IndiaDivine.org

Make Florida safe again

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Maybe you are right that the first shoot law will prove to be harmful overall BUT, as a meditator, as a peace loving vegan, and as a single woman, I think if more women had guns, intruders would definitely think twice before accosting a woman in her home. In fact, I think it would prevent a lot of crimes/rapes/robberies simple because it wouldn't be only criminals that had guns.

Kristina

In a message dated 10/6/05 2:48:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

- StopTheNRA zurumatoSent: 10/6/2005 4:41:35 PM Call Gov. Bush: Make Florida Safe Againbody { font-family:arial, helvetica, verdana; font-size:10pt; color: #000;}a:link, a:visited { font-family:arial, helvetica, verdana; font-size:10pt; color: #039; text-decoration: none;}a:hover, a:active { font-family:arial, helvetica, verdana; font-size:10pt; color: #f00; text-decoration:underline;}p,td { font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana; font-size:10pt; color: #000;}blockquote { font-family:arial, helvetica, verdana; font-size:10pt; color: #000;}big { font-size:12pt;}li { font-family:arial, helvetica, verdana; font-size:10pt; color: #000;}FLORIDA: THE LAND OF SUNSHINE, ORANGES, AND DEADLY FORCE ContributeHelp us distribute educational materials to Florida travelersDear Florida StoptheNRA Member,October is here and the scariest thing is not Halloween, but the Shoot First law that has taken effect here in Florida.The law, which is another example of the craziness of the NRA, allows citizens to use deadly force in public places as a first resort to counter perceived threats. The law, which is being marketed by the NRA as allowing people to protect themselves, is so overly broad and expansive that everyday occurrences such as road rage incidents or a fistfight in a bar during spring break could have deadly consequences for the people involved and innocent bystanders.By allowing the use of deadly force as a first resort, the law has removed the time-honored duty of citizens to walk away, call the police, or find a safe refuge. Finally innocent bystanders and their families have no civil recourse against the shooter if they are injured or killed in the crossfire even if the shooter initiated the confrontation and fired recklessly on a crowded street. To learn more about this law, go to www.ShootFirstLaw.org.The NRA, with its usual arrogance, has annnounced plans to bring this law to all 50 states.We have launched an aggressive campaign to educate tourists and others who may be considering traveling to Florida, about this law. We have placed ads, created billboards and are leafleting tourists arriving in Florida with flyers urging them to be careful.Governor Jeb Bush has called our campaign "ridiculous" and a "gimmick." But the largest newspaper in Florida, the Miami Herald, has said this about our campaign and the law:"Florida's new shoot-first law was a bad idea from the start — and state lawmakers should revoke the law at their first opportunity. So don't blame the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence for warning visitors to stay calm if they become involved in a public confrontation after the law takes effect on Saturday."They went on to say that our campaign "is a timely reminder to change this dangerous and unnecessary law."That is what we intend to do. For the safety of all Floridians and unsuspecting tourists, this law must be changed. This is where you come in. We need you to:1. Contribute to our campaign to repeal this dangerous law and stop the NRA from exporting it across the country.2. Call Governor Bush at (850) 488-4441 and demand that he "make Florida safe again and repeal the shoot first law." 3. Send this email to family and friends who live in Florida or are thinking about visiting Florida.4. Go to www.ShootFirstLaw.org and sign our petition to help keep this law out of your state.We must work together to get this law repealed in Florida, and make our state safe again.Sincerely,Your Friends at StoptheNRA.com

hi kristina,

I see your point, but is being more armed the solution?

we have to wonder why countries like norway, sweden, great britain,

canada, etc have less guns, and also have less crime(gun related

incidents).

I do believe thatguns don't shoot people, people shoot people. after

seeing

the movie, bowling for columbine, i became aware of the abundance of

guns in the us. but why?

you say you are peace loving, but with a gun? it is probably

idealistic/unreasonable of me but I would

hope to live in community where I can leave my door open.

do such places exists?

-anouk

, lv2breathe@a... wrote:

>

>

> Maybe you are right that the first shoot law will prove to be harmful

> overall BUT, as a meditator, as a peace loving vegan, and as a

single woman, I

> think if more women had guns, intruders would definitely think twice

before

> accosting a woman in her home. In fact, I think it would prevent a

lot of

> crimes/rapes/robberies simple because it wouldn't be only criminals

that had guns.

>

> Kristina

>

> In a message dated 10/6/05 2:48:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

> writes:

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> StopTheNRA

> zurumato@e...

