IndiaDivine.org

walmart expose

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There's a book about Walmart that tells the whole story. Can't find anything since we moved %-{

My sister used to work for the home office and she quit because of what they were all about.

Before moving into a town they send a crew in to "shop" the stores to see what prices they charge. then they pick an area that is considered to be "poor." They make a deal with the town to get an interest free loan and special tax breaks. the towns pay for the clean up. They only hire folks that the state pays half the wages on for the first six months (welfare, displaced workers, etc.). They set prices at less than the competition to run the competition out of business.

They promise benefits and full-time employment. When folks leave their current employment and the other businesses go out of business, all the jobs are reduced to part-time and no benefits and they raise their prices.

They tried to bring one into the town I was living in. We put it on the ballot and voted them out of town!

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:32 PM

Re: walmart expose

I heard on the news that the union hired people to picket for them and paid them a scandelous $6 an hour. Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: I have not seen this movie, but it is about the truth behind their low prices.http://www.walmartmovie.com/?track=walmartwatch

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

I have been guilty of shopping there,

I could not resist once,

when they had roses for 3 dollars.

I try not to shop there because, I am concerned about how they

treat people in China.

The dilema for me is that my job(i work for the government) gives out

100 dollar cards to walmart, when someone completes certain number of

shifts in a row.

I know that my turn is coming up soon and don't know what to do

with this card when they give it to me.

I have come to the stage in my life, where I don't really need

anything but the air that I breath. (isn't that a song too?)

, Jonnie Hellens

<jonnie_hellens> wrote:

>

> I heard on the news that the union hired people to picket for them

and paid them a scandelous $6 an hour.

>

How Walmart Is Destroying America And The World: And What You Can Do About It Lynda Oct 18, 2005 5:37 PM Re: walmart expose

There's a book about Walmart that tells the whole story. Can't find anything since we moved %-{

My sister used to work for the home office and she quit because of what they were all about.

Before moving into a town they send a crew in to "shop" the stores to see what prices they charge. then they pick an area that is considered to be "poor." They make a deal with the town to get an interest free loan and special tax breaks. the towns pay for the clean up. They only hire folks that the state pays half the wages on for the first six months (welfare, displaced workers, etc.). They set prices at less than the competition to run the competition out of business.

They promise benefits and full-time employment. When folks leave their current employment and the other businesses go out of business, all the jobs are reduced to part-time and no benefits and they raise their prices.

They tried to bring one into the town I was living in. We put it on the ballot and voted them out of town!

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

I heard on the news that the union hired people to picket for them and paid them a scandelous $6 an hour. Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: I have not seen this movie, but it is about the truth behind their low prices.http://www.walmartmovie.com/?track=walmartwatch

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. To send an email to -

Oh No, dont start Fraggle off about Walmart! its all personal with him.

The Valley Vegan..........fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

How Walmart Is Destroying America And The World: And What You Can Do About It Lynda Oct 18, 2005 5:37 PM Re: walmart expose

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. To send an email to -

thanx peter..yer all heart.....

maybe i should just reference all the old discusions...

"please see veganchat e-mail message 1209 for..." peter hurd Oct 19, 2005 12:56 PM Re: walmart expose

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Justa big old pussy cat me.

Only joking big guy, tell it like it is..............................I always have the delete button........................he,he,he......................

The Valley Vegan...............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

thanx peter..yer all heart.....

maybe i should just reference all the old discusions...

"please see veganchat e-mail message 1209 for..." peter hurd Oct 19, 2005 12:56 PM Re: walmart expose

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

I HATE WALLY WORLD!!!! RANT ON FRAGGLE!!!!!!

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:56 PM

The Valley Vegan..........

i think i scared some folks off last time i did that Lynda Oct 19, 2005 2:20 PM Re: walmart expose

I HATE WALLY WORLD!!!! RANT ON FRAGGLE!!!!!!

