IndiaDivine.org

NEED CHOCOLATE!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OK, we are back to this... I would like to know the best place to get 70% fair-trade chocolate. I took a look at Whole Foods and their vast array of chocolate and ended up leaving. (I talked to them before about the way they place stuff all over the store drives me nuts - I wanna go to a section and look at all the options, not go to 5 dif isles to find the best price/one I want!) Does anyone in the states order it on the net for a reasonable price? I know we talked about it earlier in the summer, but there was no way I was gonna order chocolate to be delivered during the summer here and now I can't find the place on the net. Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

thank you for the health info on chocolate.I will eat even more now. , ank_art <ank_art> wrote:>> > here's a healthy reason to eat more chocolate --- Lindt has afantastic 80% cocoa bar if you like semi-sweet...mmm-mmm ;)> > Eating 2 ounces (50 grams) a day of plain chocolate with a minimumcontent of 70% chocolate solids can be beneficial to health, providingprotection against heart disease, high blood pressure, and many otherhealth hazards as well as essential trace elements and nutrients suchas iron, calcium and potassium, and vitamins A. B1, C, D, and E andit's a lot tastier than boring old vitamin pills too. A 1 1/2-ouncesquare of chocolate may have as many cancer-fighting antioxidants as afive-ounce glass of red wine.> >

andrea> > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:Hi JOnnie> > Actually ...... it is said that dark chocolate (vegan variety) with > 70% cocoa in it is good for the heart and arteries. In the milk > variety, the milk is bad for them. Coffee is not good for arteries >Jonnie

for Good Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Try a google for fair trade organic chocolate, should get something surely...........................................sorry I called you shirley.

The Valley Vegan..............

Cura'r haearn tra fo'n boeth Strike the iron whilst its hot Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens wrote:

OK, we are back to this... I would like to know the best place to get 70% fair-trade chocolate. I took a look at Whole Foods and their vast array of chocolate and ended up leaving. (I talked to them before about the way they place stuff all over the store drives me nuts - I wanna go to a section and look at all the options, not go to 5 dif isles to find the best price/one I want!) Does anyone in the states order it on the net for a reasonable price? I know we talked about it earlier in the summer, but there was no way I was gonna order chocolate to be delivered during the summer here and now I can't find the place on the net. Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: thank you for the health info on chocolate.I will eat even more now. , ank_art <ank_art> wrote:>> > here's a healthy reason to eat more chocolate --- Lindt has afantastic 80% cocoa bar if you like semi-sweet...mmm-mmm ;)> > Eating 2 ounces (50 grams) a day of plain chocolate with a minimumcontent of 70% chocolate solids can be beneficial to health, providingprotection against heart disease, high blood pressure, and many otherhealth hazards as well as essential trace elements and nutrients suchas iron, calcium and potassium, and vitamins A. B1, C, D, and E andit's a lot tastier than boring old vitamin pills too. A 1 1/2-ouncesquare of chocolate may have as many cancer-fighting antioxidants as afive-ounce glass of red wine.> >

andrea> > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:Hi JOnnie> > Actually ...... it is said that dark chocolate (vegan variety) with > 70% cocoa in it is good for the heart and arteries. In the milk > variety, the milk is bad for them. Coffee is not good for arteries >Jonnie

for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort. Peter H

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

As usual, you are a wealth of information, Thanks! I'm hoping that someone can recommend a particular brand that they've tried and is really good. I was looking at Wild Oats over the weekend and the only chocolate I found that was 70% cocoa, was an 11 lb bar. Sounds good to me, but it was $90! I wonder if I would get sick of chocolate?... Nah!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

http://store.gxonlinestore.org/chocolate.html

have to ask which ones are vegan tho...

RIGHT NOW in this new world order, RIGHT NOW no one is free

RIGHT NOW Corporations own this world

RIGHT NOW we are victems of thier greedJonnie

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

all over the place...

tho only like one is vegan regularly that i can find here

heartwerk <jo.heartwork

Oct 10, 2005 11:42 PM

Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!

Are Lindt chocolate bars available in America?

Jo

, Jonnie Hellens

<jonnie_hellens> wrote:

>

> As usual, you are a wealth of information, Thanks! I'm hoping that

someone can recommend a particular brand that they've tried and is

really good. I was looking at Wild Oats over the weekend and the

only chocolate I found that was 70% cocoa, was an 11 lb bar. Sounds

good to me, but it was $90! I wonder if I would get sick of

chocolate?... Nah!

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...>

wrote:http://store.gxonlinestore.org/chocolate.html

> have to ask which ones are vegan tho...

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Visit your group " " on the web.