> 10/6/2005 4:41:35 PM

> Call Gov. Bush: Make Florida Safe Again

>

>

>

I think that its a catch 22 situation. Its too late for you yanks, but in this country, some people are buying guns for just that reason, so criminals start carrying them, then more cops start carrying them......vicious circle. Probabaly the same thing happened all over the place.

The Valley Vegan........

Mynd i'r cwn Going to the dogs lv2breathe wrote:

Maybe you are right that the first shoot law will prove to be harmful overall BUT, as a meditator, as a peace loving vegan, and as a single woman, I think if more women had guns, intruders would definitely think twice before accosting a woman in her home. In fact, I think it would prevent a lot of crimes/rapes/robberies simple because it wouldn't be only criminals that had guns.

Kristina

In a message dated 10/6/05 2:48:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

- StopTheNRA zurumatoSent: 10/6/2005 4:41:35 PM Call Gov. Bush: Make Florida Safe Againbody { font-family:arial, helvetica, verdana; font-size:10pt; color: #000;}a:link, a:visited { font-family:arial, helvetica, verdana; font-size:10pt; color: #039; text-decoration: none;}a:hover, a:active { font-family:arial, helvetica, verdana; font-size:10pt; color: #f00; text-decoration:underline;}p,td { font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana; font-size:10pt; color: #000;}blockquote { font-family:arial, helvetica, verdana; font-size:10pt;

color: #000;}big { font-size:12pt;}li { font-family:arial, helvetica, verdana; font-size:10pt; color: #000;}FLORIDA: THE LAND OF SUNSHINE, ORANGES, AND DEADLY FORCE ContributeHelp us distribute educational materials to Florida travelersDear Florida StoptheNRA Member,October is here and the scariest thing is not Halloween, but the Shoot First law that has taken effect here in Florida.The law, which is another example of the craziness of the NRA, allows citizens to use deadly force in public places as a first resort to counter perceived threats. The law, which is being marketed by the NRA as allowing people to protect themselves, is so overly broad and expansive that everyday occurrences such as road rage incidents or a fistfight in a bar during spring break could have deadly consequences for the people involved and innocent bystanders.By allowing the use of

deadly force as a first resort, the law has removed the time-honored duty of citizens to walk away, call the police, or find a safe refuge. Finally innocent bystanders and their families have no civil recourse against the shooter if they are injured or killed in the crossfire even if the shooter initiated the confrontation and fired recklessly on a crowded street. To learn more about this law, go to www.ShootFirstLaw.org.The NRA, with its usual arrogance, has annnounced plans to bring this law to all 50 states.We have launched an aggressive campaign to educate tourists and others who may be considering traveling to Florida, about this law. We have placed ads, created billboards and are leafleting tourists arriving in Florida with flyers urging them to be careful.Governor Jeb Bush has called our campaign "ridiculous" and a "gimmick." But the largest newspaper in Florida, the Miami Herald, has said this about our campaign and the law:"Florida's new

shoot-first law was a bad idea from the start — and state lawmakers should revoke the law at their first opportunity. So don't blame the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence for warning visitors to stay calm if they become involved in a public confrontation after the law takes effect on Saturday."They went on to say that our campaign "is a timely reminder to change this dangerous and unnecessary law."That is what we intend to do. For the safety of all Floridians and unsuspecting tourists, this law must be changed. This is where you come in. We need you to:1. Contribute to our campaign to repeal this dangerous law and stop the NRA from exporting it across the country.2. Call Governor Bush at (850) 488-4441 and demand that he "make Florida safe again and repeal the shoot first law." 3. Send this email to family and friends who live in Florida or are thinking about visiting Florida.4. Go to www.ShootFirstLaw.org and sign our petition to

help keep this law out of your state.We must work together to get this law repealed in Florida, and make our state safe again.Sincerely,Your Friends at StoptheNRA.com

Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

when i was trapped in north san diego county in 1998, no one locked there doors

ppl would go in their haus to get something, and leave the car running...

in upstate maine, they use to have potatoes on the side of the road...and a

bucket..leave money in bucket, take potatoes...

Anouk Sickler <zurumato

Oct 7, 2005 8:31 AM

Re: Make Florida safe again

hi kristina,

I see your point, but is being more armed the solution?

we have to wonder why countries like norway, sweden, great britain,

canada, etc have less guns, and also have less crime(gun related

incidents).

I do believe thatguns don't shoot people, people shoot people. after

seeing

the movie, bowling for columbine, i became aware of the abundance of

guns in the us. but why?

you say you are peace loving, but with a gun? it is probably

idealistic/unreasonable of me but I would

hope to live in community where I can leave my door open.

do such places exists?