Lynda

-

peter hurd

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:56 PM

The Valley Vegan..........To send an email to -

Sell it on ebay?Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

I have been guilty of shopping there,I could not resist once, when they had roses for 3 dollars. I try not to shop there because, I am concerned about how theytreat people in China. The dilema for me is that my job(i work for the government) gives out100 dollar cards to walmart, when someone completes certain number ofshifts in a row. I know that my turn is coming up soon and don't know what to dowith this card when they give it to me. I have come to the stage in my life, where I don't really needanything but the air that I breath. (isn't that a song too?) , Jonnie Hellens<jonnie_hellens> wrote:>> I heard on the news that the union hired people to picket for themand paid them a scandelous $6 an hour. > To send an email to -

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

Donate it to charity to auction off?

Lynda

-

Jonnie Hellens

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 2:34 PM

Re: Re: walmart expose

Sell it on ebay?Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: I have been guilty of shopping there,I could not resist once, when they had roses for 3 dollars. I try not to shop there because, I am concerned about how theytreat people in China. The dilema for me is that my job(i work for the government) gives out100 dollar cards to walmart, when someone completes certain number ofshifts in a row. I know that my turn is coming up soon and don't know what to dowith this card when they give it to me. I have come to the stage in my life, where I don't really needanything but the air that I breath. (isn't that a song too?) , Jonnie Hellens<jonnie_hellens> wrote:>> I heard on the news that the union hired people to picket for themand paid them a scandelous $6 an hour. > To send an email to -

Version: 7.1.361 / Virus Database: 267.12.4/146 - Release 10/21/2005

thanks,

those are good ideas.

I have sold on ebay before, but did not have a good experience,

because I dealt with a bunch of meshuganas.

one of my dh's friends once said that he was making thousands a month,

in his spare time selling star wars figurines.

I couldn't understand why grown men would want to buy little dolls

so I went to his house and it was True!

he had shelves and shelves of them.

I got inspired and started selling my books.

well the first deal went well.

then some girl never paid me even though I had sent

her the dictionary promptly.

then I was selling a little collectible car that my son

had two of... I was careful to take good pictures.

Some guy in Australia won it. I think I paid like (i dont remember)

but at least ten dollars in postage.

The guy never send me the check he promised!

He was very polite to thank me, but when I send him

reminder emails he never answered.

so I said no more charity work! and I quit selling.

but perhaps I should try again.

by the way, can anyone tell me a product that

I could sell, that cost very little, then sell for more on ebay?

It would have to be something that I could make a lot of profit on and

sells well.

Thanks

anouk

, " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

>

> Donate it to charity to auction off?

>

> Lynda

> -

> Jonnie Hellens

>

> Tuesday, October 25, 2005 2:34 PM

> Re: Re: walmart expose

>

>

> Sell it on ebay?

>

>

We sell books on Amazon.com and they collect the money. If you sell again

on e-bay, collect the money first and then ship. that is what we did. No

money, no shipping! AND, only cashier's checks or postal money orders!

Lynda

-

" Anouk Sickler " <zurumato

Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:40 PM

> thanks,

> those are good ideas.

>

> I have sold on ebay before, but did not have a good experience,

> because I dealt with a bunch of meshuganas.

>

> one of my dh's friends once said that he was making thousands a month,

> in his spare time selling star wars figurines.

> I couldn't understand why grown men would want to buy little dolls

> so I went to his house and it was True!

> he had shelves and shelves of them.

>

> I got inspired and started selling my books.

> well the first deal went well.

> then some girl never paid me even though I had sent

> her the dictionary promptly.

> then I was selling a little collectible car that my son

> had two of... I was careful to take good pictures.

> Some guy in Australia won it. I think I paid like (i dont remember)

> but at least ten dollars in postage.

> The guy never send me the check he promised!

> He was very polite to thank me, but when I send him

> reminder emails he never answered.

>

> so I said no more charity work! and I quit selling.

> but perhaps I should try again.

> by the way, can anyone tell me a product that

> I could sell, that cost very little, then sell for more on ebay?

>

> It would have to be something that I could make a lot of profit on and

> sells well.

>

> Thanks

> anouk

>

>

> , " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

>>

>> Donate it to charity to auction off?

>>

>> Lynda

>> -

>> Jonnie Hellens

>>

>> Tuesday, October 25, 2005 2:34 PM

>> Re: Re: walmart expose

>>

>>

>> Sell it on ebay?

