IndiaDivine.org

Exercise

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We often talk about how much we miss it. We were taking it when we lived in the East Valley. I loved the program, since we got to spar a lot. Also I've checked into other marial arts programs but you can tell they are just about bringing in that money and I was really turned off by their methods. There were people of all ages in the program my son, daughter and I were in and of all different levels. We did learn alot about self disipline, respect and fair play. My son was sparring someone who got hurt one time and we were supposed to turn out backs and drop to one knee, but he was frustrated because he immediately wanted to assist the other person, but he did what he was told and then had a 'conversation' when the sparring resumed to say how sorry he was (not that he did anything wrong, his move just wasn't blocked) and make sure the person was ok. Kinda funny that blocking seems to be somewhat built in now, but one day I walked to the

backdoor to drop in some trash, but when I opened the door, my daughter had opened the garage and was standing at the back door. I screamed and hopped around in a very embarrasing way, while my daughter rolled on the floor on the other side of the closed door. She had never been able to beat me cuz my guard was always up and she took that as a huge win. She still likes to rub that into my sore spot!earthstrm <nikkimack wrote:

Hi JonnieI do too and I miss it as well.I think that the self discipline and respect that is taught will be good for Zak too.Nikki :) , Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens> wrote:> I used to LOVE martial arts! Well I still do, but am not doing it. My daughter was a timid thing against anybody else but me, then she came out like a tiger (and lots of other animals too) at me. There was this cute little thing that drove me nuts when I had to spar him. He was a little bitty thing, but he was a dynamo... he couldn't block for beans, so I didn't want to hurt him, but he moved fast with feet and fists and everything else flying. I sometimes wanted to put my hand on his little head to hold him still for a moment so I could catch my

breath!> Jonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

That's awsum! Makes me giggle to imagine the scene, that and how he explains his hearing loss afterwards!Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Jo / Jonnie

> LOL Jonnie - same here. Reminds me of an episode of Dr Who when the only weapon against one of the enemies was a girl

> 'singing' a note.

There was an incident a couple of years ago where someone tried to mug an opera singer... the opera singer simply let rip with the highest, loudest note they could muster, and the mugger ended up in hospital with burst ear-drums!!!!

BB

PeterJonnie

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.