>

>

ut oh, there's only 1 vegan one u can find? Which one is it fraggle?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

all over the place...tho only like one is vegan regularly that i can find hereheartwerk <jo.heartworkOct 10, 2005 11:42 PM Subject: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!Are Lindt chocolate bars available in America?Jo , Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens> wrote:>> As usual, you are a wealth of information, Thanks! I'm hoping that someone can recommend a particular brand that they've tried and is really good. I was looking at Wild Oats over the weekend and the only chocolate I found that was 70% cocoa, was an 11 lb bar. Sounds good to me, but it was $90! I wonder if I would get sick of chocolate?... Nah!> > fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...>

wrote:http://store.gxonlinestore.org/chocolate.html> have to ask which ones are vegan tho...> > > To send an email to - > > > > > > > > Visit your group "" on the web.> >

Yep - the Excellence bar - but it is nice.

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:11 PM

Re: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!

> all over the place...

> tho only like one is vegan regularly that i can find here

i said regularly

they make more then one vegan...but only one i see on a regular basis

i always see the ones with milk

then again, i don't look that often as i really couldn't care less about chocolate

*listens for nikki's scream echoing all the way from chi-town* Jonnie Hellens Oct 11, 2005 3:58 PM Re: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!

ut oh, there's only 1 vegan one u can find? Which one is it fraggle?fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: all over the place...tho only like one is vegan regularly that i can find hereheartwerk <jo.heartworkOct 10, 2005 11:42 PM Subject: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!Are Lindt chocolate bars available in America?Jo , Jonnie Hellens <jonnie_hellens> wrote:>> As usual, you are a wealth of information, Thanks! I'm hoping that someone can recommend a particular brand that they've tried and is really good. I was looking at Wild Oats over the weekend and the only chocolate I found that was 70% cocoa, was an 11 lb bar. Sounds good to me, but it was $90! I wonder if I would get sick of chocolate?... Nah!> > fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:http://store.gxonlinestore.org/chocolate.html> have to ask which ones are vegan tho...> > > To send an email to - > > > > > > > > Visit your group "" on the web.> >

I heard that they were no longer considered vegan, and have a message on the back advising that they are produced in a factory that produces dairy chocolate? Anyone know of this?

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

all over the place...tho only like one is vegan regularly that i can find hereheartwerk Oct 10, 2005 11:42 PM Subject: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!Are Lindt chocolate bars available in America?Jo , Jonnie Hellens wrote:>> As usual, you are a wealth of information, Thanks! I'm hoping that someone can recommend a particular brand that they've tried and is really good. I was looking at Wild Oats over the weekend and the only chocolate I found that was 70% cocoa, was an 11 lb bar. Sounds good to me, but it was $90! I wonder if I would get sick of chocolate?... Nah!> > fraggle

wrote:http://store.gxonlinestore.org/chocolate.html> have to ask which ones are vegan tho...> > > To send an email to - > > > > > > > > Visit your group "" on the web.> >

almost all chocolates are produced in a factory that uses the same equipment on milk based chocolates.

i doubt if any chocolateer could afford to have two different machines for their product.... peter hurd Oct 11, 2005 5:10 PM Re: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!

I heard that they were no longer considered vegan, and have a message on the back advising that they are produced in a factory that produces dairy chocolate? Anyone know of this?

all over the place...tho only like one is vegan regularly that i can find hereheartwerk Oct 10, 2005 11:42 PM Subject: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!Are Lindt chocolate bars available in America?Jo , Jonnie Hellens wrote:>> As usual, you are a wealth of information, Thanks! I'm hoping that someone can recommend a particular brand that they've tried and is really good. I was looking at Wild Oats over the weekend and the only chocolate I found that was 70% cocoa, was an 11 lb bar. Sounds good to me, but it was $90! I wonder if I would get sick of chocolate?... Nah!> > fraggle wrote:http://store.gxonlinestore.org/chocolate.html> have to ask which ones are vegan tho...> > > To send an email to - > > > > > > > > Visit your group "" on the web.> >

As far as I know they are in Vegan Shopper. I thought it was Green and Blacks that was bought out. Incidentally, the G & B factory is being kept going and the chocolate will be produced as before.

JO

-

peter hurd

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:10 PM

Re: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!

all over the place...tho only like one is vegan regularly that i can find hereheartwerk Oct 10, 2005 11:42 PM Subject: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!Are Lindt chocolate bars available in America?Jo , Jonnie Hellens wrote:>> As usual, you are a wealth of information, Thanks! I'm hoping that someone can recommend a particular brand that they've tried and is really good. I was looking at Wild Oats over the weekend and the only chocolate I found that was 70% cocoa, was an 11 lb bar. Sounds good to me, but it was $90! I wonder if I would get sick of chocolate?... Nah!> > fraggle wrote:http://store.gxonlinestore.org/chocolate.html> have to ask which ones are vegan tho...> > > To send an email to - > > > > > > > > Visit your group "" on the web.> >

Some do in this country, but agreednot many. So how can you guarantee no cross contamination, how can they be vegan.....................................if I cant upset anyone I`m going to start splitting hairs!