>>

>>

To send an email to -

>

I always get the money up front.Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

thanks, those are good ideas.I have sold on ebay before, but did not have a good experience,because I dealt with a bunch of meshuganas.one of my dh's friends once said that he was making thousands a month,in his spare time selling star wars figurines. I couldn't understand why grown men would want to buy little dollsso I went to his house and it was True! he had shelves and shelves of them.I got inspired and started selling my books. well the first deal went well. then some girl never paid me even though I had sent her the dictionary promptly.then I was selling a little collectible car that my son had two of... I was careful to take good pictures.Some guy in Australia won it. I think I paid like (i dont remember)but at least ten dollars in postage.The guy never send me the check he promised!He was

very polite to thank me, but when I send him reminder emails he never answered. so I said no more charity work! and I quit selling.but perhaps I should try again.by the way, can anyone tell me a product that I could sell, that cost very little, then sell for more on ebay?It would have to be something that I could make a lot of profit on andsells well. Thanksanouk , "Lynda" <lurine@s...> wrote:>> Donate it to charity to auction off?> > Lynda> - > Jonnie Hellens > > Tuesday, October 25, 2005 2:34 PM> Re: Re: walmart expose> > > Sell it on ebay?> > To send an email to -

Hi lynda,

thanks,

I will try amazon!

I have bought some used books from them

sometimes for real cheap!

>

> We sell books on Amazon.com and they collect the money. If you sell

again

> on e-bay, collect the money first and then ship. that is what we

did. No

> money, no shipping! AND, only cashier's checks or postal money orders!

>

as someone who has long been on the otherside of the industry..i have to say

I HATE AMAZON

:)

Anouk Sickler <zurumato

Nov 1, 2005 9:59 PM

Hi lynda,

thanks,

I will try amazon!

I have bought some used books from them

sometimes for real cheap!

>

> We sell books on Amazon.com and they collect the money. If you sell

again

> on e-bay, collect the money first and then ship. that is what we

did. No

> money, no shipping! AND, only cashier's checks or postal money orders!

>

To send an email to -

Hey, better Amazon than all those books going into the dumpster like they

used to. And, yes, before anyone asked, that is what used to happend to

thousands of books each year.

Lynda

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:12 AM

Re: Re: walmart expose

> as someone who has long been on the otherside of the industry..i have to

> say

> I HATE AMAZON

>

> :)

>

>

> Anouk Sickler <zurumato

> Nov 1, 2005 9:59 PM

>

> Re: walmart expose

>

> Hi lynda,

> thanks,

> I will try amazon!

> I have bought some used books from them

> sometimes for real cheap!

>

>

>

> , " Lynda " <lurine@s...> wrote:

>>

>> We sell books on Amazon.com and they collect the money. If you sell

> again

>> on e-bay, collect the money first and then ship. that is what we

> did. No

>> money, no shipping! AND, only cashier's checks or postal money orders!

>>

To send an email to -

>

While I can guess at what it means, what is the exact translation of 'meshuganas'?Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote:

thanks, those are good ideas.I have sold on ebay before, but did not have a good experience,because I dealt with a bunch of meshuganas.

someone who is crazy... Jonnie Hellens Nov 2, 2005 3:36 PM Re: Re: walmart expose

While I can guess at what it means, what is the exact translation of 'meshuganas'?Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: thanks, those are good ideas.I have sold on ebay before, but did not have a good experience,because I dealt with a bunch of meshuganas.

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click. To send an email to -

I probably would have used other words then to describe people who stiffed me out of money.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

someone who is crazy... Jonnie Hellens Nov 2, 2005 3:36 PM Re: Re: walmart expose

While I can guess at what it means, what is the exact translation of 'meshuganas'?Anouk Sickler <zurumato wrote: thanks, those are good ideas.I have sold on ebay before, but did not have a good experience,because I dealt with a bunch of meshuganas.

its a yiddish term that has crossed over into popualr lexicon to mean anyone who does something idiotic, wrong headed, crazy, etc Jonnie Hellens Nov 3, 2005 1:36 PM Re: Re: walmart expose

I probably would have used other words then to describe people who stiffed me out of money.fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: