how longyour grass is! as though it belongs to them! Big Brother is measuringyour grass!> Any other truly useless by

laws?> > The Valley Vegan..............> > Mae rhyw chwilen yn ei ben He has a bee in his bonnet > > > Anouk Sickler wrote:> that is true in my neighborhood, they came around a ticketed an > abadoned house, because the grass was too high. > that was funny. > > people have to mow their lawns every week in summer and every two> weeks in winter. It isn't natural, I tells ya.> > >

I heard on the news this morning that some people in Scottsdale (we call it Snobsdale) are upset that there is this gigantic American flag flying at Westworld and some people want it taken down because it's not desert colors. They want them to put up a flag that blends in more with the area.peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Do these same people who worry about what colour other peoples property is, and how long their grass is also spend as much energy on being friendly and positive towards each other?

hi pedrwell, they don't hafta pay anyone. actually it is anally retentiveneighbors that call the county and say so and so's grass is too high.and so and so is not making the neighborhood look good. They complainabout the weirdo that doens't care about their tall grass. I'm not a fan of mowing. Not in mine, but in some neighborhoods they tell you what color,to paint your house ( they get together and have meetings about this)?!?!it's about conformisn. I can think about lotsa other stupid things that happen, but it wouldbe a very long email.. , peter hurd wrote:> I find that truly amazing, that they pay someone to check how longyour grass is! as though it belongs to them! Big Brother is measuringyour grass!> Any other truly useless by

laws?> > The Valley Vegan..............> > Mae rhyw chwilen yn ei ben He has a bee in his bonnet > > > Anouk Sickler wrote:> that is true in my neighborhood, they came around a ticketed an > abadoned house, because the grass was too high. > that was funny. > > people have to mow their lawns every week in summer and every two> weeks in winter. It isn't natural, I tells ya.> > >

How about an Iraq flag?

The Valley Vegan........

Tynnu blew o drwyn rhywun To annoy someone Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

I heard on the news this morning that some people in Scottsdale (we call it Snobsdale) are upset that there is this gigantic American flag flying at Westworld and some people want it taken down because it's not desert colors. They want them to put up a flag that blends in more with the area.peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

What is Westworld? The only thing I can think of is the film, where

it was a leisure place with robots.

Jo

, Jonnie Hellens

<jonnie_hellens> wrote:

> I heard on the news this morning that some people in Scottsdale (we

call it Snobsdale) are upset that there is this gigantic American flag

flying at Westworld and some people want it taken down because it's

not desert colors. They want them to put up a flag that blends in

more with the area.

>

> peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:Do these same people who worry about

what colour other peoples property is, and how long their grass is

also spend as much energy on being friendly and positive towards each

other?

>

> The Valley Vegan............

>

> Anouk Sickler <zurumato@e...> wrote:

> hi pedr

>

> well, they don't hafta pay anyone.

> actually it is anally retentive

> neighbors that call the county and say so and so's grass is too high.

> and so and so is not making the neighborhood look good. They complain

> about

> the weirdo that doens't care about their tall grass.

>

> I'm not a fan of mowing.

>

> Not in mine, but in some neighborhoods they tell you what color,

> to paint your house ( they get together and have meetings about

this)?!?!

>

> it's about conformisn.

>

> I can think about lotsa other stupid things that happen, but it would

> be a very long email..

>

>

>

> , peter hurd wrote:

> > I find that truly amazing, that they pay someone to check how long

> your grass is! as though it belongs to them! Big Brother is measuring

> your grass!

> > Any other truly useless by laws?

> >

> > The Valley Vegan..............

> >

> > Mae rhyw chwilen yn ei ben He has a bee in his bonnet

> >

> >

> > Anouk Sickler wrote:

> > that is true in my neighborhood, they came around a ticketed an

> > abadoned house, because the grass was too high.

> > that was funny.

> >

> > people have to mow their lawns every week in summer and every two

> > weeks in winter. It isn't natural, I tells ya.

> >

> >

> >

To send an email to -

>

Yep I remember that, Yul Brynner wasnt it?, a far cry from The Prince and I!

Yr oen yn dysgu i'r ddafad bori The lamb teaching the ewe to graze heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

What is Westworld? The only thing I can think of is the film, whereit was a leisure place with robots.Jo , Jonnie Hellenswrote:> I heard on the news this morning that some people in Scottsdale (wecall it Snobsdale) are upset that there is this gigantic American flagflying at Westworld and some people want it taken down because it'snot desert colors. They want them to put up a flag that blends inmore with the area.> > peter hurd wrote:Do these same people who worry aboutwhat colour other peoples property is, and how long their grass isalso spend as much energy on being friendly and positive towards eachother?> > The Valley Vegan............> > Anouk Sickler wrote:> hi pedr> > well,

they don't hafta pay anyone. > actually it is anally retentive> neighbors that call the county and say so and so's grass is too high.> and so and so is not making the neighborhood look good. They complain> about > the weirdo that doens't care about their tall grass. > > I'm not a fan of mowing. > > Not in mine, but in some neighborhoods they tell you what color,> to paint your house ( they get together and have meetings aboutthis)?!?!> > it's about conformisn. > > I can think about lotsa other stupid things that happen, but it would> be a very long email..> > > > , peter hurd wrote:> > I find that truly amazing, that they pay someone to check how long> your grass is! as though it belongs to them! Big Brother is measuring> your grass!> > Any other truly useless by laws?> >