The Valley Vegan.....................just eaten a green & blacks hazelnut and currants and feels stuffed!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

almost all chocolates are produced in a factory that uses the same equipment on milk based chocolates.

i doubt if any chocolateer could afford to have two different machines for their product.... peter hurd Oct 11, 2005 5:10 PM Re: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!

all over the place...tho only like one is vegan regularly that i can find hereheartwerk Oct 10, 2005 11:42 PM Subject: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!Are Lindt chocolate bars available in America?Jo , Jonnie Hellens wrote:>> As usual, you are a wealth of information, Thanks! I'm hoping that someone can recommend a particular brand that they've tried and is really good. I was looking at Wild Oats over the weekend and the only chocolate I found that was 70% cocoa, was an 11 lb bar. Sounds good to me, but it was $90! I wonder if I would get sick of chocolate?... Nah!> > fraggle

any processed food yer going to risk some sort of cross contamination

depends on where you want to take it...

nuthin we do is 100% vegan.....

its all in where you draw the line

unless a company is totally vegan, and makes no other products wotsover, guess wot, ithere product at one time held something that wasn't vegan

generally fer things like processed food, they last run is made and is used to help remove some of the *remnants*..and then they clean the stuff.... peter hurd Oct 11, 2005 5:30 PM Re: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!

Some do in this country, but agreednot many. So how can you guarantee no cross contamination, how can they be vegan.....................................if I cant upset anyone I`m going to start splitting hairs!

The Valley Vegan.....................just eaten a green & blacks hazelnut and currants and feels stuffed!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

green and blacks makes milk chocolate....so..at one point, yer vegan bar was made on the same machine as a milk bar was....

peter hurd Oct 11, 2005 5:30 PM Re: Re: NEED CHOCOLATE!

*GASP*

Not another one!!

Tis ok, I'll take any excess chocolate you have off your hands. Hey,

what are friends for?

Nikki :)

*shakes head in disbelief that anyone cannot love chocolate*

i said regularly

then again, i don't look that often as i really couldn't care less

about chocolate

*listens for nikki's scream echoing all the way from chi-town*

earthstrm wrote:

> Nikki :) *shakes head in disbelief that anyone cannot love chocolate*

Heh. You can have my share, too. I can't be bothered with the stuff.

serene

YEAH!

Thank you!

Nikki :) - on stand-by at the mailbox

, serene <serene@s...> wrote:

>

> earthstrm wrote:

>

> > Nikki :) *shakes head in disbelief that anyone cannot love

chocolate*

>

> Heh. You can have my share, too. I can't be bothered with the stuff.

>

> serene

>

how about a trade...beer for chocolate....

earthstrm <nikkimack

Oct 12, 2005 7:00 AM

*GASP*

Not another one!!

Tis ok, I'll take any excess chocolate you have off your hands. Hey,

what are friends for?

*shakes head in disbelief that anyone cannot love chocolate*

i said regularly

then again, i don't look that often as i really couldn't care less

about chocolate

*listens for nikki's scream echoing all the way from chi-town*

To send an email to -

Sounds good! But we must make it fair, your beer is expensive. Us

domestic drinkers cannot afford your lifestyle. LOL

How shall we set it up?

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

>

> how about a trade...beer for chocolate....

>

can i help it if i had good taste

why drink something if it tastes like watered down dishwater?

and wot do you mean by domestic....

there are thousands of great beers made here in the colonies....

earthstrm <nikkimack

Oct 12, 2005 12:44 PM

Sounds good! But we must make it fair, your beer is expensive. Us

domestic drinkers cannot afford your lifestyle. LOL

How shall we set it up?

>

> how about a trade...beer for chocolate....

>

To send an email to -

I only remember the lovely imported names you had said before.

What else ya got?

>

> can i help it if i had good taste

> why drink something if it tastes like watered down dishwater?

> and wot do you mean by domestic....

> there are thousands of great beers made here in the colonies....

>

oh sheesh nikki

where would i start...

fine

here in the bay

achor steam, anchor porter, liberty ale, anchor x-mas, sierra pale bock, sierra

brown, lagunitas pale, lagunitas gnarly wine, bigfoot barley wine

old foghorn

moyland kilt lifter

i could go on fer hours

earthstrm <nikkimack

Oct 12, 2005 2:48 PM

I only remember the lovely imported names you had said before.

What else ya got?

>

> can i help it if i had good taste

> why drink something if it tastes like watered down dishwater?

> and wot do you mean by domestic....

> there are thousands of great beers made here in the colonies....

>

To send an email to -

Thank you so much Anouk! I'll check them out. Which is your fav?Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

hi jonnie,if you feel like treating yourself,the vegan store has yummy fair trade chocolate.http://www.veganstore.com/index-store.html?parentid=37 & deptid=17115aslo, http://www.veganessentials.com/click on sweets. Jonnie

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Which are your favs and why?

And what kinda taste do they have?

>

> oh sheesh nikki

> where would i start...

> fine

> here in the bay

> achor steam, anchor porter, liberty ale, anchor x-mas, sierra pale

bock, sierra brown, lagunitas pale, lagunitas gnarly wine, bigfoot

barley wine