-anouk

, lv2breathe@a... wrote:

>

>

> Maybe you are right that the first shoot law will prove to be harmful

> overall BUT, as a meditator, as a peace loving vegan, and as a

single woman, I

> think if more women had guns, intruders would definitely think twice

before

> accosting a woman in her home. In fact, I think it would prevent a

lot of

> crimes/rapes/robberies simple because it wouldn't be only criminals

that had guns.

>

> Kristina

>

> In a message dated 10/6/05 2:48:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

> writes:

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> StopTheNRA

> zurumato@e...

> 10/6/2005 4:41:35 PM

> Call Gov. Bush: Make Florida Safe Again

>

>

>

To send an email to -

We do lock our doors here - have done for a long time, but there is a house

nearby that decorates his house and entire garden in Christmas lights. He

leaves a bucket outside at the end of his front path, and people put money

in for a children's charity. I've never heard that any is stolen.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Saturday, October 08, 2005 12:00 AM

Re: Re: Make Florida safe again

> when i was trapped in north san diego county in 1998, no one locked there

doors

> ppl would go in their haus to get something, and leave the car running...

>

> in upstate maine, they use to have potatoes on the side of the road...and

a bucket..leave money in bucket, take potatoes...

>

>

>

> Anouk Sickler <zurumato

> Oct 7, 2005 8:31 AM

>

> Re: Make Florida safe again

>

> hi kristina,

>

> I see your point, but is being more armed the solution?

> we have to wonder why countries like norway, sweden, great britain,

> canada, etc have less guns, and also have less crime(gun related

> incidents).

>

> I do believe thatguns don't shoot people, people shoot people. after

> seeing

> the movie, bowling for columbine, i became aware of the abundance of

> guns in the us. but why?

> you say you are peace loving, but with a gun? it is probably

> idealistic/unreasonable of me but I would

> hope to live in community where I can leave my door open.

> do such places exists?

>

> -anouk

>

>

> , lv2breathe@a... wrote:

> >

> >

> > Maybe you are right that the first shoot law will prove to be harmful

> > overall BUT, as a meditator, as a peace loving vegan, and as a

> single woman, I

> > think if more women had guns, intruders would definitely think twice

> before

> > accosting a woman in her home. In fact, I think it would prevent a

> lot of

> > crimes/rapes/robberies simple because it wouldn't be only criminals

> that had guns.

> >

> > Kristina

> >

> > In a message dated 10/6/05 2:48:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

> > writes:

> >

> > ----- Original Message -----

> > StopTheNRA

> > zurumato@e...

> > 10/6/2005 4:41:35 PM

> > Call Gov. Bush: Make Florida Safe Again

> >

> >

> >

To send an email to -

>

Yeah, know what you mean, we have one also who does the same.Dont think he`s had anything nicked either.

The Valley Vegan............

Nid aur, popeth melyn All that is yellow is not gold (..glitters..) jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

We do lock our doors here - have done for a long time, but there is a housenearby that decorates his house and entire garden in Christmas lights. Heleaves a bucket outside at the end of his front path, and people put moneyin for a children's charity. I've never heard that any is stolen.Jo-"fraggle" Saturday, October 08, 2005 12:00 AMRe: Re: Make Florida safe again> when i was trapped in north san diego county in 1998, no one locked theredoors> ppl would go in their haus to get something, and leave the car running...>> in upstate maine, they use to have potatoes on the side of the road...anda bucket..leave money in bucket, take potatoes...>>> -----Original

Message-----> Anouk Sickler > Oct 7, 2005 8:31 AM> > Re: Make Florida safe again>> hi kristina,>> I see your point, but is being more armed the solution?> we have to wonder why countries like norway, sweden, great britain,> canada, etc have less guns, and also have less crime(gun related> incidents).>> I do believe thatguns don't shoot people, people shoot people. after> seeing> the movie, bowling for columbine, i became aware of the abundance of> guns in the us. but why?> you say you are peace loving, but with a gun? it is probably> idealistic/unreasonable of me but I would> hope to live in community where I can leave my door open.> do such places exists?>> -anouk>>> , lv2breathe@a...

wrote:> >> >> > Maybe you are right that the first shoot law will prove to be harmful> > overall BUT, as a meditator, as a peace loving vegan, and as a> single woman, I> > think if more women had guns, intruders would definitely think twice> before> > accosting a woman in her home. In fact, I think it would prevent a> lot of> > crimes/rapes/robberies simple because it wouldn't be only criminals> that had guns.> >> > Kristina> >> > In a message dated 10/6/05 2:48:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,> > writes:> >> > -> > StopTheNRA> > zurumato@e...> > 10/6/2005 4:41:35 PM> > Call Gov. Bush: Make Florida Safe Again> >> >> >>>>>>>> To

send an email to - >