IndiaDivine.org

Lunch

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nelson as in the twin sons of Ricky Nelson? Or another Nelson?

Lynda

-

Peter

Friday, October 07, 2005 4:47 PM

Re: Re: Lunch

Hi Fraggle

What, not even Nelson? I thought they were well known in America.

BB

Peter

What about songs like Tusk which have a power beat? Or hooking up a CD player (you can even use the little portables) to a bass speaker and head? You get lots of thump from music that you wouldn't know has any.

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

CD's? I don't hear very well, so my DH won't let me listen to music at the store (I'ld sit at my 'puter and do nothing else since I never heard there was an order for me to pull) and my family won't let me at home since then I wouldn't have a clue anything is being said so I should look at their lips. I usually only get to listen when I'm alone, which is rare. I did listen to Sara Smile on the way to pick up lunch and back today, isn't that Oak Ridge Boys? ... I like to listen to rap music, since it has a strong base I can hear the beat and sometimes the words. The stuff I used to listen to in the 70's I can't stand now since it all runs together (with my hearing) and sounds like a band warming up to me. There's a new rap song I really like that's called Hump, I think.pretty funny stuff. I asked my daughter if they really said "lovely lady lumps" and she said yup, that's what they said.

Hi Peter

I used to like Ricky Nelson back in the 60s - and I like Nelson now.

BBJo

-

Peter

Saturday, October 08, 2005 12:47 AM

Hi Fraggle

What, not even Nelson? I thought they were well known in America.

BB

Peter

-

fraggle

Saturday, October 08, 2005 12:30 AM

can't say that i have..... Peter Oct 7, 2005 1:31 PM Re: Re: Lunch

Hi Peter

> Come on then everyone, whats the last 3 cd`s you listened to?

Can't narrow it down to 3, since I have 5 in my CD player and play the tracks randomly! The 5 I have on at the moment are:

Empty Tremor: Apocolokyntosis

Royal Hunt: Paper Blood

Nelson: Because They Can

Gowan: Home Field

Luca Turilli: King of The Nordic Twilight

So, has anyone (apart from Jo) heard of any of those???

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

If there is no distorortion, I have a lot less problems. The thing is I can hear, but I have trouble understanding what I hear. I dunno if the problem is in my brain, or my ears, or both. A long time ago an ear doctor said that I didn't want any of the things that might be so he didn't wanna test me (apparently that makes it go away or something?) I also can't tell where a sound is coming from, I hear the echos of it. It used to drive me nuts when a pager was doing a reminder beep around here cuz I couldn't tell where it was coming from (my DH would stash the darn things all over the place) and I would litteraly go around and around in circles trying to find it.

Sadly, my daughter got the new Black Eye Peas CD and wanted me to hear it, so she tried to load it up in my truck and the CD player is trashed. It's really loose and the player won't recognize it. I dunno if someone else in my family trashed it or maybe someone tried to steal it from behind my store. Oh well, my daughter trashed my speakers years ago and this way we drove her car for errands this weekend, which has a really nice sound system and I could actually tell the words. I really like the CD.

I love just about everything Fleetwood Mac did, including Tusk. If I listen to their stuff on a friends Bose speakers I can hear it like I remember it. Lynda <lurine wrote:

What about songs like Tusk which have a power beat? Or hooking up a CD player (you can even use the little portables) to a bass speaker and head? You get lots of thump from music that you wouldn't know has any.

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

CD's? I don't hear very well, so my DH won't let me listen to music at the store (I'ld sit at my 'puter and do nothing else since I never heard there was an order for me to pull) and my family won't let me at home since then I wouldn't have a clue anything is being said so I should look at their lips. I usually only get to listen when I'm alone, which is rare. I did listen to Sara Smile on the way to pick up lunch and back today, isn't that Oak Ridge Boys? ... I like to listen to rap music, since it has a strong base I can hear the beat and sometimes the words. The stuff I used to listen to in the 70's I can't stand now since it all runs together (with my hearing) and sounds like a band warming up to me. There's a new rap song I really like that's called Hump, I think.pretty funny stuff. I asked my daughter if they really said "lovely lady lumps" and she said yup, that's what they said.To send an email to - Jonnie

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

If its bass you like, you should try some heavy dub music, or any proper reggae - heavy on the bass - as most of it is...... you dont listen to bass you feel it!

The Valley Vegan................

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

If there is no distorortion, I have a lot less problems. The thing is I can hear, but I have trouble understanding what I hear. I dunno if the problem is in my brain, or my ears, or both. A long time ago an ear doctor said that I didn't want any of the things that might be so he didn't wanna test me (apparently that makes it go away or something?) I also can't tell where a sound is coming from, I hear the echos of it. It used to drive me nuts when a pager was doing a reminder beep around here cuz I couldn't tell where it was coming from (my DH would stash the darn things all over the place) and I would litteraly go around and around in circles trying to find it.