> > The Valley Vegan..............> > > > Mae rhyw chwilen yn ei ben He has a bee in his bonnet > > > > > > Anouk Sickler wrote:> > that is true in my neighborhood, they came around a ticketed an > > abadoned house, because the grass was too high. > > that was funny. > > > > people have to mow their lawns every week in summer and every two> > weeks in winter. It isn't natural, I tells ya.> > > > > > > > > > > > > To send an email to - >

green white red and black wouldn't blend very well into the desert

and it'd prolly get you lynched in scottsdale

i think their neighborhood association would sadly poo poo the whole idea peter hurd Oct 4, 2005 4:23 PM Re: Re: common sense? Not here

How about an Iraq flag?

The Valley Vegan........

Tynnu blew o drwyn rhywun To annoy someone

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

Linda remembers Westworld from the horseshows. It's a huge place where they have the shows during the better weather. There are a lot of nice Scottsdalians, but it seems to be filled with a lot of wanna-be-rich and they think a very snobby attitude is a pre-requisite for that condition.peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

Yep I remember that, Yul Brynner wasnt it?, a far cry from The Prince and I!

Yr oen yn dysgu i'r ddafad bori The lamb teaching the ewe to graze heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

What is Westworld? The only thing I can think of is the film, whereit was a leisure place with robots.Jo , Jonnie Hellenswrote:> I heard on the news this morning that some people in Scottsdale (wecall it Snobsdale) are upset that there is this gigantic American flagflying at Westworld and some people want it taken down because it'snot desert colors. They want them to put up a flag that blends inmore with the area.> > peter hurd wrote:Do these same people who worry aboutwhat colour other peoples property is, and how long their grass isalso spend as much energy on being friendly and positive towards eachother?> > The Valley Vegan............> > Anouk Sickler wrote:> hi pedr> > well,

they don't hafta pay anyone. > actually it is anally retentive> neighbors that call the county and say so and so's grass is too high.> and so and so is not making the neighborhood look good. They complain> about > the weirdo that doens't care about their tall grass. > > I'm not a fan of mowing. > > Not in mine, but in some neighborhoods they tell you what color,> to paint your house ( they get together and have meetings aboutthis)?!?!> > it's about conformisn. > > I can think about lotsa other stupid things that happen, but it would> be a very long email..> > > > , peter hurd wrote:> > I find that truly amazing, that they pay someone to check how long> your grass is! as though it belongs to them! Big Brother is measuring> your grass!> > Any other truly useless by laws?> >

> > The Valley Vegan..............> > > > Mae rhyw chwilen yn ei ben He has a bee in his bonnet > > > > > > Anouk Sickler wrote:> > that is true in my neighborhood, they came around a ticketed an > > abadoned house, because the grass was too high. > > that was funny. > > > > people have to mow their lawns every week in summer and every two> > weeks in winter. It isn't natural, I tells ya.> > > > > > > > > > > > > To send an email to - >

and their pants!

How about an Afgahn one then?

Tynnu blew o drwyn rhywun To annoy someone fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

green white red and black wouldn't blend very well into the desert

and it'd prolly get you lynched in scottsdale

i think their neighborhood association would sadly poo poo the whole idea peter hurd Oct 4, 2005 4:23 PM Re: Re: common sense? Not here

How about an Iraq flag?

The Valley Vegan........

Tynnu blew o drwyn rhywun To annoy someone

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.Peter H

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Why because it has wisdom? or are you trying to be stereotypical, and just a little racist.........................................

Ha , you thought I was being serious there didnt you!]I think I succeded in pulling the wool over your eyes then didnt I?

Want a kitten or three?

The Valley Vegan...............

Cyfaill blaidd, bugail diog A lazy shepherd is the wolf's friend Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Peter

> Yr oen yn dysgu i'r ddafad bori The lamb teaching the ewe to graze

A phrase that could only come from Welsh :-)

BB

PeterPeter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

I once spend some time in Scottsdale, Arizona.

'fore I had kids, sometime in the 90's.

I remember it was a mexican restaurant and we went in Jeans and

Shirts. It

Well we sure felt underdressed, cause everybody else was dressed so nice.

I seemed very Affluent neighborhood. we talked to some people there

and they kept telling us to buy a house there cause it was a hot market.

Then, it was still early about 9'oclok at night and there was no one

on the streets!

We were wondring where was everybody, cause the streets were empty

after nine and everything was closed!

maybe it has changed since then, dont know.

, Jonnie Hellens

<jonnie_hellens> wrote:

> Linda remembers Westworld from the horseshows. It's a huge place

where they have the shows during the better weather. There are a lot

of nice Scottsdalians, but it seems to be filled with a lot of

wanna-be-rich and they think a very snobby attitude is a pre-requisite

for that condition.

>

Hi pedr.

I like the sayings at the end of your mails.

, " Peter " <metalscarab@g...> wrote:

> Hi Peter

>

> > Yr oen yn dysgu i'r ddafad bori The lamb teaching the ewe

to graze

>

> A phrase that could only come from Welsh :-)

>

> BB

> Peter