Sadly, my daughter got the new Black Eye Peas CD and wanted me to hear it, so she tried to load it up in my truck and the CD player is trashed. It's really loose and the player won't recognize it. I dunno if someone else in my family trashed it or maybe someone tried to steal it from behind my store. Oh well, my daughter trashed my speakers years ago and this way we drove her car for errands this weekend, which has a really nice sound system and I could actually tell the words. I really like the CD.

I love just about everything Fleetwood Mac did, including Tusk. If I listen to their stuff on a friends Bose speakers I can hear it like I remember it. Lynda <lurine wrote:

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

CD's? I don't hear very well, so my DH won't let me listen to music at the store (I'ld sit at my 'puter and do nothing else since I never heard there was an order for me to pull) and my family won't let me at home since then I wouldn't have a clue anything is being said so I should look at their lips. I usually only get to listen when I'm alone, which is rare. I did listen to Sara Smile on the way to pick up lunch and back today, isn't that Oak Ridge Boys? ... I like to listen to rap music, since it has a strong base I can hear the beat and sometimes the words. The stuff I used to listen to in the 70's I can't stand now since it all runs together (with my hearing) and sounds like a band warming up to me. There's a new rap song I really like that's called Hump, I think.pretty funny stuff. I asked my daughter if they really said "lovely lady lumps" and she said yup, that's what they said.To send an email to - Jonnie

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

What's a pugliese? fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

ouch..that suxsorrylunch today(which just finished) consisted of sitting in the sun reading"glimpses, through holocaust and liberation"my $3.50 bought me todayan organic tomato (sadly, one of the last ones at the place down the street from my work)sproutsa loaf of pugliesea nectarinea peachand a granny smith apple(all sadly prolly the last of the organic fruits there..bins were looking mighty empty):)fraggleheartwerk <jo.heartworkOct 5, 2005 1:05 PM Subject: LunchI had my Fire Warden training day on Monday. The email invitationasked if there were any special dietary requirements for lunch. Iemailed back that I would like a vegan lunch, and they replied sayingit was

booked for me.Come lunchtime - no vegan lunch! I suspected that it might happen,and I had bought a sandwich from home - but it does make me cross thatthey can never provide anything vegan.JoTo send an email to -

italian table bread Jonnie Hellens Oct 13, 2005 3:29 PM Re: Lunch

What's a pugliese? fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ouch..that suxsorrylunch today(which just finished) consisted of sitting in the sun reading"glimpses, through holocaust and liberation"my $3.50 bought me todayan organic tomato (sadly, one of the last ones at the place down the street from my work)sproutsa loaf of pugliesea nectarinea peachand a granny smith apple(all sadly prolly the last of the organic fruits there..bins were looking mighty empty):)fraggleheartwerk <jo.heartworkOct 5, 2005 1:05 PM Subject: LunchI had my Fire Warden training day on Monday. The email invitationasked if there were any special dietary requirements for lunch. Iemailed back that I would like a vegan lunch, and they replied sayingit was booked for me.Come lunchtime - no vegan lunch! I suspected that it might happen,and I had bought a sandwich from home - but it does make me cross thatthey can never provide anything vegan.JoTo send an email to -

huh, never heard of it, what's it like?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

What's a pugliese? fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ouch..that suxsorrylunch today(which just finished) consisted of sitting in the sun reading"glimpses, through holocaust and liberation"my $3.50 bought me todayan organic tomato (sadly, one of the last ones at the place down the street from my work)sproutsa loaf of pugliesea nectarinea peachand a granny smith apple(all sadly prolly the last of the organic fruits there..bins were looking mighty empty):)fraggleheartwerk <jo.heartworkOct 5, 2005 1:05 PM Subject: LunchI had my Fire Warden training day on Monday. The email invitationasked if there were any special dietary requirements for lunch. Iemailed back that I would like a vegan lunch, and they replied sayingit was

booked for me.Come lunchtime - no vegan lunch! I suspected that it might happen,and I had bought a sandwich from home - but it does make me cross thatthey can never provide anything vegan.JoTo send an email to -

OK, strong and plain flour?

BREAD - Pugliese RecipeI like making bread!!this recipe gives absolutely fantastic results.Ingredients.500gms Strong Bread Flour500gms Plain flour10gms Dry yeast2 tsps Salt600ml Tepid water8 tbls Olive OilMethod.Mix flours together with salt and dry yeast.Add water and mix- this is now quite a sticky mess. I find that a spoon and a big bowl helps to control things.Add the oil last - oil will make the whole mixture more easy to handle.Turn out and nead for a full 10 minutes on a floured surface.Cut and shape dough into two pieces and place on oiled oven trays cover with a damp tea towel and allow to rise for two hours - not in a hot place as this is a slow rise.This dough is not knocked back!!After two hours it will have risen hugely. Gently pick up the dough and fold/tuck under itself a few times- and pinch closed underneath.Allow to rise for

another 30mins.Bake at 200C for 30 mins (two smaller loaves) or 45mins one big loaf.I have tried this with Parmassan and chopped garlic added at the 'dry' stageIf you follow these directions the results will be truly remarkable - believe me.Good Luckfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

What's a pugliese? fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ouch..that suxsorrylunch today(which just finished) consisted of sitting in the sun reading"glimpses, through holocaust and liberation"my $3.50 bought me todayan organic tomato (sadly, one of the last ones at the place down the street from my work)sproutsa loaf of pugliesea nectarinea peachand a granny smith apple(all sadly prolly the last of the organic fruits there..bins were looking mighty empty):)fraggleheartwerk <jo.heartworkOct 5, 2005 1:05 PM Subject: LunchI had my Fire Warden training day on Monday. The email invitationasked if there were any special dietary requirements for lunch. Iemailed back that I would like a vegan lunch, and they replied sayingit was

strong flour is flour that has a high protein/gluten content Jonnie Hellens Oct 14, 2005 3:51 PM Re: Lunch

BREAD - Pugliese RecipeI like making bread!!this recipe gives absolutely fantastic results.Ingredients.500gms Strong Bread Flour500gms Plain flour10gms Dry yeast2 tsps Salt600ml Tepid water8 tbls Olive OilMethod.Mix flours together with salt and dry yeast.Add water and mix- this is now quite a sticky mess. I find that a spoon and a big bowl helps to control things.Add the oil last - oil will make the whole mixture more easy to handle.Turn out and nead for a full 10 minutes on a floured surface.Cut and shape dough into two pieces and place on oiled oven trays cover with a damp tea towel and allow to rise for two hours - not in a hot place as this is a slow rise.This dough is not knocked back!!After two hours it will have risen hugely. Gently pick up the dough and fold/tuck under itself a few times- and pinch closed underneath.Allow to rise for another 30mins.Bake at 200C for 30 mins (two smaller loaves) or 45mins one big loaf.I have tried this with Parmassan and chopped garlic added at the 'dry' stageIf you follow these directions the results will be truly remarkable - believe me.Good Luckfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

What's a pugliese? fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: ouch..that suxsorrylunch today(which just finished) consisted of sitting in the sun reading"glimpses, through holocaust and liberation"my $3.50 bought me todayan organic tomato (sadly, one of the last ones at the place down the street from my work)sproutsa loaf of pugliesea nectarinea peachand a granny smith apple(all sadly prolly the last of the organic fruits there..bins were looking mighty empty):)fraggleheartwerk <jo.heartworkOct 5, 2005 1:05 PM Subject: LunchI had my Fire Warden training day on Monday. The email invitationasked if there were any special dietary requirements for lunch. Iemailed back that I would like a vegan lunch, and they replied sayingit was booked for me.Come lunchtime - no vegan lunch! I suspected that it might happen,and I had bought a sandwich from home - but it does make me cross thatthey can never provide anything vegan.JoTo send an email to -

the italians have a rosemary and olive oil sauce that they dip their

bread in. It is real good.

, Jonnie Hellens

<jonnie_hellens> wrote:

>

> What's a pugliese?

>

They toast their bread and rub a raw garlic clove in it and dip it in good quality olive oil.

The Valley Vegan...........Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

the italians have a rosemary and olive oil sauce that they dip theirbread in. It is real good. , Jonnie Hellenswrote:>> What's a pugliese? >

Folks who think English is hard have never tried Italian <g> G is Y in lots

of words. I know cause first hubby was a Bassignani (boss in yaw nee, not

bass ig nan ee). First thing Noni insisted that I learn. Second thing was

how to make a good sauce!

Lynda

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Monday, October 17, 2005 10:20 AM

> yeah...but its pronounced

> pool-yee-AY-zee

> :)

Ah thank you.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

strong flour is flour that has a high protein/gluten content Jonnie Hellens Oct 14, 2005 3:51 PM Re: Lunch

BREAD - Pugliese RecipeI like making bread!!this recipe gives absolutely fantastic results.Ingredients.500gms Strong Bread Flour500gms Plain flour10gms Dry yeast2 tsps Salt600ml Tepid water8 tbls Olive OilMethod.Mix flours together with salt and dry yeast.Add water and mix- this is now quite a sticky mess. I find that a spoon and a big bowl helps to control things.Add the oil last - oil will make the whole mixture more easy to handle.Turn out and nead for a full 10 minutes on a floured surface.Cut and shape dough into two pieces and place on oiled oven trays cover with a damp tea towel and allow to rise for two hours - not in a hot place as this is a slow rise.This dough is not knocked back!!After two hours it will have risen hugely. Gently pick up the dough and fold/tuck under itself a few times- and pinch closed underneath.Allow to rise for

another 30mins.Bake at 200C for 30 mins (two smaller loaves) or 45mins one big loaf.I have tried this with Parmassan and chopped garlic added at the 'dry' stageIf you follow these directions the results will be truly remarkable - believe me.Good Luckfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: